Start by marking “The Wedding Obsession” as Want to Read:
The Wedding Obsession

The Wedding Obsession

3.88  ·  Rating details ·  32 Ratings  ·  29 Reviews
Emmie Morgan woke up from heart transplant surgery, saw her best friend Brandon Tan sitting by her bedside, and promptly asked him to marry her. If there was a faster way to ruin a friendship, she didn’t know it.

BookSnuggle
Aug 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
The Wedding Obsession is Book number one in the Morgan Sister Brides series by Madeline Ash. This is Emmie Morgan and Brandon “Bran” Tan’s story.

This is an emotional story. Bran and Emmie have been friends for years but circumstances drove them apart. Now, Bran is back in town. Can Bran and Emmie repair their friendship and take a chance on love?

Bran and Emmie have been through so many struggles. My heart hurt for them as they worked through these struggles. I fell in love with Bran. Emmie’s cha
Emma
The Wedding Obsession by Madeline Ash
One year on, Bran has returned home to open a restaurant and Emmie adds trying to make amends to her already chaotic life. She’s also running her own music venue, battling survivor’s guilt—oh, and secretly tending a wedding obsession sprung from her n
Marsha Spohn
Reviewed at Keeper Bookshelf

The Wedding Obsession is such an emotion packed romance, one that will linger in your mind and heart long after the final page.  Emmie and Bran have been best friends for years, and hidden from each other more than friends.  Brandon has loved Emmie but he's not willing to risk their close friendship to push for anything more between them, what he feels for her beyond friendship he'll just keep to himself.  Emmie's heart condition has always been there, not truly betwe
Janine
Aug 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
When a heart knows what it wants, it will do anything to get it.

Emmie Morgan grew up with a heart condition and when she finally received a transplant and woke up, she asked her best friend, Bran Tan, to marry her. Bran, being the good friend he was, couldn’t say no. But things got weird after that and they didn’t talk for a year until Emmie’s mother invited Bran to Emmie’s rebirthday party, a celebration of the day she got her new heart.

After the party, Emmie and Bran work on getting their fr
Eileen
Aug 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
I totally enjoyed reading The Wedding Obsession by Madeline Ash, book one in her Moore Sisters Brides series. When Emmie Morgan awoke after heart transplant surgery she asked her best friend Brandon Tan to marry her. This was not like Emmie as she never cared about marriage. Fast forward one year and a healthy Emmie is running her dream music venue, still battling survivor’s guilt, and keeping her wedding obsession secret in her closet. Bran returns from Barcelona to open a restaurant and in nee ...more
Shelagh
Aug 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Wedding Obsession is a truly touching love story. This is a deeply emotional read with complex layering that may not appeal to some readers, but I was drawn in from the first and the more I read, the more absorbed I became.
Emmie is a heart transplant recipient who struggles with both survivor guilt and an obsession with weddings that appears to have come along with the heart she has inherited. She’s driven to be worthy of the heart, knowing that somebody died so she could live. Tied in with
Paula
Aug 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Not a “Was told I was dying story but one of I am finally well story”; The Wedding Obsession by Madeline Ash is quite unique. This is the first time I have read anything like this. It is romance, but the focus seems to be more on friendship and how to sabotage it instead of letting it grow naturally into love.

The plot is evenly paced with one extremely likable character and one who is just plain odd. Emmie is dizzy with a capital D with her fixation on weddings to prove this point. Yes, it woul
Sandi Ramirez
Aug 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book. It was one of those reads that was a for me slow at times but I understood why it needed to move at the pace that it did but it still was slower than I am used to reading. Bran is a great best friend to Emmie for years. I mean the entire time they've known each other she has has heart issues. And we first meet them on the day she is waking up from her heart transplant. Oh a Happy Ending as the book starts " Will You Marry Me?" But then where would our book be if that was the ...more
Paula Pugh
Aug 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Man, oh, man! This is quite a book! The writing blew me away and drew me in completely. Ms. Ash has a fabulous way with her words in describing the thoughts, doubts, insecurities, and emotions of the characters of Emmie Morgan and Brandon Tan. It is a not to miss book and one that I will definitely reread.
Emmie Morgan gets a heart transplant and in a morphine haze, asks her best friend, Brandon Tan, to marry her. He deep down loves her and says "Yes!." The next day, she recants and breaks his he
Bookgyrl
The book started with Emmie waking up after her heart transplant. Bran, her best friend, is at her side and she asks him to marry her. He is startled (but not against it), however Emmie retracts her proposal at waking up the next time. And their friendship comes to a sudden end.

I had a hard time staying interested. Emmie gets a new lease on life, but she has lost her best friend and she is obsessed with getting married. I actually did not like her that much. I felt sorry for Bran. The book drag
Shari
Aug 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Should you always listen to your heart, especially when it is a new heart to Emmie? Emmie wakes up after her heart transplant and asks her best friend, Brandon to marry her. Of course he immediately said yes but what a way to ruin a friendship when she re-nigs on the proposal. Fast forward one year, Bran returns home after being abroad to open his own restaurant. She tries to make amends to Bran, while still having to deal with survivor guilt and her secret wedding obsession.

I so enjoyed this
Maria Elena T
Aug 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
As a best friends to lovers fan, I liked this story. It gave me all the feelings, made me identify with a very challenging situation and made me root for Emmie and Bran.
The story starts right after Emmie gets a heart transplant. From that point onwards is a journey for their friendship, with ups and downs, with some learning and understanding. At some point it can even get frustrating, but again, it made reflect on the fact that people are different, and we process what happens to us in a diffe
Jas
Aug 04, 2018 rated it liked it
As someone who reads a crazy number of romances a week, I frequently feel as if I have read it all. Lucky for me this book had some fresh ideas attached to the friends to lovers trope (which I love when it is done well). Bran and Emmie have been best friends for a long time. They have strong feelings for each other that they didn't want to act on while she was critically ill but now that she is better somehow not only are they not together but they aren't even friends. It was an interesting plot ...more
Anima
Aug 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ash has the most unique storylines and characters. Emmie, a recent heart transplant recipient, has a sudden obsession with weddings. Her best friend, Brandon, has been her rock through everything. She has two sisters with very opposite personalities and a quirky mom helping to run the business. Bran and Emmie have seen more than their young lives can handle but Ash leads them through beautifully. The subject of transplants and how the recipient is affected by the changes was magically written. M ...more
Kim
Sep 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, read-in-2018
I'd never read anything by this author before and didn't know what to expect, but saw another review for this book and it sounded interesting. I figured it couldn't hurt to request it from NetGalley. Surprisingly, my request was approved and it's a good book. I suspected what was driving the wedding obsession and I fretted a little about whether it was going to be hokey. It was not hokey and it was a different setup from what I've been reading lately. Also, I really applaud Bran's fortitude.
Clio
Oct 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
This novel takes the romantic genre fiction tropes and pushes the emotional and heartfelt ones harder then many other books I’ve read. Emmie and Bran are realistic and sensitivity portrayed as our romantic leads, grappling with bigger issues then your standard trade paperback often allows for.
This is a story I’ve not read before- a unique voice and plot among the many derivative ideas in the romantic genre.
You’ll want to give this a go- then read the rest of Ash’s work- she’s a shining light i
Rhonda
Aug 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Different kind of story

I had mixed feelings about Madeline Ash's The Wedding Obsession. While I thought her making the heroine Emmie a heart transplant recipient a unique concept I just couldn't get into her character. I liked Bran a little better, but he too was a little difficult to earn up to and see in a romantic vein. I really think this book reads more like woman's fiction which is not a problem, just not how it was advertised.
I received an advance reader copy from Netgalley.

S.M. Spencer
Sep 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this story - the writing is beautiful, the characters are realistic, and the story itself is both believable and touching. I’ve read a few of the reviews that suggest it might be better called women’s fiction, and maybe so because there is so much depth to the characters, but if you love a good romance, and one that is a bit different, you’ll probably love this story as much as I did. Well done Ms. Ash.
Kaitie Cakes
Oct 08, 2018 rated it did not like it
I found this book unbelievably boring and hard to follow along with. I was daydreaming about other things well reading this whole book. I also felt there wasn’t much of a connection between Emmie and Bran. This book was very boring and im glad i didnt pay for it. I will not be looking into other books by this author.
Runner10
Aug 08, 2018 rated it liked it
The Wedding Obsession is a friends to lovers story. The book is part of a series, but can be read as a stand alone. The storyline includes a topic that I have not read about in a romance book. I’ve read and watched on the news about organ donation, but have not thought much about the feelings of the person receiving the organ. Madeline Ash does a good job capturing the emotions that may happen.
Donnajo
Aug 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
I voluntarily read a advanced reader's copy of this book for a honest opinion

The Wedding Obsession a good book. It might have taken me awhile to get into but once I did I really enjoyed the connection between the characters. A heart warming friend to possible romance storyline. Looking forward to reading more by the author Madeline Ash.
Louise Bird
Aug 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Grekkleberry
Aug 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book has everything you could want. Passion, drama, laughter, tears! You'll be hooked from page one, deeply in love with Bran by page two, and so emotionally committed to Bran and Emmie that you won't put it down until there are no more words. Complex, thoughtful, heart(spoiler)-breaking and heart(spoiler)-mending. Read it. Seriously.
Sue
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was ok
I received this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. I am sorry to admit I couldn’t finish the book. I read to almost the half way point. The book dragged, the characters were a little odd but I just didn’t click with it.
Bette Hansen
Aug 31, 2018 rated it liked it
This book is a friends to lovers story with a bit of a twist. Overall the story didn't really work for me but it is well written with nicely developed characters and a unique storyline for this trope. It's a quick easy read so I think some will really enjoy it.
Jacki
Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was ok
What I liked:
The writing style
Part of a series: The Morgan Sisters
Standalone
HEA
Epilogue

I had a hard time staying interested in this book.
I voluntarily read and reviewed an ARC from NetGalley.
Lee
Oct 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
I found this one to be a very emotional, heart-wrenching read with endearing characters and a plot that wraps around you and pulls you in from the very beginning. I would recommend this book to anyone who loves to read stories that touch the heart.
Kerrie
Sep 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ahhh, couldn’t put it down, loved the sweetie hero & his beloved tortured heroine. This one will stay with me for a long time. One of the best I e read so far this year 😍😍
Book Gannet
Jul 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was not prepared for this book, not at all. I was expecting something quite fluffy with some serious undertones. Nope, this book is serious all the way through, and at times completely broke my heart, mended it, then smashed it all to bits again. Which is kind of fitting in a book about a heart-transplant and the struggle the heroine has to recover from it.

I really enjoyed it, and aspects of the end left me in absolute pieces, but it isn’t always an easy book to read. Emotions run high through
Kimberly Hinkle
Aug 31, 2018
Madeline Ash is an Australian contemporary romance author and a two-time RITA Award finalist. She writes novels with sensitivity, humour, and heart.