Start by marking “Dead in the Shop (Grasmere Cottage Mystery #3)” as Want to Read:
Dead in the Shop (Grasmere Cottage Mystery #3)

Dead in the Shop

(Grasmere Cottage Mystery #3)

A Romantic Cosy Mystery.

Join bestselling author Dahlia Donovan in the final book of her cosy mystery adventure in Grasmere Cottage Mystery book three. With love, wit, and a murder to solve, Valor and Bishan really need to stop life being so bloody complicated in this sweet gay romance.

Deadly fire? Check.

Fear-induced heart attack imminent? Check.

Time running out on t
Published October 20th 2018 by Hot Tree Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Dead in the Shop, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dead in the Shop

Start your review of Dead in the Shop (Grasmere Cottage Mystery #3)
Daniel
First off, I am pretty conflicted about giving this a positive rating, because I feel that the marketing is dishonest and I was tricked into reading a longer and more expensive book than I realized.

That is not to say that I think $8 is an unreasonable price for the actual book, all 3 parts considered as a whole, I'm fine with that. But what I thought I was starting was a standalone novella for $2 from a new to me author. In actual fact, Dead in the Garden is just an overly long sample you have t
Jason Bradley
Nov 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery, m-m, ebook
It's over. :( I want more!!!
Kendra T
Oct 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Thankfully I read this as a bundle book. It is listed here are 3 separate books, and I have to say that if I had read them as 3 separate, I would've been super annoyed. It is really like one big book in 3 parts. This is the conclusion, and frankly, as much as I was enjoying the story overall, I am glad it is finally over because it seemed to go on a bit too long. By the time we figured out who the bad guy was, I had forgotten who the character was.

Despite that, though, the story itself is really
Brianne Maffett
Oct 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A perfect ending to this amazing series! My love for this series was only dulled for a brief moment when I read the last page. If I could, I would continue to read about Valor and Bishan for much longer.

Valor and Bishan are two of the best characters that I have read about in a really long time. Usually, after a couple of books with the same characters, I get bored. But not with these two! I loved getting to know them and watching them grow as individuals and as a couple while reading this serie
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog

Stephan
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery, m-m-romance
I thoroughly enjoyed this murder mystery set. As stated by the recommender, once I read the first, I wasn't stopping til I was through with the third! Bishan was such a great character.

Literally my only complaint is that I thought in this one, the ineptitude of the police went too far. Particularly once they had the name of the killer, the idea that they wouldn't have (view spoiler)
Brooke Banks
I received this book for free from Silver Dagger Book Tours in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

Content Warning: Murder, Attempted Murder, Stalking, Arson, Kidnapping, Ableism, Racism.

So, I was actually only supposed to review the first book, Dead in the Garden. Instead, I totally read all three back to back in quick succession. Great reading experience for me, harder to review as I think of all three books as one, like seeing
Maria Vickers
Oct 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Cliff hangers done, ending achieved...and what thrill ride it was. Dead in the Shop is the third and final book in the Grasmere Cottage Mystery series. Dead in the Garden started the journey, only we quickly realized we didn't know as much as we thought we did. Dead in the Pond continued the story, but we were knocked around and couldn't exactly figure out which end was up. And finally, Dead in the Shop rounds out the trilogy and all I have to say is brava!

The whole mystery series keeps you gues
Lisa
Oct 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a great set of books.
I loved everything about this trilogy.
Each book continues on with the main arc of a story, that of who is trying to hurt Val and Bish.
The mystery gripped me. The chase of trying to catch the killer before he kills again.
How supportive the majority of secondary characters were.
I got to the end and realized there was little if no sex in these books, and you know, I don't care. There is so much going for them without that.
So my question to you is, if you haven't read this
Elayne
Oct 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-books
This trilogy needs to be read in order, but all the books are out there and waiting. What a roller coaster ride of near death experiences, kidnap and murder. For a cosy mystery, this has been more like a Midsommer Murder episode done in 3 parts and each one has been glorious. I have loved reading about Lord Byron and Prince Valiant, their motley group and family, friends and supporters. Of all the possible suspects for psycho bad guy, it was the least expected. I’ve loved this series and I very ...more
Kristine (A Cozy Booknook)
Oct 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cozy-mystery, 2018
This is a great conclusion to this trilogy. This book picks up where the events from the previous book ended. I really like these characters and enjoyed getting to know them. There is plenty of suspense, and a few emotional moments. I do suggest reading this trilogy in order for best enjoyment, it’s worth it.
Fee (Ebook Addicts)
Sep 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, read-in-2018
Full review coming soon
Daylin
Oct 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
While still super cute I thought it was a little anticlimactic with the reveal of the killer
books are love
Oct 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a perfect way to end this trilogy. Though I do hope that we will see more of these characters in the future. The story picks up where book two left off so if you haven’t read any of the earlier books this one will not make any sense.

Valor and Bishan are back and boy do they pack a wallop in this book. Bishan is still having a hard time adjusting but with Valor by his side he is doing better. Neither are living without fear though and both want to solve who is doing these murders and why
Aussie54
Dec 02, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: kindle
When the murderer was discovered, I had no clue who that person actually was, since I read the first of these books a while ago, and had forgotten the names possibly suggested earlier in the series.

Really, this series would've been better off being edited and bundled into one book, rather than having three separate offerings. It was a pleasant enough reading experience, but didn't appeal to me as much as it seems to have appealed to most other reviewers. 2.5 stars
Wine&BookLover42
Oct 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Dead in the Shop
By: Dahlia Donovan
I was asked by the author or publisher to give an honest review of this book.
I give this one 5 tiaras:

Overall I liked this book and read it quickly. I ended up reading all three books rather quickly as the endings leaving it hanging and I didn’t want to keep waiting to know how things would end. I felt so sorry for these characters and the fact that their lives could never be just another day.
Bish is an autistic, sweet but Sheldon-like person (from Big Bang T
Melanie
Oct 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words Review

For Books 1 through 3

Rating 5 stars out of 5

For the full review visit https://wp.me/p220KL-eUe
From that Review: "The stories appear together under one cover in paperback format at Hot Tree Publishing, also separately in all eBook formats wherein lies the rub for me. See, I was lucky to read it as one story (still not sure how the author and publisher gave me the paperback version in e format). Cal them. Because read in one flowing story? The best thing
KindMaryJane
Jun 12, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: contemporary, m-m, mystery
Debbie
Independent reviewer for Archaeolibrarian, I was gifted my copy of this book.

This is book 3 in the trilogy, and you MUST read book one, Dead In The Garden, and book two, Dead In The Pond, before you read this one. They are NOT stand alone books and need to be read in order!

With Bishan in the hospital, Valor has to dig deep within himself to keep it together. When there is another murder, the police finally decide that they need to draw the murderer out. And Valor finds himself not only fighting
VVivacious
This was a bit of a letdown. I liked the story and I loved Bishan and Val but I feel like the reveal of the mystery and the explanation was not very well done. Also, what possible reason would the killer have to kill Lord Scott? Atleast when the killer was obsessed with Valor things made more sense but yeah, this reveal of the mystery was lukewarm at best.

But despite, that sad note, I still loved Val and Bishan who are two of the most amazing characters I have ever known and all those HP and LOT
Kathryn Manzella
Oct 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Valor just wants to enjoy a life with his lover, Bishan, but the killer is still taunting him. Instead of a quiet life in his quaint cottage, he us racing to solve a mystery before anymore deadbodies appear. Finally though, the killer is forced out of the shadows and now wis wilint to take out everything impeding his progression to his goals in this conclusion of the trilogy.

Back to Valor's point of view, this third and final book in the Grasmwre Cottagw Mystery Triogy concludes the mystery of
Daniel Beliveau
Dec 01, 2018 rated it liked it
This is the third installment in the Gransmere series. I realize I was a little too harsh in my first review, but I am still disappointed that it took 3 books to tell this story; it really should have been a single novel. This is a cute story, but the mystery part is a bit lacking. The embedded clues are simply not something that could really be solved, in my opinion. I get the "bumbling" police, but they really left the solution up to the autistic guy, who again, may be a good reflection of how ...more
Mythili
Feb 10, 2019 rated it liked it
The final in the trilogy, a shorter one than the prior two which reinforces my notion that this could have been one book but for the vagaries of book publishing.

Here's my last attempt to point out something that I giggled about to myself: Bish the name makes me think of bishounen from manga which is basically how I imagine him as this eerily handsome youngish musician, a manga character set amongst other human characters.

I think the mystery is obviously second here to the characters, and Val is
Kathy Wideman
This is the third and final book in this series. The killer is getting more brazen. He is no longer happy going after those close to or friends of Val and Bish he is now going after them as well. The guys feel as if this will never be over. The police thought they thought they knew who the killer was but then he wound up dead as well. They are back to square one and aren’t getting any closer to figuring out who is doing these things. I love the ending to this series. This book while being the mo ...more
Mari  Cardenas
5 Stars!

Dead in the Shop is the riveting conclusion to the Grasmere Cottage Mystery Trilogy. If you were waiting for the series to be complete before getting it, please do yourself a favor and do it now. You have no excuses and you'll be missing out otherwise.

This installment was action-packed and intense, we finally learn the identity of the killer, but not until Ms. Donovan is well and ready to reveal him, and everything else is tied up nicely. My favorite part throughout the series was defin
Dana Busenbark
Hooooooooooo boy! Does this book get very interested less than 1/3 of the way into it. You will never believe who ends up dead this time! It's…. Oh, wait, you really thought I was going to tell you? Just think, "Calling all cars! Calling all cars!" from the old time radio shows and black and white TV shoes and you will understand how this ramps up so quickly. Wow, just wow! IT surprised me on who the killer was and why! This was an incredible mystery series to read! Maybe in the future, we'll ge ...more
Ashley
Nov 01, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: bb-review
In this final installment of the Grasmere Cottage Mystery the killer is finally revealed. It’s been an interesting ride with Valor and Bishan as we try to figure out who and why this person has been killing. Our fellas have been through multiple injuries, multiple deaths and had to deal with a froggy neighbor. This was a light-hearted, cozy mystery that definitely needs to be read as a bundle. I was more interested in the Val and Bishan rather than finding out who the killer really was. When I d ...more
Tammi
Sep 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
A great conclusion to this cozy mystery trilogy!
A lot of action in this one. It picked up right were the scary cliffhanger of book two ended.
This was definitely my favorite of the three. Our heroes were put th through hell (physically and mentally) It made me smile watching them cling to each other as a serial killer stalks them and their family.
And finally the Who Done It is solved and the killer is captured. Caught be the character most would consider the weakest of the bunch. I loved that!!
Th
Arlene Mullen
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Well that was an amazing ending!
So again it picks up where the 2nd book leaves off. Bishan in the hospital and valor heartbroken. Even after bishan comes home, they have no time to relax before the next death comes. After that things pick up. This second death was one that forced more help on these small town. Valor finally comes to a resolution with his family. They finally find out whose behind it all and it's still not over after that.
I think that my favorite part is the end and the gnome war
Suze
Feb 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Definitely to be read as part of the three and they must be read back to back for best benefit as they are more like part 1,2,3.
Val and Bish go through even more trauma - to themselves and those near and dear and those near and not so dear.
Val’s family is portrayed as very cold and odd - are people really that cold and detached? Anyway, the best person inherited.
We span quite a bit of time in this one and it does seem that with a small club of suspects it may have been solved quicker. However, d

• Murder at Pirate's Cove (Secrets and Scrabble, #1)
  • Secret at Skull House (Secrets and Scrabble #2)
  • Quill Me Now (The ABCs of Spellcraft, #1; Bad Valentine, #2)
  • Mack's Perfectly Ghastly Homecoming (Mack's Marvelous Manifestations, #2)
  • Jon's Crazy Head-Boppin' Mystery (Jon's Mysteries, #2)
  • The Monuments Men Murders (The Art of Murder #4)
  • Mainly by Moonlight (Bedknobs and Broomsticks, #1)
  • Slippery Creatures (The Will Darling Adventures #1)
  • Throwing Hearts
  • The Mysterious and Amazing Blue Billings (Black and Blue #1)
  • Jon's Downright Ridiculous Shooting Case (Jon's Mysteries, #1)
  • Ramen Assassin (Ramen Assassin #1)
  • Upside Down
  • Principles of Spookology (The Spectral Files, #2)
  • Jon's Spooky Corpse Conundrum (Jon's Mysteries, #3)
  • Trouble in Taco Town (The ABCs of Spellcraft, #2)
  • Christmas Angel (The Christmas Angel, #1)
  • How to Steal a Thief (Unholy Trifecta #2)
Dahlia Donovan wrote her first romance series after a crazy dream about shifters and damsels in distress. She prefers irreverent humour and unconventional characters. An autistic and occasional hermit, her life wouldn’t be complete without her husband and her massive collection of books and video games.

Grasmere Cottage Mystery (3 books)
  • Dead in the Garden (Grasmere Cottage Mystery #1)
  • Dead in the Pond (Grasmere Cottage Mystery #2)