Start by marking “Truth or Dare (Fast Times at Ridgemont Hall Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Truth or Dare

Sara Wylde

Truth or Dare (Fast Times at Ridgemont Hall Book 1)

3.94  ·  Rating details ·  33 Ratings  ·  29 Reviews
Asher

When the Bane of My Existence™ asks me what I’m looking for in a man and offers to help me get him, I’m pretty sure I’ve died and gone to hell. But the idea of Barclay Scott in my clutches is too delicious to resist and just like every horror movie ever made, I get into the car with Prince Smarming and let him take me to a house party in the woods where all kinds of f
Published August 21st 2018

To ask other readers questions about Truth or Dare, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Truth or Dare

Kay's Blushing Book Reviews
description

Truth or Dare by Sara Wylde
GENRE: New Adult Romance
NARRATION: Dual POV
BOOK DETAILS: Fast Times at Ridgemont Hall series Book #1
AUDIO AVAILABLE? No

THE STORY:
Asher and Dane are college roommates that do not particularly like one another very much, or so they portray. When they both play a game of truth and dare on weekend camping trip with their friends, it exposes some vulnerabilities which leads them to discover how they truly feel towards one another.

description

MY THOUGHTS:
Asher was a strong her
Elle's Book Blog
Release Date: August 21, 2018
Genre: New Adult. College Romance.
Actual Rating: 3 stars

Truth or Dare by Sara Wylde is the first book in the Fast Times at Ridgemont Hall series. Each of these book will feature different characters/romances and can thus be read as standalones. In this one, readers will meet Asher and Dane. Both detest each other yet somehow, gravitate towards one another. It's certainly an enemies to lovers story from the start but it them combusts into a forbidden(ish) roman
Liz
Aug 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Truth or Dare by Sara Wylde takes you into the new Fast Times at Ridgemont Hall series where rich kids play games that risk it all!

In this installment, you get Dane and Asher, who cannot stand each other, or do they? When Dane is determined to help Asher find the man of her dreams, can he let her go? Read and find out!

Happy reading!
A
Aug 21, 2018 rated it liked it

Truth or Dare is the first book in the Fast Times at Ridgemont Hall Series. We start our journey with Huntington Dane III (commonly referred to as Hunt or Dane) and Asher, or as Dane likes to tease Cinder Girl. The book has an abrupt start with us diving straight into one of Dane and Asher's arguments which leads to them agreeing to act as if they are together for a weekend away with mates. A series of party games and a few rounds of truth or dare lead them to hook up. The pair continues to figh
Badh
Shelves: new-adult, arc
As a woman who grew up in the '70s and '80s, I have to say that I love the series name. Fast Times at Ridgemont High is a great movie and a lot of fun to watch. As a reader, I have to say that I enjoyed this book. It was different to what I expected, and quite enjoyable.

Asher Cinder Girl Warren has to share a dorm pod with Huntingdon Dane III, whom she calls the Bane of My Existence. She's known him for years, having gone to the same schools and been in the same rarefied circles, at least right
Reviews from the Heart (Kimberly Anne)
Truth or Dare by Sara Wylde is the first book in the new Fast Times at Ridgemont Hall series. This was an interesting read. The first half was a bit slower, but I think it was setting up the series and characters, but as I got more into story, the more it hooked me.

Asher became known as Cinder Girl after her father ran off with another woman and all their money. But she was strong and determined. She was working hard to achieve all on her goals on her own. She was going to show them all who she
Jodi Bird (Ruby Red Romance Review)
3.5 STAR Review by Jodi for Ruby Red Romance Review

I want to start by saying I really enjoyed this book. I liked to idea behind the book. I liked the characters, I even enjoyed reading this book. But there were parts that fell short for me. I'm not going into major details, because maybe it is just me that found this book lacking in some parts. What I will say is that the story held my attention and kept me reading.

I liked Huntington for the most part. I don't like how he came off in the beginni
Sheila Schoenauer
Aug 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is by a new to me author and I'm glad that I read it. I wasn't sure what I would think. I also wasn't sure if it would have enough steam in it for me. But I really enjoyed it. This is an enemies to lovers book with a college twist full of drama and intrigue. It's not smutty nor is it light on the sex side. It packed enough of a punch to keep me reading. I liked Asher and her ability to stand up for herself after life knocked her down. I also liked that she wasn't afraid to go after wha ...more
Georgie
Aug 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I finished this book in one sitting!!

Yep!!

Hooked from the blurb and once I started I didn’t look back!!!

I loved this story!

It was fast paced and interesting and full of surprises!

This one exceeded any and all expectations I had prior to diving in head first.

I adore angsty college tales where the mains have an off the charts love/hate thing going on!!

I swear - I am hooked!!

The chemistry between our two mains Dane and Asher sizzles right of the pages!!

I was barracking for them from the very begi
Chasing Away Reality
This was a fun, slightly naughty, enemies to lovers story. I loved the banter and strength Asher and Dane showed through everything. It was nice seeing the vulnerability they both revealed to one another and how wonderfully they complemented each other. I also enjoyed witnessing the development of friendships and look forward to continuing the series to see how the friends find their happily ever afters.

Where the story fell a little short for me was the overall depth. While I appreciated the lac
Viper Spaulding
Aug 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
All the teenage angst and drama of college romances!

Hunt and Asher share a deep-felt animosity for each other that is masking their strong attraction. Asher thinks Barclay’s a better match for her, so Hunt decides to set them up to get her out of his head. The truly daring session of Truth or Dare doesn’t go quite as planned, however, leaving them all with more questions than answers and more heartbreak ahead.

There are some real-world obstacles that this young couple must face, requiring levels
Cathy
Aug 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
What a fun enemies to lovers romance, and it had the necessary pieces to win me over even some OTT drama. Oh, Dane's dad....sigh. I love a good villain. But can Dane and Asher defeat him?

Asher and Dane have known each other for years, and then stuff went down with her dad, and things between Asher and Dane got worse. Their banter and "hate" was so much fun to read.

The truth or dare game was all kinds of awesome, and I loved that we get to see Asher really come out of her shell and really make s
Sassy Southern
Aug 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is my first book my Sara and I really enjoyed it and I really want to read the next book in this series. Dane and Asher have “hated” each other all through school. And now that they are sharing the same living quarters it’s getting worse. Dane says he will hook her up with someone to get her out more so he can have the place to himself more. But in reality there’s more than meets the eye. And there’s a thin line between love and hate. But there are people who don’t want them together. There ...more
Tina Morgan
Aug 18, 2018 rated it really liked it

Catty Jane
Aug 21, 2018 rated it liked it
****3 STARS****
****ARC Received for Honest Review****

I was very excited about the concept and premise of this book. I love a good enemies to lovers to book. They can be the best kind of stories, the banter, the great fights and the great make-ups or love stories. I just had the hardest time getting into this book.

It was slow to start, not a slow burn kinda of read, just slow, and once it started to gain some momentum, I had lost me interest or my investment into characters, Asher and Dane. I th
Phyl
Aug 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
New to me author.
When there’s a line that says Bane of my existence that enough to entice me to read this. Also the title Truth or Dare. Just like the game you wonder what truth will be told and what kinds of dare.
I liked this read, Prince Smarming and Cinder Girl aka Asher and Dane (Huntington Dane the third) such a wanky name so you know what kind of person he is. Cinder Girl is a play on Cinderella with her poor background unlike Dane rich upbringing. They are total opposites and they love t
Melissa Parnell
Aug 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this story and I definitely want to read about the other characters. I thought the story was fun and fast-paced. It held my interest and drew me in. I also really liked the characters. I wanted to continue to learn more and read more about them. That being said, that is also why I gave four instead of five stars. I wanted more. I thought the characters and storyline could have been even more fleshed out. I felt like it moved really quickly and I wanted to get to know the charact ...more
Caro
Aug 30, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was an ok read for me.

We meet Asher and Dane, they are roommates who hate each other, yet secretly lust for the other. There’s lots of banter and sexual tension between these two, and some nastiness here and there… ‘cause, well, they hate each other.

Anyway, they weren’t bad guys, yet the constant name calling and being mean to each other got a little boring to me. I get it, you’re supposed to hate each other, but it was too much.

I also felt things happened too quicly and others dragged some
Chris
It took me awhile to get through the first half of the book because I just didn't connect with the characters at all. I know it's the story's namesake, but their truth or dare game came across as immature and gross. Are they in a prep school or college, maybe I missed something but it didn't come across very clear to me.

Thankfully the second part of the book did pick up and it got more interesting with how things played out with Asher's dad and how Asher and Dane's relationship grows.

Despite th
Marie  Brown (Marie's Tempting Reads)
Marie's Tempting Reads ARC Review:

What a lot fun this romance was! The characters are unique and the plot just screams of a good time. I devoured this book in record time. I liked how it was fast paced and how the storyline was set with games. It was fresh and sexy with that enemies to lovers feeling that I knew would bring the GOOD type of trouble.

Sara Wylde wrote a book that was entertaining and fun with witty banter and some good times. Its a book I will happily recommend to my book friends
michelle Shelly
Aug 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
This read is a perfect example of how there’s a thin line between love and hate. Asher and Dane have hated each other for years. Well she’s hated him, he has tried to hate her. But deep down she intrigues him.
I really loved all the characters we are introduced to. This is the first book in a series and each book will be about a certain couple. I am real excited to see where the author goes with these couples because I really did like the characters.
Truth or Dare took a little for me to get int
Gladys
Aug 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved the concept for this book and series. Each story is based off of a childhood game. I really liked both Asher and Dane and thought their chemistry was pretty intense. I enjoyed this slow burn story of enemies to lovers. My one complaint was I wish that the author had delved deeper into the story and characters. I felt there was so much left unexplored in this book, but what there was very good. This is my completely honest, voluntary review.
Lauren
Aug 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was my first book by this author and I really enjoyed it. Enemies to lovers at its finest with lots of drama, and some mystery. Dane is having issues with his father and he literally drives Asher crazy. He's the Bane of her existence these two are hilarious, snarky and the banter is amazing. The truth or dare part of the story made the title even better. I actually had alot of fun reading this book.
wendy Shelton(obsessedbybooks)
Loved this book, but knew I would when I read the blurb . Dane and Asher have love hate relationship and being roommates makes that tough especially when you need the place to yourself, so Dane's plan help Asher get out more by helping her get dates, but that could be harder than Dane expected. Loved these characters and all characters in this book and hope to read more in this series.
Becky Dodson
Aug 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the first book I've read by this author and it's a pretty good book. I like college stories, the romance, angst, steaminess, uncertainty and finding true love! I bonded with Asher, I would totally be friends with her and Dane is the man that unexpectedly steals her heart after them knowing each other for years. I enjoyed this book and will read more by this author.
Danielle Robbins
Aug 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Truth or Dare is the first book I have read by this author and I really liked it. I loved Asher, she was awesome and Dane annoyed me but I did like him. I loved their banter. I wish there was a little bit more of them together but I did love them together. Looking forward to reading Jax's book.
D.J. Holmes
Sep 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Freaking delightful! Sexy, sassy, smart. This book is everything I loved about Cruel Intentions, but modernized and with consent firmly on the page. Can't wait for the next installment!
Sara
Aug 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 Stars!

While the trope of enemies to lovers is nothing new, this book was pretty good. Think a twisted Gossip Girl in a college setting. These wealthy kids like to play twisted versions of children’s games, this book being Truth or Dare.

The main characters are roommates and are not friends. They are sort of enemies, but both secretly finds the other hot. Of course, as the story moves on the attraction becomes feelings and... well, you know.

A lot of underlying themes here... enemies to lovers,
Corinne Jarvis dowdle
Sep 25, 2018
Becky Wise
Sep 02, 2018
Sara (Saranna) Wylde is the crackfic! contemporary pen name for PNR/UF author Saranna DeWylde. She rather imagines that all the pen names live in the same dorm in her head and frequently have discussions that look and sound something like an episode of Herman's Head.

other profile: