Start by marking “Cured (Heal Me Series Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Cured (Heal Me Series Book 1)

Cured

(Heal Me #1)

Ember Greene and Trudy Parker met during their college years and on the night that they meet at Shot Therapy to reconnect, Embers’s life begins to change. For six years, Ember has closed off her heart, moving from one man to another, trying to feel something other than her own pain and guilt.

Published August 30th 2018 by Nitewolf Novels

To ask other readers questions about Cured, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cured

Lisa Aiello
Jan 24, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: steamy-romance
This story has a great message and theme to it. Ember, who carries some baggage from her past, uses one-night stands and drinking as a way to escape. She crosses paths with Dr. Colt Barnes, a plastic surgeon, who uses his medical practice to truly help people, and not just facelifts and nose jobs. Colt notices Ember in a bar they both frequent, and sees that she is often leaving with a new guy. He takes it upon himself to show her that her life can be much more than that, and issues her a propos ...more
Coco.V
Feb 06, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on iBooks today (2/6/2019)! 🎁

Blurb:
Ember Greene and Trudy Parker met during their college years and on the night that they meet at Shot Therapy to reconnect, Embers's life begins to change. For six years, Ember has closed off her heart, moving from one man to another, trying to feel something other than her own pain and guilt.

Colt Barnes is a plastic surgeon who strives to give people a better quality of life, especially children. The night he watches Ember leave the bar with another one
Becky Claxon
Aug 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ember and Trudy were at NightCaps having a drink when Ember caught a good looking guys eye. Ember went over and asked if she could buy the guy a drink. Colt (who is a plastic surgeon) asked Ember if that line really worked. Ember looked at him and thought he was way more handsome than the guy she was hitting on, but he had all the trappings of being rich so out of her league. Ember just ignored him and went back to her table with the other guy. Colt had noticed Ember for the last six months pick ...more
Rhonda
Jul 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The pain of Ember’s past was too much to handle, so she used alcohol and sex to help her forget. After breaking two toes and getting a black eye, Ember finally admitted what a mess her life was and that she needed to make some changes and clean her act up.
Colt was a busy surgeon that would join his friends at the local bar, Shot Therapy, a couple of times a week to relax and de-stress. Colt had noticed Ember at the bar several times that he had been there, and it seemed that she always left wit
Amy Dickinson
Jan 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cured, the first book of the Heal Me Series, follows the characters of Colt and Ember. Ember is a young woman who is moving through life in a fog. She sleeps with a different man each week. She finds momentary pleasure without the emotional investment. Colt is a do-gooder plastic surgeon who notices Ember at the bar where she picks up men. He asks her out on a date where he challenges her to date him for a month during which he will show her how a “good man” should treat her. From the beginning, ...more
Jen
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a great kick off to a new series. I enjoyed reading this story about Ember and Colt. It was an interesting twist to have the girl, Ember using alcohol and one night stands to fumble through life and attempt to forget about her past. Colt being a plastic surgeon and appears to have himself all together. Ember and Colt cross paths in a bar that they both frequent and even though Colt approaches Ember, she dismisses him as too good for her. Colt is patient and continues to notice Ember at the ...more
Cathy Tremblay
Aug 30, 2018 rated it really liked it

When Ember died inside years ago, nothing could touch her anymore; she wanders feeling numb.
She escapes her past and her boring life by filling the void by drinking and sleeping around; sex is the only thing that can make her feel like she’s still partly alive somehow….That is until she meets Colt but she swore she would stay away from hot, sexy rich men. Colt is drawn to Ember and he wants to help her and save her from herself. Tragedy can destroy someone but sometimes all you need to g
Cheryl Sanders
4.5 Stars
This is book one of the Heal Me series and it features Colt and Ember. Wow! This book takes you on an emotional roller coaster. Colt is a beautiful humanitarian. He wants to help everyone and in his medical practice, he does. Also, his patient gift bags are AWESOME! He’s an amazing man. I was surprisingly shocked at his tattoos. I am wondering about his choice of friends though. Walker is an irritating gossip and Whitney belongs in the psych ward. His proposition to Ember totally sounde
Ellen
Sep 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
For the past several years, Ember preferred one night stands then getting involved in a relationship…it makes life much easy for her and it helps hide her pain…a pain that she prefers not to share with anyone! Colt, a plastic surgeon, has seen Ember leave the local bar “Shot Therapy” several times and always with a different guy! Even though she seems to like these one night stands, he feels she has much more to offer someone and when he finally meets her, he offers her a challenge…a challenge t ...more
J Young
Apr 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
A feel-good romance!

Ember Greene lives hand-to-mouth and works a lower class furniture store, while Colt Barnes has a six-figure bank balance and lives in luxury. They make an unlikely couple, but love has its own agenda, even though neither of them wants to follow them. This book made for a fun afternoons read.

I like that Ember was actually strong even though she was damaged and Colt was able to see the real woman. Stacy Eaton really fleshed out the characters and gave them a humanity I could r
Patti
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love this series from Stacy Eaton!! I really love that she tells the story in both POV. Ember Green had a very traumatic experience and since that day she struggles to feel so she bounces from lover to lover. When Dr Colt Barnes lays eyes on Ember, he can not get her out of his mind. Colt convinces Ember to try a relationship with him, stop sleeping around, and when she does her heart slowly opens!! Everyone must read this spectacular love story and learn how love can really heal a broken heart! ...more
Mommysuz
Sep 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
WOW what a story! The title says it all. Ember really needed to be cured. She was in so much emotion pain. She thought she could fight her demonds with sex. Until she accidentally met Colt. He knew who Embre was from the bar. Colt knew how many men she was with. He offered her an amazing proposal. Hopefully it will help cure Embre. I love how Stacy Eaton writes her stories from both characters. I highly recommend, you will not be disappointed.

*I reviewed this book voluntarily, having made no com
Carrie-anne Zurcher
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I got this book for free for an honest review.

At first I was concerned that the main character of this book was going to bring me down with her mistreatment of others and total emotional disconnect from others, but you soon understand why she is the way she is.

The love that then grows between her and Colt is very simple and amazing, no big rich guy trying to control the female character, no big hang ups in his past - just a sweet man who falls for a girls.

I was pleasantly surprised.
Margery Baker
Jan 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love finds a way
Ember has a history of one-night stands, but when Colt meets her he really doesn’t care. As a plastic surgeon he deals with children to promote their chance for a better life. He finally gets Ember to go out with him, and their story is inspiring. Great characters, story, and writing.
Looking forward to the rest of the series.
I voluntarily reviewed an Advanced Reader Copy of this book.
Linda
Jul 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ember has shut her feelings off since a tragedy and deals with it with drinking and one night stands, working a dead end job and barely surviving.
Colt is a special kind of plastic surgeon and sees Ember at the bar and wonders what causes a beautiful woman like her to settle for so little, even though he does not have a girlfriend himself.
A four week challenge turns into a forever love for them both.
Jaime
Aug 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Who meets the perfect guy in a bar?

Ember and Colt. She was so damaged. He saw beyond the tough outer shell to the woman she wanted to be. While he helped her heal, can he really see beyond her past. Especially when he catches her in what appears to be a very compromising position...

Cured was a great story. Well-written with awesome characters. I really enjoyed this book
Tracey Tranter
Jan 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
This story is beautiful and shows that life is worth hanging onto, and that we all deserve love even if we didn't believe it.

The story is told from dual points of view which I think only adds to the story line.

I voluntarily reviewed an Advanced Reader Copy of this book for Hidden Gems
Coral Mitchell
Jul 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ember let her emotional pain rule her life. Colt spends all his time healing children and is drawn to Ember. Colt's friends are terrible, and he lets their opinions sway him. He must decide if he trusts Ember, even knowing her past. I voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book.
Lea Meyer
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. Ember was dealing with some stuff in her past and Colt helped her get through it. They fell in love along the way. Loved the progression of their relationship. Can't wait to read the rest of this series.

I voluntarily reviewed this book after receiving a free copy.
Kimkbries
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you look at a picture of a perfect guy, you would see Colt’s picture. The journey he shared with Ember was so memorable. Reading as they both found happiness with each other and within themselves was a story that was so well done.
Ellen
Aug 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a really good book. Ember is traumatized by a event from her past. She buries herself in meaningless one night stands to avoid dealing. Colt notices her and is immediately drawn to her. He believes she is worth more than that and sets out to prove it to her. Can he?
brii h
Jul 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great story line

This book is a great love story.
I had a little trouble with the writing repeating but the story and ending was worth it. I do wish there was more of an ending but for a new to me author it was good. I may even read more of her works.
Judy Tucker
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great characters and well developed plot. These characters will get into your heart as you read their story.
Nate
Jan 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed Colt & Ember's story. It was a very intriguing book...I'm voluntarily leaving an honest review for a copy of the book via gemsbooks.
Judith Fletcher
Sep 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
You've done it again!

Samantha Reeves
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ember and Colt couldn't be more different, but one challenge could change their lives forever. Will it be for the good or the bad?

Seriously couldn't put this book down!
Bonnie
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely wonderful! Just bought the rest of the series even though I usually don't spend that much on an e-book series. Many freebies that are good.
Debra
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love conquers all

I'm so glad that I was finally able to read this story albeit in a revised form. Colt and Embers story didn't disappoint. These two come together despite huge hurdles and other people's prejudice. A truly wonderful read.
Cheryl
Feb 19, 2019
Gloria Ibbetson
Jul 17, 2019
Stacy Eaton is a USA Today Best Selling author and began her writing career in October of 2010. Stacy took an early retirement from law enforcement after over fifteen years of service in 2016, with her last three years in investigations and crime scene investigation to write full time.

Stacy resides in southeastern Pennsylvania with her husband, who works in law enforcement, and her teen daughter.

Heal Me (4 books)
  • Revived (Heal Me Series Book 2)
  • Mended (Heal Me Series Book 3)
  • Rescued (Heal Me Series Book 4)