Start by marking “Dark Child” as Want to Read:
Dark Child

Dark Child

4.51  ·  Rating details ·  191 Ratings  ·  92 Reviews
NOT EVERY SCAR IS VISIBLE…

What do you do when the girl you want can’t even remember your name?
This pretty, long-legged, fiery girl who makes me weak in the knees. Of all the chicks who flirt with me, hang around me, I could have my pick but no… I want psycho girl.
One day she ignores my existence, and the next she smiles and talks to me as if she knows me, as if she wants m
Published October 2018

To ask other readers questions about Dark Child, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dark Child

Cassie May
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It’s not a secret that I love Jo Raven’s books. It’s also not a secret that my all time favorite of her bad boys is Zane. Well, Merc almost pushed him from first place. Almost.
That alone should tell you, how much I adored this book and how deeply it affected me.
Merc and Cosima had that bond. THE bond that makes you believe in true love and fairytales again, even though the world is a dark and dangerous place. And wow, how dark was Merc’s world? Huh? I almost, almost feared that he wouldn’t be
Konny
Sep 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Dark Child by Jo Raven is a intense read, raw and gritty. This is Mercury's book.
Mercury Watson comes from a tight knit family. His older sister Octavia is married to Matt from Bad Wolf. His twin sister Gigi is happy with hjer boyfriend Jarett. And his mother found a new love too.
Mercury's life was never an easy one. He's a young man with a lot of issues and haunted by demons and nightmares - has a few hang - ups. They all grew up poor.
, but now he's up to college and there he meets Her, psycho
Toya
Sep 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Mercury has been a book I’ve been waiting for. I love that on the outside he seems like someone who has all he’s ever needed. But deep down he is like everyone else. I love how tight his family is. They are always there no matter what. Cos seems to be a shy loner type girl. I can’t imagine doing all she does for her sister. I love how her and merc seem to understand each other even if they are scared to say it out loud. I am really interested in JC now tho. He is an awesome roommate but it seems ...more
Lisa
Sep 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I just found this story so INTERESTING! First of all, Merc- who would have guessed how tortured this boy was? I love how he calls the object of his affection psycho girl, and the way that plays out amuses me. I was so captivated by everyone's dreams, how they are connected. I love his family and how they are so there for one another. I love how they've grown, and I don't recommend reading this on it's own. I mean you could, but to get the full experience you should read Caveman and Bad Wolf. As ...more
Lofty
Sep 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Merc has seen Sophie around college and is captivated by her but she barely seems to remember him at times calling her the Ghost girl. However Cosima is Sophie’s twin & helping her as she can’t be in two places & it’s a harmless thing twins do! A story of past childhood events which leave you hurting for those involved. I loved the characters in this book & the family coming together.
I liked the introduction of Jc his room mate & cant wait to find out his story.
More to look for
Cali Gals
Sep 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Wow! What an intense read! You always need to be prepared for angst with the right amount of spicy from this author. Our two main characters, Merc and Cos have a CRAZY start, full of miscommunication. The intrigue continues with the questions of suspected childhood trauma to this story. Yes your heart will wind up hurting for someone. I want to say more but this is a spoiler free review (eek). Paying close attention to the details is required due to all the characters and their relationship to o ...more
Christine~justlovemybooks.com blog~
5 Stars...

So anyone who reads my reviews probably knows how much I love this author. I have been a devoted fan since she released her first book, Asher. Every single one of her books gives me heart palpitations. Jo Raven is amazing at writing books where boundaries are always crossed, hearts are torn to shreds and life is not pleasant. Her characters, specifically her heroes, are broken, emotionally and sometimes physically tortured. They have strong physical attributes but their hearts are heav
AC Squared Book Blog
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED THIS BOOK SO HARD! I love this series so much, but this one was even better. This story definitely was different than the others. Yes, it was still a love story, but it was darker and deeper. Just dark enough to really captivate me! I loved Merc throughout this whole series and I couldn't wait to finally see more of him.

I really adored everything about Merc and Cosima. I loved how they met and how they began their relationship, it was so admirable! She just seemed so perfect for him and
Rebecca Abrook
Sep 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Mercury Watson... Has Jo tortured a boy like this before... Has a boy found such a perfectly matched girl for him as Merc & Cos... I love Jo's books, I love Jo's book boys and I love their girls, but this one has something different. I can't decide if it's Merc's vulnerability, or Cos's vulnerability, or maybe it's just that the supporting characters are so familiar it's like meeting up with some old friends again. Whatever it is, this book is something special.
If you've not read Caveman, Ma
Lainey Da Silva PA
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
ANGST. HEARTBREAK. MYSTERY. LOVE. FAMILY. These are words I think of when I try to explain what I felt reading Merc’s story DARK CHILD.

Merc is trapped within his mind not knowing how to process what he has witnessed as a child. His mind has blocked him from the trauma but expresses itself every night in the form of the same re accruing nightmare over and over day after day....

Cosima (cos for short) is a twin to her sister Sophie and believes she is the dark version of her sister, the one that is
Bel
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have been waiting for Merc's book and boy was it worth the wait! Beautiful Mercury Watson, youngest brother to Octavia and Gigi from the outside looks like he has a great life. Beautiful family, good place to live, but on the inside he struggles daily, plagued by nightmares he no longer recalls that could be either a dream or memories. Then there is psycho girl, who he has aptly named for her mood swings. He wants her, but keeps running hot and cold whenever he runs into her on campus, what's ...more
Ramona
Sep 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Such a beautiful story for Mercury Watson - Jo Raven doesn't disappoint. In the previous books where he was mentioned he was a happy go lucky guy (ManCave, BadWolf, CaveMan). Now reading how powerful his story is just floored me. With the help of his loving family and his new love, he will be able to finally face the demons that haunt his sleep. I'm not going to go into to much detail because being the spoiler is not what I want to do. This book is so readable and wonderful.
Keisha Cook
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book drags you in and holds you hostage till the very end. Jo is well known for torturing her bad boys, but what happens when she tortures a good boy? The story gets even better! I couldn't put this down and enjoyed everything about it. The family dynamics to the soul wrenching horrors that laid in his wake. Of there is one book you read before the year is up, make it this one. You wont be dissapointed!
FULVIA BELLINATO
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Deeply emotional, this story hooks you from the start. The characters break your heart with their insecurities and you immediately feel for them.
Once again Jo Raven gives us a tale full of raw emotions, deep feelings , pure love and the knowledge that, despite everything, you can’t kill hope and happiness is just a breath away.
Amanda Campbell
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow. I was very excited to hear Merc was gonna get his own story. And Jo did not disappoint. This story was incredible. I could not guess the twists that came along. And loved the involvement of his whole family. I love how much Merc helps Cosima and how she helps Merc as much in his own troubles. Their bond and connection is so strong and beautiful. This book is definitely worth reading and makes me do excited to read the next book about people you meet in this book.
Gina Burkart
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
this is a very intenst read that has lots of dark twists that are very raw and gritty. this story will take you on a ride that will have you hooked from the start.
Stacy Jo
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Holy mother of Joseph! This this was an amazing read! I mean I love all the books in this series and all the rest she’s written but Merc is just wow! And now I’m all panting over what comes next with the characters she’s introduced here! Amazing bravo standing O!
Lisa Anderson
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am never disappointed by a Jo Raven book! This book got me from the start, with the cover! Holy Hotness! The storyline is fantastic and I love the Characters. Merc isn't as dark as some of Jo's previous male characters but he is a great guy. Hot, sexy and just a little bit damaged. I would love to see him pop up in further books. I loved Cosima, she is such a sweetheart and in my opinion the perfect girl for Merc. I don't want to give away any more spoilers etc so all I will say is this is ano ...more
Catherine Bibby (Rochelle's Reviews)
I received a copy and voluntarily left a review and all opinions are my own.

I always know when I open one of Jo Raven's books that I am sure to receive a tattooed and troubled young man who is struggling to breathe through emotional chaos and is about to find the love of his life while walking amongst his nightmares. What I didn't expect was the amount of mystery that Jo Raven was going to deliver along with her signature steamy, heart pounding romance. Her characters Merc and Cosima kept me ta
Zara Lorimer
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love this book I fell soo much in love with Merc!
So Merc has been staying with Gigi and has decided to get his own place, he finds an apartment with good rates sharing with the mysterious JC (can not wait for his story) anyway Merc is till going to college and still hung up on Sophie the girl who runs hot and cold on him.
One day his luck turns and she finally speaks to him, Merc asks her out for coffee and they really hit it of they both want more. But its not all as straight forward for them as
Ann  Goubert (Driven by Books)
Oct 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
*Sometimes memories are scars that we've hidden far away in our subconscience"...

I don't really know how to start this review. It had everything you want in a story that keeps you on your toes but it just took me a while to get into the story and really figure out where it was going but somewhere it picked up and it kept me on the edge of my seat...

Cosima doesn't really know what to do with her life and keeps going back and forth to help her twin sister out at school and work but when she meets
Kimberly Givan
Sep 30, 2018 rated it liked it
4 stars for Merc; 2 for Cosima
I seem to be in the minority when it comes to liking Cosima. I just couldn’t warm up to her, she was so completely erratic, almost bi-polar. At the very beginning she is odd with her obsession with Merc, especially with how sex obsessed she is with him. Not that that behavior ever went away, it was just more odd when they didn’t know each other.
The sister, how on earth had the girl not been kicked out of college, and evicted from her apartment. Even with Cosima fil
Jennifer  Kress
Shelves: favorites
I'm not even sure where to start. All of Jo Raven's books are great. Some are even better than great, some are EPIC! Dark Child is one of the EPIC ones. I had a hard time putting this one down. Merc/Mercury is yumminess intact. You've met him before in Caveman, he's Octavia's little brother. Yes, THAT Merc. I've wondered since then what his story was gonna be like. What were his nightmares caused by. What WAS he hiding? Or did he even know? And yes this is the part where you keep reading cause y ...more
Stacie Stroup
Dark Child!! 5⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jo Raven will pull you into a story so quickly that you won’t know what happened. Merc has always seemed so happy go lucky but at night he’s anything but. He becomes trapped in nightmares so real that he doesn’t want to go to bed at night. He then meets a girl Cosima that helps to quiet his demons. This story is hot, intriguing and suspenseful. I can’t wait to find out more about the other characters in this book as well. Pick up this book... you won’t be disappointed!!!
Wendy Livingstone
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Merc is the brother of Gigi and Octavia from previous novels, and he is haunted by nightmares from his childhood. Cosima is a twin, and she occasionally stands in for her sister Sophie in her classes. No spoilers; this is a definite must read, you will not be disappointed! This is a beautifully written story from this extremely talented author, and is filled with angst, emotion, heartbreak, mystery, family, and love. I was totally captivated throughout this addictive page turner, and I cannot hi ...more
Gladys
Sep 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is an intense read. With a storyline that is raw, gripping and completely engaging, Mercury and Cosima's romance will send your emotions on a roller coaster ride. Both these characters will touch your heart. Their backstories are full of pain and heartache. I loved them together. This is a book that is fun and steamy but also dark and emotional. Simply put, it is perfection. This is my voluntary and completely truthful review.
Michelle
Sep 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
ARC REVIEWED

Another gripping storyline from Jo Raven.

Dark Child is Mercury's & Cosima's story aka DreamBoy & CosieCat oh and a cute kitty, Hiccup.

The twists start right from the beginning when Cos seems to acknowledge Merc one day and totally blank him the next day, this gets answered early into the story, we then see the love build up, the romance and the HAF sex scenes.

However, Merc is suffering flashbacks and nightmares from his childhood but with the help, support and love of his fa
Dianne
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another fantastic read by Jo Raven! Loved it!
Elaine
Sep 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jo Raven has put out another fabulous book!!
It is beautifully written, all the emotions you'll ever want and need in a book!
Merc has been having dreams since he was a child but are these dreams real or they just dreams? Along comes Cosima but is she who she is or is there something that nobody knows about her?
To find out you really need to read this book!
Stephanie
Sep 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jooooo! I have no idea where to start, Marc always intrigued me throughout all of the other books. His story was amazing and now I AM DYING for all of the spinoff stories. Write faster, woman!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Be the first to get your hands on Jo Raven’s new releases & offers, giveaways, previews, and more by signing up here ▶ http://bit.ly/1CTNTHM

Jo Raven is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author, best known for her series Inked Brotherhood and Damage Control. She writes edgy, contemporary New Adult romance with sexy bad boys and strong-willed heroines. She writes about MME fighters and