Start by marking “The Wedding from Hell (The Wedding From Hell, #1-3; Firefighters, #0.5-0.7)” as Want to Read:
The Wedding from Hell (The Wedding From Hell, #1-3; Firefighters, #0.5-0.7)

The Wedding from Hell

(The Wedding From Hell #1-3)

#1 New York Times bestselling author J.R. Ward’s The Wedding From Hell is an exclusive three-part bind-up prequel to her upcoming standalone suspense novel Consumed and takes us back to where it all started between arson investigator Anne Ashburn and ‘bad boy’ firefighter Danny Maguire. The Wedding From Hell is a sexy standalone novel that sets up Consumed’s storyline, lea ...more
Audiobook, 100 pages
Published August 28th 2018 by Simon Schuster Audio

To ask other readers questions about The Wedding from Hell, please sign up.

Start your review of The Wedding from Hell (The Wedding From Hell, #1-3; Firefighters, #0.5-0.7)
Being a reader who loved Consumed, I found this extensive prologue unecessary. It starts the character development process and sets the tone for relationship dynamics and firefighter work ethic, but if you’ve already read Consumed you’ll likely find this pretty pointless.

100% for readers who are considering starting this series. Basically, if this prologue interests you in any way, you’ll likely enjoy the book.
Sophia Triad
May 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Rehearsal Dinner

Besides writing about sexy vampires, J.R. Ward apparently can also write about sexy fire fighters.
I loved the beginning of Anne and Danny's story.

The Reception

Second snippet
for the Wedding from hell (that nobody cares about) and
for the love story between Danny and Anne (that most probably everyone will care about at the fire-station when they learn about it)

He wanted her naked. Now.
He wanted in her. Now.
He wanted... everything from her.
Now.

Anne was not ready to give everyth
Dina
May 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio, 2019-reads
5+++ Stars!!

Together, just more delicious!
Dina
May 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-reads
5++ stars!!

Love this baby! <3
Joel
Jun 11, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
A boring prequel that doesn't excites me for its sequel

This is a 2-parts short-story.
The first part was ok, at best. The second part was very boring except (...)

Ward's writing is good. I can't deny that. She does know how to write a good prose and she does know how to write a good (...)

This is a short story so we can't talk about character development but I can tell I want to read more about Danny because I'm curious about how is he when he's not near Anne.
Yet, I think I'm not reading the who
Barbara
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a quick and fun read. I really liked Anne and Danny and their connection. It was quite exciting and teasing, I love it!

I'm looking forward to Consumed.
Cyndi Marie ☆★Audiobook Addict★☆
🎧 Audio Review 🎧

I guess I should have read the summary before starting this because if I had known what it was I would have waited for the 1st book in the series. With that said, I love the idea of this series and I know it's going to be great! This "prequel" is very different and kind of a build up for whats to come but I have to say.... HUGE CLIFFHANGER... like it just cuts off mid-sentence. I'll be impatiently waiting for Consumed and hoping its a full size book.

The narration really wasn't fo
TinaMarie
Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
b.andherbooks
I listened to this prequel "novella" (more like short story) because I loved Consumed so much. It wasn't really necessary but I thought why not. Basically, we get to see in action the events that led to Danny and Anne first sleeping together, which is alluded to at the beginning of Consumed.

It was okay and the parts with Danny and Anne together were hot, I just wanted less with the helping a "prostitute" and her pimp, less of the philandering Deandra, and basically if you haven't read Consumed d
Keri
May 2020
Audiobook
3 Stars - I liked it

This is basically a long prologue giving us background and history for the main characters of Consumed. After listening to this, I'm interested enough to want to see what happens with Anne & Danny. This is a 3 part setup and the 3rd part ends on a cliffhanger!

*see my tags

Update: After reading the main book, Consumed, I would recommend reading parts 1 & 2 of this prequel, but then skip part 3 and go straight into Consumed. Part 3 is basically part of the openi
Christina
May 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
I started Consumed and felt a bit lost, so I back-tracked and listened to this one on Audible. It is a cute little story. My husband is a firefighter, so I know Moose cannot have a beard. LOL. But just like all of Ward's books, you want to know more about the couple! So onto Consumed. I've read the BDB series (twice) so it is interesting to hear the familiar elements of Ward in non-supernatural characters. ...more
Ronnae Stately
Dec 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
So now that I’ve gotten the back story to Consumed I feel like everything makes sense now. Still lost on why anyone would marry Deandre cause she is a complete bitch. But I guess Moose stepped into and couldn’t find his way out. I want tell you what goes down in Consumed but believe me you definitely need to read it to finish the story with Anne and Danny.
Amy
Oct 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.5 rounded up to 4. I would be willing to read Consumed, as this collection of short stories/novella/whatever was basically an introduction to see if it was worth spending time on. Of course, they included the start of the book with a definite "cliffhanger" end to entice people. Although I would survive without knowing, this seems to have potential, but the bar is not that high in the genre. ...more
Erin
Nov 02, 2018 rated it it was ok
This was ok but I really felt like it was just a really long prologue. I guess that was the point. To set up this new series. It was ok but very predictable. I hope the new series goes better than this novella did.
Mel
Feb 11, 2019 rated it liked it
I didn’t love Wedding From Hell, but I did like it enough to move on to the first full-length novel in the series, Consumed. Here’s hoping it’s better than I’m expecting. Upside? It’s borrowed from the library, so it’s free.
Elyse
Steamy prequel to Consumed. It should've just been included in the book because it's a pretty necessary prequel. You need that tension and build-up before reading the book. Though the rest of the story, the wedding and bride and groom and bachelor party, I could do without. A better setup is needed for these two to get together. ...more
Perrin Larton
Oct 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow...I loved this prequel for the new Firefighters Series by J.R. Ward. Fabulous background information on how Ann Ashburn and Danny Maguire get involved with each other and how their relationship is moving forward. Then the unthinkable happens!
Veronica Rivera
So this novella is definitely longer than 0 pages
Actually it was about 70 to be sure. A quick read, good way to start Consumed, but really could have been added to the actual book rather than be a stand alone.
Anne
Aug 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars Holy Moly!!
Suzan
Sep 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was an excerpt from the book and it has me really wanting the full book right now! It stops on a real cliff-hanger moment!!
Ana
Sep 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Part 3 of the novella series leading up to Consumed (which is coming soon) ended on an amazing cliffhanger...can't wait for the book!! ...more
MissBleuu
Sep 12, 2018 rated it liked it
This cliffhanger is something...
book_luv_r
Sep 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: novella
Meh. Not sure I’ll finish this series. No idea why there needs to be a few prequels before the actual book. Get on with it already.
Carrie Miller
Just not my favorite JR Ward series
Ilene
Aug 18, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Too short

Nice little intro into Danny and Anne, but not worth the $ It should be free. If you don’t read it you really aren’t missing anything. Sorry.
Bethany Platte
Jul 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Definitely a page turner. I couldn't put it down. I will add more later. ...more
Jeannette Mazur
Jul 14, 2020 rated it liked it
I mean, it was okay. It was a nice prequel, but there wasn't enough details (I get it, it's a novella). I've read some amazing novellas, and this missed the mark by a lot. Still pretty okay. ...more

• The Moorehouse Legacy Complete Collection (The Moorehouse Legacy, #1-4)
  • Verwoben in Liebe (Stolen, #1)
  • Redemption (Cattenach Ranch, #1)
  • The Billionaire Next Door
  • A Man in a Million (The Moorehouse Legacy #4)
  • Beauty and the Black Sheep (The Moorehouse Legacy, #1)  (Callie/Grace/Walker Brothers/Moorehouse series, #4)
  • Someone to Stay (Someone, #3)
  • His Comfort and Joy (The Moorehouse Legacy, #2)  (Callie/Grace/Walker Brothers/Moorehouse series, #5)
  • From the First (The Moorehouse Legacy, #3)  (Callie/Grace/Walker Brothers/Moorehouse series, #6)
  • New Dreams (Green Valley Love #3)
  • An Ocean Between Us (Between Us, #1)
  • It was always you (Blakely Brüder, #1)
  • Madly (In Love #2)
  • Truly (In Love #1)
  • Sister of the Stars: Von Runen und Schatten (HexenSchwesternSaga, #1)
  • Beta Hearts (Neon Birds, #3)
  • When We Dream (LOVE NXT, #1)
  • Schattenblick (Midnight Chronicles #1)
J.R. Ward is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of numerous novels, including the Black Dagger Brotherhood series. She lives in the South her family.

The Wedding From Hell (3 books)
  • The Rehearsal Dinner (The Wedding From Hell, #1; Firefighters, #0.5)
  • The Reception (The Wedding From Hell, #2; Firefighters, #0.6)
  • Exclusive Excerpt of Consumed (The Wedding From Hell, #3; Firefighters, #0.7)