Start by marking “The Lemon Sisters: A Novel” as Want to Read:
The Lemon Sisters: A Novel

The Lemon Sisters: A Novel

(Wildstone #3)

"A book to savor--and share." --Susan Wiggs, New York Times Bestselling Author

The New York Times bestselling author of Rainy Day Friends and Lost and Found Sisters returns to Wildstone, California...

Brooke Lemon has always led the life she wanted, wild adventures—and mistakes—included, something her perfect sister, Mindy, never understood. So when Mindy shows up on Brooke’
Expected publication: June 18th 2019 by William Morrow Paperbacks

Win a Copy of This Book

• The Lemon Sisters by Jill Shalvis
    The Lemon Sisters (Wildstone, #3)
    Release date: Jun 18, 2019
    “The Lemon Sisters is full of Shalvis’ signature verve and wit; it touches on sisterhood and forgiveness while also serving up plenty of romance. The ...more

Format: Print book

Giveaway ends in: a

Availability: 50 copies available, 4421 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Jun 01 - Jun 17, 2019

Countries available: U.S.

• Friend Reviews

To ask other readers questions about The Lemon Sisters, please sign up.
    Ruthie Taylor Hi, having read them all, I would say that you can definitely read this one first. They are linked, but not in a way that would affect the story.

Carol [Goodreads Addict]
    RATING 4.5 STARS

The Lemon Sisters is book three in the Wildstone series by Jill Shalvis. I have loved this series from the start but had no idea what to expect with this book and wow, was I surprised. This book can definitely be read as a stand alone.

Brooke Lemon left Wildstone, CA seven years ago for Los Angeles. She is a producer for a Travel Network show. When Brooke left Wildstone, she also left her life behind including one very important man whom she hasn’t seen or spoken with since. She
    Julie
    The Lemon Sisters by Jill Shalvis is a 2019 William Morrow Paperbacks publication.

“I’m great. I mean, I did just spent a full minute looking for my phone while using it as a flashlight, but everyone does that, right?

Brooke and Mindy- The Lemon Sisters of Wildstone- couldn’t be more different. Brooke is a free spirit who once had a challenging and exciting career, until a helicopter crash left her with PTSD.

She’s made a mess of things with her family and with Garrett, the guy she left behind, l
    Stacey is Sassy
    I think this is Jill Shalvis’ best book…

I just wrote a review and deleted the whole bloody thing. I’m struggling to get my feeling down as to how much I LOVED The Lemon Sisters. To be honest, my family are not helping me in this endeavour. My son is chatting with his mate VERY LOUDLY. My hubby is in the kitchen baking his famous Banana, Butterscotch Pudding (which I appreciate) and listening to music VERY LOUDLY. Now, it’s raining and it’s VERY LOUD.

STUFF IT…I’M GOING TO HAVE A SHOWER!!!!

That d
    Claire Robinson
    May 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: shit-hot-series
    4.5 - "This is just a one-time thing..." Stars!

We return to the town of Wildstone and its residents for the third book in Jill Shalvis’s hugely enjoyable series of the same name. The Lemon Sisters gives us Brooke and Mindys’ stories although Brooke is in the forefront, Mindy’s story is very much intertwined with hers, especially as at the start she turns up unannounced on Brooke’s LA doorstep with her three hilarious and adorable kids in tow while obviously being on her last nerve in the middle
    ☕️Kimberly
    You made me cry. RTC
    Kim
    May 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: 4-stars
    This book centers around two estranged sisters and two romances...one a second-chance romance and one a reconnection of a married couple.

Brooke Lemon left her hometown of Wildstone for LA and she distanced herself from her family and her first love. She was the adventure-seeking and free spirited sister despite her OCD tendencies. But then an event changed her life and she is still dealing with the repercussions. If she does not let anyone in, then she does not have to face the issues. So she h
    Norah Gibbons
    May 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    I received an ARC of this book to read through Edelwiess+ in exchange for a fair review.
    The Lemon Sisters by Jill Shalvis explores the idea of going back home to perhaps rebuild some of the bridges you burnt when you left. Brooke Lemon is stuck. She is paralysed by PTSD caused by a helicopter crash she was in a few years ago. Realising that she isn’t happy with her life the way it is she jumps at the opportunity to go back home to try and repair her life when her sister turns up on her doorstep
    Readaholic
    Jun 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    I love a good book that starts with a bang and this book by Jill Shalvis did just that! Brooke is used to living her life alone and has been distant with her family for a few years now and all of a sudden her sister Mindy is at her doorstep with her three kids asking for her help. I love family relationships in books and Shalvis always writes family banter with just the right amount of snark and tenderness. The dialogue between Mindy and Brooke was so funny and believable, which can be hard to d ...more
    Stacey
    May 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    After surviving a helicopter crash, Brooke lost more than her confidence to fly. She lost her main job because of her fear to go back out in the field, and she left her family and the man she loved behind with no explanation. When her sister shows up unexpectedly, close to having a breakdown, Brooke realizes its finally time to go home to Wildstone and face her past.

The Lemon Sisters is a wonderfully written story about family, forgiveness, healing, and second chances. Mindy, Brooke, Linc, and
    Lexxie (un)Conventional Bookworms
    *I received a free copy of The Lemon Sisters. This has in no way influenced my review which is honest and unbiased.*

The Lemon Sisters is a beautifully written story about family, friendship and second chances. It shows an honest take on family relationships, and how difficult it can be to say the hard truths. Sometimes, it's easier to stay away than to come back and deal with things. And sometimes, coming back gives all the rewards.
    Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Jill Shalvis is such an amazing writer. She draws you in to her stories and you don't want to leave them. The Lemon Sisters is no exception. Brooke and Garrett's story is a second chance romance that makes you ache for Brooke's losses and the time she spent away from Garrett. You also get Mindy and Linc's story and what happens to a relationship when both partners stop trying. There is just so much to love about this story.
    Shannon
    Most of the time I don't really care that my sister and I are estranged, but then I'll read a book like The Lemon Sisters and it will sort of, kind of, make me wish she and I had a relationship like these fictional characters. But then I come to my senses and remember the key word- fiction.
    And although Brooke and Mindy had a bit of a contentious relationship, which let's be honest, pretty much all sisters do, theirs wasn't too far gone that it couldn't be repaired.

Full review to come.
    JG
    I loved this! I adored the sisters and their lives and their ups and downs. I love how they supported each other without actually getting in the way of one another. I love the laughs and dialogue, the way Ms. Shalvis mixes together humor and angst to reflect real life. This one would be an all time favorite for me.
    Rachel
    May 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    The Lemon Sisters is the third standalone in Jill Shalvis' Wildstone series, and I absolutely loved it.

Brooke Lemon finally returns to Wildstone years after she left. Not only is she there to help out her basically estranged sister Mindy, but she also wants to make amends with Garrett, her childhood friend and past lover. She hopes that by doing these things she will find herself along the way.

First of all, Mindy's children were AWESOME. Even though they were obviously a handful, they were so fu
    Courtney
    Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: book-review-crew
    I really enjoyed this novel! It was so easy to connect and fall in love with these sisters. It has romance, drama, and happiness. If you love all of those things, I highly recommend this novel.
    Amy
    May 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Review to come!
    Terri  Tutor
    Apr 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    I wasn’t sure about the Lemon sisters and their “quirks” but they sure did grow on me. Anyone who’s been married for awhile goes through highs and lows, Mindy and Linc were no different. Just living the day to day life of raising children, working, and still trying to be a loving and attentive spouse is hard, without the speculation and assumptions that couples jump to inside their heads. And, of course, Brooke and Garrett’s past had to be dealt with, avoidance, especially on Brooke’s part, does ...more
    Jamie
    Apr 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Brooke's sister Mindy shows up on her doorstep exhausted and unsure of her future with her husband. So Brooke offers up her apartment and returns home to Wildstone with Mindy's children to conquer her own demons. Seems she left home years ago to live a life of adventure until an accident changed her, and she didn't want to face her past in Wildstone, or the man she left behind. Little does Brooke know that Garrett, her ex, is Mindy's next door neighbor and best friend.

This is a story of two sist
    Karen
    Apr 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    I loved, loved The Lemon Sisters!! It was a rich, emotional, healing, romantic story about two sisters and how after time apart how they can be there for each other and help each other heal.

I also loved how there were two stories in this book, one for each sister and how they were woven into each other. I cried a few times to be honest because of the strong emotions and real story line and just being drawn into the characters that Jill writes so beautifully.

Brooke thought she didn't need her fa
    Lizzy Sunderhaus
    Feb 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    I received a free ebook ARC of this book, and I am so excited I did. I have always enjoyed the Wildstone series, and this plot line fits right in with the rest of the series. The main protagonist has suffered through some hardships, and while I may not agree with the way she initially worked through them, eventually, she learned to rely on those closest to her. She and the male protagonist were great together, and I enjoyed how they resolved their relationship. They didn't immediately fall into ...more
    b.andherbooks
    Jun 08, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: avon
    I received a free copy in exchange
    Content warning: Fat Shaming, miscarriage, fertility issues, two characters with OCD

Remember, this story is Women's Fiction.

This review is full of spoilers

(view spoiler)
    Sandy
    I didn’t care for this book as much as Jill Shalvis’ other books. I did like Brooke and Garrett. If the book was about them alone I would have loved it more. I did not like Mindy at all. She wanted to be in charge and in the middle of everything and if she wasn’t, well, she pretty much had a hissy fit. Having a 3 ring binder for household chores and activities is too much. And Linc wasn’t too bad but he was clueless. How can you be a doctor and not know how women used tampons and what we did wit ...more
    Kara Hildebrand (Two Book Pushers)
    6 Hearts
    The Lemon Sisters is the third book in the Wildstone series by the talented Jill Shalvis. I'm a huge fan of Jill's and have read over fifty of her books and I have to say The Lemon Sisters is my favorite! I don't know what I love more about this book. The sisters who love each other, but fight. The kids who remind me so much of my own, the husband and best friend who are funny, sexy and flawed. There was just so much real in the book that I was laughing out loud and reading sections of i
    Amy A
    Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    When Brooke's older sister, Mindy, shows up on her doorstep with her three children and looking like she's about to breakdown, there's nothing for Brooke to do but step in and offer help. This offer of help leads Brooke back to Wildstone, a place she left seven years ago with barely a glance back. But things in Brooke's life have been not feeling quite right not since an on-the-job accident nearly took Brooke's life. Much like Mindy, Brooke knows something has to change and she figures going bac ...more
    Mia
    We are heading back to the wonderful wild town of Wildstone for another fun trip through the magical mind of Jill Shalvis.

Brooke and Mindy Lemon both grew up in Wildstone and while Mindy stayed in Wildstone, Brooke left and headed out to explore the world. Although they are sisters, they are worlds apart in how they view things. Mindy was the golden child who could do no wrong ever, Brooke had a spirit of adventure that could not be contained by the mere boundaries of Wildstone. Brooke had an in
    PP's Bookshelf
    Jun 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: top-read-2019
    The Lemon Sisters by Jill Shalvis was not a reading experience for me. It was a visual treat for my mind's eyes. The lives of two sisters with all their struggles, complexity , insecurities and achievements completely hypnotized me. The writing had a strong cinematic quality. I mean it was detailed, elaborate, in depth and deeply affecting for me. After finishing, I felt I just woke up from a vivid, colourful and dramatic dream. It was mindblowing perfection and absolute brilliance.

The Lemon Sis
    Ruthie Taylor
    Jun 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    ~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads ~~

This is the fourth in the series - as there is a 1.5! They are all delicious, and as with any of Jill Shalvis's wonderful books, be prepared to put life on hold whilst you devour it! I have just spent the day hidden away claiming to be "Spring-cleaning", but really reading this latest installment cover to cover. What a treat! And I would say that whilst the stories are linked, you can definitely read them out of order.
    Rachel
    Jun 09, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Sascha
    Jun 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    4 1/2 stars

Unlike some romance writers who decide to venture into women's fiction with less than satisfactory results, Jill Shalvis has made the transition without alienating her readers while remaining true to her roots. Also, it doesn't hurt that Shalvis has always been writing about characters who have depth and real feelings. The Lemon Sisters is a welcome addition and a definite if you're looking for a good beach read.

Brooke's older sister, Mindy, arrives on her doorstep in LA with her thre
    « previous 1 3 4 next »

• Get Her to the Church On Time (Rokesbys #4)
    • The Beyond (Devil's Isle, #4)
    • A Few Pecans Short of a Pie (Southern Eclectic #2.5)
    • Fix Her Up (Hot and Hammered, #1)
    • One Fine Duke (School for Dukes, #3)
    • Untitled Catalina Book (Hidden Legacy #5)
    • When a Duchess Says I Do (Rogues to Riches #2)
    • The Wallflower Wager (Girl Meets Duke, #3)
    • Brazen and the Beast (The Bareknuckle Bastards, #2)
    • The View from Alameda Island
    • Getting Played (Getting Some, #2)
    • Say You Still Love Me
    • Flare Up (Boston Fire, #6)
    • The Austen Playbook (London Celebrities, #4)
    • Cipher (Demonica Underworld, #8; Demonica, #19)
    • The Sweetest Thing
    • Fatal Reckoning (Fatal, #14)
    • The Place on Dalhousie

Look for Jill's latest, LOST AND FOUND SISTERS on shelves and e-readers now, and get all her bestselling, award-winning books wherever romances are sold.

Visit Jill's websi

Wildstone (3 books)
    • Lost and Found Sisters (Wildstone, #1)
    • Rainy Day Friends (Wildstone, #2)