Start by marking “Fallen Academy: Year One (Fallen Academy, #1)” as Want to Read:
Fallen Academy: Year One (Fallen Academy, #1)

Fallen Academy: Year One

(Fallen Academy #1)

Brielle Atwater isn't sure of much, but she knows a few things:

1. Having black wings is not normal.
2. Selling her soul to the demons was a mistake.
3. Lincoln Grey is the biggest *** she's ever met … but not falling in love with him might prove impossible.

When angels fell from the sky to war with the demons that ravaged Earth, their combined powers infected humanity. N
Published August 17th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Fallen Academy, please sign up.
BrandingAgency I really wait the moment to take this book in my hands. To feel the smell of it's paper and a new story. I want to fall into the story with all my min…moreI really wait the moment to take this book in my hands. To feel the smell of it's paper and a new story. I want to fall into the story with all my mind. Did you use branding companies' help?(less)

Start your review of Fallen Academy: Year One (Fallen Academy, #1)
E Varady
Aug 17, 2018 rated it did not like it
Inconsistent

The one word that comes to mind for this book is inconsistent. I liked the first 35%-40%, and then it went downhill. It felt like the author was engaged in the story early in and didn't really care anymore as the book progressed.

**SPOILERS**

So Bri is actually fun and kinda cool at the beginning of the book. She finds out about her unique powers, finds a cute guy but doesn't let her lust control her, and actually kicks butt. After this, however, she becomes a whiney tween obsessing ov
Kelly Clare
Aug 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was up until 1am devouring Leia Stone's new paranormal urban fantasy, Fallen Academy: Year One!
It. Is. The. Tits.
There are books that you really enjoy, and then there are books you rave about. This was a 'rave about' story.
Year One is for you if you like an enemies to lovers romance, a sassy woman with heart (and a switchblade), a tight friendship, donuts, and a high-stakes world that includes warring angels and demons, and humans who accidentally inherited angelic/demonic powers.

Fav quote:
"S
Mary-ellen
Jan 31, 2019 rated it liked it
Sassy, sexy, YA/NA paranormal romance.

This book didn't really stand out for me, so I don't think I'll read on in the series, but is was still a fast entertaining read.
Antonella
I enjoyed this one very much. But I have to admit I would like it better if I have not been reading another paranormal series which is so much appealing to me so comparing the two....this one is clearly less in many things...

I might read more books in the series in the future...

3,5 stars
Rhea_Sways
LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Fuck no....
I rather be hanged than to be reading this bullshit.
It is just all garbage, good old stinking pile of garbage put on a piece of paper. I could not force myself to be reading this shit. I do not want to describe it nor talk about it.

I wish I did not have to worry about it Will...
angela
Jan 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Superb

A truly wonderful book, excellently written with a lot of details and unexpected events. It moves along very quickly, keeping me completely engrossed in the story. I would definitely recommend it to others. I’m off to start book two.
Umaiya ❄️Ramblings of a Scattered Mind❄️

I liked it. I mean the YA romance, boy hates girl, girl thinks boy is a hot asshole, girl likes boy, boy figures girl's too hot and "different" not to like, has gotten old.

Honestly, it just makes me nauseous now but overall it was fun to read.
It required no brain power and annoying-stupid-kids who think they're invincible is just what the doctor ordered.
Ashley
Aug 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
We all know that everything Leia writes is amazing, but this completely blew it outta the water! I thought it would be a typical YA PNR. There would be a hot love interest, some angst, and a spunky best friend. It has all of those things, but it’s so much more. Leia makes it totally unique and completely her own. I don’t know how she comes up with all of these kickass books, but keep em coming!
Andrea
My first new book of the year and I really enjoyed it. I would write more, but I have to start book 2 now....no time to waste.
Renée
Aug 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Such a fantastic and well written Angel vs Demon YA story. The characters are wonderful and you’ll quickly love all of them (excluding one at least). You can’t help but love and cheer for Brielle on her Year One journey at the Fallen Academy, and hope that she makes the target to get through the Gauntlet. I did loved the twist as to what the Gauntlet actually involved.
Can’t wait for what adventures are planned in Year Two...

If you haven’t take it, go take Leia Stone’s Fallen Academy quiz so yo
Taryn
Meh.

The beginning of the story is somewhat interesting. After Brielle becomes a full-fledged member of the academy, it starts to lag. Several times there was a good ending point, but the story pressed on and I kept losing interest. It felt like reading Brielle's Adventures instead of a cohesive story.

Brielle's servitude doesn't last long at all. She's enslaved for less than a week before her contract is supposed to be sold and the archangels decide that she needs to be saved, so they send Lincol
Alyssa Nicole🔮🌙
Chellee
Sep 09, 2018 rated it did not like it
You would think a novel, with a large amount of people rating it five stars, wouldn't be so god-awfully bad, but it is. It's so bad that calling it mediocre is such an overstatement, so much so that it's suspicious how many readers supposedly like this book enough to give it a soaring rating. While I didn't mind the premise including the special, you're-the-one-from-the-prohpecy protagonist, I did mind the corny writing, the horrible pacing, and the lack of character depth (don't get me started ...more
Kaitlyn Davis
Loved the world building and the idea behind this series, such a unique and inventive concept! Snappy dialogue and plenty of action made this a quick, entertaining read :) Curious to see where it goes!
Shyralf
3 ⭐️⭐️⭐️ 1/2 Stars! Bully, College Romance. The writing was pretty stellar, but the love scenes needed work, it felt almost like fade to black, which I don’t like, if your writing romance write everything! Damnit! Overall not bad, I may give this series I try.
Nadine
Jan 01, 2019 rated it liked it
Good idea and set up but the story gets pretty lame after a while, I doubt I will follow the series any further. The love story was pretty nice and had some spark but the overall story was quite slow and dragging in my eyes.
Shani Lila
Jan 03, 2019 rated it did not like it
!ATTENTION SPOILERS!
Be consistent, please.
I read this book in the hope of having a nice time, not expecting the book to become my new all time favorite novel but what I read was......
Let me try to explain:
1. The book was inconsistent, one time Bri is falling for Lincoln then suddenly he's a prick and then he's back to being the greatest thing on earth. She just can't make up her mind and once she has you don't really get where the feelings are coming from.

2. Things happen way too fast; they're h
Kait
Dec 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.0 -4.5!? I can't decide! It's good!

This is the first time I'm reading a book that is solely Leia Stone (rather than a collaboration) and it did not disappoint. Essentially, mutant humans caught up in a war between angels and demons in a post-fallen world? Oh yeah, I'm going to read that every time.

The novel had all the classical hooks of the o.g. paranormal books:
Super special heroine with badass powers and spitfire side kick? check!
Super elite school to train and fight the baddies? double ch
Tracy D.
Sep 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good times at Fallen Academy

I admire witty, humorous, bad-ass female leads who also have a strong love of coffee. This has a slow-burn romance with a hint of enemies-to-lovers trope. Some good action sequences, and good use of magic.

Enjoying the story so far, and will definitely pick up the next in series.
Amy
Dec 15, 2018 rated it liked it
This was interesting. I didn’t fall in love with the story or characters, but I definitely enjoyed reading it.
Christa
Feb 01, 2019 marked it as dnf
Shelves: 2019, ya, kindle-unlimited
Angels in fiction just aren’t my thing.
Coco.V
Nov 08, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (11/8/2019)! 🎁
Vampire-lk
ABSOLUTELY LOVED THIS NOVEL!!!!!! It’s a refreshing take on why I fell in love with YA novels in the first place!!!! Truly a great storyline & fleshed our characters! A novel I needed to remember my childhood with its carefree days!!!!! An easy read, finished less than a week! I listened to the audiobook, but ordered the paperback on Amazon for an Xmas present to myself as this is a real gem in my opinion!!! I am looking forward to reading more in this series!!!!! I hope others enjoy this novel ...more
Nathalie*
Jun 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Really good.. loved all characters love her strength , loyalty.. her kindness her badassness and then there’s Lincoln 💕
Emma James
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this YA book.
A very easy read with likable characters and the token mean girl thrown in.
I'm looking forward to the next.
The covers for the series are stunning!
Jillian
This was a fun book to read. I also enjoyed listening to the audible, though I probably read about 40% of the book. I will continue with the series to find out what happens next but probably not right away.
anjuli
Sep 12, 2018 rated it liked it
I'd say this was a fun read overall. I had no expectations except for being entertained and I was for a bit. I liked the concept of this book demons, angels, fallen (angelic) and tainted (demonic) academy and some battle. I would say it kept me reading. However, it wasn't a spectacular read for me.

I found the character building mediocre and the whole events just meh. The set up is post apocalyptic which I do enjoy and the world building is quite simplistic but, explained. The demons and angels
Chad Christofferson
Aug 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Overwhelmed with happiness

This is her best written work and best storyline. I love that the series is broken into school years and I want to attend this school.

If you like vampire academy and the covenant series, this is a must read.

The main characters Lincoln and Bri are fabulous because they are themselves and are not afraid to display it. The side characters add life and are enjoyable to get to know.

The only down side of this book is the length, I have that thought every time I deeply and
Jean |  BookRampage
Solid 3.5 stars.
Super quick, fun and enjoyable read with extremely lovable characters. Really the kind of book I’m in the mood for right now. Highly recommend and I can’t wait to read the next one.
Why is this book so popular 4 30 Sep 19, 2019 03:43PM
Urban Fantasy ser...: July BOTM: FALLEN ACADEMY: YEAR ONE by Leia Stone 1 5 Jul 01, 2019 10:23AM

• Supernatural Academy: Year One (Supernatural Academy, #1)
  • Ash (Hive Trilogy, #1)
  • Supernatural Academy: Year Two (Supernatural Academy, #2)
  • House of Darken (Secret Keepers, #1)
  • The Princess Must Die (Storm Princess Saga, #1)
  • House of Royale (Secret Keepers, #4)
  • Anarchy  (Hive Trilogy, #2)
  • Supernatural Academy: Year Three (Supernatural Academy, #3)
  • Imposter (The Royal Trials, #1)
  • Annihilate (Hive Trilogy, #3)
  • House of Imperial (Secret Keepers, #2)
  • Court of Shadows (Institute of the Shadow Fae, #1)
  • Half-Blood (Darkblood Academy, #1)
  • The Princess Must Strike (Storm Princess Saga, #2)
  • House of Leights (Secret Keepers, #3)
  • Court of Darkness (Institute of the Shadow Fae, #2)
  • Enchanted Chaos (Enchanted Chaos, #1)
  • Magic Trials (Half-Blood Academy, #1)
Leia Stone is the USA TODAY bestselling author of the Matefinder series which is optioned for flim, and the Hive Trilogy. She lives in Arizona with her husband, two kids and her dog. When she is not chasing around her twin son and daughter, or writing, she has her nose shoved in a book. She wrote her first book when she was 23 years old. Keep reading and live with purpose.

ht

Fallen Academy (4 books)
  • Fallen Academy: Year Two (Fallen Academy #2)
  • Fallen Academy: Year Three (Fallen Academy #3)
  • Fallen Academy: Year Four (Fallen Academy #4)