Start by marking “Over Easy (Santa Lena Sizzles #1)” as Want to Read:
Over Easy (Santa Lena Sizzles #1)

Over Easy

(Santa Lena Sizzles #1)

If it’s easy, it’s not worth it…

After a tumultuous divorce, the last thing Harper wants—or needs—is a new man in her life. She’s done with love and romance. When a smear of lipstick and a Pink Squirrel turn into a chance encounter that she’ll never forget, everything changes.

Nothing worth having comes easy…

Jack can’t believe his luck. When the mysterious woman he’s had
Published September 14th 2018 (first published September 6th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Over Easy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Over Easy

Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Aug 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Over Easy is book one in the Santa Lena Sizzles duet by Jessa York. This is Jessa’s debut as an author and what an entrance she is going to make with this duet.

Image result for over easy jessa york

Harper was badly hurt by her good for nothing ex-husband. After the divorce, she wants nothing to do with men. She has two zany neighbors that keep her company and her work friends. Harper works at Brentford Organics, an organic produce supplier, and she loves her job. It’s been eighteen months since she split from her now ex and her frie
Carvanz
Oh my gawd, I absolutely loved, Loved, LOVED this book!

Harper is just coming off of an awful divorce from a man who treated her miserably. When she agrees to a night out with the girls the last thing she’s looking for is a man. But that’s exactly what she finds when she runs into Jack. A smear of lipstick, some fumbling awkwardness and a Pink Squirrel later she’s pulled into his sphere.

description

Jack has a lot of baggage and he’s not sharing what it is. He really doesn’t need to add a new relationship in
Janie
Oct 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars. This book was great. Very funny, great MCs and awesome secondary characters. But THAT ENDING!! I don’t know if there’s any coming back after that. Hmmm I’m happy the second book is out because I wouldn’t want to wait for the second book, that’s for sure.
Denisa
1.5 DNF at 50%

I gave up when I found out this is a duet.

So, this is definitely one of the worst books I've read this year. The characters were absolutely awful and the plot wasn't much better. Let me make you a "Why not" list...

1. The characters are idiots. Not just one of them, but both. They talk like 10-year-olds and act like 16-year-old hormonal little teens.

2. They are way too fictional, even for a (fictional) book. I need to give up too much reality to actually try and read this.

3. Bad wr
Jemima
Aug 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
~ A Copy Of The Book Was Provided IN Exchange For An Honest Review~

IT’s hard to believe that This is a debut release by Jessa York

I admit it took a tad bit of patience at the beginning but once the ball got rolling, I was on board The OVER EASY train!

Without giving away the spoilers…Harper (I love the name!) has had her heart broken by her ex-husband. Her level of trust in men is pretty low at the moment. There in comes Jack. Knight in shinning armour in a form of a sexy chef/restaurateur.

There
Claypot_Reads -  Michelle
Aug 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Wow!!! What a debut book - really loved it. Harper and Jack's love story was a really fantastic read. Great dialogue, believable chemistry and just the right amount of sweet to have me churning through the pages. I have to say I also really enjoyed the supporting characters - they made for a well developed story that was really rich and fun to read. Definitely looking forward to book 2 in this duet & many more stories to come.

I received an arc of this book.
Candace Tidwell
Sep 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
What a refreshing and lovely book. Harper and Jack are breath of fresh air. Their chemistry is off the charts. Prepare yourself, and this is only semi spoiler I'm going to give you. Over Easy begins with a bang and ends with an explosion.
This is the first book I've read by Jessa York and I will confirm that I'm officially hooked. Her writing is original and fresh. The storyline flowed seamlessly. The slow build of Harper and Jack's relationship was intense and beautiful. Jessa also provides you
Geegina
Aug 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Over Easy is the debut book of Jessa York and I must say that I really enjoyed it. I mean who doesn’t like a man that cooks for you all the time... swoon!!!
Jack is a chef, he is sexy, sweet and with lots of baggage. He’s restaurant comes first, and is not looking for any relationships. But once Harper is in the picture things begin to change.
Harper is divorced, she is not looking for anything butter friends really want her to move on and live life. When she decides to go out with her friends she
Kelly Green
Dec 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
Wow! This book was so packed with so many things! It totally kept me interested from the beginning! And with that cliffy.... Now I NEED the next book! Jack is one of those bbf you really just want to squeeze and slap all at the same time. And Harper is such a lovable, relatable heroine! She is absolutely someone I could see myself being friends with. Characters like that make it really easy to root for them! I totally recommend this book... Especially since the follow-up is already available.
Lynn
Aug 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A great debut book by Jessa York! This book has the recipe for a great romance- relatable characters, supportive relationships, suspense, chemistry, caring.....

Harper is just out of a bad marriage and not trusting! She meets Jack, who sweeps her off her feet. He’s attractive, caring, is an excellent chef, supportive of her. She falls and falls hard for him.

Harper is surrounded by funny, supportive friends and family who only want the best for her. She has an ex-husband who keeps stalking her. Ja
Emily
Jul 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"Over Easy" (Santa Lena Sizzles #1) by Jessa York is a great read. I enjoyed Harper and Jack's story so far. This is a great debut from this new author. This story has drama, romance, passion, suspense, humor, entertaining characters, twists and turns, and more. I'm anxious to see what happens next! Highly recommend to all fans of romance, humor, and series.
Jen
Apr 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This romance novel by new author, Jessa York, not only provides love, humor and heat, but also thrills and suspense! It kept me hooked from the beginning with many plot elements (but not too many) and ended with a HUGE cliffhanger and me wanting more! I can’t wait for the next book!
Melenia
Aug 19, 2018 rated it liked it
Omg I don’t know how to rate this book.

I started chapter two and read it in one sitting.

I did skim portions of it though, just a tad.

I despise cliffhangers with my whole being. If I had known it was one I wouldn’t have read it.

I really did enjoy this book. Like I want to give it five stars, but I also want to give it one star. So three it is.

If you are okay with cliffhangers this will probably be a 4.5/5 Star read for you.
Breezy
Aug 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am not as good at writing as I am reading however, I felt this book deserved a review so bear with me. 😊 What can I say about “Over Easy” by Jessa York without sounding like every other cookie cutter review out there? This book was the definition of a page turner and had me hooked for 3 hours straight (because I couldn’t fall asleep until finishing it). The ending left me wanting to cry and scream, heartbroken and scared, right along with the characters (If you didn’t know yet, this is a cliff ...more
Helen Altafulla
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I wish you could all hear how loud I gasped at the ending of this book.
Holy mother of a cliffy.
Being shocked is a severe understatement to how I felt when I found out that this was Jessa York’s debut novel. She hit the nail on the head so strong, the hammer broke to pieces.
I absolutely loved everything about Over Easy. There is drama, a little mystery, some comedy, high quality swoon worthy moments, sexy steamy scenes, and so much more.
I could not love Harper and Jack more than I already did
XxStephxX
Sep 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I won this book as an ARC and I couldn’t be anymore happier that I did because otherwise I don’t think I would of found it. Even though this is a book I normally wouldn’t of picked I absolutely loved it. Contemporary romance isn’t usually at the top of my list but after this book I will forever be a fan of Jessa’s. I loved the story, the characters and the way it was wrote. The authors writing style made it relatable and easy to imagine in an everyday occurrence. I actually laughed out loud at s ...more
Auden Dar
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It's hard to believe this is Jessa York's debut! I honestly didn't know what to expect going in and what a wonderful surprise!

Harper and Jack's story was engaging, filled with humor and surprisingly, suspense. It's so rare to find a book that can have you laugh one second, and then have your jaw drop a second later.

The secondary characters are some I've ever read and hope that they'll get their own story after the second book. I'm usually never shocked when it comes to cliffhangers but holy smok
Jillian Clemente
Aug 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book!!!!!! Jessa York has written such amazing characters!!! I just adore Harper and Jack. They are so relatable and real. They both carry a ton of baggage but we don’t learn a lot about Jack’s. Harper has so many insecurities but with good reason. Jack shows her how to live and love again. This book is a duet and will leave you dying for book 2. It’s so worth it it though. I am anxiously waiting for the conclusion of Harper and Jack’s story.
Brandy Ellerhorst
Aug 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved the chemistry between them.
Suzanne
Aug 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read2review
Over Easy is a great debut story by Jessa York. It's a great read containing romance, drama, humour, suspense and passion.

I enjoyed Harper and Jack's story so far. They both carry lots of previous relationship baggage but we don’t learn much about Jack’s until the very end (although it was pretty clear to me what it was!). Harper has so many insecurities but with good reason having found her cheating husband with her cousin. Jack slowly shows her how to live and love again even though he is just
Rebecca
Aug 21, 2018 rated it liked it
*I received an ARC in exchange for a fair and honest review.*

Jessa York's debut novel Over Easy is great! Harper is damaged emotionally after her ex, and Jack is hiding some things from the start.

Harper is very down on herself when her friends finally intervene and drag her out of the house to meet her next new man.

Jack makes comments from the beginning that seem to cement his manwhore status, but then acts in ways that contradict that.

Things that make me a little uneasy are Harper's constant ne
Peggy R
This is a new romance author to me and I was lucky enough to win an ARC of the first book in the Santa Lena Sizzles duet. I really enjoyed the book. It is a funny, sweet, sexy romance about second chance love. Jack and Harper are great couple, but both come with some baggage. In this first book, Harper's baggage is more apparent than Jack's, which is shrouded in a bit of mystery. Harper's friends and colleagues are terrific secondary characters some of whom also have a bit of mystery surrounding ...more
Christine
4.5 stars!

Wow!! What a debut story from Jessa York. I was instantly hooked and couldn't put it down. Throw together little bit of drama, humor, sizzling chemistry between Harper & Jack, excellent secondary characters....and you have one great read!

And that cliffhanger.....thank goodness part 2 releases soon, cause that definitely has left me wanting more! I highly recommend this story and can't wait for more from this author!!
Zilpha Owens
Sep 10, 2018 added it
Shelves: dnf
DNF at 50%. I tried really hard to get into this story but just couldn’t connect with the characters or the random plot twists.
Demetra
Sep 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs, e-books
This is the author's first book and let me tell you that after this duet, she will be in your radar! For a debut book is actually really good! I liked both the writing and the story!!

Harper is in a bad place when she finds her husband cheating on her with her cousin. What's worse is that he has the audacity to ask her why she's home early. Man come on you were cheating on her and complain?! She gets rid of him thankfully but then she's becoming closed off. Her neighbours decide to cheer her up.
Barbara
Aug 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I want to start by saying I was blown away to learn that not only was Jessa York a new author but that Over Easy is her debut book. The book is very well written and has all the things I love about a good storyline: humor, romance, aghast and suspense. It also has terrific characters that are written in such a way that you feeling you know them and can feel their emotions. It also has one factor I truly hate which is that it ends in a Cliffie. However, I’ll give the author a pass on this as she ...more
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
I absolutely LOVE this story, it gets five giant hearts from me! The writing, the story, the characters are all amazing. It’s thorough, with a great flow, a realistic timeline, it is a complete well-rounded story that made me feel so many emotions. The chemistry between the characters is so hot, from page one the author had my attention and continued to pull me deeper. It’s funny and sexy and he's dreamy…..everybody should have “a Jack”.

Jack is a chef and restaurant owner who stole my heart fro
M
Aug 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC of this book and as Jessa York is a new author to me I was excited to dive into her world. This is Jessa's debut novel and it does not disappoint! Told with the restaurant industry as a backdrop, Jessa York thoroughly draws you in. The hero, Jack, is a chef and restaurant owner who is not only a talented chef, but a bit of a dirty talker, with a heart of gold. Let's face it. There is nothing sexier than a man who wants to express his love for you through his love of food. Swoon ...more
Wendy Livingstone
Oct 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am amazed that this is a debut novel from this talented author, and she is certainly one to look out for in the future. Harper has just come out of a horrible divorce, and the last thing she wants is another relationship. Jack is a chef with a lot of baggage, and when Harper literally falls into his arms, can his mind be changed about relationships? No spoilers; this is a definite must read, you will not be disappointed. This is a well written, fast paced story, which is emotional, humorous, a ...more
Katy Tinnin
Aug 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I can not believe this is Jessa York's debut novel! I loved Jack and Harper's story. Their chemistry was perfectly written. The storyline was a good, steady pace with enough secrets sprinkled in to keep the reader guessing and wanting more. The secondary characters were really enjoyable to read and left the reader to wonder about some of their stories and secrets. The book does end on a huge cliffhanger that will make the reader crave the next part of the story. Everyone need to read this book!
Bargain Basement: SWAG PACK 1 7 Aug 17, 2018 03:43PM
  • Escapades (Trident Ink #1)
  • Inked (Sailor's Grave #2)
  • Freeze Frame (Snapshot, #1)
  • Tempo
  • Bishop's Angel
  • Forbidden Virgin
  • Luke's Present (Morning Report, #3.5)
  • Falling for the Billionaire Wolf and His Baby (Blood Moon Brotherhood #1)
  • Watch and See
  • One Wild Ride (Lords of Mayhem #2)
  • Forever Your Concierge (Concierge, #2)
  • Bound for Nirvana (The Bound Trilogy #3)
  • Fight For Her
  • Filthy Player
  • The Secret Thief
  • Bash: Volume I (Rolling Thunder Motorcycle Club, #3)
  • UnScrew Me (Savage Beast MC #1)
  • Midlife Crisis

Santa Lena Sizzles (4 books)
  • Over Hard: A Second Chance Romance (Santa Lena Sizzles Book 2)
  • Overdrive (Santa Lena Sizzles, #3)
  • Overdue (Santa Lena Sizzles Series #4)