Start by marking “Winter (Hero Society #5)” as Want to Read:

Winter

(Hero Society #5)

4.59  ·  Rating details ·  37 Ratings  ·  31 Reviews
Winter has fallen.
A time for heroes to break the ice.

Gwendolyn has never enjoyed being different, but she’s playing the cards she was dealt, rarely caring that people thought her to be the human robot of Seahill.

Her world is organized, with her career and duty to the Hero Society as her only focus.

Until him.

Arthur lives blissfully in a chaotic world of art. Then he se

To ask other readers questions about Winter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Winter

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)

description~WRITING - PLOT - PACE~
When I finished the previous book in this series, I declared it my favorite book of the series. Well, move over NIGHT because this one has nudged you out of first place (lol). This was such a delightful book to read. It was so super sweet. The writing was fantastic. It was well paced. The plot was engaging, and it made me bawl like a baby. What more can you ask for?

~HERO~
ARTHUR...What can I say about Arthur? He was one of the sweetest heroes I have ever read. He was patie
Mg ♥ The Bookishmedialite

4.5 STARS!

❝Just to be clear—in case it wasn't obvious—I'm yours, and I'm wild as the sea for you.❞

Jessica Florence has outdone herself with this book. WINTER was everything I've come to expect from this series and I loved everything about it, not just the main characters—Gwendolyn & Arthur owned my heart—but all the different messages she delivered in this unique, quirky, and cute as fuck tale!

Gwendolyn & Arthur might be heroes, but Jessica Florence is the ultimate hero, delivering an
Lozzie
Nov 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely freaking lived Winter!
Jessica Florence has astounded me with this book and I simply couldn't get enough of it!

This story touched me. It looked into the subject of identity, and into the subject of disability. The main female character, Gwendolyn, has Aspergers Syndrome, a form of autism, and it helped me understand it more, understand what goes through the mind of somebody who has autism.

I loved the superhero aspect of this novel. It made the book more exciting and fun to drama,
Naughty Mom Story Time
I quite enjoyed this little spin-off addition to the Hero Society series. For those who have read the series so far, WINTER takes place a year after Night.

Gwendolyn was a complex individual yet written in a way that made it easy to relate to her. Being on the spectrum, she’s always known she was different and has tried her best to be as normal as she could. For the most part she’s kept to herself and focused on what gives her comfort. Her power works to her advantage and she uses it to not only
Michelle
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was given an advanced readers copy of this book and have decided to leave a voluntary honest review. I can't get enough of the hero Society, I mean these men are just to good to be true. But they are truly amazing. I believe aurthur is extra special because he truly is hero he sacrificed his life more than once. It takes a real hero to do that. Gwendolyn was completely different, I loved how Jess showed that even a person with disability can still live a normal life, and find love. That was tr ...more
Innergoddess_Booklover
Oct 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-books
You know while reading this book or this series makes you want to have some kind of powers just so you can be in the hero society. Jessica Florence has nailed it again .. loved it . Swoon arthur and gwendolyn are so perfect for each other flaws and all thats what makes them unique . How they safe the world yet again and each other .. well is a must read to find out. 🤖🤖 #ARC
Jessica Florence
Oct 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
This book was so much fun. Inspired by Wall-E <3
 photo HS winter 2_zpszserpgxl.jpg
Sonal
Nov 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oh how I missed this series!!!

Gwendolyn's life has been one test after another and she still struggles to wade through daily existence. She has her friends and her life sorted into neat little boxes. Enter Arthur, who wrecks all sorts of amazing chaos on her life and she can't help but want more and more.

Arthur's life is his art. Then one day he meets his muse and his world gets tilted on its axis. There's something about Gwendolyn that pulls Arthur in, everything about her is intriguing, soon h
Samantha Turbyfill
How to tell you how amazing this was without giving it all away? Maybe by asking what is it you are a die hard nerd over? I venture to say that Jessica Florence caters to any kind of nerd you are and gives you more nerdhood! Yes I just now made that up! You like hero stuff....got it! You like Greek mythology.....got it! Sweet romance with witty banter....done! A little steamy love scene...check! Maybe a little hidden Disney reference...got it!
So I couldn't wait to get my grubby kindly hands on W
Caz
Oct 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh my god i absolutely loved everything about this book i know this is supposed to be a spin off series but it was just like we were back in the land of all our hero’s.

I love the way Jessica’ Florence writes these books you can tell she is passionate about the characters and story line and loved writing them. I can tell you i love reading them, they are such a different story and get me sucked in from the start.

I love how we have had such different storyline’s and you just fall in love with the
Kate Hastings
Oct 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh how I L❄VED this book!
Sweet, cool, funny, heartfelt, unique and quirky, it was everything I’ve come to expect from these extraordinary Seahill residents as they (attempt to) save the world.
Within pages I had an inkling Winter was going to be JFlo’s most organically romantic story from the series so far, and (IMO) it sooooo was.
Gwendolyn is a heroine like no other I’ve read before, beautifully and perfectly imperfect.
Arthur, ugh, where do I even start with this man? And how he was with Gwendol
Melissa Ann
Oct 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jessica Florence is one heck of a storyteller and has a crazy amazing imagination! The new characters in the Hero Society immediately pulls you in and doesn’t let you go! I loved Arthur, who’s a fun and entertaining character, and then you have Gwendolyn who is super talented but lacks social skills. She has a amazing gift and even more amazing ‘friends’ who are so lovable. These two characters are complete opposite but their gifts complete each other perfectly. I also enjoyed seeing the origina ...more
LajaTheReader
Nov 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was adorable! I read it really fast (well as fast as I could while being in college😂) and couldn’t put it down! Once again I fell in love with the characters and it was so fun seeing some of my fave characters from the Hero Society series (hmm, yeah I’m talking about you Leon😏). This was definitely a book that helped me get out of a reading funk from reading to much sjm.
I highly recommend if you love superhero’s and romance! But let’s talk about the romance tho! It was H.O.T! I loved
Ashleigh Wilson
Nov 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'm pretty sure after every Hero Society book I read, it takes the title of my new favorite. Winter is no exception. When Jessica mentioned robots, I was a little unsure of how she'd tell this story. But let me tell you, never in my wildest dreams did I expect a story like THIS! Winter BLEW ME AWAY. The characters are so quirky, endearing, and totally relatable. I think they're my new favorites, for real lol. The robots were like an added bonus and definitely weren't what I was expecting. I love ...more
Heather
Nov 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you love superheros you are going to love Winter! Gwendolyn and Arthur both have powers and are helping out the Hero Society to try and stop a powerful organization from destroying Earth's ecosystem.

Gwendolyn is on the autism spectrum and Jessica does an absolutely wonderful job describing what it's like to be on the spectrum, and writing this character as well as all the other characters in this book. Winter has action and romance and mystery and of course some super powers you wish you coul
Anna
Nov 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book which is a part of the Hero Society world just spoke to my heart. Gwendolyn I will say is my favorite female character from this world. Sometimes I have issues with connecting to female characters in romance, I always tend to hate them or get annoyed by them. But Gwendolyn was just pulling at my heart strings from the beginning. Arthur and Gwendolyn may or may not be my favorite couple of this world. This was such a sweet romance and the way they fit each other so perfectly. AHhhhhh I ...more
Read.Review.Repeat Blog
Once again, I am totally amazed by how this author keeps giving me, the reader such unique and thoughful books. Her characters are instantly endearing and they suck you right in. Gwen and Arthur are both the type of characters that could live right down the street from you even though they have superpowers. I cannot say enough that I am amazed on the spin Ms. Florence takes with turning an imperfection into something that makes the character stronger. There is no "poor me"! It is, this is me, lo ...more
Karyn
Nov 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love this series so much! It is unlike any other I have read before. The really cool thing about this series is the characters that have had major roles in previous books, make an appearance in the other books.

Same holds true for book #5, Winter, in this series. This was such a great story between the mystery of what was happening, and the relationship between Gwendolyn and Arthur. Gwendolyn was like no other character I have read about before. The author did an amazing job creating Gwendolyn.
Linda &#x1f5a4; LB Book Blog
Winter is the first book that I’ve read by Jessica Florence. But it definitely will not be the last!! It feels different than anything I’ve read before.

Now, heros, powers all those great special abilities are so addicting to read and watch. Add in this great love story, Gwendolyn and Arthur are so great to read. They are sweet and their story will leave you wanting more!

I really enjoyed the writing. Jessica really has a great way of creating this wonderful world you can’t help but be immersed
Brooke Parker
Oct 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jessica Florence has found her niche creating the unique world of the Hero Society! I had previously read Dawn and was excited to beta read Winter. These books can be read as stand-alones but characters from the other Hero Society books come into play in Winter as we meet Gwendolyn and Arthur. Jessica did a fantastic job of creating characters and a story line "outside" of the norm for romance. With a few unexpected twists and turns, you will have to read til the very end to see how their relati ...more
Gail
Oct 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is my first Jessica Florence book. I see there are 4 others in the series. I've been told this could be read as a standalone and I like that in a "series book" You do get to see other characters that are in the other books but it doesn't leave you wondering who they are.. *if that makes sense. :) * This was a super fun & cute read. I don't think I've read anything like this prior, So if you are looking for a different kind of read that will leave you happy and satisfied check this book ...more
Shelby (Book Lovers Have More Fun)
Winter was WITHOUT A DOUBT, my favorite superhero book from Jessica.... so far. That's saying something since all of them are pretty amazing. You should read them. 😉

Gwendolyn was such a BADASS heroine. I feel like we need more heroines like her. Arthur was the perfect hero to complement her. They were so CUTE. I can't forget about Pops and Cora!!! After reading this, you'll want a friend like them too.

I can't wait to see what other superheroes Jessica has in-store for us!!!
Kellie Lalor
Nov 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
He was color, and I was the blank canvas. Together we made art

Gwendolyn is not your typical hero but is as kickass as all the others. She is a robotics genius & despite being cast aside by her parents for being different, she is saving lives in more than one way.

Born again, Athur is determined to leave behind his "asshole life" behind & live his true life full of colour.

They say opposites attract but the heart wants what the heart wants. & their hearts melt for each other.

Would defi
Amber- Leave Me Alone I'm Reading
description

OMG! This book is incredible!! I’ve loved all of the Hero Society books but this one just stole the freaking show! JFlo has outdone herself with Winter. The main characters are so weird and wonderful. I fell so hard for them both. I never wanted this book to end. PERFECTION!!
Nov 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gwendolyn & Arthur....sigh

I seriously LOVED this book! I love that Jessica wrote a heroine who isn’t your typical female character. I think she did a great job of writing an Asperger person. I love that Arthur was just 100% in and willing to help after what happened in Night!
I can’t wait to see what happens next in the series!
Xylina Diaz
Oct 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don't even know where to begin with this review. The Hero Society along with it's author Jessica Florence have quickly become a favorite for me. Jessica has this way of writing that I just adore, she truly makes you fall in love with these characters. Gwendolyn and Arthur are two amazing characters,I was a little nervous when Jessica had said that one of her characters was going to be on the Spectrum and have Aspergers Syndrome,but she managed to write her in such a way that you could connect ...more
Melanie Helms
Nov 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was my first book by this author. It was really interesting! I enjoyed the story and the characters. I will probably go back and read the others 😄😄
Helen Hennessey
Nov 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Once again, the author gave the reader a phenomenal book full of characters that you cannot help but embrace and fall in love with instantly. Ms. Florence is so creative to where she takes her characters and makes them all seem like they could be the boy or girl next door. I loved ever single book in this series and this one was no different. I devoured it quickly. I love that the characters, although super heroes with super powers, they all have their real life, normal people problems and that ...more
LisaReadsAlot
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sweet, sexy, cool, and funny. Loved it. JFlo has gone above and beyond in her Hero Society series. Every book just gets better and better. Jessica Florence’s imagination is everything I want to see in real life! My fingers are crossed that this series makes it to the big screen!
Rose White (WhiteRoseStories)
A wonderful, cute and quick read that will leave you wanting more! I absolutely love all the heroes from the Hero Society and each of their stories. Winter was an amazing read that I highly recommend! Also, can I just say that I freaking adore Gwendolyn’s robots?!
Jessica Florence writes the stories that her fellow nerds yearn for.

From Superheroes to Sexy Truckers, Jessica is known to give readers unique tales of hope where love conquers all. Stories that melt away reality and take you on a journey with the characters. If escapism is what you are looking for, then look no further. Jessica is the Queen of weaving the tales you may not normally pick up but f

Hero Society (5 books)
  • Dawn (Hero Society, #1)
  • Day (Hero Society, #2)
  • Dusk (Hero Society, #3)
  • Night (Hero Society, #4)