Start by marking “Those Girls” as Want to Read:
Those Girls

Those Girls

3.89  ·  Rating details ·  17,900 ratings  ·  2,246 reviews
* This is an updated cover of this Kindle edition. *

Life has never been easy for the three Campbell sisters. Jess, Courtney, and Dani live on a remote ranch in Western Canada where they work hard and try to stay out of the way of their father's temper. One night, a fight gets out of hand and the sisters are forced to go on the run, only to get caught in an even worse nig
Published July 2018 by St. Martin's Press (first published July 7th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Those Girls, please sign up.
Jess Marie I wouldn't want my teenage daughter reading this. I love suspense and horror novels, but at 29 even this one was hard for me to listen to. It was even…moreI wouldn't want my teenage daughter reading this. I love suspense and horror novels, but at 29 even this one was hard for me to listen to. It was even hard for my boyfriend to listen to.(less)
Jess Marie Not at all. I read her first book, Still Missing when it first came out, but I haven't read the other ones in order. They're not connected.

·  17,900 ratings  ·  2,246 reviews

Shelby *trains flying monkeys*
Dear Ms. Stevens,

I'm sorry, but I think it's time we broke up.
I loved you when you wrote Still Missing and Never Knowing

I do know. It was That Night. That sucked big time. I'm sorry.

Too much happening in your book with flat characters turns my heart off.
This one. I thought I was going to love.

I think to keep me relating to characters that are in my books I have to at least have some belief in their stories. Be it fantasy, romance or thrillers like this one.
I was actually with you in this
Deanna
Mar 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow!! I just finished this book about an hour ago. Fantastic read!
I have enjoyed all of Chevy Stevens books but this one is probably my favorite.

I have found that lately it's taken quite a while for me to get into the books I'm reading.

Not so with this book. I was HOOKED from the start. It packs such an emotional punch that even when I had to put it down for a few minutes it was all I could think about. I rushed through everything I had to do until I could pick it up again.

I fell in love wit
Elyse Walters
Feb 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
I started reading this book early evening last night (taking a break from the history book). I continued reading through the night -and kept on reading until mid morning. (never touching my phone, or computer. Nothing distracted me, (not the laundry, not my daily 'to-do' list). I didn't even taking a break for a morning cup of tea.

I literary was having an 'affair' with this novel. Be warned, The reading experience is like climbing over a high brick wall --entering private property -- then realiz
Susanne  Strong
Apr 23, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobooks, dnf
Chelsea Humphrey
I don't even know where to start on this one. I'm a huge Chevy Stevens fan; I've read all her books and eagerly anticipate them each year. So naturally I was all set to devour this one, and completely shocked when it felt like I was reading another author. Don't get me wrong, this was an easy read and was thrilling. It just didn't work for me in comparison to her past novels.

I'm not going to rehash the plot as it is complicated and spoilery, but basically these 3 girls go from one bad situation
Carol
2.5 Stars

Oh dear......I am sorry to say this novel did not work for me. It certainly begins with a bang when three teenage sisters ban together to save themselves from their drunken abusive father, but their unbelievably asinine decisions thereafter ruined the rest of the story for me. Unfortunately, I never did connect with any of the characters, and even the verbal threats and violent actions by the aggressors came across as flat and unconvincing.

Overall, an ok young adult read with murder, ra

Kelly (and the Book Boar)
Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

“Some things can’t be made right.”

So Hiddles, what did we think of this one?

Dallas Commercial Photography

Oh come on, that’s a bit harsh dontcha think????

Dallas Commercial Photography

That’s right, think about it. Take all the time you need. Oh, you already have a new reaction???

Dallas Commercial Photography

Yes. I can get on board with the eye roll – and yet somehow I COULD. NOT. STOP. READING. THIS.

Alright, here’s the synopsis (Dear plagiarists, please don’t steal these from me. I’m not very good at writing them):
*TANYA*
Mar 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ugh, this book was brutal!! Very emotional and full of angst. I had to take breaks, the tragic events these sisters endured were horrific.
Brenda
Jun 29, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed the first part of this book. Told by the youngest of three sisters, there was a tension that gripped me. I wanted to know how these girls escape their early life and what would become of them. Eighteen years later in the second half of the book, it all started falling apart for me and I even questioned what I had enjoyed in the beginning.

Those girls had a gritty upbringing, so why are they so naive? There is specific mention of being taught mechanical things by their father, but
Stacey
Sep 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Those Girls is a suspenseful read! Divided in 3 parts and don't skip the epilogue. The first part is tough reading, but if you're still with it after that, it's a good, addicting read. It shines a light on the bond between 3 sisters and the secrets they share.
Sue
A special thank you to St. Martin's Press and NetGalley for an ARC of “Those Girls” by Canadian author, Chevy Stevens, in exchange for an honest review. More than a suspense crime thriller, this novel will keep you entertained from beginning to end, with this intense, gripping, emotional and powerful page-turner of the bonds of three sisters protecting one another.

The setting for the novel takes place in rural Littlefield, a small town near the Alberta border, catering mostly to the farming and
Vaso
Jun 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Τρεις αδερφές που η ζωή δεν τους φέρθηκε καλά. Η μητέρα τους πεθαίνει και μένουν μόνες με τον μέθυσο πατέρα τους που τις κακοποιεί. Μετά από έναν καυγά, η κατάσταση ξεφεύγει και αναγκάζονται να το σκάσουν. Όμως η συνέχεια είναι ακόμη χειρότερη....
Μετά από δεκαοκτώ χρόνια, η απουσία μιας εκ των τριών θα τις φέρει πάλι στο σημείο μηδέν.
Ο ρυθμός της αφήγησης είναι έντονος και παρόλο που χωρίζεται σε δύο μέρη, δεν μπορείς να αφήσεις το βιβλίο από τα χέρια σου. Νομίζω ότι αυτό το βιβλίο, δεν είναι α
Lisa
Dec 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-loved
I am a huge Chevy Stevens fan & couldn't wait to get into this one all I can say is that I loved it the premise was complicated but for me it worked the basic story was about 3 sisters who had a tyrant of a father who used to beat them senseless, Jess Dani & Courtney decided to leave as their father nearly killed Courtney.

The pressure to stay in the town of Littlefield got to much for them they decided to change their names & move to Cash Creek where they would not be known, anyway t
 Li'l Owl ~ Incorrigible Reader
Terrifyingly real! The brilliant performance of the narrators made the brutality and horror nearly unbearable!
Narrators Jorjeana Marie & Emily Woo Zeller each earn 5★'s!

In the years following the death of their mother, Dani, Courtney, and Jess have become victims of thier father's abuse. During the times when he is gone to work for weeks at a time, they are left to fend for themselves on what little money is left from his last job. Whatever is left after he drinks most of it on his way hom
Brenda
When their mother passed away, Jess, Courtney and Dani found themselves at the mercy of their drunken and abusive father. He would leave them on their own for weeks on end, while they struggled to survive and when he finally arrived home, drunk and violent the teenage girls would be in constant fear for their lives. When unexpectedly and with horrible certainty the nightmare came to life the Campbell girls - Dani the eldest, Courtney and Jess the youngest – knew the only thing they could do was ...more
Erin
Jan 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Disclaimer: Trigger Warning for Domestic Violence, Sexual Assault, and Torture.

Audio book version by Jorgeana Marie, Emily Woo Zeller, and Nicol Zanzerella ( 11h 29m)

Well, this was quite the wild ride! Separated into three different parts, Those Girls, is set in the Canadian province of British Columbia and spans eighteen years in the lives of the three Campbell sisters. These girls surely live through hell and at times it was hard to stomach. Chevy Stevens' villains are truly the most despicab
Rosie
Sep 28, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sisters Dani, Courtney and Jess have survived a lot growing up. 18 years after changing their identities in order to survive, Courtney goes missing. Skylar, Courtney's niece, fears the worst and sets off on a journey to find out where she has gone. Skylar learns the awful truth about the horrifying events that happened in the past and all three sisters are forced to relive them.

At the beginning I struggled to put it down. There was a lot of suspense created as the events that were unfolding wer
Dana ****Reads Alot****
I really don't want to be a Dana downer but......the story started out terrific. Lots of action, mystery and then when I started to get to page 225 its when it went all downhill for me.It seemed rushed. unrealistic. And I do like my books to be alittle realistic. Alot of people enjoyed this book but I feel like an alien for not. These girls have been through so much but what kicked it badly was the niece searching for her aunt who went back to cash creek. Like seriously she had no idea what she ...more
sue

This is totally 'unputdownable'.

There has not been one Chevy Stevens book I have had the pleasure of reading that I haven't liked or had a small moan about. This author really knows its reader.

The Campbell sisters, Jess, Courtney and Dani do not have the best of lives. They're Mother was dead.
[The story tells you how she came to die]
And they live with they're Father. He is one horrible man! He treats each girl terrible, he's abusive, cruel, he's cruel to the point of almost death.

He goes off to
Christina
3 stars!

The 3 Campbell sisters ( Jess, Courtney and Dani ) live on a remote ranch in western Canada where they work hard and try to stay out of the way of their abusive alcoholic father. One night a fight gets out of hand and it leads the sisters to go on the run, only to get caught in an even worse nightmare when their truck breaks down in a small town.
Eighteen years later, they have new identities and are still trying to forget what happened to them that summer. But then one of the sisters go
BookLover
I wavered back and forth with my rating while reading this book.

I’ll start with the parts that I loved - Chevy Stevens is a fantastic storyteller. I was on the edge of my seat for the entire book and hated having to put it down when life forced me to take a break from this story. Like her other books, this one was gritty, suspenseful and had my heart in my throat during many parts.

What ultimately brought down the rating for me is what I tend to refer to as “characters who are too dumb to be ali
☮Karen
Sep 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Here we go again--another nail biter from Chevy Stevens. And another enthralling read about females being abducted, held against their will, and abused. Yet the females become stronger from their experiences and here, three sisters form a bond they'll never break. But the R word (revenge) just won't let go of one of them, and the excitement level reaches a new level. You wonder what some people use for brains. Very good ending.
Dita
Feb 19, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fourth Chevy Stevens book and none can recreate the magic of Still Missing. I think I'm done...

This one started out strong; awesome relatable characters who demonstrate true perseverance and strength in dire circumstances. But then? A complete gearshift into unbelievable, frustrating, and less than credible choices.
Rose
Initial reaction: I'll admit that as I'm sitting down to write the review on "Those Girls" by Chevy Stevens - I'm a bit at a loss for words. This book was so visceral, intense, and I couldn't help but feel right in the heart of the anger and hurt for the characters in every step of the horrific abuse they suffered. There were many moments that my hands were shaking as I listened to the audiobook, anticipating what the characters would do and hoping they found some sort of piece of mind as the na ...more
Denise
Feb 12, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
2.0 out of 5 stars -- Three sisters escape a violent, abusive father only to end up in an even worse predicament that they barely survive. Years later, the women are still tormented and scarred by the events of that summer. One of the girls is determined to have a final reckoning, but plans go terribly awry.

This is the 5th book I've read by this author and it was very much a let-down. I didn't find it suspenseful, there's no mystery, and few thrills here. I read that it's supposed to be a novel
Alexandra Matobookalo
3,5/5
Την Chevy την αγαπώ!
Γράφει ωραία, καθαρά, ψυχολογικά θρίλερ, χωρίς υπερβολές γενικά, με γεγονότα που θα μπορούσαν να συμβούν.Οι ιστορίες της σε κρατάνε μέχρι τέλους και δεν μπορείς να τα αφήσεις απ’ τα χέρια σου.
Αυτό όμως που δεν μου άρεσε τόσο εδώ, σε σχέση με τα προηγούμενα, ήταν η ιστορία η ίδια. Ήταν πιο απλή και ψιλο-αναμενόμενη για μένα. Έχει ανεβάσει τον πήχη πολύ ψηλά!
Πάντως, είναι ένα βιβλίο που το προτείνω ως εξής:
Σε κάποιον που διαβάζει ψυχολογικά θρίλερ το προτείνω μόνο εάν θέλε
Sarah Swann
May 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW! I was not prepared for this. I knew it was a thriller and would most likely be good. What I got was a thriller that was dark and twisted with one of the worst male villains ever...and I couldn’t put it down! These three women went through so much darkness in their lives. It was heart breaking and so raw. I loved it and can’t wait to read more from this author.
Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books)
This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life.

I really enjoyed reading this book. How is it that I haven't read anything written by Chevy Stevens before now? This is the kind of book that I really enjoy reading and I am amazed that I somehow missed this author. I think I even own one of her earlier books but have never felt compelled to open it but I can tell you that it will not remain unread much longer.

This book really opened with a bang and I was immediately hooked. The story is told
SUSAN   *Nevertheless,she persisted*
I really disliked this book. I found the characters and storyline rather unrealistic.
The last 40 pages of this book was just improbable,the ending was hokey and hard to swallow.
Would not recommend.
Wendy
Aug 04, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-reads
Unbelievable, brutal, flat, predictable. I would've thrown the book across the room in frustration, but then I realized that it's a library book. I was frustrated by the stupid decisions the characters made. I gave it 2 stars instead of 1 because the beginning wasn't too bad.
  • Nightwatcher (Nightwatcher #1)
  • Baggage
  • Little Lies
  • This is Not Forgiveness
  • Pretending to Dance
  • Pretty Ugly
  • The Stolen Ones (Stevens & Windermere, #4)
  • Deceptive Innocence: Part 3 (Pure Sin, #1.3)
  • You Can Trust Me
  • Stolen
  • The Apothecary's Daughter
  • The Secrets of Lake Road
  • Tell Me You're Sorry
  • Umineko WHEN THEY CRY Episode 1: Legend of the Golden Witch, Vol. 2
  • Hush Little Baby
  • White Plague (Joe Rush, #1)
  • Precious Thing
  • Speak of the Devil (Anna Curtis, #3)
CHEVY STEVENS grew up on a ranch on Vancouver Island and still calls the island home. For most of her adult life she worked in sales, first as a rep for a giftware company and then as a Realtor. While holding an open house one afternoon, she had a terrifying idea that became the inspiration for Still Missing. Chevy eventually sold her house and left real estate so she could finish the book. Still ...more