Start by marking “All Our Broken Pieces” as Want to Read:
All Our Broken Pieces

All Our Broken Pieces

Ginny and Devin have been best friends for most of their lives. They’ve relied on each other, laughed with each other, kept each other sane.

But now Devin is dead, and Ginny is floundering to find a way to cope with the loss and continue living when the one person she’s always relied on is gone. So she does what she’s always done. She pours her frustrations into texts to D
Published 2018 by Hidden Falls Publishing

To ask other readers questions about All Our Broken Pieces, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All Our Broken Pieces

Melissa
It was just too short:} I wanted more. I was so sad when The End appeared! Larsen has the ability to make her characters come alive and feel very real. She pulls me into her books with them and I cheer from the very beginning for them. This was a sweet heart tugging romance. It was so unique. I LOVED when they met, it was so perfect. I loved how this made me feel. This is chaste with some very good tension no swearing or violence. Novella length.
Denita Whitehead
Aug 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I LOVE Annette's books! And this one is no different! Her writing style is so smooth and enjoyable. Ginny is such a raw and great character. Alex is so great and genuine. This book made me laugh, swoon, sigh, cry & lose myself in the characters. My ONLY complaint is that it's too short! I want more! Not just the story, but the writing was just effortless. It was like I was talking with an old friend. I didn't want it to stop!
Vivian
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I hesitated to read this initially

It has such an intriguing premise, but I didn't want a story that was going to be sad - books are my escape from my currently difficult life. I'm so glad I finally read it; it was wonderful!

Yes, there is some sad stuff, but in a processing-grief-but-moving-forward kind of way. Not Devon is one of my favorite heroes ever. He and Ginny are funny and sweet and good for each other.

This is an excellent book to read - and reread!

Clean romance level: Sweet kisses that
Becky Helvig
Aug 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is sweet quick read! Perfect if you don’t have time for a novel right now! My favorite thing about this author is her ability to suck you into her books with unique and well developed characters, and good plots. I LOVED that these Characters were so believable and flawed. The romance is chaste but has plenty of tension. Such a fun read!
wisegirl3
Aug 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love all of Annette's books so far, but this one left me shocked that it was over. I felt it needed a little more of a story or more of an ending at least. This book did seem to apply more to real life though in that it didn't have some random occurrence, but instead had more real life scenarios, things that could happen to anyone. It is very clean, short and a good read. If you like it you should definitely read her others because, in my opinion, they are even better!
Christina
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Raw, Real and Beautiful

I’m not sure what I expected going into this book, but I always love this author’s books, so I was thrilled to get my hands on this newest one.

Oh my goodness this book was incredible! The emotion and depth that the protagonist Ginny goes through is so raw and real. It begins with her getting home from the funeral of her very best friend, Devin. Having gone through the grief cycle myself multiple times, I hurt for her. She is so broken and torn up inside, and feels so incr
Bookconfessions
Sep 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Annette Larsen addresses some of the more intense complexities of grief with discernment and tenderness.

The first person narrative made the grief seem raw and personal. Annette Larsen’s characters are always genuine and well developed. Her portrayal of Ginny was unapologetic in her irrational responses making her feel authentic.

What she did with Alex’s character was just as impressive to me. He “didn’t have rock-hard muscles”, and he got “a little winded” carrying her, but he was empathetic and
Jenn
Sep 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh so swoon worthy! I have been eager to get my hands on this novella ever since learning that Miss Larsen was releasing another book. I read for 3 hours straight and ignored my house and children just because I couldn't put it down. Alex was amazing! Holy smokes my perma-grin was in place everytime he talked. Talk about a swoon worthy hero! 😍 I loved the plot and the idea of dealing with grief. It's important to remember everyone grieves in their own way. I understand the reason why this was ma ...more
Leah Feltner
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
There are a few authors who, no matter what genre they write in, I know I’ll love their books...that’s exactly the case with this author. Whether it be her series about princesses, or her suspense book, or this one, which deals with loss and grief, I know I will connect to her characters.
This novella is about Ginny, who is grieving the loss of her very best (guy) friend, and then accidentally starts texting a new guy, Alex. It was cute and sweet how their relationship started, and I liked seein
Krista
Oct 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sad but good.

As you can tell if you read the description of this book it's a sad one though thankfully not the whole time and not completely. I don't usually go for sad books but this intrigued me. I actually liked this book. I've lost people before and understand grief in a lot of ways so I understood and felt for Ginny. I thought the way things were handled as far as the writing was good. I loved Alex and I appreciated that although he was supportive and sympathetic it wasn't all rosy and the
Abi Wurdeman
Oct 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What I love most about Larsen's novella is the artful way she manages the subject of grief. You will feel things and you may cry, but the author has taken no shortcuts to get you there. This isn't a story about how tragic death is, and it's not about one character rescuing another. Rather, it's about the way our broken pieces threaten to make us less available to ourselves and to others, and it's an acknowledgment that no one can erase another person's grief, making the choice to show up anyway ...more
Sara (Alicorn Feathers)
I struggle with novellas so much. They can't take the time to really develop characters or layer the plot, and with this one I just never cared. And I didn't believe that the characters cared.

I had a few problems with the way the mourning was dealt with, and the things that were said about support systems, but most my negativity actually drew from the weak first chapter and the way the story never really recovered from it. Larsen's writing wasn't as well developed as it normally is, and I found
Erin
Sep 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.7 I love Annette's books.
So, I have a bad habit of not wanting to read the back or learn anything about the book beforehand, I just like to jump right in, so I was super taken back at the end of this book because I didn't know it was a novella! So, the ending was way too abrupt for me and it was my own fault. :) I love her characters as always and some of the deep truths shared in this novella. I am always left wanting more!!
Marisa
Mar 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Even though it wasn't one of my favorites of Larson's that won't deter me at all, I love her writing! I also did not know it was a novella so the ending was very abrupt and it was overall too short for me. I really liked the texting back and forth between the two characters in the beginning (creative idea) there were times when it left me wanting more character development but overall you really find yourself sucked into the book with her creative writing!!
Sherri
Sep 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So Sweet, So Sad

This novella was such a sweet sadness! Every time I start reading a book by Annette I remember why she is one of my favorites! Every time, I am hooked in the first page or two, which is a rare thing to find. this Is a novella, but it did not disappoint. It definitely left me wanting more, but it was so sweet. Alex is another hero that you love from the start! Well done!!
Nari
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This story caught my attention from the start. The heartbreak was so real and raw. Then the text messages come and the healing starts to happen. I loved the dialogue between Ginny and Alex. It was fun and the start of a great friendship and strong romance. I liked how real the characters were. The ending was a bit abrupt to me bet overall I loved the story.
Sara
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: got-in-2018, kindle
Novella. Easy to read. Easy to empathize with Ginny who lost her best friend in a car accident. Her texting was so sad, and when Alex started texting her back it was beautiful. Makes me want to meet a stranger through randomly texting old numbers. Just kidding. Not really. But this book makes it work.
Cynthia Southworth
Powerful

The author did a great job showing the ugly side of grief. The pain and the raw emotion that can rip apart a person who deals with grief alone. But also the beauty of strong friendships and family that can help someone lift up from the pain and feel whole again. I definitely recommend this book.
Rachael
Sep 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sweet love story

I love all of Annette K Larsen’s books. I wish this one was longer but only because I didn’t want it to end. The author creates wonderful, real, characters that the reader can relate to. The way she writes the grief Ginny is experiencing is gut wrenching. The chemistry between Alex and Ginny is sweet. Loved this book!
Bonnie
Aug 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a beautiful story and touched my heart. I have experienced loss and the way Larsen described Ginny’s emotions, thoughts, and actions really hit home. The characters are natural, fallible, and loveabke. I didn’t want it to end!
Sondra
Jan 19, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am not a fan 0f novellas, but did enjoy this book. It discribes the difficulty of going through grief. A cute connection of texting a phone to the wrong person and them texting back and having a relationship develop. It's a lot about healing and finding love in unexpected places.
Kristen Robison
Oct 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was a little nervous to read this book because of the recent death of my best friend. But it was Annette Larsen so how could I resist? Another well written book BUT WAY TOO SHORT. I didn't realize it was a novella.
Pascale
Sep 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It was perfect. I loved it. I was disappointed that I couldn’t get it on KU but I’m so glad I took a chance and bought it. Absolutely worth the price. Highly recommend it.
Sami
Sep 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5

The ending was a little too abrupt for my liking...
Cindy Steel
Sep 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Such a sweet and heartfelt book! Loved the unique storyline.
Maralee
Dec 03, 2018 rated it liked it
I was enjoying this book and then it ended!! I'm disappointed in the lack of closure. But it was a nice short read.
Cheri
Sep 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
It ended too soon, I wanted to keep reading. Losing her best friend put Ginny in a place that made her feel broken, texting his old number helped her to heal.
Jenny
Aug 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Broken pieces can apply to so many of life's challenges. This book helped me feel uplifted about one of my broken pieces- I just wanted more!
Tonya
Oct 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
Easy, short novella. Clean. Fun.
Jana
Jul 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book SO much. It is such an impressive mix of beautiful sorrow and beautiful joy. All of Annette Larsen's books have humor in them, even when dealing with heavy subject matter, and this one is actually one of the funniest of her books, while also dealing with the most sadness. I love the straightforward way the characters talk about and deal with grief, and I love the way the idea of being broken and then slowly repaired comes into play.
I always want to keep reading her books when t
« previous 1 3 next »
I was born in Utah, but migrated to Arizona, Missouri, and Virginia before settling in Idaho.

Though I dabbled in writing throughout school, being an author seemed like an unattainable dream. It took me seven years to write my first book, Just Ella. During that time, I taught myself how to write a novel. Not the most time effective method, but it gave me an education I wouldn’t have received from