Start by marking “Rocky Point Inn” as Want to Read:
Rocky Point Inn

Rocky Point Inn

Tragedy
When her best friend is killed in a tragic home fire, Shannon takes on her daughter until family can be found. The ten-year old knows her and likes staying in the Inn that Shannon owns. If things had been different, Shannon would even try to keep Kayla until she grows up, but knows being with family is better.

The Unknown Uncle
When Shane Remington learns his siste
Published August 21st 2018 by Barbara McMahon

To ask other readers questions about Rocky Point Inn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rocky Point Inn

Kathy Heare Watts
LIVE IN TODAY, BUT PLAN FOR THE FUTURE

I enjoyed this beautiful but haunting tale of tragedy that will bring several people together. The story is a great reminder that we need to make each day count, especially with people that are part of our lives. Never assume someone knows how you feel because tomorrow might not come to tell them.

The unthinkable will happen, an explosion and fire that will take the lives of a couple, but their only child will be spared because she was at a sleepover. Now, t
Pam
Aug 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Barbara McMahon has a way of writing stories with such warmth, love & emotion that they draw the reader completely into the story. In Rocky Point Inn, Shannon has hidden herself away & is living a relatively solitary life out of guilt from an incident that happened in her youth. She feels that’s all that she deserves. So when her closest friend & her husband are killed unexpectedly,leaving behind a teenage daughter, Shannon agreed to take care of her temporarily until a family member ...more
Anne
Jul 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Rocky Point Inn is the newest offering in the Rocky Point series by Barbara McMahon. Shannon Kerrigan is the unlikely heroine of this story, Injured in an automobile accident when she was nineteen, Shannon has convinced herself that her solitary life as the owner/manager is the Rocky Point Inn in Rocky Point, Maine is all that life has to offer. A former shoe-in for a Gold medal in the Olympics in figure skating, she lives in a sea of guilt for the damage she has done to others. She is forced to ...more
Becky Claxon
Jul 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shannon Kerrigan owned an Inn in Maine, and one morning the Sheriff came to tell her that her best friend Caitlin an her husband died in a house fire at their home. Their daughter Kayla was spending the night with her best friend and wasn’t home. Shannon was heartbroken and knew Kayla was going to have a hard time. Kayla stayed with Shannon while they looked for a relative. About four months later, the Sheriff found her brother Shane Remington who is a bachelor, and he came to Maine as soon as h ...more
Jennie Fortna
Aug 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
ARC for honest review with no compensation 4.5 stars

Barbara McMahon has take us on a journey of tragedy, grief, shattered dreams, failure, compassion but that love can bring you back and show you a life worth living!

Shannon a recluse after personal tragedy moved back to her home town to rebuild her life but when tragedy strikes her best friends she now is in charge of their daughter til family can be found.

Shane Remington learns of his sister's death and is determined to take his sister's daught
Yvonne Cruz
Jul 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
This story has a little of everything. We get tragedy that leaves Kayla, a sweet child orphaned. A virile dark main character in Shane, who is the child’s uncle, and who feels at loss as to what to do with Kayla. And then there is Shannon. She’s Kayla’s mom best friend. She loves Kayla and has been her guardian since her parents death. That is , until Kayla’s uncle, Shane, shows up.Despite her injuries, Shanon is a successful inn owner. She makes it her mission to help Shane and Kayla develop a ...more
Terry Houchin
What a wonderful story!

The author has created beautiful characters and the perfect setting to for their story to be told.

The story opens with Shannon taking in her best friend's daughter, Kayla. Kayla's parents were killed in a house fire. Shannon is happy to take the little girl in while authorities search for family members.

I loved the interaction between Shannon and Kayla from the very beginning. Show us readers what a kind, loving woman Shannon is. The B&B that Shannon owns adds to the a
Joyce
Loving Kayla

Shannon's friends perish in a house fire. Their 10 year old daughter is given to Shannon until they can locate her Uncle. Shane has lost his sister and has come to take her daughter back to California.
Soon he learns that his Father is coming for Kayla. He feels that this isn't what Kayla's Mom would have wanted. So his plans changed and needs Shannon's help.
A nice romantic story of love for a child brings two people together. Barbara has written another cute story with strong, emotio
Coral Mitchell
Aug 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shannon is willing to care for her best friend's daughter until family can be found for her but does not believe she is capable of loving her enough to be her permanent guardian. Shane is a confirmed bachelor, has no desire for a family, and cannot understand why the enthralling Shannon will not take his niece. Outside pressures influence Shane into a daring plan, one he may not even be ready for. Shannon is super strong, but let her past overshadow her kindness and worth. I voluntarily reviewed ...more
Joan Arning
Aug 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shannon, owner of a B&B, is an excellent protagonist who takes in ten year old Kayla when her parents die in a house fire. Macho Shane Remington shows up as Kayla’s uncle she has never met who wants to take her from everything she knows in Maine to live in Los Angeles! Things get more interesting when Shane’s estranged father turns up to claim Kayla. Who is the best person to care for Kayla! You will enjoy Rocky Point Inn by Barbara McMahon. I received an advance copy of the book from the au ...more
Irene S
Aug 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
When Shannon's best friend and her husband die in a fire, Shannon takes in Kayla, their daughter, until a permanent placement can be made with a close family member. Shane, the uncle of Kayla, is a successful businessman and doesn't see how a child will fit into his life. While Shane stays at Shannon's inn, he becomes interested in Shannon and wants the best home for his niece. I received a free copy of this book from the author and this is my honest opinion. This is another sweet romance in the ...more
BookSnuggle
Shelves: romance
Rocky Point Inn by Barbara McMahon. This is Shane Remington and Shannon Kerrigan’s story.

Rocky Point Inn is a beautifully written story of tragedy, healing, and happiness. I loved all the characters. This story was entertaining from the start to the end.

An emotional and heartwarming romance where happiness came out of a tragedy.

I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book.
Jan Tomalis
Oct 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Rocky Point Inn is the first story I have read by Barbara McMahon but wow! What a story it is! It is a warm and heartfelt story that started with a tragedy and has the result of bringing two people together for the love of a child. This is a wonderful and sweet quick read that pulls on your heartstrings. Her characters are are people who are realistic and the plot of the story is believable. A fantastic read!
Jenny H
Aug 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a well written and heartwarming read. Ms. McMahon does it again. The characters are developed, relatable and engaging. Shannon and Shane come together as a result of a tragedy and find something they were missing and needed - each other. I would recommend this book to any one who enjoys a great read. I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book.
Penny Leidecker
Aug 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Rocky Point Inn is the story about Shannon and Shane and how a tragedy can sometimes lead to unexpected love. Barbara McMahon has quickly became one of my favorite authors and I wasn’t disappointed with this book. If you’re looking for a book that tells a beautiful story that will touch your heart, then this is the book for you.
Ellen White
Aug 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A house fire, leaving the daughter of her best friend, to take care of till they located her uncle. Four months later, getting the message he comes to meet her, and take her back to LA, where his business is at. Heated discussions between them, when he was going to put her in boarding school. Or for Shannon to find a family to take her in. Shannon, felt like she was always letting people in the town down, and couldn’t keep her..
A good plot, you feel the struggle, wanting what was best for Kayla.
Pat Christie
Aug 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Ebook

She’s taking care of her best friends daughter after her death. The authorities find the uncle but he’s not prepared to take on the care of his nieces. He comes up with a marriage as the way to give his niece the family she needs.
Paula
Aug 22, 2018 rated it liked it
Kayla is such an adorable girl and has handled her tragedy so well. Love Shannon and she is a great "mom" to Kayla even though she doesn't think so. Shane had to grow on me. Will Shane's idea work? or will it tear them apart?
Sherry Bohrmueller
Aug 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A very sweet heartwarming story. A business agreement turned love. A feel good story that anyone would enjoy!
Elaine Coghlan
Aug 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Rocky Point Inn by Barbara McMahon, I was privileged to receive this book as an advanced copy & am choosing to review it voluntarily and this is my honest review...
I love reading Barbara's books as they have a good solid plot, the characters work well together. Here we have Shannon (Kayla's mum best friend) an owner of an Inn located in Maine, a little girl Kayla whose parents were unfortunately killed in a house fire and an uncle Shane from L.A. - Kayla's mum's brother which she never met
Magi
Dec 01, 2018
Tammy Rolle
Aug 29, 2018
Suzzie
Aug 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love an inspiring book. Rocky Point Inn is about Shannon, Kayla and Shane. They are brought together because of a tragedy but out of this tragedy comes great joy. This was a refreshing read that shows true emotions and compassion. I loved this book.
I received this book as an ARC review book. I voluntarily give my review. This is my honest review.
Leonora Branca
Michael
Feb 23, 2019
Kenneth Hawley
Mar 15, 2019
Bestselling, award winning author Barbara McMahon has written more than 80 novels which have sold more than 16 million copies world wide in more than fifty countries in twenty-eight languages.

Known for her heartwarming, emotional stories, she excels in capturing those feelings when first falling in love. She has won or been nominated for every major award in the romance genre from a double nomina