Start by marking “Defending Morgan (Mountain Mercenaries, #3)” as Want to Read:
Defending Morgan (Mountain Mercenaries, #3)

Defending Morgan

(Mountain Mercenaries #3)

Protection leads to passion in New York Times bestselling author Susan Stoker’s dangerously hot Mountain Mercenaries adventure.

Dispatched to the Dominican Republic to rescue a kidnapped child, former Navy SEAL Archer “Arrow” Kane makes a startling discovery: another hostage—Morgan Byrd, a very beautiful and very well-known missing person who disappeared off the streets of
Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 282 pages
Published March 5th 2019 by Montlake Romance

To ask other readers questions about Defending Morgan, please sign up.
Susan Stoker I try really hard to make each book a stand alone! So I think so, yes. You'll see references to the books that come before the one you're reading, but…moreI try really hard to make each book a stand alone! So I think so, yes. You'll see references to the books that come before the one you're reading, but not enough to confuse you about what's happening in the current book you're reading! :) (less)

Start your review of Defending Morgan (Mountain Mercenaries, #3)
Mindy Lou's Book Review
So good! This series is my favorite from this author so far. The Mountain Mercenaries is a team made up of former military of different branches that focus solely on saving women and children. Each book has a new mission and the content has some pretty heavy stuff. These women and children are being saved from something truly horrible, and then to find love in the process is a beautiful thing to read.

The heroines are strong women who have overcome some very serious situations. The heroes are tou
Erth
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
DEFENDING MORGAN by Susan Stoker. To say I loved this book is a bit of an understatement. Morgan and Arrow are one of the best couples I've read about - they just clicked. Arrow rescues Morgan and helps her get back on her feet. Morgan struggles to return to her normal, all the while danger lurks. I liked Morgan, despite being traumatized, she is still strong yet recognizes when she might need some help. Arrow is strong and sexy and so patient and understanding when it comes to Morgan that my he ...more
"Avonna
Jun 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: net-galley
Check out all of my reviews at: https://www.avonnalovesgenres.com

DEFENDING MORGAN (Mountain Mercenaries Book 3) by Susan Stoker is another exciting romantic suspense addition to the Mountain Mercenaries series. All of these books can be read as standalones, but there is character crossover with each book adding another HEA to the group of friends.

Ex-Navy SEAL Archer “Arrow” Kane is part of a team sent by Rex, the leader of the Mountain Mercenaries to the Dominican Republic to rescue a kidnapped
Caz
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was ok
I've given this a D+ at AAR.

Susan Stoker is a popular and prolific author of romantic suspense novels and has written several long-running series in the genre.  I recently listened to an audiobook (Rescuing Mary (Delta Force Heroes) #9) of one of her titles, and wasn’t wowed by it; I’d failed to realise it was the last book (of nine) in a series, but I wasn’t lost so much as I’d clearly missed out on some important details regarding the central couple, whose relationship had been building since
Susan Stoker
Mar 04, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)

It's LIVE!
Someone wants her gone and forgotten. An Alpha Mercenary wants her here and now.

Amazon: https://amzn.to/2LkhqYH
Audio: https://adbl.co/2tmHyXi

FIRST 2 CHAPTERS HERE
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
ARC received for review

Arrow was amazing and perfect for newly rescued Morgan. This book was so realistic after the trauma and hardships that she went through. The kidnapper....OH MY....never saw that one coming. The rest of the team are just as amazing as always.

Loved the teaser about Black's book, but I was hoping it was going to be Ball after...no spoilers here.
Big Joe  Rossi
Jun 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Archer “Arrow” Kane and the team are in the Dominican Republican on a quest to rescue a 5 yr girl, taken by her father and kidnapped. What they never expect is to find Morgan Byrd, a high profile missing persons case for over a year, in the hut where they find little Nina.

What Archer doesnt expect is her beauty, her resolve, her strength. The more he works to rescue her and get her to safety and back to the USA the more enamored he becomes with her and the idea of keeping her safe and figuring
Anita
Feb 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: romantic-supense, arc

In words once immortalized by The King: "A little less conversation, a little more action." That is my feeling about this book, way to much narrative and way to little action after first few chapters. Add to that the whole kidnapped, abused woman trope, it just doesn't work for me.

While on an op to rescue a kidnapped child, Archer "Arrow" Kane and the Mountain Mercenary's get a
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Defending Morgan by Susan Stoker is book Three in the Mountain Mercenaries Series. This is the story of Archer 'Arrow' Kane and Morgan Byrd. I have read the previous books, but feel if you wish you can make this a standalone book.
Arrow is sent on a mission to rescue a child that has been taken and thought to be in the Santo Domingo. There he does find the child but he also finds Morgan. Morgan was taken over a year ago and has lived through abuse. Only happy that the child will be saved she did
Jenn (YeahOrNeighReviews)
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: beta-arc
When the rescue of an abducted child, leads the team of mercenaries to discover a woman who's been missing for over a year, the mission becomes more than they planned for. Morgan Byrd has been through literal hell since she was kidnapped, but discovering that someone has been paying to keep her alive and in another country, has her questioning everyone close to her. "Arrow" Kane feels protective of Morgan and those feelings quickly develop into a strong attraction that he can't fight, but the da ...more
Michelle
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed, 2019-read
Susan Stoker delivered another heartbreaking, heart-gripping, intense, and powerful story.

I adored Arrow and Morgan's connection.... It was something she most desperately needed. Her strength and resilience matched his patience and determination.

If you are looking for a beautifully intense but yet nicely easy-to-read-and-fall-for story, this is it.
Christina Rodrigues
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Defending Morgan is the third book in Susan Stoker’s Mountain Mercenaries Series. This book is action packed filled with great characters, chemistry, intimacy and a great love story.

Former Navy Seal Archer “Arrow” Kane accidentally discovers Morgan Byrd in a shack in Santo Domingo while rescuing a child who had been abducted by her father. Morgan has been missing for over a year, but while she has been victimized during her ordeal, Arrow is amazed to find her resilient, brave and unbroken.

Their
Jara Beaubien
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: review
As always the author has not failed in delivering a great book, with a story that touched my heart, The characters are great, everyone of them, ok they are Alphas to the 10th degree, but they are also men capable of loving and protecting the ones they love.
Having been sent to the Dominican Republic to rescue a kidnapped child, former Navy SEAL Archer “Arrow” Kane, manages to discover Morgan Byrd, a woman who has been missing for a year now.
Morgan is a beautiful and strong woman, and well know si
Veronica
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

I ploughed through the first quarter of Defending Morgan which is full of action as Arrow and the team try to get Morgan to safety and back to the USA. The pace of the story is good all the way through but there are a few parts of the book full of action and danger and they had me completely sucked in and on the edge of my seat. The mystery of who actually had Morgan kidnapped is well done too.

Arrow and Morgan develop a conn
 Reading In Pajamas
✦Review: DEFENDING MORGAN (Mountain Mercenaries Book 3) by Susan Stoker https://wp.me/p3d0RZ-b3l
Publication Date: March 5, 2019
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Reviewed by: Reading in Pajamas/ Donna
Rated 4 Stars

was riveted to this exciting romantic suspense story. Archer had me hooked right away and wormed his way into my heart. He was the perfect gentle-tough-guy for Morgan. She went through hell and back but kept her inner strength. I liked how she was strong and still allowed herself to lean on the
Anja H.
Jun 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
*3.75 SNATCHED STARS*

Not a bad book!
This was definitely more of a romance on the romantic suspense scale (I would've preferred a bit more action/suspense myself).
This book focused more on the relationship between Arrow and Morgan and the aftermath of what she's been through. I LOVE how kind and understanding Arrow is!

This was my first Mountain Mercenaries book but I'll definitely go back and read the first two!

Received a free copy of this book from the publisher through Netgalley in exchange f
Ruthie Taylor
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads ~~

This is the third book in the series and is just as good (maybe better) than the previous two. I would recommend that you read them in order, as it will bring out some of the fine detail, but it is excellent on its own too. I am assuming in my review that you have read them.

Morgan's story is beautifully told, and has an incredibly shocking explanation. I had to stop reading a few times, because as I started to piece it
Carrie
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
First of all, this story is E P I C! Morgan's strength is what draws Arrow to her, and it's what draws the reader in, as well. At least, it did THIS reader!

I love the instant connection, and the care Arrow takes w/ Morgan throughout their story. Even when he has a misstep, he's quick to apologize & do anything & everything to make sure Morgan knows he's there for her. ESPECIALLY during the HEA portion of their HEA. LOVE!!!

We also get to see more interaction w/ Allye & Chloe & their men, and al
Marie
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I wish we could all have a Mountain Mercenary of our own!

You cannot help but love all the Mountain Mercenaries because whilst they are strong, steely, Alpha males they worship, protect and respect their women. They seem to know exactly when their women need them to protect them, when to stand next to them giving emotional support and when to stand behind them, supporting them whilst they make their own point. Swoon! They have it all and Archer is no different, from the second he sees Morgan he k
Elisa
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Well, that was suspenseful and thrilling. I had an idea who was behind it all but I have to say it was still a bloody shock when it was confirmed, honestly, I thought I was crazy thinking it but just wow some people are just downright evil.

Arrow, gorgeous a retired marine and a Moutain Mercenary, that's pretty much a woman's dream man right there, add in his neat freak side and that he can cook a mean omelet and you have a seriously good package...lol not to mention his protective, sweet and lov
Kahea
***5 Stars***

And we have another great addition to the series! Not that I really doubted that would be the case, but sometimes it just needs to be put out into the world. I was hooked from the very start and was totally into seeing Arrow and Morgan not only get their HEA , but finding out just who was behind Morgan’s kidnapping and when it was finally revealed...let’s just say I didn’t really see that one coming at all.

I adored Arrow. This man is all kinds of goodness right down to his DNA.
Denise H
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: military-romance
This book was awesome! I loved everything about it. Stoker has a way of writing that grabs your attention and pulls you in from the start. There is always a certain draw to her characters that keeps me invested with them throughout the read, as well as the fact that she always integrates real, believable scenarios surrounding the characters; whether it is abuse, bullying, appearance, social awkwardness, etc., regardless of the circumstances, they have something important and monumental to overco ...more
patrick Lorelli
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: suspense-romance
In this third book, when the Mountain Mercenaries go into the Dominic Republic to rescue a child. Archer one of the rescuers realizes that the other person in the room is Morgan Byrd. She has been missing for a year and she is standing in front of the girl protecting her. Archer is immediately attracted to her, by her strength and resilience. The team splits up and Archer and Morgan go a different way to throw off the guards. The guards though are tracking them and not the girl. Morgan is keepin ...more
Samantha
Jan 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: hot-alphas
Arrow and Morgan’s story was page turner from start to finish. Arrow along with his teammates from mountain Mercenaries were on a mission to rescue a little girl who was taken by her father to the Dominican Republic and not returned to her mother. When they found the little girl they also found Morgan who went missing over a year ago.

Arrow and Morgan have an instant connection. He makes her feel safe , something she hasn’t been in over a year since she was kidnapped. Arrow is on a mission to fin
Nicole
Feb 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Defending Morgan
By Susan Stoker

Defending Morgan is the third book in the Mountain Mercenaries series by Susan Stoker and the series just keeps getting better and better! I mean who wouldn’t love to read about a hot hero finding the love of his life in a Caribbean jungle. Ms. Stoker has the ability to ensnare the reader from page one and not let them go until the end of the book!

On a mission to retrieve a kidnapped child, Archer “Arrow” Kane and his band of friends also discover another kidnap v
1-Click Addict Support Group
Feb 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Recovery and love…

This was another suspense and romance-filled romanced from Susan Stoker! Her military men are top of their game and when their latest mission results in not one but two rescues, the drama was just beginning…

Morgan had been through hell but Arrow and his team not only brought her home but provided the support she needed to move forward. The physical chemistry between the two main characters didn’t hurt either. Complicated family and a mystery not yet solved, meant Morgan wasn’t
Alison
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 Action Packed, Beautiful Heart-Breaking Stars!!!

I was given this book in turn for an honest review.

When Arrow and his team are sent on their latest mission, they discover more than they had anticipated. No mission is without it’s surprises and Arrow wasn’t prepared for the strong, intense feelings of protection he’d feel towards Morgan. When they return home, it’s clear Morgan’s life is still in danger. Arrow will risk everything to protect his woman.

Susan Stoker takes us straight into the act
Vicki
I love this series. It's like making new friends and seeing old ones. The first book Gray and Allye met when he was protecting her. In book 2 Chloe and Ro met but Allye and Gray took part in it. Now we have Morgan and Arrow.

In this book in the series Arrow and other Mountain Mercenaries go to find and bring back a little girl named Nina whose dad kidnapped her. They end up finding Morgan who was kidnapped, abused, and held against her will for a year.

All of the Mountain Mercenaries have been in
Debbie
Mar 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Trigger - physical implementation of sexual violence
OMG this was my favorite in the series. Not only for the story but for the male lead. I absolutely know that Arrow is my favorite of the bunch. He was so kind in waiting, so gentle in her needs and protective even in weakness. His character is a true man through and through. Please know that the lead female was just a strong as the male was in her strength to overcome her torment and understanding in the needs to the end. The was a very predict
charles boehm
Mar 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great Book

Susan Stoker never fails to write a great book! So great that you lose track of time. Defending Morgan is a great addition to the Mountain Merceenaries series. It had lots of action, great storyline, and yes that great romance that were looking for in a romance book. If your looking for a feel good book with a great ending this would be it. I recommend it wholeheartedly.

• Brooks (Gold Team #1; Special Forces: Operation Alpha)
  • Thaddeus (Gold Team #2)
  • Rescuing Erin (The Red Team #5; Special Forces: Operation Alpha)
  • Maximus (Special Forces: Operation Alpha, Gold Team #4)
  • Kyle (Special Forces: Operation Alpha / Gold Team Book 3)
  • Finding Mercy (The Next Generation #3)
  • Rescuing Gracelynn (Special Forces: Operation Alpha / Bravo RISC Team #1)
  • Claiming Tuesday (The Next Generation #4)
  • SEAL's Spitfire (Special Forces: Operation Alpha / Black Eagle Book 1)
  • Declan
  • Chasing Honor (The Next Generation #2)
  • Saving Meadow (The Next Generation #1)
  • Nightstalker (The Red Team #1)
  • Recovering Ivy (The Red Team #4; Special Forces: Operation Alpha)
  • Redeeming Violet (The Red Team #3; Special Forces: Operation Alpha)
  • Protecting Olivia (The Red Team #2; Special Forces: Operation Alpha)
  • Taking Liberty (The Next Generation #7)
  • Adoring Delaney (The Next Generation #5)

New York Times, USA Today, and Wall Street Journal Bestselling Author, Susan Stoker has a heart as big as the state of Tennessee where she lives, but this all American girl has also spent the last fourteen years living in Missouri, California, Colorado, Indiana, and Tennessee. She's married to a retired Army man who now gets t

Mountain Mercenaries (7 books)
  • Defending Allye (Mountain Mercenaries, #1)
  • Defending Chloe (Mountain Mercenaries, #2)
  • Defending Harlow (Mountain Mercenaries, #4)
  • Defending Everly (Mountain Mercenaries, #5)
  • Defending Zara (Mountain Mercenaries, #6)
  • Defending Raven (Mountain Mercenaries,  #7)