Start by marking “Of Gallantry and Magic” as Want to Read:
Of Gallantry and Magic

Of Gallantry and Magic

Sir Tristan, son of a continental hero, is summoned to the court of Schafheim to interview for a novice knight position. After dozens of applications to courts all over the Continent, Lord Schafheim wants to see him. Immediately. But when he arrives for the interview, things start to go wrong: a brash, bearded commoner ties his dragon too close to Sir Tristan's firebreathe ...more
Published September 15th 2018 by self

To ask other readers questions about Of Gallantry and Magic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Of Gallantry and Magic

Chris, the Dalek King
Um…

Oh boy.

So, I have read this book, and to be perfectly honest, I’m not entirely sure what it was about. The blurb says it is about Tristan’s search to become novice knight, and along the way he runs into this commoner guy who is vexing and sexy (I guess? I mean, if a stunning lack of understanding about consent turns you on, he’s totally sexy.). There are also dragons.

And…well, yeah I guess that is what happens in the book. The only problem is that the story is almost 200 pages long and I have
Jason
Oct 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Of Gallantry and Magic is the tale of Sir Tristan, son of Derrick Dragonbane, and his first job interview. Sir Tristan has large shoes to fill, as his father is renowned throughout the world for slaying one of the living weapons during a previous war. People expect great things from Tristan (especially himself), and yet, he is having trouble finding a job. You see, the world is at peace, but he is expected to become a Knight and follow in his father’s footsteps. Even Sir Tristan expects himself ...more
Anne Barwell
Nov 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook, m-m
Of Gallantry and Magic pokes fun at some of the tropes of knight-centre fantasy novels. While it is a parody, and an amusing one at that, it is also much more, as Tristan navigates his way through a wider world that he is ill equipped to deal with. I enjoyed reading about him learning about the realities of life, although he is still rather a unique character by the end of the story.

The author’s note at the beginning of the story sets the tone, and warns the reader that this story is not to be
Free_dreamer
Sep 27, 2018 rated it it was ok
A Scattered Thoughts and Roguew Words review

Magic, knights, dragons, and a promise of forbidden love – what could possibly go wrong? Well, for “Of Gallantry and Magic” the answer is a lot. I really thought this book was going to be amazing, but sadly it was very disappointing.

First of all, I really didn’t like the writing style. It’s supposed to be historical but it just felt so very fake to me. I can’t even say why. From what I can tell, it was mostly accurate and the editing was well done too.
Sebastian Hediger
Debra Guyette
Nov 27, 2018
Len Evans Jr
Sep 17, 2018
Alex writes fantastical fiction because life is most interesting with dragons, magic, and beautiful men. Being non-binary informs Alex’s style and subject matter but does not dominate their stories. Life does.