Start by marking “Soulfire (Nightwing, #1)” as Want to Read:
Soulfire (Nightwing, #1)

Soulfire

(Nightwing #1)

Tensions are rising in the Gladium Province. The boundary between humans and Morgons has begun to blur. While the human aristocracy strives to maintain distance between their daughters and the dragon-hybrid race, fate has other plans.

Published September 10th 2018 (first published October 20th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Soulfire, please sign up.
Juliette Cross The Nightwing novellas introduce the reader to the Morgon world through the love stories of three best friends. The events take place approximately 5…moreThe Nightwing novellas introduce the reader to the Morgon world through the love stories of three best friends. The events take place approximately 5 years before the Vale of Stars. And while they add more backstory to the Morgon world and history, it isn't necessary to read before you begin Vale of Stars. (less)

Start your review of Soulfire (Nightwing, #1)
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
This was a re-read of Soulfire. Juliette Cross is re-releasing the series with a few additions to the original version. It’s been four years since I originally read this and to be honest, it felt like I was reading it for the first time. I might even love it more than I did. Not only has Juliette added content to the original story, she has also added a little extra at the end, something you aren’t going to want to miss. I don’t want to change anything of my original review because those were my ...more
Nicola
Sep 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
(This review covers all three books in the Nightwing series and with no spoilers.)

Juliette Cross brings us three rather tasty treats in her Nightwing series and as soon as I’d finished Soulfire, I had an inkling we’d be in for quite the ride

description

In a world where dragons are human hybrids, living and working alongside the humans, tensions are fraught and that’s largely down to the prejudice they face. But when best friends Jessen, Sorcha and Ella meet Lucius, Lorian and Paxon Nightwing, the well-told
Robin (Bridge Four)
Free on Amazon January 5, 2015

I’m a big fan of UF/PNR with erotic tendencies. When there is the added component of *sexy times* I’m all over it. The great thing about this first installment of the NIghtwing series is that it is not very long. There is just enough to give you a glimpse of this world and a taste of the culture and the idea of the series without committing to 300+ pages. Everything in this novel is self-contained so if you love it great there
Aisling Zena
4 stars

Dragons, baby!!
description

Dragon descendants that might not shift into dragons but are hot as hell men with wings and breathe fire! Unlike the book -that shall not be named- with mermen without tails.

Give me more!! The whole series currently less than 0.99p each on amazon!
Juliette Cross
Feb 15, 2014 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Rerelease coming September 10, 2018. Revised & updated with multiple new scenes.

Anyone reading on Radish? Totally cool serialized fiction app and I've got the updated SOULFIRE up to read for FREE over there. Episodes of the updated versions of WINDBURN and NIGHTBLOOM are releasing weekly now before their rerelease in October. Check it out.

Claire Robinson
May 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: shit-hot-series
5 - "Beware of Morgon men." Stars!

I'll say! The first book in the Nightwing series, introduced me to another permanent addition to the Book-boyfriend folder.

A man with wings, and fire, and all the alpha tendencies that make for slightly addictive reading tendencies, well it does for me anyway, but I am an unashamed PNR junkie.

My beast recognized her as his, wanted her now, yesterday, tomorrow. And always...

Absolutely outstanding, read it in one sitting, couldn't put it down. Beautifully
Carvanz
I love dragons! And Lucius was the most perfect dragon!

Jessen’s family life is restrictive to say the least. Sneaking out for a night on the wrong side of town, she finds herself caught in the middle of a confrontation between humans and dragons. When a dark dragon removes her from any danger and then promptly flies her home, she knows that she will feel the wrath of her family. With a quick change in plans she soon finds herself alone with Lucius Nightwing. Despite all she has been raised to
Alp
Absolutely fantastic!

This book went above and beyond my expectations! Generally the stories about dragons have never been on my radar but after finishing this one, Lucius Nightwing changed my whole perspective.

This is the story of Lucius Nightwing, the eldest son of the most powerful Morgon (half human, half dragon) clan, and Jessen Cade, the daughter of the most affluent human family. Jessen’s father hated the Morgons like poison, so this is where the story begins—a forbidden love between two
Sylvia
Riveting
Fantastical
Sensual
Passionate
Enigmatic
Romantic

These are just some of the descriptive words that come to mind when I think of Soulfire by the amazing Juliette Cross.

I quickly found myself falling into this imaginative world of where humans and dragon-hybrids, called Morgons, co-exist, teetering on tensions fuelled by indifference and hate. Yet, against all protocol and proprieties, one young woman, Jessen Cade, challenges it all. Defying years of servitude and boundaries forced upon her
Tanja ~ T's Book ~ KT Book Reviews
Soulfire is my first read by author Juliette Cross. My first impression is that she reminds me a bit of an early Nalini Singh. The storyline and the premise are really good. The characters are well defined and you really are immersed in their world right away.

I am in love with the idea of Lucius Nightwing. He can fly me to the moon and back. Lucius is protective of this human Jessen and is trying to stop the pull he feels toward her. His species really has no control when his mate is decided,
Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)
Oct. 2018: Soulfire has been re-released. I love the new cover. I also love the addition the author adds on when Lucius tells Jessen about the human princess and the Dragon King. The addition and when it was told where great. I had a fabulous time re-reading and enjoyed the story all over again. No changes to my thoughts on the first time reading, just have to say the small addition was nice and added to the story.

~ 4 Soulfire Stars ~

Soulfire is book one in the Nightwing series by Juliette
Talltree
Jun 10, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: genre-pnr-uf
Sexy n enjoyable PNR novella.

The worldbuilding about dragons and humans is interesting yet never overpowering. The H takes a while to get that the h is his mate but once he does he is gentle, adoring but also passionate and possessive as hell. The sexual chemistry between H/h was really sparking off the pages!! I liked the h too, she was feisty but also smart and loving. Safe romance.

4.25 stars!!
Kahea
Updated rating: ***5 Stars***

Soulfire was the first book I ever read by the author and the one that turned me all kinds of fangirl because I not only got caught up in the HEA of the characters, but fell in love with the world in which they lived. So, when it was announced that she got the rights back for the book and was going to be doing a little tweaking of the book before re-issuing it, I was both excited and anxious. Excited because I was thrilled for the author and was looking forward to
Jennifer Hines
Oct 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*I received an ARC of this book free from NetGalley on behalf of Kensington Books in exchange for an honest review*

The Morgon are half human half dragon and they are all that’s left of their dragon ancestors. Most humans have great prejudice towards them and although they’ll do business with them, they do not want their daughters anywhere near them.

Jessen Cade’s father is a corporate mogul and in order to keep control of his empire he has her future planned out…right down to marrying her off to
Lydia
Dec 12, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nightwing
"Jessen, if you don't know it by now, my heart is already yours." - Lucius Nightwing

If someone had told me that it IS possible to have a good, complete story in only a bit more than 100 pages, with no prequel of said story anywhere to grab on, I would have laughed. Loudly. While holding my stomach and rolling on the floor.

Now this doesn't mean I haven't read such books before. I have, but they usually come from authors I have tried before. However, Juliette Cross managed to prove she CAN do it!
Barbara➰
Nov 20, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: shifter
This was a quick PNR read. I liked the world it was set in and the concept of the soulfire and bondmates. Lucius was hot! I loved how he couldn't get Jess out of his mind and dealt with his frustration through painting. Jess was strong heroine and I was glad she finally stood up to her family.

Safety gang (view spoiler)
Sabine Priestley
As readers we all differ in what we are looking for in a book. Different genres, different heat levels, different voice. What we don’t differ in, is what we’re looking for when we give our time to a new book. We want magic and this book delivered ten fold. It’s literally been years since a book swept me up so completely. I fell for Lucius Nightwing and Jessen both. Juliette has created a world I want to go back to again and again. Juliette’s prose is beautiful and her descriptions divine. Yeah, ...more
Timitra
Sep 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Rated 4.5 Stars

I adored Soulfire. It's forbidden, inter-species goodness wrapped in one story. I loved the chemistry between them and the fact that they defied traditions to be with one another. I'm looking forward to reading the next book in the series not only because I'm excited to see what happens with this new couple but also to see the fallout from Jessen and Lucius' unconventional union.

ARC provided by author in exchange for a honest review
Kelly
First time read from Author Juliette Cross and I was NOT disappointed! Really enjoyed this story. Classical Romeo and Juilet theme, the forbidden love scenario (without the dyeing of course). Story follows Jessen (a Human) and Lucius (from the Morgon race aka dragon people). Its was HOT. Really liked the Authors writing style.
Sheri
Aug 29, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
Dragon hybrid? Yes, please! Anyone who knows me knows that I love anything dragons, shifters, Hades, or any combination thereof. I'm sure that's not an exhaustive list, but it's good for the time being. Soulfire, the first book in the Nightwing series, is the story of Jessen and Lucius. Lucius, beautiful, sexy Lucius, being a dragon hybrid. How fabulous is that?

Jessen, human, is the kind of female role I love. She is spirited and lively. Seen more as a commodity than as a daughter to her
Lanie (Lanies Book Thoughts)
Soulfire is a different take on dragon shifters, instead of men turning into a giant dragon these guys are hybrids. They're really hot dudes with wings and incredible strength. It also covers an interesting aspect of society which is the segregation between humans and what are called Morgans, these two "species" if you will, only interact when necessary. Each species seems to keep to their own kind, specially when it comes to relationships.

Humans view Morgans as monsters, while Morgans view
Rhenna Morgan
Sep 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm a bit of an OCD gal, so I was kind of worried I'd throw myself for a loop with the Nightwing series since I read the last book (book 3) first. I enjoyed it immensely, so I backed up and bought books 1 and 2 (Soulfire and Windburn) as soon as I was done. I wasn't disappointed. I read both books in one night--much to the disgruntlement of my family who freaks out when I check out of reality with a good book.

Everything about this series is fantastic. It's creative. The romance is
Suzanne
Sep 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this introduction to the Nightwing world. It's a fast paced read with lots of secondary characters that I can’t wait to read more about. There was over the top chemistry between the main characters which makes sense when we find out they were destined to be mates and share Soulfire.

In this world, dragons are human hybrids, living and working alongside humans but they face constant segregation and prejudice that they are trying to overcome. When Jessen Cade and Lucius Nightwing
Jessica Frances
Oct 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow, what an exciting read which I loved! I enjoyed both Lucius and Jessen, the chemistry they had together and the forbidden love aspect is what made the book so exciting to me. Lucius was the perfect amount of protective and alpha, and Jessen didn't feel like to me just a damsel in distress needing to be saved.

The secondary characters were also interesting, without taking anything away from our two leads. I hope for more books in the future on these characters.

I loved the world that was
Claudia
3,5 stars for the first book of this series

this book introduces us to a real interesting world. I liked the world building immensely even, if there could have even been more information on it
I also liked the characters and how they found themselves drawn to each other but I was disappointed with the last quarter of the book ... this could have been really good, but the ending was so rushed that I felt cheated

hope the next book let us enjoy the couple a bit more and gives us also in the last
ZARIA (Sheldon Cooper lover)

Another new great series I discovered. This book is the first of the Nightwing series,and it does a good job of putting down a setting as well as characters. I LOVE DRAGONS!!! When I imagine a shape shifting dragon man all I can say is it gets hot in the room. This book was amazing. I love books with a strong heroine who figures out exactly what she wants and isn't afraid to go for it. Add to that the mystique of dragons, a bit of treachery, a dash of deceit and the search for true love and you
Radiant
Nov 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

As the daughter of the corporate king, Jessen Cade is duty-bound to honor her arranged marriage to a man she detests. Feeling trapped by family duty and a loveless future, she longs for more, straying to the Morgon side of the city.

Loved it.
Naomi 🐨
Jan 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a romantic story - I absolutely loved it :) I also just discovered that book 2 releases in 2 days - yipeeeeeee! Who ever knew that dragon hybrids could be so sexy? Many thanks to Carol for her recommendation!!
Julie Reece
Mar 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful, original, and romantic.
Somia
Apr 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 STARS

Human Jessen Cade has been born into prestige and wealth, but the life she leads is through a gilded cage, her choices constrained in ways those outside her life do not see – she is no princess living a fairy-tale. Thus, despite being an adult she finds herself sneaking out of her apartment to have some fun with friends, since her father has a ‘guard’ keeping an eye on her, apparently for her protection. This time she is sneaking out to attend a club where Morgons and humans mix, a club
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Dead of Night (Thorne Hill, #1)
  • A Pack of Vows and Tears (The Boulder Wolves, #2)
  • Kingdom of Exiles (The Beast Charmer, #1)
  • Dark of Night (Thorne Hill, #2)
  • A Pack of Love and Hate (The Boulder Wolves, #3)
  • Dark King (Court of the Sea Fae, #1)
  • Scales and Skeletons (Trixie Towers, #2)
  • SSS: Year One (Supernatural Spy School, #1)
  • Wicked Games (University of Morgana: Academy of Enchantments and Witchcraft #2)
  • Something Wicked (University of Morgana: Academy of Enchantments and Witchcraft #1)
  • Written (The Librarian's Coven #1)
  • Kissed by Wildfire (The Cimmerian Cage, #1)
  • Fortune Academy: Year One (Fortune Academy #1)
  • Call of Night (Thorne Hill, #3)
  • Ill Will (Bonds of Blood, #1)
  • Shadow Caster (The Nightwatch Academy #1)
  • The Boss (Fire's Edge, #1)
  • Seas of Crimson Silk (Burning Empire, #1)
JULIETTE is a multi-published author of paranormal and fantasy romance & the co-host of the podcast, Smart Women Read Romance. She is represented by Rachel Brooks at BookEnds Literary Agency. She is a native of Louisiana, living in the heart of Cajun land with her husband, four kids, black lab named Kona, and kitty, Betty. When she isn’t working on her next project, she enjoys binge-watching ...more

Nightwing (3 books)
  • Windburn (Nightwing, #2)
  • Nightbloom (Nightwing, #3)
“Never stray from your own kind, Jessen,” my mother would say, “or you could end up like Princess Morga, a slave and outcast to be abhorred.”

The problem was, I’d never been a very obedient daughter. Never the one to do exactly as I was told. And fairy tales have no meaning when the stars align and Fortune spins her wheel, weaving her own story for your heart.”
4 likes
“And fairy tales have no meaning when the stars align and Fortune spins her wheel, weaving her own story for your heart.” 1 likes