Start by marking “Exercising Restraint” as Want to Read:
Exercising Restraint

Exercising Restraint

(Different Dynamics #2)

Pierce may have a crush on Steve, his sweet, funny personal trainer, but he doesn’t plan to act on it. They have a great relationship in the gym but are also friends outside of it, and Pierce has no intention of jeopardizing that. Besides, he may be an omega, but he’s got a good handle on his body’s biology. He’s not worried he’ll accidentally take things too far.

Steve may
ebook
Published July 30th 2018 by NineStar Press

To ask other readers questions about Exercising Restraint, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Exercising Restraint

Ravensong by T.J. KluneTight Quarters by Annabeth AlbertA Gentleman Never Keeps Score by Cat SebastianUnfit to Print by K.J. CharlesBalefire by Jordan L. Hawk
July 2018 MM Releases
101 books — 201 voters
Wake Me Up Inside by Cardeno C.Pretty Poison by Kari GreggI, Omega by Kari GreggIn Your Eyes by Cardeno C.Until Forever Comes by Cardeno C.
M/M Knotting
226 books — 117 voters

More lists with this book...

* A Reader Obsessed *
3.5 Hearts

Not necessarily a direct sequel, this is in the same ABO world and briefly features Richard and James from Different Dynamics.

This was an enjoyable, simple, friends to lovers romance where both Pierce and Steve think the other isn’t interested, and neither is brave enough to rock the boat, wanting to preserve their client/trainer relationship by keeping things strictly professional.

However, a fortuitous terrible storm happens, forcing Pierce and Steve into tight quarters just as Pierc
Truuss
Aug 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018, m-m
Steve is Pierce’s personal trainer. Both think the other is far out of reach. Steve is oblivious about Pierce’s appreciative ogling eyes, he even feels inferior.

When Pierce is going into heat he covers up the smell with blockers.
Steve as an Alpha does smell this covered up heating and has trouble to resist.

With the cold and snow Steve insists to take Pierce home.

The weather is getting worse so Steve has stay the night. As a good Alpha he wants to take care of Pierce but doesn’t want to
SoCalBookReviews
Jul 31, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars
This is the second book in this series and the second time I really wish these books were longer. I really liked reading this one (and the previous book) because we get a hot and steamy story but they just left me wanting more. I really do think this was good though and the author made sure that for a shorter book, the flow of the story is really well written and the plot keeps you immersed in the book.

Omega Pierce has a crush on his Alpha personal trainer Steve. Steve is completely obl
Joyfully Jay
Aug 24, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: jay
A Joyfully Jay review.

Exercising Restraint is the second book in Tamir Drake’s Different Dynamics series, though the story mostly stands alone. Two of the MCs from Different Dynamics show up here briefly, but you don’t need to be familiar with their story to follow along. I enjoyed the first book and found it light, easy fun with an omegaverse twist, and this story has pretty much the same tone. The story is short and things don’t go too deep, but Drake does a nice job establishing the
Blackmermaid
Jul 24, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m

This is the second book in the Different Dynamics series. I haven't read Different Dynamics yet, but this is a standalone.

Since Pierce works from home, he goes to the gym three times a week where Steve is his personal trainer. I love stories where there's an unrequited crush and this one did not disappoint! I've read a few A/B/O stories with knotting, but there isn't (view spoiler)

I wish this was longer! I would
Allyce
Jul 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
This review first appeared on the blog Ally's Appraisals: https://wp.me/p37L0Q-Zp

My Thoughts: Exercising Restraint proves to be just as punchy as the first book of the series, Different Dynamics. Set in the same world as the first novel, the second expands upon the concept of the Alpha/Beta/Omega (A/B/O) universe and features two incredibly likeable characters.

While I enjoyed the characters, Richard, James, and Dmitry from the first novel, I really found myself falling in love with Steve and Pie
Natosha Wilson
Aug 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a good quick read. I really enjoyed this book. It is an Alpha/omega non shifter book,

Steve is a trainer and an alpha. Pierce works from home, trains with Steve to stay in shape, and is an omega. Both know what the other is but neither have ever really brought the matter up before. Both men have a secret that they are hiding from the other as well. They both have crushes on the other man but have never mentioned it, acted upon it, or even considered it since they are friends as well as
Rachel
Jul 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read. Pierce and Steve are couple who are equally adorable and sexy. Love this dynamic and feels it always makes for a great read. Unique world mixed with what you would expect, you'll want to read this again and again. This is a first time read for me from this author, I guess this is the second book in the Different Dynamics Series, but I didn't feel lost at all and can be read as a standalone. Can't wait for the next. This book was provided by the author via IndiGo Marketing & Desig ...more
Ali
Aug 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
A Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words Review An Alisa Review:

Rating: 4 stars out of 5

I really liked this story just as much as the last one. We get a small chance to see Richard and James from Different Dynamics but there is no requirement to read that book to enjoy this story. Steve is completely oblivious to Pierce’s flirting and doesn’t think that anyone would really want him. Pierce feels safe with Steve and when they get snowed in together finally lets Steve know how he feels.

Perce and Steve
Dec 01, 2018
Maggie
added it
Nov 16, 2018
Tamir has the tendency to write feelings into everything, no matter how filthy. He’s not all that sorry about it.

Join Tamir's mailing list to stay updated on releases.

Different Dynamics (2 books)
  • Different Dynamics