Start by marking “My Birthday” as Want to Read:
My Birthday

My Birthday

Hurray, it’s Bear’s birthday! But everybody seems to have forgotten. And when Bear goes out to visit his friends, everybody is busy. But when he gets home again, a big surprise awaits him!

A funny birthday book with peep holes and folding pages. For toddlers ages 24 months and up, focusing on the child’s daily life.
Hardcover
Published September 1st 2018 by Clavis Publishing

To ask other readers questions about My Birthday, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Birthday

Start your review of My Birthday
Carla Johnson-Hicks
I read this book to my 2 year old granddaughter and as much as she listened and seemed to enjoy the book, she didn't grasp the idea of what was happening. We also had an ecopy of the book, so there were no flaps or peepholes for us to look at.

The story is cute and the illustrations are very well done. Bear invites all his friends to his party, but nobody shows up. Instead of sitting and whining, he heads out to find them. He is all dressed up with a bow tie, carrying balloons and party hats, but
Etienne
Jul 30, 2018 rated it it was ok
Very poor originality here. A story that have been put in place a million time and even if it isn't bad in itself it's just nothing news, nothing special to make it come out of the lot. ...more
Cassandra
Oct 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is an adorable book about how Bear thinks everyone forgot his birthday until... SURPRISE!

My daughter has been obsessed with birthdays lately so she completely enjoyed this story and had so much fun with the elements on each page.
Literary Redhead
MY BIRTHDAY is such a sweet story about Bear, who tells his friends that it’s his special day but they’re all focused on something else. He thinks he’s been forgotten, but turns out they’ve planned a surprise party for him when he gets home. Fun and very cute illustrations, with peep holes and folding pages, make this a treat for toddlers 24 months and older. 5/5

Pub Date 01 Sep 2018

Thanks to Clavis Publishing and NetGalley for the review copy. Opinions are truly mine.

#MyBirthday #NetGalley
R.A.
Happy Birthday, Bear!! Poor Bear thinks everyone has forgotten his birthday! But have they??! ;) The illustrations were really good!

*I received a copy of this book from its publisher on NetGalley in exchange for my honest review
Storywraps
Aug 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Bear is all dressed up to the nines happily awaiting his guests to come to his birthday celebration. He waits and waits but alas nobody arrives to share this joyous occasion with him. Where could they all be? Did they forget today was the day of his party? Oh my!

Being pro-active Bear takes it upon himself to go seek out his friends and find out what exactly is going on.

Bear visits each of the guests and drops hints to them about why he is wearing a party hat, is all dressed up, is wearing his
Robert Jones
Aug 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: recommendations
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the NetGalley book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Bear has everything he can ask for. A nice home, great friends but when his birthday comes around nobody seems
Lindsi (Do You Dog-ear?)
I received an ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. My thoughts and opinions are my own. Any quotes I use are from an unpublished copy and may not reflect the finished product.

The synopsis is pretty self-explanatory, but I thought My Birthday was a quick and enjoyable read. Bear is all dressed up and ready for his big day, but no one shows up at his house. When he leaves to find his friends, he discovers they're all really busy. In the end, Bear realizes all that hard work was for
Paul Franco
Aug 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
A bear throws himself a birthday party and invites all his friends, only to be disenchanted by the low turnout. He goes out looking for them, only to find them doing other things, then gets a surprise when he arrives home again. Because of some of the things the other animals are playing with or making, it’s easy to see where this is going.
Bear has only one expression: disappointed surprise. He looks that way even before the bad news. I suppose the artwork is fit for a small child, but there wer
Sally Wilsey
Aug 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a really cute book about Bear who is having a birthday party for himself and none of his friends show up. He goes on a mission to all his friends and there are clues along the way on what is really going on for his birthday. This is a story of surprizes, friendship and celebration. The illustrations are cute and very colorful. This is a great book for the beginning reader or ages 2-5. It is an easy read and great for a bedtime story for the younger children as it holds interest.
I receive
DarkRaven Reviews
Aug 06, 2018 rated it liked it
It was okay for what it was but I found that it ended awful abruptly I would've liked to see a proper ending. ...more
Syntha Green
Mar 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Bear thinks everyone has forgotten his birthday, but have they really?
Poongothai
Sep 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: children
Good illustrations. Bear tries to remind his friends that it is his birthday today as it looks like everyone has forgotten it.

Thanks to netgalley and the publisher for the eARC
MasterReader
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children, review-copy
It's Bear's very special day and he really has made an effort: party hats for everyone and he dressed up nicely.
All his friends are invited, but no one shows up.
Did they forget his birthday?

Our Bear decides, maybe it's time for a tiny nudge and goes and visits them one by one, pointing out, it's such a happy day and look he wears a bow tie. But try as he might, even wearing a party hat himself, sure his friends agree, a beautiful day, but they all seem very busy.

Sad Bear walks home, but wait, th
Amanda Ferreira
Feb 21, 2020
Whitley
Jan 28, 2019
Dylan Teut
Sep 15, 2018
Mani
I requested this book from NetGalley for my nephew who is turning 4 soon. He absolutely loved it. He was so excited about it being bears birthday. He even started planning what he wants for his birthday.

My opinion, it was a nice book easy to read, with nice illustrations but the book ends so suddenly. All of bears friends shout surprise and that’s the end. Would have been nice for it to end with bears reaction and him thanking his friends. Also I did find a few errors in the writing but I can’t
Ryan
Nov 13, 2018 rated it it was ok
Ummmmm. Nope. It’s Bear’s birthday and no one show up for his party. He goes and seeks out his friends and they all had something else to do. So bear goes back home and there are his friends with a birthday surprise. Nope. Redo the beginning. Its sad that bear throws a party and no one comes. It is like they are saying his party is not good enough and they can throw a better one. Nope. Don’t like this book.
Sandra
Sep 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
My Birthday is a lovely and fun book about Bear who is waiting for his friends to come to his birthday party.

As no one shows up he goes for a walk to see what is going on. All of his friends pretend that they have forgotten about it only to surprise him.
Beautifully illustrated with many forest animals mentioned it is a treat for young readers.
I especially liked how all friends worked together to surprise Bear and how good they were at keeping it a secret.
Aug 12, 2018

• Little Hoo Goes to School
  • Little White Fish
  • Worry Says What?
  • The Cow Said Neigh!: A Farm Story
  • Origami 101: Master Basic Skills and Techniques Easily through Step-by-Step Instruction
  • This Is a Whoopsie!
  • Good Night, Kitty Kitty!
  • Sloppy Takes the Plunge
  • Riley Knows He Can
  • Discover Nests
  • The Tiger's Egg
  • Argyle Fox
  • Gwen the Rescue Hen
  • A Page in the Wind
  • Is a Worry Worrying You?