Start by marking “Binding 13 (Boys of Tommen #1)” as Want to Read:
Binding 13 (Boys of Tommen #1)

Binding 13

(Boys of Tommen #1)

His first, last, and only true love has always been rugby.
Until now.

He wants to save her.
She wants to hide.

She's damaged.
He's determined.

Fate brought them together.
Love binds them.

Johnny Kavanagh has everything going for him. On the rugby pitch, he's a force to be reckoned with. Primed for stardom, he's heading straight for the top. Nothing can possibly get in his way, ri
Published July 24th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Binding 13, please sign up.
Chloe Walsh Yes, that's right. It's a long book <3 x…moreYes, that's right. It's a long book <3 x(less)

Start your review of Binding 13 (Boys of Tommen #1)
Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️
This was so, so good...

Excellent character building.
Excellent relationship building.
Just excellent all around.

I loved the Ireland backdrop and the prep school setting, not to mention all of the hard-hitting topics. I would gush more, but am short on time here.

I am also dying for the second book and pissed that I have to work 12+ hour days the next three days and will have no time to read it until Saturday. I don't know why I haven't read this author before, but am now adding her entire back-l
Bibi
Sep 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
You need this book in your life

Take a gang of young adults with loads of teenage angst
Add Rugby
Mix with uber-alpha Irish boys
Stir in sassy girls
Up the ante by tacking relevant social issues relating to bullying and physical abuse; and you get Binding 13.
An explosive story, about 17 yo Johnny Kavanagh and 16 yo Shannon Lynch, that I simply could not put down.

Thank you, Chloe Walsh!
FRTC
Arini
Dec 07, 2019 rated it really liked it

#1 Binding 13 — 4 Stars
#2 Keeping 13 — 4.5 Stars

I don’t know if I’m the only one thinking this, but that cover is too risqué and a blatant insult to the pure goodness that is this book. I can’t remember the last time I’m this enamored of a high school romance. But I’m telling you now that this is the best yet most frustrating book I’ve ever read.

This book will slay you! It’s a story about family, friendship, first love, hopes and dreams, as well as the struggles of dealing with the fallout o
mel ☽
it’s been a long time since I’ve read a book where i don’t want it to end.

i was expecting this book to be the typical high school romance where jock meets shy girl and ya it kinda is but it’s definitely much more. i love books that focuses on the characters, friendships, relationships and family dynamics and this book has all of it. tbh, i wasn’t gonna read this book but the rating is so high and i was curious and all but i’m so glad i did.

ALSO, i wasn’t expecting this book to have a Mariana Za
EmBibliophile
Mar 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars
5 ‘Bulldozer’ stars

I’m a grown twenty something years old woman and I’m blushing and swooning over a high school romance. Ugh I need to get a life!
This book made me react weirdly. I swear I couldn’t recognize myself. It made me feel a lot of things. It made me laugh, cry, frustrated the hell out of me, and made me freakin swoon. I was a mess. It’s just so cute, adorable, and relevant.

I loved every single one of these characters. Every. Single. One. These characters are so real to me. I feel lik
Phuong ✯
Mariana Zapata: Hi, my name is Mariana Zapata and what you should know about me is that I write super long slowburn romances.
Chloe Walsh: hold my fucking beer.
Chloe Walsh:*goes on to write a highschool-coming-of-age story that is over 800+ pages long where all the H and h do is kiss for like maybe 3 times and it's glorious*

I'd love to write a review for this, but

1. my emotions are all over the place right now after that cliffhanger. What the hell???

2. I have other things to do like start the s
Mali Mor ❤️ The Romantic Blogger
tenor-3

I know I'm in the minority, but I didn't like this book. 😬
It felt like nothing is fucking happening! (and this is a duet, for God's sake!!!)
Yes, there were some totally swoon worthy and heartbreaking parts, but most of the time I was completely bored. 🙈
I liked that the narrators had an Irish accent (although it took me a few chapters to figure out what the male narrator was saying... lol) 😂
Bookadmirer
Sep 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Do you ever read a book that's really long but you don't feel like it was long or filled with unnecessary fillers because you enjoyed the whole book. This is that kind of book.

I enjoyed every bit of it.

Bee
3.5 STARS

I feel like I'm the black sheep yet again when it comes to certain books. I just realised that most of my mutuals/friends had rated this book 5 stars or so, so I do advice taking my review with a grain of salt. I had seen this book circulating in Goodreads for some while, and after an excruciating book slump, I decided to pick it up. A 800 paged book. Which took me about a week or two to finish. But finish it I did! Whaddya know, right?

But I digress. Back to the book. Which I liked. A l
Sophie "Beware Of The Reader"
Review to come with Keeping 13 because I just have to know what will happen!

Whoever recommended this book to me (Sarah J Pena I blame YOU!) is responsible for this mess because I have ARCs to read and review but I am just ADDICTED!!!!

Oh well I guess I'll have to read late at night to meet my commitments (Sleep? Who said we need sleep? Pfew.)

PS Chloe Walsh you are now on my radar Lady!
 ❦Oumaima❦
Jul 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, 5-stars
ARE.YOU.SHITTING.ME?!!!!!!!

What is this book and where the hell has it been hiding all my life?!

Warning: this review is very long and full of my messy thoughts and fangirling at 7am. So proceed with caution.

Binding 13 deserves all the stars in the world and some more!
I’m absolutely shocked at how raw, intense and REAl this book was.

I seriously feel like no amount of gushing or fangirling about how EPIC this book is, will do it justice. But i will try anyways, because if even one person reads my
Samantha Schwerin
Aug 21, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 1-star, dnf, ugh
This is THE most FRUSTRATING book I have read this year.

-The plot goes round and round in circles, repeating itself every other chapter. For example: plot happens in chapter 3...chapters 4 and 5 revolve around Shannon and Johnny relaying said plot in chapter 3 to their friends. NOTHING HAPPENS. It's like 1 step forward and two steps in place. I can literally skip entire chapters and still get the gist of what happens. By like the 40% point, the two main characters have had hardly any interactio
Ria
Aug 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
I cannot remember the last time a book kept me up until 5 am reading.....

This was such an interesting read for me, going in I had really high expectations because of the reviews and I’m actually not disappointed ( shockingly lol ).

Full RTC soon.....I feel like I need to finish the series before I give an overall rating but going into book 2 it’s definitely 4 stars for me so far.

Y’all know I’m picky as fuck, yes certain things annoyed me but I had too much fun with the characters to pick the book
Maida»-(¯`v´¯)-»
RATING: 5++ “Boom, Boom, F*cking Boom” HEARTS! <3

Binding 13 is a heart-achingly beautiful read, sweetly romantic, tinged with sadness but also with tremendous hope as the strength of the bond between our protagonists deepens with every secret shared, promise made, and tragedy triumphed.

Both Shannon and Johnny are made of courage, resilience, and so much unpretentious warmth that it is extraordinarily easy to find ourselves rooting for their happily ever after no matter the turbulent journey.

Wh
Carla Bulian
Feb 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED THIS BOOK!!!!
Nana
Oct 08, 2020 marked it as no-thank-u-pass
THAT NUMBER OF PAGES IN THIS GENRE IT'S NOT MY CUP OF TEA, SO.. ...more
Kim
I enjoyed this long ass book so much! (Almost 900 pages people, NINE HUNDRED). I don’t think I’ve ever read that many pages in just a week, more or less.

Johnny is... -dreamy sigh- and how he is with Shannon (like the river) is.... -dreamy siiiiiiigh- <3

She has such a shitty life and that big Neanderthal just wants to protect her and keep her safe, no matter what the cost. I’ve seen a few reviews stating she’s very immature and doesn’t stand up for herself but honestly, she’s only 16 and had the
Lori Rowe
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ten stars

Wow. I don’t even know how to begin to tell you how much I loved this book. I loved that it was so long. I loved that I got lost in a whole other world. There is nothing remotely negative I could say about Binding 13. I was having a bad day and this book made me laugh when I felt like I couldn’t laugh anymore. Binding 13 will have a special place in my heart forever. I almost wish it was longer. There were some moments that really will stay with me for a long time. All these characters
Paula White
Jul 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favourites
This was a great start to a new series. I loved the relationship build up between Johnny and Shannon. He tried to stop it but it was meant to be sigh. Shannon - poor Shannon what a life she has led so unfair. That ending! Need the next book. Shout out to the supporting characters - they were great and Gibsie was so funny - what a great friend to have.
Izzy ♡ boom, boom, fucking boom
Boom, boom, fucking BOOM. 500+ pages and I still didn't want it to end!!!

(Most of my feelings about this book will probably be in my review for Keeping 13 so this'll be short.)
Oh my gosh, this was the slowessssttt of slow burn- AND IT HURT SO GOOOOOD. I loved just following these amazing people around high school, loved listening to their random ass conversations that make you think 'is this conversation necessary?'- and they are, because it's funny as heck and just shows that these are normal p
KC Leigh
I don’t think I can go back to normal life yet after finishing this epic story! I don’t think I can move on from these characters! How can I even contemplate reading another book when I feel like this? I just want to read this one over and over again until I memorize every single word. The book hangover is real y’all and this time it’s MASSIVE.

description

If it was possible to rate this book higher than 5 stars, I would, because all the other books that I’ve previously rated 5 stars have now been put to sha
Rachael*Caribbean*girl*bibliophile
Spoilers ahead 3.5*

I'm heading immediately to book 2 so just random thoughts

While thus was very well written and emotional it was too long and so featured the rehashing of the same themes over and over again
I'm not a YA reader but I really enjoyed this one
Johnny was wonderfully protective of Shannon BUT he blew hot and cold wayyyyyyy too much
Shannon suffered horrific bullying all her life AND brutal physical abuse by her father which we lived through. My heart broke for her, I'd have liked her t
Nova B
Jul 19, 2020 rated it it was ok
I’ve tried this series before but I couldn’t get thru it. But decided to try again. (I never do this) but I though all the high ratings I had to push thru. But Omg 😳 I couldn’t with this book. Like seriously 😒 soooo long and nothing and I mean nothing happened. I can’t continue. I really tried. I went to chapter 46 I was almost at the end of this and still nothing at the end of it. I got into It at the beginning🥺, I shed tears and all. I loved Gibsie he made the book for me. He’s not even the he ...more
Ezinwanyi Chinyere
Shannon and Johnny gave me all the feels

HOLY COW! The angst meter in this book of off the charts. And there was NO Sex!!!
I must say I quickly jumped into the sequel Keeping 13: Boys of Tommen, because this one ended in a cliffhanger. I had to because this book gripped me like my life depended on it.

The book followed a young high school girl named Shannon who had to change school for the umpteenth time because of severe bullying. I mean violence was committed against this girl by her peers on a r
michayla
Aug 06, 2020 rated it really liked it

i don’t think i’ve taken this long to read a book since year 11 english. (grading system is different in australia - just know it was a long time ago lol)

anyway, i reallllly wanted to love this. i really did. i’ve only heard good things about it. but i think it could have been considerably cut down in length. don’t get me wrong, i love a good slowburn romance but there was too much repetitiveness & i found myself straying & putting it off.

that said i loved the storyline. johnny & sha
Maia
One Word - avoid.
You keep waiting for the plot to progress but it never does.
There's fast paced books.
There's slow burn books.
Then there's this, pretend slow burn books.
Books that pretend to be slow burn but are actually stuck on first gear, refusing to move forward.

An actual slow burn would progress from first to second to third to fourth gear.
This book was stuck on the slow lane refusing to engage in plot , stuck in the lead characters head, their endless thought bubbles.

Balance is key.

Plus E
HMS
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I don't think I've cried that much while reading EVER! Thank goodness I had the conclusion, Keeping Thirteen. I wanted to hug Shannon so hard and that ending absolutely wrecked me.

description

And Johnny, oh God when he finds out about Shannon and her secret.

Siobhan Davis
Aug 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: on-my-kindle, bought
Incredible. Can't wait for the next book. ...more
Ashleyjayne
Apr 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Chloe Walsh is a favourite author of mine and I’m currently in the process of reviewing all her books but I thought I would start with binding13 and keeping13 which is the boys of tomman series.

When I seen Chloe Walsh had brought these out I was quick to buy and devoured them , I literally couldn’t stop reading them when I finished my first thoughts were just WOW!!! How the hell am I going to read these??? Well I’ve waited abit for reviewing them as I just couldn’t get my thoughts together, I th

• The Maddest Obsession (Made, #2)
  • The Darkest Temptation (Made #3)
  • Playing with Fire
  • The Not-Outcast
  • Rich Prick
  • The Sweetest Oblivion (Made, #1)
  • Fake It 'Til You Break It
  • Fumbled Hearts (Tender Hearts #1)
  • Heartache and Hope (Heartache Duet, #1)
  • Boys of Brayshaw High (Brayshaw, #1)
  • Dear Ava
  • The Favor
  • Heartless (The Privileged of Pembroke High, #1)
  • Aiden (A Next Generation Carter Brother #2)
  • Out of Love
  • Make Your Move (Hannaford Prep #2)
  • Untameable (Haven Falls #3)
  • At the Buzzer (The Ballers of Rockport High, #3)
International bestselling author Chloe Walsh writes heart wrenching, emotionally gripping, young and new adult fiction. Her books will suck you into deeply emotive storylines, where you'll fall in love with the complex, sexy heroes, hilarious sidekicks, and lovable female leads. Every adventure with Chloe is an angsty plot designed to give you the ultimate book hangover.

Chloe hails from a small t

Boys of Tommen (4 books)
  • Keeping 13 (Boys of Tommen, #2)
  • Saving 6 (Boys of Tommen #3)
  • Claiming 10 (Boys of Tommen #4)

News & Interviews

“Boom, boom, fucking boom, Da. I'm done for...” 4 likes
“I hated humans.
They were such a disappointment.
And to think, god switched dinosaurs for man.
He must be raging.”