Start by marking “Shards of Love (A SAFE Security Trilogy (Jesse and Jessica 3))” as Want to Read:
Shards of Love (A SAFE Security Trilogy (Jesse and Jessica 3))

Shards of Love (A SAFE Security Trilogy (Jesse and Jessica 3))

“I’d wanted the fairy tale, and somewhere along the line I’d forgotten that everyone in a fairy tale paid a price.”

All Jessica ever wanted was a family.

When the unthinkable happens, Jessica finds herself adrift in a sea of grief. It’s going to take everything she has to pull her life together and fight for the life she wants.

Warning: Bondage, D/s, rape (not romantici
Kindle Edition
Published July 27th 2018 by Lost Goddess Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Shards of Love (A SAFE Security Trilogy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shards of Love (A SAFE Security Trilogy

Start your review of Shards of Love (A SAFE Security Trilogy (Jesse and Jessica 3))
Dar
Jul 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This, this was an emotional rollercoaster. I ugly cried, I was angry, I laughed (caught me off guard too!), and by the end I was so freakin' happy, I could've burst!

This is the final story in the trilogy that is Jesse and Jessica's journey. Their first story showed how they fit, but didn't. Their second story had them being realistic instead of making assumptions. This story is about them finding themselves, really looking inside, and being strong individually enough to contribute fully. Buildi
Greyling54
Shelves: erotica
I have been reading this trilogy since it started coming out less than a month ago, and the final installment does not disappoint. Now I have the challenge of reviewing it without giving away spoilers. Based on the cliffhanger from book 2, Broken Love, the outline of the plot for Shards of Love is predictable, but it is the execution that makes this a superb read. Zurlo gives us a heavy helping of realism here. For those wanting romance and great sex, it's here, but that's not the main part of t ...more
Barbara
Jul 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
ABSOLUTELY PHENOMENAL! That is the best way I can describe the trilogy that makes up Jesse and Jessica’s story. In fact I can easily say, hands down, this trilogy is in my top 5 for 2018. Ms. Zurlo has totally outdone herself by writing a story that is so exciting, relevant and emotional that it will leave you breathless, teary eyed and over the moon as you follow along.

To say Jesse and Jessica’s lives were far from easy is such an understatement. From events in their pasts, their careers, to t
Ramona
Read For Author:
Michele Zurlo, gets ten stars for this entire Series but this book you needed tissues. It was emotional and hard to read if you feel like you know these characters already. The beauty in love is that it can conquer all but with trying times it takes tough measures and you will see that in this book. The love between friends tested, between husband and wife and even loving your self. Michele did such a wonderful job in writing this book I was sad when it ended. This entire Trilogy
Katey
Aug 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh, wow ... this story. It really went places I didn't expect - dark, honest, and important places. The internal journeys of the main characters are as interesting and multidimensional as the incredible story they're living. I'm not wanting to give away anything, so let me just say Dean plays an incredible role in this story that I did not see coming. To watch the bonds develop, morph, strain, and grow between these characters is amazing. Truly, Michele Zurlo nailed this story. ...more
Linzi Baxter
Jul 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Michele sucked me into the story and I found myself saying one more chapter until I reached the end.
Mary Lou Hoffman
SHARDS OF LOVE is the fourth book in the Mercenary Hearts series and the sixth in the SAFE Security series.

In a world that is facing a “new normal” every day, it is strangely comforting to experience the SAFE Security team as they wrap their heads around all that they did or didn’t do right, wrong, should have, could have, would have done differently.

There are a lot of hard issues to read in this story. I can’t. I won’t write about some of them, because of the spoilers, but suffice it to say t
Diane G
Aug 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have read the Safe Security Trilogy and it does NOT disappoint! It is an epic love story for Jesse and Jessica. They have a lot to cope with and at times, they can’t find their way and all seems lost. Also, it involves the whole Safe crew who are deeply affected by the major events and will always question their actions. Will Jesse and Jessica find their way back to each other and will their friendship with the crew of Safe, endure these difficulties?
Michele Zurlo is an amazing author which i
Johanna Sawyer
Feb 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I just want to reread this series.... does Dean get the next book? So many questions and I’m completely addicted to this author. I’m just devouring all the books at this point, and this author is definitely the most read author so far of my 2020 year. Jesse and Jessica just make the most epic couple.

What did I like? This book just tore me apart... I was gasping it hurt so bad. Un put down able. This series was perfect but you always want more. Jesse just seemed to be the perfect man. He doesn’
Joanne Carr
Mar 18, 2020 rated it really liked it

I am voluntarily writing this review for this book I received through Booksprouts arc.

Dean worked as a mercenary and while they were on a mission and lost two people. Frankie and Jessie were shot and and the plane was going down and Jessie pushed Frankie out of the plane. The guys found Frankie and they helped her escape with them. They couldn’t find Jesse they knew he was in Honduras. When the went into the village they were told that Jesse was dead and they gave him his clothes and wedding rin
Leanne Bryson
Mar 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I have never read a series of books that has the same intensity through out the 3 books. Jesse and Jessica are 2 of my favorite characters, ever! This book took the reader through an emotional washer, spinning you around, wringing you out, and then you start cycle 2. These two have grown so much, been through so much, and still make it back to each other. This book has great flow, intense lows, and great highs. There is no way you can put it down. I read in one sitting (and laying in bed). Miche ...more
Douglas Williamson
Mar 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
They want each other, but can they find a way to make that happen?

This is book three of the series. I didn't read book one and did fine, but I would not recommend starting here. And if you are going back, might as well start at the beginning for the full effect.

This is an intense romance story with strong elements of BDSM. The story is very well written, but I am not going to call it easy to read. The story can be rather emotional at times (even more so than the last book) which might encourage
SiKReviews
Aug 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The three Mercenary Hearts Books center around Jessica and Jesse's love story. The three books take you on a journey throughout there relationship. Jessica had a really hard life that got worse. After waking for a coma, the life she thought she had was false. The man who was there protecting her fell in love with her when she was still rehabing. One glorious night bonds the two forever, but before Jessica can commit, she needs to find a part of herself she lost before the accident. Jesse is the ...more
Kim
Mar 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Jesse and Frankie are off to do a job. The job goes wrong , Frankie is rescued in bad shape, but Jesse is reported as dead. Jessica gets the news and falls apart although she still has their baby daughter to raise. Many ups and downs follow. Jessica needs comfort after Jesse is said to be dead and she turns to Dean. They find comfort in each other until Jesse returns six months later. Many things have changed while Jesse has been gone, but Jessica and her love for him have not. It is a big adjus ...more
Jennifer Swan
Apr 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Love, struggle and all the drama

There was so much drama here! Their lives have been built on it though. Jesse, Dean and Jessica have such an interesting relationship. The team is central to the story and makes it all work. Mistakes are made by all and watching them work it out the best they can as a team and family is what makes this book great. Well written, angsty, full of love and drama, a fitting end to this series.
Jeanne Richardson
Apr 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I've read several books written by Michele Zurlo; she has done a great job at writing a good book; she is becoming one of my favorite authors. I can’t wait to read more of books her books.

I loved the chemistry between the characters.

Tania
May 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved the book, the story was well written and the characters were intriguing. Once I started I could not get enough, from the start till the end I was engrossed I was even on the edge of my seat with twists and turns, lust and passion, strength. Do yourself a favor and buy the book you want be disappointed.
Thank you for allowing me to review your book.

Suzanne Irving
Mar 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This series has all the feels and action you would ever need. Sexy ex soldiers (of both sexes) coming back to “real” life and having relationships. The whole thing is gloriously messy and full of life. I have enjoyed reading this series so much and I recommend it highly.

Debbi Taylor
Apr 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What an excellent series! This book Centers on Jessie and Jessica and what a ride you are in for excellent characters and an excellent storyline! Can’t get enough of these books and this author, definitely recommend this book.

Colleen
Apr 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Fantastic way to wrap up this trilogy. Emotional, suspenseful and intense. I absolutely loved Jesse and Jessica. I will admit I ugly cried at times. I must also admit I wanted to throw my kindle cause I was so torn up about Dean. As I have found with all of this author’s books I have read she writes a thrilling story with unique, strong and inspiring characters.
Elvira
Apr 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I have read other titles by this author and this is just as good as those. The author did a great job with giving these characters life. The chemistry is undeniable and steamy. The storyline flows smoothly from beginning to end.

Sharon
Mar 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the 3rd and final part to this series that is an emotional rollercoaster. If you love D/s relationships, you shall love this series. It’s a dark series so some possible triggers in it but it is wonderfully written and a joy to read.

Donna
Apr 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Can I just say Michele Zurlo completely grabbed and held my undivided attention with this series. Shards of Love was the perfect addition it had the spice that made me want to keep reading to the end. I recommend reading this book plus the others in this series

SEng
Mar 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the last story in this trilogy. Jessica and Jesse must overcome tremendous obstacles. This is such a rollercoaster of emotions as we follow their journey. I enjoyed the many twists and turns, drama, suspense and romance in this well written story. I received an arc of this book and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Kristine L.
Mar 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This story has plenty of twists and turns. It will suck you into the story and won't let you go. I went from angry, to sad, to frustrated. Jesse and Jessica's story has all of that and more. This story is where Jessica and Jesse finally get their happy ever after. Fantastic. I received a free copy of this book and am voluntarily leaving a review. ...more
Lisa
Mar 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Awesome chemistry. Characters were likeable and relatable. Enjoyed the back and forth banter. Many twists in the plot to keep it interesting. Read cover to cover. Five stars.

Mike Herbert
Apr 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved reading Shards of Love by Michele Zurlo. What a wonderful story and very well written. I will just say this is an enjoyable sexy, steamy, erotic book.

Amy Miller
Mar 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Jessica & Jesse... this is the third book in the series and these two will leave you in a heap of mess on the floor. Their story will leave you feeling so many emotions throughout but also leaves you loving them.
Carmela Dimattia
May 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This whole series has absolutely slayed me but Shards of Love grabbed my heartstrings and twisted and didn't stop for one minute; not even at the end. Jesse and Jessica have been through so much together and Michele Zurlo felt that they needed more drama in their lives. Their journey is one of love, desire, passion and it brings you to your knees. This book is just so beautiful, so emotional and so heartbreaking at every turn. I could not put this book down until it was finished and then I cried ...more
Lindsay
Dec 01, 2019

• Just Us (The Porter Trilogy, #3)
  • Just a Woman (The Porter Trilogy, #2)
  • Something Real (An Indecent Apposal #1)
  • Deceived (The Devil's Syndicate #1)
  • Mouser (Reapers MC, #9)
  • Bruno
  • Falling For The Billionaire (The Sherbrookes of Newport #9)
  • The Billionaire’s Pretend Wife (Preston Brothers #1)
  • Accelerate (Savage Menaces MC, #1-3)
  • Prey (The Master's Child, #6)
  • The Master's Child Box Set Two (The Master's Child, #4-6)
  • The Billionaire’s Pregnant Employee (Preston Brothers #3)
  • The SEAL's Surprise Son (The Admiral's Seals, #1)
  • Twisted Steel
  • Uncovered: The Complete Trilogy
  • Dire (Emerald Isle MC #2)
  • Chiltern Hotel Complete Boxset (Chiltern Hotel #1-6)
  • Defied (The Devil's Syndicate #2)
Michele Zurlo is the author of the Awakenings, Doms of the FBI, and the SAFE Security series and many other stories. She writes contemporary and paranormal, BDSM and mainstream—whatever it takes to give her characters the happy endings they deserve. Her childhood dream was to be a librarian so she could read all day. Some words of wisdom from an inspiring lady had her tapping out stories on her fi ...more

News & Interviews