Start by marking “La Sociedad de los Dragones de Té” as Want to Read:
La Sociedad de los Dragones de Té

La Sociedad de los Dragones de Té

4.40  ·  Rating details ·  4,388 ratings  ·  1,285 reviews
De la galardonada autora de Princess Princess Ever After llega La Sociedad de los Dragones de Té, un libro cautivador para todas las edades que narra la historia de Greta, aprendiz de herrero, y de la gente que conoce a medida que su mundo se entrelaza con el fascinante mundo de los dragones de té.

Tras rescatar a un dragón del té perdido en el mercado, Greta descubre el ol
Hardcover, 1, 80 pages
Published September 2018 by Ediciones La Cúpula (first published October 18th 2017)

·  4,388 ratings  ·  1,285 reviews

Melanie

Friends, this was the literally cutest and most heartwarming book I’ve read all year. Also, the art in this book is probably my favorite art style of all time. I recommend this with my entire heart and soul.

This story is broken down into five parts; one for each season and then an epilogue. And during Spring, an apprentice blacksmith, Greta (who is getting trained by her mother),
April (Aprilius Maximus)
hello this is the best little book in the whole entire universe can i please have 20 more books set in this world plz
Lola
Nov 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars.

One word: marvelous.

I can’t think of a single reason why you should not read this cute graphic novel. Actually, I can only think of reasons why you should, because it’s that adorable and wondrous.

It’s about Greta, a little girl who finds a dragon in need of help. She later discovers it’s a tea dragon and learns more about them as well as the art of making tea itself.

Dragons! They are so little and charming I want one myself. Granted, they do not play that grand of a role, seeing that
destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]
This is literally one of the best graphic novels I've ever read in my life. I can't even begin to express how much I cherished these precious characters, the sweet dragon babies, and the incredible range of representation. We have normalized QPOC rep all over the place (I mean, I'm not sure if anyone here is cishet and I'm so here for it), disability rep that is so beautifully done it made me cry, and I just loved the entire story endlessly. I know I'll be recommending this to anyone and everyon ...more
Whitney Atkinson

I loved this!! So gorgeous and sweet, can't wait to own my own copy :)
Calista
This is a cute Middle grade graphic novel about Tea Dragons. Tea Dragons are small counterparts to full size dragons and they can't take care of themselves. They also grow tea leaves out of their heads like Chamomile or Ginseng, etc. These leaves are special and magic.

The art is lovely and a little like anime. The story is good and simple. I wanted more development. I did enjoy this little read.

I would like to see more of this world.
Sam Quixote
A fantasy world where tea leaves grow on tiny dragons and kids pootle around. No, I don’t see a story there either!!

Just because a book is aimed at youngsters, doesn’t mean it should get away with being boring and inane. Honestly: NOTHING happens in The Tea Dragon Society! A couple kids become friends, a pair of adults relate how they met and everyone sits about drinking tea.

What was the point of this book – “love is nice”?! There’s some half-hearted piffle towards the end about sort of pickin
David Schaafsma
7/21/18 update: The Tea Dragon Society is the winner of the 2018 Eisner Award for Best Publication for kids 9-12! Yay, Katie O'Neill!

12/14/17: I admit I have not yet read Princess Princess Ever After, also from Katie O’Neill (I know! Where was I when the fairy dust was handed out?!). But I am on the bandwagon at last, following the story of blacksmith apprentice Greta in the world of tea dragons (What do you mean you don’t know what a tea dragon is?!). Well, you like tea parties, right?! And you
Romie
THAT WAS SO CUTE OMG I LOVE IT SO MUCH!

Yes, I do realise I can't just say that and leave you.

This story is mostly about taking the time to remember the old ways, remembering them and honouring them because they deserve the recognition.
It's also about letting go of the past because sometimes trying to hold on to it is hurting you, and you don't deserve the pain, you deserve new and happy memories with people who love you deeply.
It's about finding your people, feeling at home with them and not car
may ➹
gay webcomic #3 of the day can you believe I’m really out here destroying my goodreads challenge
Jane (It'sJaneLindsey)
My heart is SO FULL.
Fafa's Book Corner
GR Ultimate Summer Reading Challenge: One and Done.
[Shai] Bibliophage
Reading this book made me want to have my own tea dragon! I love this book so much from the story up to how beautifully drawn the illustrations were! Even though the story is short, readers will definitely enjoy the drawings and yes, even those tea dragons!
Alison
Apr 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG I LOVED THIS SO MUCH
My only complaint is that it wasn't long enough!
The illustrations are some of the most beautiful I have ever seen and it is a lovely story on top of that.
It is about friendship and love across ages, genders, and statuses. It deals with having responsibility and carrying on traditions. I especially loved the dragon descriptions at the end! I just want one so bad.
Cam (abookeater)
A copy was provided by the publisher through Netgalley in exchange for an honest review

I was so glad to see this on the Read Now section because I'd seen it around on Good reads and it looked perfect for me. I was not wrong.

This short graphic novel is magical, soothing and beautiful. I loved the diversity of the characters in terms of skin color, disabilities and sexual orientations. Everything was so subtle yet wonderful; I felt immediately at peace while reading it. It's unlike anything I've e
Danika at The Lesbrary
This is so beautiful and soothing. Every page is intricately laid out, with tons of little detailing. I would be happy to have any spread in this framed and hung on my wall.
Amina
Aug 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This graphic novel is about the importance of keeping traditions in a fast changing world.

Greta, a little girl learning the art of blacksmithing finds a little lost tea dragon, as she took him back to his owner, she discovers a new traditionnal art and a new culture and of course, she develops new friendships with wonderful people.

The illustrations were amazing, very colourful and very alive, and of course, the best one are the tea dragons (they will make you squeak !)

description
CW (The Quiet Pond) ✨
I adored this so, so, so much.
This book reminded me that life and the world can be filled with wonder, love, hope, and goodness. I felt so at peace reading this.
The illustrations were gorgeous and beautiful, and the story, though simple, was lovely. This was so so wholesome, gorgeous, and lovely.
Dani - Perspective of a Writer
Check out more manga and graphic novel reviews @ Perspective of a Writer...

In the enchanting world of The Tea Dragon Society, Greta, a blacksmith apprentice, rescues a tea dragon and learns about the dying art form of tea dragon care. Seeing her interest kind tea shop owners, Hesekiel and Erik introduce her to their craft and through her friendship with their ward Minette she learns how worthwhile it is to her own life.

Oh the illustrations!! TO. DIE. FOR!! Incredible, really... They totally brou
E.
5🌟

It's so warm, warm, WARM!!!

Warm tea. Warm colours. Warm gay grandpas. Warm cute little girls. Warm memories. Warm dragons.

What else to want from a story??

Read here
❈ laura ❈

✰✰✰✰

This story revolves around Greta, a blacksmith apprentice, when she discovers a lost tea dragon. She returns it to her owner and she learns about the art form of tea dragon, while she befriends him, his partner and Minette, a shy girl with a past.

I think after reading this that Katie O'Neill is one of my favorite graphic novelist right know, her stories are so pure and soft and
Melanie
The Tea Dragon Society is an absolutely stunning graphic novel and now I really want my own tea dragon!

The illustrations in this graphic novel are incredibly beautiful. Everything is so colorful and the artist really gave life to these characters. There are several different species in this story and all of them were absolutely stunning. The best illustrations are definitely the tea dragons, which are so adorable I was squealing in delight and raving about how much I wanted one as I read this.

Th
Chelsea
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Omg this is the cutest thing ever.
Madalyn (Novel Ink)
This is the actual cutest book to ever exist.
Shari (colourmeread)
Oh, this was the CUTEST BOOK EVER. Sometimes you just have to review with a .gif so here's one that captures how I felt while reading:

I basically didn't know what to expect from this, but after seeing some of the art from the book, I had to read it!

I love dragons. And tea. So baby dragons AND tea just...

As if the art and the dragons weren't enough, it also comes with a heartwarming story. At its core O'Neill writes about two arts that are no longer appreciated by society - blacksmithing and cari
Lexie
Jun 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bea2017
I want a tea dragon. Can I have a tea dragon? THRY ARE MY NEW FAVORITE KIND OF DRAGON.

----

Hands down one of the cutest, most heart warming graphic novels I've read this year. I greatly enjoyed PRINCESS PRINCESS EVER AFTER and looked forward to this next title that involved two of my favorite things in the whole world: Dragons and Tea.

And like with PRINCESS at the core of this graphic novel is the notion that family, love and friendship comes in all sorts of ways when you least expect it. In PRIN
Leona  Carstairs
I LOVE THIS ONE EVEN MORE THAN PRINCESS PRINCESS 💕💖
Amy Leigh
Aug 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
There is so much beauty in this book. It made me want a tea dragon of my own! I love the dragon index and care instructions on the back. A story of how kindness freely given returns a bigger kindness. I do hope there will be more Tea Dragon Society books!
Hazel (Stay Bookish)
I OFFICIALLY WANT MY OWN TEA DRAGON. Preferably Jasmine, Peppermint or Chamomile. HOLY CUTE!!!!! THIS BOOK IS SO ADORBS.
The Captain
Ahoy there me mateys! So along with me love of the sea, I also have a fierce love of dragons. This be graphic novel. I never read a graphic novel before as I am not a visual person and wasn’t sure if the medium would work for me. But the cute cover and subject matter kept luring me back to looking at this one. Then I read this post by milliebot @ milliebotreads. She does an awesome series where she does, in fact, judge books by their cover and showcases some of the stunning books that she owns. ...more
Goodreads Librari...: Cover for this book please 1 7 Feb 21, 2019 11:37AM
  • Space Battle Lunchtime Vol. 1: Lights, Camera, Snacktion
  • Bolivar
  • The Sand Warrior (5 Worlds, #1)
  • The Stone Heart (The Nameless City, #2)
  • The Hidden Witch (The Witch Boy #2)
  • The Cardboard Kingdom
  • Goldie Vance Vol. 1
  • Taproot
  • Hilda and the Black Hound (Hilda, #4)
  • Narwhal: Unicorn of the Sea  (A Narwhal and Jelly Book #1)
  • The Backstagers, Vol. 1
  • All's Faire in Middle School
  • Sanity & Tallulah
  • Heathen Volume 1 (Heathen, Volume #1)
  • Where's Halmoni?
  • As the Crow Flies
  • Help Us! Great Warrior
  • The Creepy Case Files of Margo Maloo
Katie O'Neill is an illustrator and graphic novelist from New Zealand. She is the author of Princess Princess Ever After, The Tea Dragon Society, and Aquicorn Cove, all from Oni Press. She mostly makes gentle fantasy stories for younger readers, and is very interested in tea, creatures, things that grow, and the magic of everyday life.
“Memories don't just live inside you, Minette. They live in all the people and objects you share your life with.” 4 likes