Start by marking “The (Half) Truth” as Want to Read:
The (Half) Truth

The (Half) Truth

From bestselling author Leddy Harper comes a sizzling romance about an aspiring young chef who may discover that the perfect recipe for love involves all accidental ingredients…

Tatum Alexander is so close to realizing her dream of becoming a sous chef she can taste it, but working at her ex-fiancé’s restaurant with his new girlfriend was never in her career plan. To save

Kindle Edition
Expected publication: February 19th 2019 by Montlake Romance

To ask other readers questions about The (Half) Truth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The (Half) Truth

Maiara
Nov 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thank you NetGalley for the ARC!
This was my first book by Leddy Harper, and I really enjoyed her writing style, the story was different than other “fake relationship” plots and I really liked that in the book. Nothing happened as I expected. Jason was my favorite character, and his family too. They were all too funny. Tatum was a good character, but a lot of her lies could have been avoided, and some parts just irritated me. But the ending was cute. If you like the no-strings-attached relations
Paula White
I enjoyed this - oh Tatum what a web she weaved! One little white lie and it gathered speed and grew legs! Loved Jason - he took a while to realise what he had and what he wanted but got there in the end. There was humour, some angst and family drama.
Ayekah
Nov 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love Leddy Harper, period, end of discussion. I thought this book was a little different that her norm, I still loved it. This is a character driven story that had me totally in love with Jason and wanting to bop Tatum right on the head a couple times. Tatum is quirky as all get out and Jason was just the best thing since sliced bread when it comes to men in a story. He wasn't too good to be true, he was real.
Which made me love him all the more. Tatum is a chef and her fiancé owns the restaura
Tarah Hodges-Wilkins
This book is hard for me to review. I didnt like nor did I hate it. It just felt like it was lacking something. What? I'm not sure of, maybe chemistry? More emotion? All of the above I guess. It had potential though.
buzy_reading
Dec 06, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: chef-romance
Breaking up is hard, yet a post breakup booty call is easy. Seeking physical companionship nightly over an unknown period of time in a small town known for its gossip.

Nothing says casual like a no-strings hook up with her best friends cousin.

I didn’t care for all the gossipmongers, in the kitchen, it was too reminiscent of high school. I realize this was a small town which lended to rumors, yet these accusations bogged down the story.

Some stories click together and some don’t. Unfortunately, th
Sherri Babb
Dec 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was such a sweet romantic funny book. This book is about Tatum and Jason. Both Tatum and Jason have had there hearts broken recently. Both are not looking to find anyone else. Then fate steps in and they meet. They both cannot stop thinking about each other. Jason does anything he can to find a reason to spend time with Tatum. Tatum does everything she can to avoid spending time with Jason. This does not stop Tatum from telling a little lie to save face at work. One little lie turns into an ...more
Sara Oxton
Nov 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The (Half) Truth by Leddy Harper a five-star read you will believe. Wow this was my first read by this author, but it won’t be the last as it was funny and brilliant. Tatum Alexander was simply sublime, she was just the right side of klutzi and crazy and man does she know how to cook, she had my mouth watering many a time. But she is a little cray cray, but honestly who wouldn’t be in her situation. Having to see you ex is bad enough, having to work with him, that deserves a blooming medal. I mu ...more
Shannon
Nov 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Half Truth is about Tatum, who was recently dumped by her fiance, and Jason who is Tatum's best friend's cousin, who is fresh out of
a long-term relationship himself. Despite Tatum's friend's warnings to both to stay away from each other, the chemistry proves to be to strong for either to stay away.

This book was laugh out funny at times, but it also had more serious scenes as well. Tatum seemed to find herself in some pretty crazy situations, which seemed to be the theme of the story. I did
Sheena
Nov 22, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Becky Wise
Dec 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
The (Half) Truth is an amazing read. I love Tatum. She sure knows how to get herself into some pickles though. You know it's all going to come crashing down but you can't stop yourself for every little misunderstanding that comes out with Tatum. Jason is ready for more and you can just feel the chemistry he shares with Tatum roll off the pages as you read. As all is reviled you feel for both Jason and Tatum. Jason isn't known for second chances. He has a bit of a past reputation that his cousin ...more
Amanda
Dec 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A totally addictive read, the banter and Tatum’s quirkiness kept me completely enthralled in this book! The characters were sometimes frustrating but that made the story more believable. I loved the way Jay embraced Tatum’s quirks and didn’t expect her to change. Overall, a lot of laughs, some cringeworthy moments and a very sweet romance that develops.
Jessica Smith
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a super cute book! I found the characters to be so well written and funny. Their own unique personalities coming through perfectly that I found myself laughing out loud in many places. Highly recommend!
Jas
Dec 03, 2018 rated it liked it
This book is one I liked but did not love. I enjoyed the interactions between Tatum and Jason but I think there was just too much going on around them, most of it pretty immature, which took away from their story.

I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
Danielle from Short and Sassy
2 stars
Sadly, this book daddy work for me. I liked the last few book by this author I have enjoyed. This one I struggled to even finished. I wished it was more comical and a little more mature.
Danielle from Short and Sassy
2 stars
Kate Cook
This was a really cute story , I loved Jason and Tatum . The book was really easy to read and get sucked into the storyline! The story was witty as well as funny. Watching Tatums web of little fibs unravel happens so quickly and before you know it the story is over. But it was nice to see a slow development in the relationship from friends to lovers . Another amazing ready by Leddy Harper. Read it and you won't regret it!
Erin
Nov 27, 2018
PoshTomes
Dec 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was my first book by this author and I really enjoyed it! The characters were well developed and I didn’t feel like the only thing they had in common was in the bedroom. Cute read.
Helena#bookdreamer
Thank you Netgalley for providing this ARC in exchange for an honest review.
Unfortunately I wasn't too fond of this novel. The
Tatum and Jason's connection was lukewarm at best and their interactions was immature. She just gets dumbed by her fiance who she desperately wants back but as soon as she meets Jason it's all forgotten. Then she's kind of cold to him but has to pretend she likes him because she lied to her friends that he was her boyfriend. The writing had no depth and I felt it describe
Sherri Babb
Dec 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Paula  Phillips
rated it it was ok
Dec 10, 2018
Amy Lynn
This was a funny and romantic story. Tatum is finally getting her dream of becoming a sous chef, but she is working for her ex-boyfriend who has a new girlfriend. Tatum does what many women have done over the years and creates a fake boyfriend. Although Jason isn't really fake. He is the cousin of one of her friends and he has recently moved back to the area.

A fake romance that blossoms into something more, but is it enough.
Fallon
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Full detailed review comming soon!!

This book was so good! I really loved "Jay" and Tatum as a couple! I enjoyed how instead of forcing something they didn't want, they eased into it with friendship and amazing sex!!

Highly recommend!!
Emily
Nov 14, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked and disliked the book. Overall, it was really good but some scenes bugged me a lot. For example, how the author explains Jason's break up with his girlfriend hit a nerve with me. It was all out in the open over a phone call to a relative. It felt like the author was trying to force the dialogue so the audience would understand Jay didn't give second chances and that he used to be a player but wasn't anymore. I can't reiterate how much it buged me. Again, this scene just felt so forced. I ...more
Tej
Nov 20, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Leddy Harper is a new author to me, but I liked this book. It was funny, made you feel awkward for the heroine (very awkward at times!) and sweet. I liked Jason and Tatum both and their interactions never felt forced. The secondary characters were good as well and they all had a roll to play in this book. **ARC by NetGalley. All opinions are my own**
ShinyObject
I received a copy of The (Half) Truth by Leddy Harper from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Unfortunately, this book missed the mark for me. The plot was messy and boring, the dialogue was flat, and the characters (primary and secondary) did not have chemistry. I think the lack of chemistry was due in large part to the immaturity and lack of positive qualities of the protagonist, Tatum, as well as the equally obnoxious secondary characters at her work (the restaurant)
Ira
Dec 12, 2018
Brittany Simmens
Dec 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a cute story. It didn’t immediately draw me in but I enjoyed the characters interactions and chemistry.
Caro
Aug 10, 2018
Rosa
Aug 11, 2018
Cover Photo Issue 1 2 Oct 17, 2018 01:06PM
Leddy Harper had to use her imagination often as a child. She grew up the only girl in a house full of boys. At the age of fourteen, she decided to use that imagination and wrote her first book, and never stopped.

She often calls writing her therapy, using it as a way to deal with issues through the eyes of her characters.

She is now a mother of three girls, leaving her husband as the only man in a