Start by marking “Irish Car Bomb (The Erin O'Reilly Mysteries #2)” as Want to Read:
Irish Car Bomb (The Erin O'Reilly Mysteries #2)

Irish Car Bomb

(The Erin O'Reilly Mysteries #2)

If it weren't for the Irish, New York wouldn't have a police force. On the other hand, it might not need one.

Starting a new job is always stressful, even when bombs aren't involved. NYPD Officer Erin O'Reilly always wanted to be a detective. But on her first day wearing a gold shield, she finds herself investigating the explosive death of a small-time crook. She and her
Published July 22nd 2018 by Clickworks Press

To ask other readers questions about Irish Car Bomb, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Irish Car Bomb

Start your review of Irish Car Bomb (The Erin O'Reilly Mysteries #2)
Betty
Oct 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The second book in terms series finds Erin O'Reilly has been promoted to a detective. Rolf and she have been assigned to a new unit it forming to handle major crimes. It has personnel from various police sectors. On her first day, the unit has been called to a scene of a car bomb. Before Erin and Rolf find the answer she learned about the IRA, making bombs and more information about her father's activities. Rolf gets plenty of actions in this fast moving book. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS BOOK AND ...more
Karen Devine
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Clever writing!

Another winner! Loved the characters and the story was so good! A lot of action and plots galore that keep you hooked!
Tony Hisgett
Nov 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery, thriller, review
A really fun read, I enjoyed the first book in the series, but I thought this was even better.
I worried a little when they miss-read the car bombing, as I thought what actually happened was so obvious. However, they eventually got back on track and there was a nice twist in the end.
If possible I would I have given 4.5 stars.
Erin
Aug 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great easy read with a cool twist. I enjoy this series a lot. I love Rolf!
Stanley McShane
Mar 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The female character, one of New York's finest, newly installed detective, is not a damaged protagonist. Erin O'Reilly brings valuable instincts to the job, a logical wit and wisdom inherited by her now retired Irish NY cop dad. This cast of characters immediately immerses you in her new precinct, co-workers gathered from other areas specifically to work Major Crimes, each with their own specialties. And they are good. The banter is lively as they get the feeling for each other and their new ...more
Jonquil
Aug 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: investigating
In Black Velvet, the first book in the series, Erin was driven to find justice and closure despite the fact that it might jeopardize her career. In Irish Car Bomb, it's nice to see a young, female professional be accepted, and perhaps respected, by her new NYPD co-workers. It's refreshing that author Steven Henry didn't focus on the fact that being young, smart and female has been a red cape in the eyes of some of the less-enlightened NYPD detectives Erin has encountered on the job. Instead, we ...more
Manon
Jan 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Really love this book, Erin and Rolf and Vic and Cars.....Steven Henry is a discovery for me!
Dorothy Matheson
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good

Surprisingly funny in spots good story. I did get the story that was coming so not totally a surprise. Still it is good
Rhonda Sappington
Aug 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Kudos to Steven Henry

I have read 2 of the Erin O'Reilly Mysteries, Black Velvet and Irish Car Bomb. The characters are amazing, and I loved the relationship between Patrol/Detective a d Police Dog - K9 unit. The stories were fast paced and very enjoyable. I look forward to the next installment.
Susan Santangelo
Mar 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Delightful characters, quirky plot...

Glad I bought Book 2 in this series, because the writing is more fluid and the plot more taut here than they were in the first book. I quite like the Irish flavor of some of the dialogue, and I appreciate that Erin has some faults but seems to know what they are. And, Rolfs bomb sniffing prowess proves what a perfect partner he is for Detective OReilly. On to Book 3!
Diane Lomuscio
May 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A good NYPD story

This book is a great glimpse into the workings of a major case unit in a police department. In his biography, the authors is said to have read almost before he could walk. That beats me, reading at the age of three. You can read his passion for the printed word by how he writes. A very enjoyable, fast read with a solid cast of characters. Im sure I will read more more of Mr. Henrys work in the future, I hope you do too.
NickTheMoose
Mary Bowers
Feb 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Bombs Away

This book is a grab you from the get go! Erin & Rolf are a great team! Erin lives up to her Irish heritage in her feisty ways. Vic is just cruising for fight, may not be Irish but ought to be! I'm enjoying getting to know this team, can't wait to read more on this series!
Cheryl Carmoega
Jan 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another Good Read!!!

Great story and characters. Lots of action, twists and turns! Sorry moves at a good pace and is easy to read!! A must read, good job Steven, pls keep them coming. On my way to book 3!!!
LAWRENCE GILSDORF
May 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
New Detective Takes on Irish Mob

If you like K-9 Detective stories, you won't put this one down. This chronicles O'Reilly's first Major Crimes case as a detective. My only complaint is that this book is lacking in size compared to the price charged.
Crystal L Archer
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Real Page Turner

Fast paced who done it. This is A well plotted tale that kept me guessing. Great entertainment for those who love action and suspense.

papasteve
Jan 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Im enjoying this police procedural. Especially how the police dog saves the day! ...more
Cheryl
Sep 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
It is very enjoyable. Continuing police situations involving now Detective OReilly and her partner Rolf. Easy and fast reading. ...more
Bronwyn
Jul 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Entertaining

Erin and Rolf continue to follow their instincts and get to the very end of the crime. The characters are believable and interesting. . I will continue this series.
Barbara Jamieson
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love these books - such a light read but holds you as well.
Pam Bales
Jun 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good read

An Irish cop, Irish characters, gamblers, bombs, K-9 officers, set in New York City - it's all good. On to the next.
Asa Swain
Apr 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
An enjoyable mystery about a cop her K-9 partner. I liked watch Erin tangle with the Irish organized crime elements.
Ben Rhodes
Oct 26, 2018
Rebecca
Jan 22, 2020
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Before It's Too Late (FBI K-9 #2)
  • Tracking Game (Timber Creek K-9 Mystery #5)
  • Storm Rising (FBI K-9 #3)
  • Burning Ridge (Timber Creek K-9 Mystery #4)
  • K-9 Outlaw (A Kelton Jager Adventure #1)
  • No Man's Land (FBI K-9 #4)
  • Lone Wolf (FBI K-9 #1)
  • The Redemption Game (The Flint K-9 Search and Rescue Mysteries #3)
  • The Devil's Deal (Raine Stockton Dog Mystery #13)
  • A Borrowing of Bones (Mercy & Elvis Mysteries #1)
  • Inside the Echo (The Flint K-9 Search and Rescue Mysteries #2)
  • By Dog Alone (A Kelton Jager Adventure #2)
  • Armed 'N' Ready (Federal K-9 #2)
  • Hunting Hour (Timber Creek K-9 Mystery, #3)
  • Land of the Free (Raine Stockton Dog Mysteries, #11)
  • The Inca Con (A Rex Dalton Thriller #5)
  • Stalking Ground (Timber Creek K-9 Mystery #2)
  • Smoky Mountain Tracks (Raine Stockton Dog Mysteries, #1)
Steven Henry is the USA Today bestselling author of the Erin OReilly mysteries and the Clarion Chronicles.

Steven learned how to read almost before he learned how to walk. Ever since he began reading stories, he wanted to put his own on the page. He lives a very quiet and ordinary life in Minnesota with his wife and dog.

The Erin O'Reilly Mysteries (7 books)
  • Black Velvet (The Erin O'Reilly Mysteries #1)
  • White Russian (The Erin O'Reilly Mysteries #3)
  • Double Scotch (The Erin O'Reilly K-9 Mysteries #4)
  • Manhattan (The Erin O'Reilly Mysteries #5)
  • Black Magic (The Erin O'Reilly Mysteries #6)
  • Death By Chocolate (The Erin O'Reilly K-9 Mysteries #7)