Start by marking “Chosen Ones (The Chosen Ones, #1)” as Want to Read:
Chosen Ones (The Chosen Ones, #1)

Chosen Ones

(The Chosen Ones #1)

The first novel written for an adult audience by the mega-selling author of the Divergent franchise: five twenty-something heroes famous for saving the world when they were teenagers must face even greater demons—and reconsider what it means to be a hero . . . by destiny or by choice.

A decade ago near Chicago, five teenagers defeated the otherworldly enemy known as the
Expected publication: April 7th 2020 by John Joseph Adams/Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (first published April 6th 2020)

Start your review of Chosen Ones (The Chosen Ones, #1)
Frank-Intergalactic Bookdragon
After the train wreck Allegiant and skipping Carve the Mark this better be good, I still have faith in Veronica Roth because Divergent (and only book one) was so good
Nenia ⚡ Aspiring Evil Overlord ⚡ Campbell
Nov 22, 2019 marked it as will-read-if-cheap-or-freebie
Not really sure what authors making it big with YA books before switching to the more prestigious genre of adult fiction says about how authors view the YA genre...
Angelica
Apr 04, 2019 marked it as to-read
i want it!!!!!!!

but I also fear I won't like it. Veronica Roth's books tend to start great and go downhill fast for me.
ex. Allegiant. That was a mess.
♠️ TABI ♠️
YA authors branching into adult writing has either been THE BEST THING EVER or a complete disaster

either way I'm usually always here for it
Tucker
Oct 02, 2019 marked it as not-released-tbr
Shelves: most-anticipated
holy mother of god... this cover is ugly
Milkah, The Grumpy Reader (I'm Really Always Angry)
Ummmm this actually sounds really really cool?!
Jose Guevara
Aug 14, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: maybe-books
VERONICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SHE IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLS TELL ME THIS WILL BE PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
kenzie ⎊
Apr 09, 2019 marked it as to-read
i’m ready to cry, this sounds so good
Sam
Jul 25, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2020
A NEW VERONICA ROTH BOOK YES AND IT SOUNDS REALLY COOL!

Kit  Walker
Oct 12, 2019 marked it as to-read
THIS COVER!!!!!!! AAAAA ALREADY OBSSESSED WITH IT.
LITERALLY ME RIGHT NOW
description
Shay
Oct 24, 2019 marked it as to-read
I'll try this because she hasn't written much since Allegiant. I'll give her a chance to redeem herself.
Ian Darko
Jul 25, 2018 marked it as to-read
More Veronica Roth? Sign me the fuck up!
rachelwrites007
May 08, 2019 marked it as to-read
This is basically the last book of Animorphs and I am totally here for it
Janet
Dec 07, 2019 rated it really liked it

When it is snowy and cold outside, superspeed readers like me can read 150 - 200+ pages/hour, so yes, I have read the book … and many more today. LOL

From the publisher, as I do not repeat the contents or story of books in reviews, I let them do it as they do it better than I do .

The first novel written for an adult audience by the
Nicole
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019, arc
Five Stars! Roth does it again! This novel grabs you from the first few sentences and doesn’t let go, on the bumpy, fast paced ride all the way through to the end.

The Chosen Ones were teenagers when they defeated the Dark One. It’s been ten years and the 5 of them have spent the past decade trying to move beyond (or still revel in) the battle that saved Earth and made them famous. Some are still wrestling with their own demons while others seem to have moved on.

They gather to celebrate the
Abigail
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 I am so thankful to have received an arc of this novel from HMH to read. This was a whirlwind novel from beginning to end, and I loved it. I loved that it took what has become somewhat of a typical YA dystopian trope-- the hero teens take down some dark force and save the world-- and turned it upside down. I loved the fact that we were never with the characters as kids-- it was all fast-forwarded to ten years later, when they were beginning to be nicely lodged in adulthood. I loved how the ...more
Meghan
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library
This book was received as an ARC from John Joseph Adams/Houghton Mifflin Harcourt in exchange for an honest review. Opinions and thoughts expressed in this review are completely my own.

I am a huge fan of Veronica Roth and her books such as the Divergent series and Carve the Mark but this one took me to a place like no other. I thrills off the edge of my seat reading about The Dark One and The Chosen Ones not just for their battle against the Dark One but how they coped with the after effects of
Susie
Dec 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Well, she did it again! I mean, Come ON!
Amazing premise, characters that are both flawed and, therefore, flawlessly-wrought, staying true to her love of Chicago, messing with my mind scientifically, throws in some magic, then LOTS more magic, and, well, DAMN! It's all very very good. Very good.

My only question is why this is so categorically referred to as an adult read. I mean, most of the folks involved spend lots of time talking about/reliving/making up for stuff from their youth. And I
Kristi Gibbs
Nov 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a fantastic book that I literally did not put down. I am not a Divergent fan and never have been, so I was a little hesitant to begin this novel, even though it sounded good on Netgalley. I am so glad I took the chance because wow!
The description hooked me from the beginning because I thought it might have some Harry Potter parallels that would be interesting to a HP fan. This book stands alone, while creating a world and characters that managed to suck me in and keep me there. It’s
Meagan Waldrep
Dec 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was skeptical when I started this book and realized it was all taking place years after the great battle of their lives. All I wanted to do was go back and read a prequel. However, the past was nicely tied to the present through excellent pacing and writing. Everything came together! There was a unique take on magic use along with some cool stuff on multiverses and things I won't spoil. The characters also had a level of depth that I enjoyed.
Stela  Loryn
Oct 24, 2019 marked it as to-read
I devoured the Divergent series, I feel like I'm one of the only few who read and and enjoyed both Carve the Mark and Fates Divide. From series 1 to series 2 I have felt like Roth's writing has grown and matured and I can't wait to see what she brings to the table for Chosen Ones!!
Kara Jonson
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was excellent. I really didn't know what to expect going into it but the premise caught my attention. I was pleasantly surprised and couldn't put this book down. Now I want the next book, and this one isn't even out yet. Awesome job, VR! Thank you NetGalley for the digital advanced copy.
Jenne
Dec 12, 2019 marked it as didnt-finish
Shelves: arc
I liked the first part, where they are just dealing with normal life that is never really going to be normal after having SAVED THE WORLD...but then they have to go save another world? and this is just the first in a series? I'm too tired.
Pam
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-reads
WOW! Loved this book. Such complex worlds that Roth has created! The characters and their backstories have beautiful depth. And I was on the edge of my seat from start to finish. She has another winner with this one. Can't wait for the next installment!!
Lucien Welsh
Oct 08, 2019 marked it as to-read
I am not a fan of Roth's work, but the closeness to DC's Identity Crisis has me intrigued.
Phoebe Jeziel
Nov 04, 2019 marked it as to-read
Ok but a story about 25 years olds?? AKA MY AGE???? This is rare Roth, please let this be good!!!!!
Morgan Leigh
Dec 06, 2019 marked it as to-read
I have been on a super hero kick after reading Supernova and this sounds like just the thing I need.
Dark Lordette Jennymort ♔
Dec 09, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2020-release
lets see how much this is going to roll over.

hopefully it won't be like divergent. *shrugs*
Hillary
Dec 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
The pacing was good, or perhaps, if I'm feeling generous, excellent. A couple of the little surprises weren't altogether surprising, but it was still fun to watch them play out.
Mike
Dec 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Probably one of my favorite reads this year. This is a fascinating take on fantasy that examines the psychological cost of being a titular Chosen One.
rating? 1 6 Sep 04, 2019 09:57AM

• American Dirt
  • The Southern Book Club's Guide to Slaying Vampires
  • The Monster of Elendhaven
  • Outfox
  • Wayward Son (Simon Snow, #2)
  • Life Before Legend (Legend, #0.5)
  • Guide to The Hunger Games
  • 13 Reasons Why: Original Screenplay
  • The Rise of Magicks (Chronicles of The One, #3)
  • Ali Cross
  • The Beautiful (The Beautiful, #1)
  • Christmas Angels
  • The Honey-Don't List
  • Wrapped Up for Christmas
  • Made Things
  • The Girl with the Louding Voice
  • Imaginary Friend
  • Revival, Vol. 3: A Faraway Place
Veronica Roth is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of Carve the Mark and the Divergent Series (Divergent, Insurgent, Allegiant, and Four: A Divergent Collection). Her short stories and essays have appeared in Summer Days and Summer Nights, Shards and Ashes, and the upcoming Three Sides of a Heart. The Divergent Series was developed into three major motion pictures.

Veronica grew up outside

The Chosen Ones (2 books)
  • Untitled (Chosen Ones, #2)