Start by marking “The Quite Nice and Fairly Accurate Good Omens Script Book” as Want to Read:
The Quite Nice and Fairly Accurate Good Omens Script Book

The Quite Nice and Fairly Accurate Good Omens Script Book

Neil Gaiman’s complete original scripts for the highly anticipated six-episode original series, adapted from the classic novel he wrote with Terry Pratchett.

First published nearly thirty years ago, the novel Good Omens has sold more than five million copies worldwide and is beloved by Gaiman and Pratchett fans alike. Collected here are Neil Gaiman’s original scripts for th
Published June 11th 2019 by William Morrow Paperbacks (first published May 21st 2019)

Be the first to ask a question about The Quite Nice and Fairly Accurate Good Omens Script Book

Nataliya
Aug 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-reads
”I don’t suppose that anywhere in the nine circles of Hell there’s such a thing as a rubber duck?”

Faye*
Jul 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Reading the script book for the Good Omens TV series has increased my respect for the whole team (especially the director and the actors), who created the series, even more.

*Goodreads Summer Reading Challenge prompt “Genre explorer: Read a book from a genre you've never read before.”

*****

So… I did say I was obsessed, didn’t I?

Just when I thought I couldn’t get any more into Good Omens, Neil Gaiman goes ahead and publishes the script book for the TV series.

(Yeah, yeah, I know it's been out a w
milou  ☁️
“Don’t think of it as dying. Think of it as leaving before the rush.”

I mean this is the script of the Good Omens mini series which got released last month and this script is only going to make any sense if you've seen it. This is still one of my favorite books to this date and I loved the television adaptation of this, so it's no surprise that I gave into this.

It's still about armageddon.

Girl in a jacket

And there is a hell hound!

Girl in a jacket

This series focuses more on the relationship between Crowley and Aziraphale an
Dawn C
Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’ve always loved reading scripts, from screenplays to playscripts, I just love reading the actual, objective text.

Of course Neil Gaiman can’t stay completely neutral - this script book has a lot of little annotations and comments which are both hilarious and sweet and add to the atmosphere of the story. So many scenes make more sense when you read what the actual intend was. Also some parts where left out or cut from the series so it’s lovely to know whatelse was there.

However, keep in mind the
Rebekah
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think I smiled while reading the whole thing.
Rachael
Jun 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Rachael by: Aziraphale and Crowley ;)
Shelves: awesome, top-ten
I absolutely loved this - it was devilishly good! It made me as happy as Aziraphale dancing a gavotte.
If you've read Good Omens, you should read/watch this too as it has additional details. Terry Pratchett would be so proud of how amazing Neil Gaiman's scripts are.
Chris
Jul 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Boom! I am lost to the Good Omens fandom and have been reading nothing but Good Omens fanfic since this one...
Michael Cook
Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Companion books to movies and TV shows are always a bit of a dice roll when it comes to their quality. While they're usually filled with interesting anecdotes and tons of pictures, they have a habit of feeling little more than a fluff piece used as advertisement for that film/TV series. Luckily, this isn't the case with either of the two books released as tie-ins for Amazon Prime and BBC's recent adaptation of Good Omens. Both books - a traditional companion and a book featuring all of Neil Gaim ...more
Stephen Robert Collins
2000,000 People signed a positions saying this was Blasphemous , it is all most at the end why, one word does it.But as I HATE SPOILERS if want to find out read the book.
Two cut scenes both very funny but can see why they ended up on the cutting room floor.
Love the Buddy Holly songs hope they make the show & the next book I read helped this book.TV Companion by Matt Whyman all photos & background info.This script book should be read first then the TV non fiction book.
I do not think anybo
Brigi
Read for the 2019 Popsugar challenge: a book becoming a movie in 2019 (honestly, this is just an excuse for me to gush about the TV show).

Some of you are familiar with my infinite love for Good Omens, so when Neil announced that it was going to be turned into a TV show, I was over the moon. I must say that after the casting had been announced and up to the moment I saw the show, I had been quite anxious. I didn't like that Aziraphale's hair was such a bleached blonde or even Crowley's red. xD

Bu
Ric
Aug 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After finishing the tv show earlier this year, I wanted to reread the book because it’s one of my all time favorites. But I picked this edition up on a whim at work the other day and decided that I’d read (or reread?) it in a slightly different way.

The characters are so memorable, and the story is truly incredible. I remember when I read the book for the first time, it was right around the time that I was getting into Doctor Who, and I pictured David Tennant as Crowley because he was my favorit
Eleanor (bookishcourtier)
oh I love this tv show so much.
Helena A
Jun 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
So yes, maybe its a bit pathetic that I can now quote whole swathes of this show. And that I spent a healthy portion of reading this collecting 'Crowley has anxiety' moments. And being bitter about how much of the Horsemen we lost out of. But also, this show and the book before it have improved my life a thousand times over, so I might as well let it bring me as much joy as it can!

Oh, and this direction... break my heart why don't you.
Daphne
The Good Omens TV show is my new obsession currently, which is surprising because I gave the book only a 3.5 rating

I enjoyed reading the script of the show a lot, it added a bunch of new details, and it's very interesting to get a glimpse at the process of writing a tv show.

Now I really want to reread the original book to see if my enjoyment of the tv show has changed my perspective on the story.
Mia
Aug 24, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
me, after watching aziraphale and crowley interact for five (5) minutes on screen: maybe true love *is* real
Emi
Aug 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I fucking love this. With all my heart, seriously. I don't have enough words, I just have loads and loads of love for this TV series, even more than what I have for the book (which I also loved very much).
It's really hard for a TV series to be better than the book material, but Good Omens, in its TV version, was a beauty all for itself.
As a book lover, and a passionate book fan and shipper, I can only praise what Neil Gaiman made here, with all the amazing cast and crew that was part of the ad
Vicki
What happens when your favorite book gets a spectacular adaptation and you watch said adaptation five times in two weeks?

Obviously, you buy the script book.

A fun read to get some of the insights of what Neil Gaiman originally intended from the mini-series. There are things I wish had been kept in, some that I’m glad were ultimately changed, but I mostly love seeing how the actors interpreted the dialogue and actions.

But best of all?

The stage directions are hilarious. Also, Mr. Gaiman, your man-c
Valentine
Alright, before this book I was never a big fan of plays or scripts - the format just wasn't appealing to me. But as I saw several times online that it was a delight to read, I actually gave it a try, and I can confirm it is indeed a fantastic read!

No matter how many times I had seen those lines through the book, the show and various videos and gifs, I still laughed and smiled several times during my reading. The text itself is adorable and incredibly clever, and Neil Gaiman's writing is just so
Sinéad

Ahhh. My absolute favourite book translated to a screenplay translated to the screen. *happy sigh*

If you spend five minutes talking to me, it is no secret WHATSOEVER, that I am a *teensy* VERY obsessed with Good Omens. And Crowley. And Aziraphale. And Crowley and Aziraphale.

I adore the book, I adore the show and now I've gotten to read and adore the show in book form. It was so wonderful reading all of the deleted scenes and scenes that shifted around and were in one place before moving to ano
Michelle Birkby
Jul 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The complete script with some very funny and illuminating stage directions and extra lines and deleted scenes
Pete
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beings a whole extra dimension to the Prime series based upon 'Good Omens'. The extra insight is great. There's also dialogue which may be missed while watching the show.
Darío
Jul 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, fiction
I can't keep on living like this I'm crying.
Magdalena
Jul 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: on-my-bookshelf
Witty, clever, fantastically funny.
The diverse and moving tale of love and friendship, truly a story we deserved.
A great tribute to late Terry Pratchett.
We are lucky to have Gaiman to be honest!
Luca Wills
Jul 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think it really speaks for the talent of the cast that I could imagine every single line exactly in their voices
Ceren
Jul 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
”I never asked to be a demon. I was just minding my own business one day and then, looky here, it’s Lucifer and the guys, they say, hey, Crowley, my man, we’re just on our way to discuss the whole job conditions and career advancement thing, so, okay, the food hadn’t been that good lately, I’d got nothing on for the rest of that afternoon, next thing I know I’m doing a million-light-year freestyle dive into a pool of boiling sulphur.”

İlk defa bir adaptasyonu kitaptan daha fazla sevdim galiba (ev
J
Jun 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: summer-reads
I read the original novel three or four years ago (actually, it's probably in here somewhere...) and immediately dove into the show when it was released a day early. I watched it twice in three days and preordered the script book as soon as I could, because "Good Omens" was the truest book-to-screen adaptation I'd ever seen, with any changes made only adding to the story rather than detracting, as most adaptations tend to.
And as if that couldn't get any better, the script continues to add, with
Anjali (This Splendid Shambles)
In 2015 the world lost Terry Pratchett, but one of his request to Gaiman was that Good Omens become a TV show. Gaiman then started writing, and what I now hold in my hands is that complete TV show script in book form. As well as a line-by-line, as-you’ll-see-it-on-the-screen script, this book is full of deleted scenes and other titbits of the book-to-screen process from Gaiman.

Won’t there be spoilers if you read it, Anjali? you ask. Of course there will be. It’s a script book. But what I’m plann
Sophie Cox
I'm going to take this opportunity to say 'if you haven't watched Good Omens on Amazon prime yet, please do'.
Good Omens is an excellent book, and the tv adaptation is wonderful. I love seeing the characters come to life, and David Tennant and Michael Sheen do an amazing job. Their chemistry is wonderful and they give me life.
Now onto the script book; this is one of the best script books I've read and I've read 2. I don't think that matters though. You can tell that Neil Gaiman has put his heart
Isabelle
Jul 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars.

This was so much fun, my gosh. As Neil Gaiman explains in the preface, it's somewhere between the original book and the final cut of the show, so it provides some insight into the adaptation process (from new scenes that don't appear in either the original book or show, to familiar scenes that appear in both). The stage directions are hilarious, and I loved getting a sort of behind-the-scenes look at the creators' intention between certain lines, camera angles, etc.

(Having reread Good
Christine Watson
Jul 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
Reading the original novel and seeing the TV series is one thing but getting the chance to read the script is another. This script book allows you to dive into Neil Gaiman's mind as he pictures how he wants to translate the text into visual representation; also, you get to see how the actors added their own spin to the lines during the filming process. This script book is highly recommended for any fan of the TV series as it will provide insight to particular scenes where you may not have caught ...more
« previous 1 3 next »