Start by marking “A Heart For Freedom” as Want to Read:
A Heart For Freedom

A Heart For Freedom

(A Heart Set Free #2)

4.45  ·  Rating details ·  29 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
He longs for freedom, but he won’t risk those he loves.
Matthew Stewart wants only to farm, manage his inn, and protect his family. But tension between the Loyalists and Patriots is mounting. When he’s asked to help the Patriots and assured his family will be safe, he agrees.

She’s seen the cost of fighting England, and she wants no part of it.
In Scotland, Heather Stewart wi
Mass Market Paperback, 278 pages
Published October 1st 2018 by Lighthouse Publishing of the Carolinas

To ask other readers questions about A Heart For Freedom, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Heart For Freedom

Sep 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A stirring tale of America’s tumultuous beginnings, A Heart for Freedom is both historically and spiritually rich, a poignant reminder of the high cost of freedom that we continue to enjoy today. Janet Grunst inspires, educates, and entertains in this second in the series.
Laura Frantz, author of A Bound Heart
Cindy
Aug 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Now I can't wait for the next book in the series! Don't worry, the ending of this one is not a cliffhanger. It's actually a great ending. Problem is that the author Mrs Grunst, has made her characters so real you feel they're old friends, and you can't wait to visit with them again. Even better, they're godly friends who love the Lord and you'll love hearing how He worked in their lives. Hearing their stories will affect your heart too. If you will allow it, you will be encouraged, given hope, a ...more
Elaine Cooper
Oct 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
"A Heart for Freedom" by Janet S. Grunst is a historically-accurate novel that depicts the quandary of the colonists in 1776. While many Americans desired freedom from England, an equal number desired to remain loyal to the King. What is often missing from historicals during this time period is the other third of the colonists—those who desired freedom yet desired peace as well. Their simple lives as farmers and merchants were about to be turned upside down by war and they knew the consequences ...more
Tina
Sep 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-pdf-adr, own
A Heart for Freedom by Janet S. Grunst

April 1775 brings much uncertainty and turmoil in Virginia and the colonies as conflicts with England escalate, which may lead to war. We catch up with Matthew and Heather Stewart in the midst of this conflict. Matthew is a courageous, strong man of faith and integrity which puts him at odds with the decisions he must make. I could feel his struggle as he made those decisions, how his heart is torn between family and duty to his country as he awaits God’s g
Clarice James
Oct 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Janet D. Grunst puts flesh and blood on the dead bones of textbook history in A Heart of Freedom, her second book in her historical trilogy about life in late 18th century Virginia. The author easily draws readers back in time. She also does a wonderful job juxtaposing the simplicities of life against the complexities of a pre-war political era. Her characters’ relationships, conflicts, joys, and hardships become ours.
Kathy Stackhouse
Oct 02, 2018 is currently reading it
I thoroughly enjoyed reading A HEART FOR FREEDOM by Janet Grunst. Suspense, intrigue, spies, romance, love and trust in God are all part of this story, which tells of the exciting lives of Matthew and Heather Stewart, who are caught up in the perils of the beginnings of the American Revolution.
Pat
Oct 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The great character and storyline development captured my attention from the very first page and wouldn't let me go until I read the very last page! This was the first book that I have read from this author and it definitely will not be the last!
Donna Scofield
I was eager to read “A Heart for Freedom” after reading “A Heart Set Free.” I was not disappointed. This book is a “stand-alone” novel, but the author skillfully drops in enough details from the first book to keep the reader fully informed. The characters are so believable that the reader feels their pain and happiness. Ms. Grunst has written a novel about the beginning of the Revolutionary War that is well-researched and historically correct. Her details of everyday life make the reader feel th ...more
Georgia Lowe
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A Heart for Freedom is another great story from author Janet Grunst. It was wonderful to hear more about Matthew and Heather Stewart and how the approaching Revolutionary War has affected their family and friends. Like her first book A Heart Set Free, I didn’t want to put this one down until I was finished. I was thrilled to learn at the end that there will eventually be more to their story.
Regina
Sep 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What an excellent story! More review to come.
Jodie Wolfe
Aug 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
A Heart for Freedom picks up a few years after A Heart Set Free. It's set during the backdrop of the beginnings of the American Revolution.

While it isn't a typical romance, I found it to be an interesting read. Grunst did a wonderful job bringing out historical tidbits that were seamlessly woven into the story.

A copy was given to me free, but a favorable review was not required in any way - 2018.
Laurel
Aug 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a very interesting book about the beginning of the Revolutionary War. It was also the first Christian book I have read with this subject. This book did keep me reading, however, I got turned off by the same Bible passages being quoted over and over. I felt like something was missing, in the book. Can not put my finger exactly on why it feels incomplete.

I did receive this ARC without cost for an unbiased review. Which I believe I have done.
Denise Weimer
Aug 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Janet Grunst weaves romance, friendship, and intrigue into a delightful and well-written yarn that will keep you yearning for a happy ending until the last page. An authentic and enjoyable sequel to A Heart Set Free, even for a new reader to the series.

I received an ARC of A Heart for Freedom but was not obligated to leave a positive review.
Pegg
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A beautiful follow-up to "A Heart Set Free." This non-traditional romance follows the married couple, Matthew and Heather Stewart. Their happily-ever-after is challenged by the turmoil of the American Revolution. Can they and their marriage survive in the midst of such chaos, danger, and uncertainty?
Caroline
Oct 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A Heart for Freedom is another fantastic novel from Janet Grunst. I loved the story of Heather & Matthew. This fast-paced novel grabs your attention at page one and keeps it all the way to the end. This page turner will have you flying through the pages. I highly recommend this book and I assure you that you won’t be disappointed. I look forward to the continuation of this series.
Deborah Lane
Oct 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Virginia, colonial times. War and rumors of war, conflict resolution which comes at great cost to all. Well written, lovely character development. Layers of storyline! Recommended.
Randy Tramp
Nov 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Matthew Stewart wants only to farm, manage his rural Virginia inn, and protect his family from the tyranny of the Crown. But with tensions between the British Loyalists and Colonial Patriots mounting, he’s forced to choose sides.

While in Scotland Heather Stewart witnessed the devastation and political consequences of opposing the Crown. Now she wants only to avoid war and protect the family and peace she's found in Virginia. When Matthew leaves for a short journey and doesn’t return, Heather be
Robert Floyd
Nov 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A heartfelt story

I truly enjoyed this book so much that, in the midst of reading it, after discovering that there was a prequel, "A Heart Set Free", I switched over to reading that book before resuming this book. Both books were well written and portrayed life during the American Revolution quite reasonably.
Mary Payne
Oct 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Heart for Freedom

A very uplifting novel with a sense of being there with the characters as events unfold. Once started I wanted to continue until it was finished
Carol
Sep 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
A Heart For Freedom by Janet S. Grunst is an enjoyable read. This is book two and continues Heather and Matthew's story from A Heart Set Free. Set during the Revolutionary War where the couple just want to live a peaceful life with their family. A well researched book with decisions to be made. There is danger, spies and romance. Great read and I hope there will be another book in this series.

I received this book from Lighthouse Publishers of the Carolinas and all opinions are my own.
Nancy Phy
Holly Scharping
Nov 14, 2018
Ruth H. Riggins
Aug 22, 2018
Janet lives in the historic triangle of Virginia (Williamsburg, Jamestown, Yorktown) with her husband. Her love of writing fiction grew out of a desire to share stories that can communicate the truths of the Christian faith, and entertain, as well as bring inspiration, healing, and hope to the reader.

A Heart Set Free (2 books)
  • A Heart Set Free