Start by marking “The Guy in the Middle (The Underdogs, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Guy in the Middle (The Underdogs, #3)

The Guy in the Middle

(The Underdogs #3)

I was born to play and bred to win.

With one last college season to play, my goal was singular—get drafted. By realizing my NFL dream, I could save my family, our ranch, and the only home I’d ever known.

Two birds, one ball.

Pla
Published February 29th 2020

To ask other readers questions about The Guy in the Middle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Guy in the Middle

Start your review of The Guy in the Middle (The Underdogs, #3)
Christy
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5 stars

photo 0F34420B-BFFF-44F5-A887-EE5DFB1F9FDA_zpscjmve0e4.png

What an epic way to end The Underdogs series. Every book in this series has been a five star favorite for me and this was no exception. After reading the first part of this story in the 'Team Player' anthology, I was chomping at the bit to get to this. It was everything I wanted and more. Lance and Harper stole my heart. I loved this book so much!

Harper and Lance meet in college. Lance is a football player but also loves boxing. He uses as an outlet, as he’s got a lot going on in hi
chan ☆
Jun 15, 2020 added it
Shelves: sports, new-adult, dnf
hopefully my first and last kate stewart dnf

it is always pretty painful to admit when one of your faves' books doesn't work for you. and as i was deciding that this book's plot wasn't really working for me, the stereotypes popped up.

the jewish stereotype, the gay best friend stereotype, and the oversexualized latino stereotype. why why why. no reason for it.

i understand that indie published books don't undergo the same editing process but i really don't know how these glaring issues could wind u
Bibi
Apr 01, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I tried. Truly, I did, however, the world is plenty depressing enough as it is without compounding it with a book that’s excessively angsty for no justifiable reason. Also, Stewart’s depiction of Rene’s character is....whoa. Do better. DNF @27%.
Arini
Mar 05, 2020 rated it really liked it

#1 The Guy on the Right — 4 Stars
#2 The Guy on the Left — 4.5 Stars
#3 The Guy in the Middle — 4.5 Stars

Lance Prescott definitely takes the cake! And my heart with him.

The first book had me impressed bcs I didn’t realize this author could write a simple yet totally unique love story to be full of heart and humor. The second one I loved mostly bcs I have a soft spot for little rascals and their adorableness. But in this one, Lance Prescott owns my heart.

This book is broken down into three part
mel ☽
"Our stories stemmed from the same place, intertwined, and wouldn't be what they are if it weren't for each other."

OH MY GOD. that epilogue.
wow. just, wow. it made me so sentimental and sad at the same time because i need more from these characters. but honestly? that epilogue (especially Theo's pov) was the perfect ending for this series that i couldn't be happier.

i've been waiting for Lance's story since Theo's book mainly because he was the silent, brooding type of H and that personality
EmBibliophile
Mar 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars

“What if this moment, right here, is the moment that changes your life?”

What a book to end the series with! Lance and Harper’s story was so heartwarming, fun, angsty, emotional, and so relatable. What started as an angry meet cute turned into an undeniable attraction that evolved to a great first love story. Certain circumstances forced them to separate just to try and find their way back to each other.

I loved both Lance and Harper. They were both so real and so freakin relatable. I lov
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
5 Stars!
(ARC provided by author/ Wordsmith Publicity)

-“What if this moment, right here, is the moment that changes your life?”

photo 95789F66-7AA5-4BB6-9B8D-BFD9FECECF5C_zpst0rswdck.jpg

Lance Prescott attends Texas Grand University in College Station, Texas where he plays football. He’s a loner who keeps to himself and works on his goals for the future. His family and football are all that matters, and he has to put all his focus on doing what it takes to get drafted into the NFL. Then he’s thrown a curveball that turns his entire world upside down.
Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth

THEMES & TROPES: Second Chance, Bullying
RATING: ALL OF THE STARS
CLIFFHANGER: Yes

READ MY REVIEW ON THE BLOG

What if this moment, right here, is the moment that changes your life?

I reviewed the first part of THE GUY IN THE MIDDLE last October - it was released as a novella as part of the Team Player 2 anthology. I was not happy with the cliffhanger but I kn
Hulya Kara Yuksel
Feb 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing

OMG I'm sooooo happy right now. I literally devoured this book since last night. :) It was so good and that epilogue was super sweet!!! I'm still smiling when I think about it. (^_^)

Ahhh I loved this series so much and I highly recommend them to you. <3

Ps. Ms.Stewart, I'm a huge fan of your works. Thank you so much for my ARC. <3
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
5 STARS
I’ve spent enough time denying myself. It’s time to fight for what I want.

WOW.
Talk about ending the series with a bang. This book was EVERYTHING. I don't even have the words for just how much I loved it. Beautifully written, brimming with emotion, full of passion, and layered in angst, this was one of the most satisfying second chance romances I've read in a while.
Loving Lance has always meant embracing his demons. Two years ago, we were able to keep them at bay. That
Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****FIVE++++++++ STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

”What if this moment, right here, is the moment that changes your life?”

FINALLY!! It’s been a LONG five months wait to get Lance & Harper’s COMPLETE story and it was so worth the agony! I love angsty sports romances and Kate Stewart took the angst to an almost unbearably painful level, but oh, was it the best kind of torture! Lance and Harper are two book characters you will find it hard not to love with all of your hearts. Their
Malene
Lance Prescott and Harper Elliott. They are each other’s opposites and they but heads immediately leaving no doubts of their tantalizing chemistry. Harper is not a woman to hold back when she’s got something to say. She’s a fighter. Lance is the introvert that keeps to himself and takes on so much more than is necessary for a guy his age. He’s all about his family.
TGITM is the book that has a little of everything. Enemies to lovers, some great laughs and to top it all of a second chance that wil
Kate Stewart
Feb 27, 2020 is currently reading it  ·  (Review from the author)
★☆★ 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐆𝐮𝐲 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐢𝐝𝐝𝐥𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐋𝐈𝐕𝐄 𝐄★☆★ ⁣

Universal link: http://mybook.to/TheGuyInTheMiddle

Get ready for... 🩰—A second chance love story between a baller/boxer and a dancer. 🥊—A little bit forbidden. 🩰—A little bit frenemies to lovers 🥊—𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒. 🥊🩰—And a whole lot of steam.⁣

Blurb:⁣

I was born to play and bred to win.⁣

My priorities were instilled in me early on—family and football. Those ideals led me to TGU and a coach whose ironclad principles mirrored my own.⁣

With one last college
lazybookconqueror
Feb 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cant-wait, arc, omg
“You gave me a love story, a real love story, even if it doesn’t have the ending I was hoping for.”
“It doesn’t have to end.”

4.5 Stars

The Guy in the Middle is a second-chance romance about Lance and Harper. Although this is sort of a standalone, I wholeheartedly recommend you to read the first two books in the Underdogs series prior to this. It will just make everything more colorful and the payoff so much better. Also, all these three books are nothing short of amazing, and one of the best comp
Alba and Her Secrets..♥
5+ 'One breath, one step at a time' Stars!
ARC provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.

Holy hell. Kate Stewart has done it freaking again! I could not wait a second longer to read this when I got the ARC because I’ve been impatiently waiting ever since finishing the tease we had in the Team Player 2 anthology. Lance and Harper’s story already looked EPIC by then and Kate has taken it to the next level with the full length novel. Get ready for the finale of this series because you’
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars-2020
Just read the full-length version that releases on 29th February. Man-O-Man are you prepared for Lance and Harper? Once again, Kate Stewart knocks it out the park. #theunderdogsarecomplete #savingthebesttilllast #grandboysaregrand #bestillmybeatingheart

FULL REVIEW TO COME!!

“You take the field. I’m going to go take the stage.”

OMG!! If you thought Theo and Laney were fantastic, you wait till you read about Lance and Harper. OMG, my heart is just mush for these two.

“I don’t need
Jessica  (Angie & Jessica's Dreamy Reads)
Omgggggg, this was THE BEST EVERRRRRR. A TKO. Rounds and rounds of sparring, jabs, festering wounds and emotional haymakers. The Guy in the Middle follows a fighter and a dancer as they maneuver through an achingly beautiful bout of push and pull while delivering combination punches straight to the heart. This is a story rich with heartache and defeats, unexpected victories and a relentless barrage of phantom gut punches. It's a true underdog tale that dragged me through an emotional ringer leav ...more
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog
Feb 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
4-4,5 stars

Omg this was fantastic, the beginning was so good that I was hooked!I enjoyed it a lot, it has a great romance!The Guy in the Middle was heartwarming,intense with a hot and intense romance.

description

Lance and Harper were hot together. They have such a great chemistry, I was swooning with these two.They were the main reason I loved this book.They were so addictive, their scenes together were super intense and sensual!

I highly recommend it to everyone!

NMmomof4
4 Stars

Overall Opinion: That was a pleasant surprise!! I liked the concept that the h wasn’t perfect looking to go along with the H. I thought the author did this well and didn’t make it a sob story about her insecurities either (even though it does address them), which I feel often happens when one mc is considered significantly better looking in the couple. I appreciated that the h was going for what she wanted in life while also building up the H to go for what he wanted. The H was a broody
Jennifer Kyle
Feb 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars ✨
Jewel Ann
Feb 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a perfect ending to this phenomenal series! Kate brings all the emotions with this final book. You do not want to miss a single page of this emotionally packed story with an epilogue that will leave you smiling for days. I can't remember the last time I read a series with this much heart! ...more
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“What if this moment, right here, is the moment that changes your life?”
It did.....IT EFFING DID!!
The MOMENT I picked up DRIVE, I KNEW my life as a reader would be changed forever!!
The MOMENT I opened SEO, I KNEW I had just scratched the surface of what Kate's talent is capable of...
The MOMENT I met her and hugged her in nyc, I KNEW we'll be connected forever...her soul to my soul!
The MOMENT Heartbreak Warfare annihilated me, I KNEW I had taken pledge of allegiance in Kate's Fanclub!
The MO
Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️
Mar 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5 🏈🥊😊😫😤🥰 Stars

I LOVED IT!!! A NA novella that captures your heart and tugs on your heartstrings. Oh, and the Angst level is a 10 on the 1-10 scale!!

Lance Prescott is the silent broody football guy who has a lot on his plate. No one knows but he does what he needs to do. Harper is this sweet and sassy dancer who has to get an accounting degree before she can pursue her real dream. These two start out as oil and water. They clash in every way but with time, they create a friendship with lots of se
Phuong ✯
HOLY SHIIIT THAT EPILOGUE, THAT EPILOGUE GUYS!!!! Kate Stewart really did THAT !!! Best epilogue hands down, THAT'S RIGHT THERE IS HOW YOU END A SERIES! I can't stop screaming!!
"What if this moment, right here, is the moment that changes your life?"

wheeew, that were a lot of exclamation marks, sorry for that. I was a bit excited if you didn't know lol. Now that I had a little bit of time to calm down and sit my ass down to write a review, my sentiment for the epilogue still stands. But I do
Halle Reads
5/5 Stars 🌟

20200229-202822

What if this moment, right here, is the moment that changes your life.

This hurt my heart many, many times and frustrated me but boy did I enjoy it.

The Guy in the Middle is the 3rd and last book in the Underdogs series by Kate Stewart. This story follows Lance who we got snipets of in book 1 and 2 as well as Harper.

There story was painful, emotional, gut wrenching and so beautiful. It was about sacrificing what you want to ensure you get what you need. It was about learning to not let
Karen
Mar 04, 2020 rated it liked it
3 STARS

“What if this moment, right here, is the one that changes your life?”

Damn... how I wanted to love this book so much more than I did. I honestly don't know what went wrong, but somewhere along the way, I started to hate both of these characters. I thought their stories both had merit, but the martyrdom just got to be too much for me. The writing itself was quite good. A little repetitive, but with real feeling and emotion.

These two had a relationship that started out of pent-up frust
Rozzberry&#x1f353;
Mar 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
1-66 - 3.5 stars

That epilogue - like 12 stars!! All the feels! The epilogue is my favorite thing I've read this year.
description

I'm thinking Trevor needs his own book...just sayin'.
description

With the title in mind, anyone else find it teeny bit funny Lance is on the left on cover? Just me? K.
Julia ❤︎
4.5 Stars

Well that was AMAZING!! I shouldn't have doubted Kate Stewart because wow she really gave Lance and Harper's story the ending they deserved!

The Guy in the Middle is definitely my favorite of the 3 books and Lance & Harper's story really stole my heart! All I have to say is read this series!!

While I wasn't a huge fan of Troy's story I definitely thought that Kate Stewart brought this series to a satisfying ending!
Spoiler Whore-Momoa
Mar 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020, kate-stewart
Thinking this was gonna be a light and easy read was my first mistake. This story is anything but that. From the get go I was hooked and the deeper I went in, the deeper the book got. It's not a dark read but it was a heavy one. Life through many obstacles for the h and H and what they had to go through to get on the brighter side gave me so many feels. Absolutely loved the characters and the storyline. Second mistake was not reading anything by this author sooner. Yes I read out of order but I' ...more
Brandi
Mar 04, 2020 marked it as on-pause
I swear this is one of those times I feel like I’ve been reading a different book than everyone else. Maybe 20% isn’t giving it enough of a chance, but something about this story feels very juvenile and both characters are just kind annoying, so I’m shelving it for now.

I guess it’s just me though, because everyone else seems to have loved it.
Turning Pages At ...: The Guy in the Middle (The Underdogs #3) by Kate Stewart 17 27 Mar 06, 2020 07:50PM

• Kissmas Eve
  • Between Now and Heartbreak (Forever Trilogy, #2)
  • Between Now and Always (Forever Trilogy, #3)
  • Dreams of 18
  • Mr. Mayfair
  • Best of Me
  • Rebel Soul (Rebel Love #2)
  • Sex and Other Shiny Objects (Boyfriend Material #3)
  • Love in Due Time (Green Valley Library, #1)
  • Rock Star, Interrupted (Tragic Duet #1)
  • American Squire (New Camelot Trilogy #3.6)
  • The Billionaire Book Club
  • Bad For Me
  • Once a Myth (Goddess Isles, #1)
  • Asking For a Friend (Boyfriend Material #2)
  • Forever My Saint (All The Pretty Things #3)
  • Getting Played (Getting Some, #2)
  • Arena Lights
USA Today bestselling author and Texas native, Kate Stewart, lives in North Carolina with her husband, Nick, and her naughty beagle, Sadie. She pens messy, sexy, angst-filled contemporary romance, as well as romantic comedy and erotic suspense. Kate's title, Drive, was named one of the best romances of 2017 by The New York Daily News and Huffington Post. Drive was also a finalist in the Goodreads ...more

The Underdogs (3 books)
  • The Guy on the Right (The Underdogs, #1)
  • The Guy on the Left (The Underdogs, #2)

News & Interviews

“I want to grow old laughing with you, Harper. I’ve never loved anyone so much in my life. No one can leave me like you do. No woman could or will ever be you.” 3 likes
“You really should do something about that.”
I glance back at him.
“About what?”
“About that thorough fucking you need.”
2 likes