Start by marking “Breaking His Rules” as Want to Read:
Breaking His Rules

Breaking His Rules

An international playboy finds true love in a sexy new standalone contemporary romance from Aliza Mann.

Ashton Lyle
is a man in control. His rules are simple:
Discipline.
Hard work.
No deviation.

And lucky for him no one is able to resist his mega-watt smile, dazzling wit, sexy British accent, and ability to manipulate any situation in business . . . and in bed.
That is, until
Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 276 pages
Published April 2nd 2019 by Loveswept

To ask other readers questions about Breaking His Rules, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Breaking His Rules

Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
I so wish that I can say that I loved Breaking His Rules by new-to-me author, Aliza Mann, but, frankly, it was a struggle for me to finish.

I was drawn to Breaking His Rules because of that gorgeous cover and the fact that I'm trying to read as many authors going to Book Lover Con this year as possible. However, I always struggle with M/F contemporary romance, and this book fell to that curse.

I'm not sure exactly why I had so much trouble with the story. It felt polished and well-written, but i
Cyndi
Mar 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
A sweet love story with two magnetic people being drawn together.
We have a hero who likes older women because they don’t expect commitment, just romance. Then he meets a woman who is out of his league. She is too beautiful, too young and too successful. But she stops him in his tracks, literally.
We have a heroine who is trying to make time for a bit of romance at the insistence of her friends. But with a successful club to run and an ex-husband from hell, she barely has time for anything.
E
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
This is an amazing romance story that will have you on the edge of your seat wondering what is going to happen next. I started this book out and thought I would be able to put it down but no I had to keep reading to see what was going to happen to Ashton and Terra.

Ashton is your very British play boy not looking for love. He is sitting in a restaurant when he sees a gorgeous woman in need of saving form the date she is on. So he approaches her and they quickly become friends. From there the two
Cyndi
Mar 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A sweet love story with two magnetic people being drawn together.
Ente
Amy
I really enjoyed this romance - it's a sweet romance with lots of sexy times. I really liked the hero and heroine - both strong people who have successful lives of their own who ultimately find what they didn't even know that the needed with each other. Ashton grew on me over the length of the book but it is Terra who really grabbed me immediately. Strong, successful, confident and intelligent - everything a good heroine should be. I love the way their relationship unfolded. Although Ashton's fa ...more
Tina
I had a hard time with this book. It never really hooked me. So It did not keep me engaged. I had it for weeks and would pick it up, read a bit and put it down. It had great dialogue and the writing was very well done. But, in the end, I think there just wasn't enough tension or concrete plot to hang the forward story on. And honestly the couple chemistry just wasn't there on page for me.

We are first introduced to Ashton, the hero, in his first person POV chapter where he is telling us his philo
M.K. Schiller
Apr 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book has some sizzling sexy scenes, a heroine we can all identify with, a vulnerable playboy hero I'd like to...play with.

And Mann's descriptions make you feel like your on a custom tour of the great city of Detroit!

Plus, what's not to love about that cover?
Bette Hansen
Apr 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a very well done book although I did find the story itself very predictable. The author did a good job developing the characters and their relationship as the story unfolded. The chemistry between Ashton and Terra was great. Ashton is a self proclaimed ladies man. He knows how to give them what they need without all the ugly entanglements of a relationship. Terra is a busy divorcee who has given up on love and relationships. These two seem perfect for each other. Turns out that is exact ...more
Cardyn Brooks
Yes! Yes! (Oh, please excuse the premature exclamations.)

In Breaking His Rules the player, pharmaceutical sales rep Ashton, gets played in all of the most satisfying ways by business owner Terra. From their chivalrous meeting and funny comedy-of-errors encounter to their reluctant courtship and unplanned relationship these two engaging characters laugh, argue, and tease each other with an irresistible sense of joyous self-awareness consistent with people who are in their prime. Their chemistry
Bin Blogs Books
Feb 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was story that showcased that it doesn't actually matter what walls you put up or what rules you have in place, or what fears and hang ups get in the way. At the end of the day love will win out, even when what it actually looks like doesn't line up with what you always imagined it would. Nice and sexy realistic love story.
Shelly Bell
Jan 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Filled with sexy banter, steamy loves scenes, and a British hero, this own voices contemporary romance is a wickedly hot romance that gave me all the feels. 10 Stars! I adored Ashton and Terra and I know you will too! I highly recommend this feel-good romance.
Christina
Jan 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow..Wow..wow!! I just loved Terra and Ashton's story. He was a good guy at heart and each 0f them deserved a happy ending. Especially, all that Terra went through with that creep Marcus. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and I voluntarily read this book via NetGalley in exchange for my honest opinion. Hopefully, there will be a follow up story with Gary and Gloria.
Pelusa Rivera
I am not a fan of older woman younger man situations, but that is me to each its own. I found this book ok, not the best but I guess you could pass the time, me I would have read something else. So we meet Ashton a self proclaimed playboy and then he meets Terra and all of sudden he is head over heels and in love so he apparently changed his way fairly quickly, yeah that did not convince me. But it is what it is, so then we have Terra a divorcee and little leary of getting hurt again but Ashton ...more
Synergy_Quest
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.25 stars - Solid romance where Ashton, the hero, actually saves the heroine’s life. He’s younger than her, 11 years to be exact, but there’s no cougar talk here. He’s the pursuer, and while she’s very much into him, she thinks she knows the score. Boy, is she wrong. They both get a first hand lesson in true love and it couldn’t have come at a better time for them.

I enjoyed this read and think you will too.

I received an ARC of this book, from the publisher, via NetGalley, in exchange for a fai
Ash Luna
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved Breaking his Rules it was such an intense and super hot read I couldn't get enough! I recommend to anyone!
Mary Mooney
Mar 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads, so here is my review.
What happens when two people not looking for love meets? The seem to be drawn to each other and the romance is off the charts.
Ashton is a ladies man and he doesn't think that love is in the cards for him. And he seems to be alright with that. He finds the ladies not looking for a relationship to get what he needs and gives them what he knows they need. He can watch a woman and know a lot about her, this
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
Honestly, this book was just okay for me. I had been waiting and waiting for it to be available but it honestly did not do much for me.

The premise is a romance surrounding a middle-aged woman (Terra) and a younger man (Ashton) who doesn't actually commit to relationships. I felt that Ashton "fell in love" with Terra very quickly for someone who doesn't commit. Then Terra fights pretty hard to keep him at arm's length - this helped to build some much needed romantic tension. Their romance became
Stacia | stacialovestoread
*Mondo huge thanks to NetGalley & Lovestruck Publishing for this free copy in exchange for an honest review*

Breaking His Rules is a sweet (yet steamy) tale of a playboy turned one-woman-man and how one should always keep their heart open to love.
Ashton is a likeable character: his jokes and whit are spot on and that British accent is enough to make a girl’s knees buckle.
Terra is a boss who don’t need a man but she sure enough ends up with a good one!

Aliza writes this story full of passion
Lenore Kosinski
DNF before the end of the first chapter. Honestly, I was turned off almost right from the start. I didn't like either character, I couldn't connect with them, and I was getting cranky with the way they were behaving. I looked at a few reviews and figured it probably wasn't going to change, so I thought I would cut my losses since it obviously wasn't a match for me. Course, now I forget the specifics, so not helpful...but whatever.
Duck
Mar 19, 2019 rated it liked it
**I received this book from Random House - Loveswept through NetGalley for an honest review.**

Terra is a self-made woman who knows what she wants and Ashton is a man in control.

I’ll be honest, I did not care for the first couple of chapters at all. Things started out a bit shallow and I felt like if I stopped I would be OK with my decision. While I questioned Terra’s decision making after knowing someone for such a short period of time I suspended my beliefs because I’m sure some people are lik
Teesbookjourney
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Breaking his rules is an adorably honest love story. I felt like the relationship progression. was natural and very reminiscent of today's dating scene. I loved that Tera was a bar owner (Yass Queen) with a clearly awful ex-husband. It made her human because those are real people issues. Ashton had his own issues with his father and the death of his mother. They both seemed really normal and clearly good for each other. I enjoyed the fact that they were able to recognize that they each wanted ea ...more
Shakera
Apr 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Ashton lived his dating life by a set of rules: 1.) Never date the prettiest girl in the room. 2.) No dates on Friday or Saturday night. 3.) No discussing family history… you get the gist. His mind is completely blown when he meets Terra, who makes him challenge every one of those rules. Terra has her own set of drama, in the name of an ex-husband. As they get to know each other a little better, the drama unfolds. Can Ashton get past her walls? Can Terra make him forget all of his rules?

I initia
Liz
Apr 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Breaking His Rules by Aliza Mann is a story about two people determined to stay away from relationships. One loves his life just at is is now, uncomplicated. The other is tired of complications. I loved watching these two interact with each other.

Ashton Lyle was not ready for Terra Ellis. Always avoiding commitments, but Terra changes his life in ways he never expected. Terra was left leery of relationships after her divorce and definitely does not need one in her life right now. So when she me
Arlena
Rating: Four
Review:

"Breaking His Rules" by Aliza Mann

My Rationalization...

I loved this beautiful sweet story of Ashton and Terra with him being eleven years younger. It was really nice how this author was able to give us a story that really balanced out so very well together giving the reader one well-written storyline along with a sexy romance. I loved how with each having thei
Read.Review.Repeat Blog
Apr 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
"""Sometimes, you don't know what you need until it's there, just in front of you. Then boom. your life begins."" ~ Terra

Ashton had life rules he lived by religiously. Terra had sworn off of love. Somehow the two of them found themselves in the same place at the same time, because love works that way. What was supposed to be a one-time attraction, morphed into a lifeline that could not be denied. Together they helped to heal their hearts and taught each other to trust.

This was a good read. Humo
Renee Entress
Apr 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2019, arc
4 star

I was pulled right into this story. The story has laughs, secrets, and heartbreak.

This is Terra and Ashton’s story. Both strong willed can they really have a chance? Both hard workers but is that keeping them from love? She is a little put off relationships after her last one. Can he convince her to give him a chance? The both have a set of rules but in the end are they willing to break them all for each other?

I loved these characters and the side characters. I felt I could connect with t
Helena#bookdreamer
Thank you Netgalley for providing this ARC in exchange for an honest review.
Ashton and Terra story is a well written novel set within a modern setting. She's an older woman wary of getting hurt and he a charming, quick witted man looking for short term but finding true love instead. While I wasn't crazy about how quickly he falls for her especially since he initially declares himself a playboy, I did enjoy the incredible chemistry he has with Terra.
Nice modern romance with a strong heroine and
Tammy
Apr 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Aston and Terra meet when he rescues her from a bad blind date. Aston isn’t the relationship type of guy and Terra is all about her business. What will happen when sparks fly between these two. Fast-paced read with plenty of drama and steam. I liked the characters and the story held my interest throughout. A good read.
Tania's Book Blog
Apr 01, 2019 rated it liked it
This book was ok. Two people that were so much alike but had lots of chemistry. Terra and Ashton weren’t looking for anything serious when they unexpectedly met each other in the strangest way. The book had an ok flow to it and at times felt stuck but it was a cute love story. They both had their issues snd Ashton sometimes assumed things that weren’t and Terra stressed things that were irrelevant. But regardless not a bad story.
Tamara Lush
Apr 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This story featured the most adorable, compatible couple I've read in a long time! Loved this book!
« previous 1 3 next »