Start by marking “Daisy Jones & The Six” as Want to Read:

4.22  ·  Rating details ·  117,377 ratings  ·  20,572 reviews
EVERYONE KNOWS DAISY JONES AND THE SIX.

They sold out arenas from coast to coast.

Their music defined an era and every girl in America idolised Daisy.

But on July 12 1979, on the night of the final concert of the Aurora tour, they split. Nobody ever knew why. Until now.

This is the whole story, right from the beginning: the sun-bleached streets, the grimy bars on the Sunset Strip, knowing Dais

coast.

TheirSIX.

They
Kindle Edition, UK Edition, 336 pages
Published March 5th 2019 by Cornerstone Digital

Win a Copy of This Book

Release date: Mar 05, 2019
    Enter for a chance to win a signed copy of DAISY JONES & THE SIX!

A Goodreads Choice Awards Nominee

“I devoured Daisy Jones

Format: Print book

Giveaway ends in: a

Availability: 10 copies available, 13423 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Nov 08 - Nov 20, 2019

Countries available: U.S.

• Friend Reviews

To ask other readers questions about Daisy Jones & The Six, please sign up.
    Lindsay Pelkey It's a book. It's not a woman's book or a man's book. It's a story, and those who are interested in it can read it.
    Sheri I can’t believe you haven’t heard of them!! They redefined the 70s music scene!!!

(No, not a real band.)

·  117,377 ratings  ·  20,572 reviews

Start your review of Daisy Jones & The Six
    Emma Giordano
    Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: audiobooks
    Daisy Jones & the Six is a masterpiece. Incredible. Intoxicating. Unforgettable. Truly one of the most remarkable stories I have ever had the pleasure of reading. The moment I finished, I had to immediately start from the beginning again. I refused to let go. And yes, I did read it twice in a row.

CW: substance abuse/addiction, abortion

Set in the mid sixties – late seventies, Daisy Jones & The Six transports readers to the most iconic age of rock n’ roll. The atmosphere
    Emily May
    I know many people loved this book, and it's not as if I don't see why, but this choice of narration just really didn't work for me. I found Reid's The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo absolutely riveting from the very first chapter, but I thought the decision to write this book entirely in interview transcripts made it really boring and emotionless.

Daisy Jon
    Emily (Books with Emily Fox)
    IS THIS AS GOOD AS THE SEVEN HUSBANDS OF EVELYN HUGO?

That was my main question when I picked up this book. Sadly, no.

There was a lot of potential but I felt like the story wasn't flesh out enough. I highly recommend listening to this one as an audiobook due to the format (interviews).

Reminded me a bit of A Star Is Born, but maybe less tragic and with a very confident main female character. The characters were definitely attaching but I felt like there should have been more. 300 pages of intervi
    Hannah
    Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    I will never stop crying

Check out my book review!: https://youtu.be/pJvJi3HVzf0
    jessica
    Apr 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: favourites
    i finally got my hands on the audio of this and it is everything i thought it would be - the authenticity, the intrigue, the drama, the rock n’ roll, the emotion. this is a masterpiece and the six are the life and soul of this story. i CANNOT wait for the day when their songs become streamable on spotify.

___________________________________________

there has been some sort of mistake. this book is labelled as fiction, but that cant be right. there is no way these people arent real and no
    Mackenzi
    Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Anyone else furious that the songs in the book aren't actual songs you can stream right now CAUSE I AM.
    Nilufer Ozmekik
    Felt like I watched an amazing documentary while I’m reading an exhilarating book. It’s an unforgettable ride with full of not much sex, but too much drugs and rock&roll.
    I love the lyrics, especially “ Impossible woman”, “ Regret me” and “ Turn it off” and of course “ A hope like you”!
    Welcome to the 70’s world with the rising of a rock band, smashing egos of group members, emotional turmoils, pain of creativity and performing!
    I loved the forbidden love story. I love all the char
    Christine Riccio
    Apr 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Really enjoyed this! The audio book was fabulous.
    Kayla Dawn
    Mar 19, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: owned-books
    Apparently I read a different book than everyone else. Or maybe my brain just thinks it's funny to make me hate hyped books idk.

This didn't touch me whatsoever. I was bored and the story and some actions of the characters felt repetitive to the point that I skipped some paragraphs. Everything was so predictable and dialogues even felt pretentious sometimes. Trying to be meaningful while actually being pseudo deep (like 80% of tumblr u know?).

Sure, this had some great quotes and some
    Chloe
    3rd read: april - june 2019 (physical)
    5 stars
    yep this is my third time reading this book. i just adore it with my whole heart. this time i physically read it and annotated it, and it was everything.

2nd read: 29-31 march 2019 (audiobook)
    UGH I WILL NEVER GET OVER THIS BOOK

1st read: 14-15 march 2019 (audiobook)
    5 stars

cw: drug use, alcoholism, addiction, abortion
    Elyse (retired from reviewing/semi hiatus) Walters
    NEW UPDATED REVIEW.....
    I already expressed LOVING this novel: REALLY REALLY REALLY LOVING IT.....about a fictional rock band in the 1970’s - their rise through the ranks of the LA music scene - eventually becoming one of the most legendary bands in the world.

Taylor Jenkins Reid is not a novice author. Her other five books:
    “The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo”,
    “One True Loves”,
    “Maybe in Another Life”,
    “After I Do”,
    “Forever, Interrupted”,
    Are ‘all’ genuinely - emotionally - pass
    Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
    I listened to the audiobook and I gotta say, Taylor Jenkins Reid has knocked it out of the park again. I LOVED THIS SO MUCH. This audiobook was one of the best audiobooks I've ever listened to and I am SO GLAD that I decided to take in the story that way. It was narrated by a full cast and I just about died when my girl Judy Greer started speaking in my ear as the voice of Karen Karen. Seriously y'all, so fucking good. I WILL SAY, the reason I'm giving this a 4 and not a 5 is because the book as ...more
    lucie
    Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    I REFUSE TO BELIEVE THIS IS A FICTION AND THESE PEOPLE DON'T EXIST.
    Matthew
    I think if I had read a physical copy of this book it would have been 4 stars. But, the audiobook presentation is 5 stars, no doubt! The full cast experience as though it all really happened was riveting. I was reminded of VH1 Behind the Music.

Another thing I was reminded of was A Star Is Born. The chemistry between the characters and the battles against self destruction are strong themes in b
    Julie
    Feb 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: 2018
    Daisy Jones and the Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid is a 2019 Ballantine Books publication.

Sex, Drugs, Rock and Roll! I mean, that’s what the seventies were all about, man!! Right?

Taylor Jenkins Reid has done an admirable job of creating the atmosphere and mindset of the seventies and the rock bands that were catapulted to success beyond their wildest dreams.

From their humble incarnation to their mega-stardom, to their slide down into relative obscurity, the author takes us on a journey back to th
    karen
    Apr 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: free-from-work
    oooh, goodreads choice awards semifinalist for BEST HISTORICAL FICTION 2019! what will happen?

#ReadWithMC review round-up: https://www.marieclaire.com/culture/a...

I used to care when men called me difficult. I really did. Then I stopped. This way is better.

this is a breeeeezy zip of a book. it’s written in a gossipy, fragmented way, using snippets of “behind the music”-style interviews to chronicle the rise and fall; the relationships, adventures, and misadventures of a fictional 70s rock band called daisy jones & the six, which is apparently modeled after flehttps://www.marieclaire.com/culture/a...
    I
    Cindy Pham
    Taylor Jenkins Reid's strength lies in her ability to write realistic characters and relationships and take you through a whole life journey. This book has all the elements that we love about Evelyn Hugo: a unique storytelling format, a life story, a notorious historical setting, an iconic main character, a tumultuous and very human relationship, etc. It's the same formula, but switched with different variables, and therefore I think how much you resonate with those variables depends on personal ...more
    Elena
    Mar 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    So this is a girl that desperately wants to connect. But there’s no one in her life who is truly interested in who she is, especially not her parents. And it really breaks her. But it is also how she grows up to become an icon.

And that is what this is, a story about a girl who wanted to connect with the world and have anyone out there willing to spare some time out to listen to her, listen to every word she had to let out. It's a story about a girl who grew up to be an icon, an inspiration, a roc
    Liz
    Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Is there anyone in their 60s or older that doesn’t see the cover for this book, read the summary and doesn’t immediately think of Stevie Nicks and Fleetwood Mac?

Reid does a great job capturing that sense of stardom; the sex, drugs and rock n roll.

I love how this book is written, as if it is a history of an actual band, as if it’s a compilation of interviews with everyone involved. It was wild to see how different things said or done were misinterpreted or remembered differently by others. I ha
    monica kim
    i love karen with my whole entire heart.

Aug 10, 2019 update:
    I talk more about why I didn't love this one in my recent reads video here: youtu.be/bM5Wh7rpwSQ
    But honestly, I just really struggled to particularly care or connect with most of the characters, and the ending was How I Met Your Mother-level bad.

But I still love Karen.
    megs_bookrack
    Jun 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    The 1970's was an amazing decade for music. The rock genre took the world by storm, selling out arenas and gathering heretofore unheard of crowds of obsessed fans.

Groups such as The Who, Led Zeppelin, Blue Oyster Cult, Boston, and Queen were living large with lifestyles infused with sex, drugs and rock and roll.

This novel is the fictional profile of one such band, Daisy Jones & the Six.

Told via a highly creative interview format, Daisy
    Melanie
    ARC provided by the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

DNF @ 22%

“I love you as much as I’m willing to love anybody.”

I can’t believe I’m DNFing a Taylor Jenkins Reid book. She wrote one of my favorites books of all time, The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo, that means more to me than I have words to even begin to express. But this? This was just boring, and crude, and told in such a bad format. It’s like mini interviews if you will, where multiple people are talking, but it was impossi/>/>DNF
    KAS
    Feb 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    We love broken, beautiful people. And it doesn’t get much more obviously broken and classically beautiful than Daisy Jones.

I so connected to this book as it took me back to my teen years of the 1970’s in which music, specifically rock n roll, played a huge part.

My now husband and I were always traveling to big concert events in our late teens. One of the most memorable was on July 30, 1978, where we stood in the sweltering heat just feet from the stage listening to the awesome band, Fleetwood Mac,
    ✨ A ✨
    Mar 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Recommends it for: LISTEN TO AUDIOBOOK FOR FULL EXPERIENCE
    This was the most perfect audiobook I've ever listened to. These narrator's deserve Oscars. Seriously. The acting was on another level of brilliance. The narrator's made an effort to bring TJR's characters to life. So to speak.

I had absolutely no interest in being somebody else’s muse.
    I am not a muse.
    I am the somebody.
    End of fucking story.

If you want to get the full experience I highly recommend the audiobook. The main reason this was so good in audio was because this book is written
    Chelsea Humphrey
    I'm realizing now that I'm one of those folks in the minority when it comes to TJR and her most recent books. I fell in love with her contemporary romance novels years ago, but have found that I struggle with her historical fiction, which is strange because it seems these are the stories that have catapulted her into mainstream fiction! Uber Fame Level-Achieved! Here's the thing, it must be more a case of my not being as interested in and compatible with the story content, because her writing quality is just as exce ...more
    Angelica
    Have you ever felt like there were two versions a book out there. There's the version everyone you know read. The one with the raving reviews. The one that everyone loved. Then there is the version you read. The one that is underwhelming and dry and was nothing at all like what you expected it to be. Have you ever felt that? Because I feel that sometimes.

This is one such time.

Seriously though, did I read the same book as everyone else?

I was hoping beyond all hope that
    PorshaJo
    Rating 4.25

I've been fighting this author for some odd, un-explainable reason. But now, I can admit it. I'm a Taylor Jenkins Reid fan. Every time I would see one of her books I'd say 'oh, she's not for me'. People are raving about one of her books and I'd say 'those books are nothing that I like'. Due to the Travelling Sisters group, I joined in and read The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo. I kinda thought 'oh I know I'm not going to like it' but I really enjoyed that one. It felt like such
    emma
    As someone who is a big fan of oral histories of pop culture things, and as someone who gives a rousing “sign me the hell up” to Taylor Jenkins Reid writing about historical Hollywood in any way: This book is a dream.

When I am not reading books, I spend a lot of my time reading in-depth articles. Sometimes these are on subjects I have little to no outside interest in: rich people bickering over preschool traditions, incels getting plastic surgery, whether Taylor Swift’s Fourth of July parties
    Larry H
    Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    "I am not a muse. I am the somebody. End of fucking story."

I am a gigantic music fan. I was in a band in high school and college, and sing almost everywhere. As much as I love music and lyrics, I'm equally as fascinated by those who make the music and what inspires them to write the songs they do, not to mention the stories of connection and tension and dissension among band members."

This obsession was one of the myriad reasons I couldn't wait to get my hands on Taylor Je
    Bookworm Bitches : November 2019: Daisy Jones & The Six 7 39 Nov 12, 2019 08:28PM
    Mental Health Boo...: October fiction - addiction - Daisy Jones and The Six 3 12 Nov 06, 2019 12:27AM
    Meh... 8 112 Nov 05, 2019 05:40PM

• Lock Every Door
    • The Turn of the Key
    • Things You Save in a Fire
    • Three Women
    • The Proposal (The Wedding Date, #2)
    Taylor Jenkins Reid is the author of The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo, One True Loves, Maybe in Another Life, and two other novels. She lives in Los Angeles. You can follow her on Twitter and Instagram @tjenkinsreid.
    “I had absolutely no interest in being somebody else's muse.
    I am not a muse.
    I am the somebody.
    End of fucking story.”
    400 likes
    “Men often think they deserve a sticker for treating women like people.” 294 likes