Start by marking “Dark Consort (The Dark Dreamer Trilogy, #2)” as Want to Read:
Dark Consort (The Dark Dreamer Trilogy, #2)

Dark Consort

(The Dark Dreamer Trilogy #2)

Nora has faced the horrors of the Nightmare Realm and put a stop to the Weaver. But the girl that went in isn’t the same one who has come out. Now, as the Lady of Nightmares, Nora’s next passage to the Night World will be permanent. Months in the Day World have already taken their toll on her new identity. Her body aches from the strain of magic and her mind is tormented b ...more
Published October 29th 2019 by The Parliament House

To ask other readers questions about Dark Consort, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dark Consort

Start your review of Dark Consort (The Dark Dreamer Trilogy, #2)
Candace Robinson
Sep 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was the perfect middle man for this trilogy! Duell knows how to write awesome and imaginative imagery that will leave a lasting expression!

We are back in Nora’s and the Sandman’s heads and they are both interesting places to be! I just want to keep the Sandman forever and ever! I also loved the side characters as well as the twists and turns along the way! And poor Nora is in quite the predicament! Loved it!
Jessica Julien
Sep 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Words cannot express how excited I was to read the second installment of this series and I was not disappointed by any means. If I could give Amber Duell more than 5 stars, I would (where's the BONUS YOU'RE AMAZING star??)

After reading the first novel, I was blown away with the author's ability to suck you in and make you feel completely excited and terrified at the same time. I wanted to be with Nora, I want to BE Nora, and escape into this world she was swept away in ... plus the Sandman (*whi
Lauren Kelsen
Mar 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a fantastic sequel!! There was definitely no lack of action, struggle with the darkness and terrifying nightmare creatures! I absolutely love that Mare or Mara is in this story, as a mare is an Old English demon that would sit on people’s chests while they sleep and suffocate them. In this book she is painted as “An Ancient” and has a very dark aura. I loved learning more about the powers Nora holds and the other greater nightmare creatures, like Kial and his brother. We get to see the roma ...more
Sheila Goicea
I received a copy of this book via The Parliament House in exchange for an honest review. Thank you! In no way does this affect my rating or review.

description

All included quotes have been taken from an ARC and may not match the finished publication.

Content Warning: Gore, Torture, Death

This review will contain some SPOILERS for Dream Keeper for those who have not yet read it.

The Lady of Nightmares would rule by fear, and no one feared a thing they knew.

Dark Consort was a fantastic sequel to Dream Keep
queen0f_hearts
Oct 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, fantasy, fiction
** I was provided a free copy by the publishing press in exchange for my honest and independent opinion **

When I was pretty close to the end, I was determined to rate Dark Consort with 5 stars because it was so indescribably good and I barely could put it down (but I had to :( ) and I was always very hungry to continue reading as soon as possible. Unfortunately, there was the... I’ll call it “end battle” which disappointed me. Therefore, I eventually decided to give it 4 stars which is a decent
Donna
Sep 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019, favorites
The Nightmare Realm is full of the most imaginative creatures! This second book in the series is probably more intense than the first. Nora, Lady Nightmare, has got to get her tower back from one of the most dangerous of the Nightmare creatures. Can she master the magic and win the respect of the creatures of the Night World?

Some series suffer from second book syndrome (as they call it), but NOT THIS ONE!!!!! The world building is phenomenal!!! I was sucked in and felt as though I was seeing and
Emma Katherine
Mar 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Read my full review here: https://lifesanovelty.blogspot.com/20...

Opinions: I adored Dream Keeper, meaning there's no possible way I can put my feelings into words for this book. Expectedly, Dark Consort was just as unbelievable as Dream Keeper yet even better! All of the key elements were even more potent and resonating in this book, which undoubtedly does not suffer from sequel syndrome. Duell cranked up the intensity and horror from an already overwhelming level in this installment of the Dar
Tiffany
After reading this book, I wanted to write and post this review to share my honest experiences toward the story.

The second book in the Dark Dreamer Trilogy, Dark Consort takes place a few months after the end of book 1, and follows Nora and the Sandman’s adventures after the demise of the Weaver. Nora, as Lady Nightmare, has to get her tower back from one of the most dangerous Nightmare creatures, while attempting to build an army of supporters and followers and trying to survive in the Night W
Angela
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received this as an eARC to read for free in exchange for my honest review. Thank you to Amber R. Duell and The Parliament House for giving me access.

The moment I put Dream Keeper down, I immediately needed more! Luckily I only had to wait a few months and was able to receive an eARC for Dark Consort. I couldn’t put this book down. It once again captivated me from page one, all the way to the final page.

This is not the same feel as the first book, which had a Nightmare on Elm Street vibe to i
Michelle
Nov 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Most series/trilogies start off strong and head south after book one. This one, though, seems like it's going to be one that just keeps getting better and better with each book!

We spend so much more time in the Nightmare Realm and get to expand a bit more on our main characters (which was a slight issue I had with book 1 not really giving the characters depth). While the relationship between Nora and Sandman plays a big role, it wasn't super mushy or over the top. Loved, loved, loved all the ni
CR
Mar 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This one picks up a few months down the road from book one and wow did it pack a punch. I fell in love with Nora, the Sandman, and a few other characters that were NIGHTMARES!! That is just how good Amber writes her characters. This one had some major themes of darkness taking over Nora and her fighting to stay herself as well as the Sandman trying to keep her safe. It had some side characters that shined very well and I fell in love with the brothers. Man this couldn't have been any better.
KD
Jan 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: earc
Thank You to Parliament House for a copy for my honest review...

Ahhhh i love this series!!! I was soo excited to dive back into this world and i was not dissapointed!! We pick up a short time after book one ends with Nora having to sort her life out so she can go to the nightmare relm , i loved her character development in this book and i love the sandman even more!!! I dont want to say too much so i dont spoil anything but OMG i need book 3 like now!!!!!
NanaShauna Joesten
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow this read kept me Captivated from start to finish. There are alot of twists and turns. This Author has a very creative mind. This read kept me on the edge of my seat. I definitely recommend this read.
Shauna Joesten
R.J. Garcia
Oct 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dark Consort is every bit as good as book one with action that grabs you from the start. Duell's writing is beautiful, almost lyrical. As I was reading I was tempted to read some sentences twice but the plot was equally arresting and kept me turning pages fast. I can't wait to read book three.
Sally Maxwell
Sep 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
a great second installment,i really love how this story is going forward,and i did not see that ending coming! now the wait begins for the last book.
~*Kelli*~
Oct 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
First, thank you to Amber and Parliment press for this ARC for an honest review.

I’ll just say it straight up.. I LOVE THIS SERIES!! When I first read Dream Keeper, I didn’t know what I was getting into.. and I was not disappointed at all. And now to finally have Dark Consort in my kindle I couldn’t be happier!

It was so great to be back in the dream world with Nora and the Sandman. Watching Nora grow as a character and into her role was an action packed adventure.

I’m not a spoilers person, so a
Sissy Lu {Book Savvy Reviews}
Oct 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya-fantasy, 2019
Absolutely loved the sequel to Dream Keeper! It had me turning pages faster than the first.

There is no wasting time as we pick up where we left off, and Nora is trying to come into her own. I loved seeing the struggle between the power and ruling over her minions, but she's not a force to be reckoned with.

The characters developed wonderfully, and some of my personal favorites receive more air time AHEM KAIL..AHEM...

Thoroughly enjoyed this! Definitely recommend if you loved the first... this w
Lazlo
Dec 14, 2018
Saruta Valentine
Dec 17, 2018
Goodreads Librari...: Please remove placeholder cover 1 15 Aug 23, 2019 05:33AM

• Disenchanted (Disenchanted, #1)
  • The Hollow Gods (The Chaos Cycle Duology, #1)
  • The Storyteller's Daughter
  • Crave (Crave, #1)
  • Rage and Ruin (The Harbinger, #2)
  • The Sin Soldiers (Fragments #1)
  • Dearest Clementine: Dark and Romantic Monstrous Tales (Letters, #1)
  • Avocado Bliss
  • Lullaby of Flames
  • All the Stars and Teeth (All the Stars and Teeth, #1)
  • The Call of Death
  • A Spectacle of Souls (Circus of the Stolen, #1)
  • Alpha Star (Big Sky Alien Mail Order Brides, #1; Intergalactic Dating Agency, #3)
  • Thrill of the Chase (City Shifters: the Pride, #1)
  • Antidote (Love and War, #1)
  • In Zach's Arms (Once A Marine Always A Marine, #1)
  • SEAL the Deal (Alpha SEALs, #1)
  • Grabbed by Vicious (Grabbed, #1)
Amber R. Duell is a native of Central New York but currently lives in Mississippi with her husband and two sons. She survives on caffeine and baked goods. When not reading or writing, she enjoys snowboarding, embroidering, staying up way too late to research genealogy, and discovering real-life adventures.

The Dark Dreamer Trilogy (3 books)
  • Dream Keeper (The Dark Dreamer Trilogy, #1)
  • Night Warden (The Dark Dreamer Trilogy, #3)