Start by marking “TJ (The Davenports #2)” as Want to Read:
TJ (The Davenports #2)

TJ

(The Davenports #2)

TJ Davenport isn’t looking for love. It’s the last thing on his mind. He’s rebuilding his life after his last tour of duty. Thanks to his brother, he’s living in LA and finding new purpose working with the vets at the community center. He’s finding his feet again and doing okay—not great—but okay.

He’s slowly coming to terms with what he saw and what he lived through. It’l
ebook
Published July 28th 2018 by Xenion, Inc

To ask other readers questions about TJ, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about TJ

J Buntin
Jul 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have read every book I can find from SJ ! I was fortunate to receive an ARC copy of this book . Once again I am amazed at how quickly I fall in love with every new person she writes about . She gives you such detail you will feel as though you have made new best friends , as well as visiting some of your old pals from her other books . Tj and Dani are my new favorites . You wont be able to put this one down !! Thank you for keeping my heart company once again SJ ! I would give this one 10 star ...more
Tonya Pierce
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
TJ is struggling to live a full life knowing that his fallen brothers will never get the chance. Dani is floundering trying to find her purpose while trying to not forget her brother. After being devastated by a journalist’s cruel actions, TJ doesn’t want to be around Dani but he is instantly attracted to her. She has to prove that she is just Dani and journalism’s just a job that pays the bills. Dani has to realize that bringing someone new into her life doesn’t mean that she has to give up her ...more
Linda
Jul 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Are you ready for TJ? I meen are you really ready for his story? The Davenports series are a little different from SJ McCoy's other series. To me they are more emotional...

TJ and Dani's story made me laugh and made me cry.
They are perfect together, have great chemistry and are just the people you want to be friends with.
I love the Center and it's great to get a chance to visit with it's people!

I would definitely recommend this book! Just make sure you ready to read about it.
Jamie Rhodes
Jul 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this contemporary romance book. TJ, the broken Davenport, is a cautious character. Dani, a broken reporter, is also a cautious character. Their book is about learning how to cope when life just doesn't go your way. It's about letting other people in, but also knowing when you need just some "you" time. I love reading SJ's books because there is no angst. You can just enjoy the book and know that somewhere down the road these couples will have their HEA. Dual point of view. No cliffhanger.
Jodi
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved TJ and Dani’s story!! They were both broken in someway but they helped heal each other even though they would always have the hurt they would just be there for one another!! Their story will make you happy and make you cry in a matter of pages. It warms your heart. This is the sweetest story and I would recommend this book to everyone!!
Robin Geary
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another great story from SJ McCoy. I love the writing style of all her stories. This one tugged at my heart strings a bit. Two broken souls connected to become one. TJ and Dani were so sweet together but I also loved the sparks in the beginning when they tried not to like one another. Great story, great characters and lots of mentions of some old friends and favorite locations.
Sara Heisler
Becky Claxon
Jul 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved, loved, loved this book! It touched my heart, and made me think of so many others and the pain they go through. I did have some tears through this book, but they were good tears. TJ lost his friends while fighting overseas. He came back a different man, but he has been a big part of the projects his brother Oscar and his fiancé Grace head up. In the first book, Oscar put his money into repairing and bringing up the building to code where vets, single mothers, children, etc. can go to han ...more
Carolyne Wood
Jul 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
TJ and Dani is the second book in the Davenports series.
I’ve been eagerly awaiting this read and I’m not disappointed.
TJ is the brother of Oscar who is a wealthy businessman, but TJ didn’t go down the same route, he’s recently back from a tour of duty where he lost some of his friends in combat, so he’s a lost soul who doesn’t know quite know what to do with his life and who has no trust in woman after being hurt by someone he thought he loved who just happens to be a journalist, so when is head
Jul 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Received an ARC of this book.
TJ Davenport is a troubled soul, damaged by his time in Afghanistan, he is learning how to live again- how to live with the loss of his "brothers". He came home, he has a family, he has his natural brothers, Oscar and Reid, but he lost brothers in action. He's beginning to get somewhere, finding purpose working in a centre run by his brother Oscar's fiancee, Grace. This life suits him, no limelight, unlike Oscar. He agrees to conduct an interview on Grace's behalf to
Laurie Louis
Jul 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
SJ McCoy’s second book in the Davenport series is a hit! I love TJ and his story with Dani.
TJ’s story starts as he is trying to rebuild his life after serving in the military. In the meantime, we learn that he hates reporters because of a bad experience in his past. Enter Dani Walsh, of course a reporter. She has a past and loss of her own as her brother was killed in action. Thrown together on more than one occasion, the two work together to heal each other.
I fell more in love with the story w
Karen Lambert-sykes
TJ’s is Oscars brother he's trying to rebuild his life after serving in the military and losing a lot of his military brothers, he's suffering with survivors guilty and also trying to get over a previous relationship that left him finding it hard to trust especially journalists.

And then along comes Dani a journalist and as much as he tries not to like her he find himself sending more time with her learning she has her own past heartbreak from losing her brother who also served in the marines.

Osc
Carolyn
Jul 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a beautiful, emotional, romance book! The intriguing character of TJ Davenport is a very complex man that is attempting to slowly regain his life after losing hid “Brothers” in military missions. He meets Dani, a reporter, who is trying to find her place in life. They, both, are coping with loved ones who were lost in the war & in time, TJ & Dani find out they have so much in common. A very emotional book about family, friends, & coworkers, their interaction, plus the reader wil ...more
C
Jul 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My, my, my…27 books later! I've read them all and SJ McCoy never disappoints me. I found this author by fluke, and I'm always waiting graciously for the next one, knowing it will be great!

TJ and Dani are a power couple together. Strong characters with scars that run deep. I felt their pain, their joy, and their passion. McCoy can do that for you. This is book 2 in the series and I love reading the "true" love between siblings and family, which holds true for families from the Big Sky Country. If
Wendy Livingstone
Jul 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in this phenomenal series, and is TJ and Dani’s story. Both of these characters are broken souls, and together they support and heal each other. I loved the secondary characters. This is a beautifully written story, which is emotional, heartbreaking, fun, humorous, and an all-round entertaining story. I was totally captivated by this engaging page turner, and cannot wait to read more from this extremely talented author. I cannot recommend this authors’ work highly enough, ...more
Wendy Livingstone
Mags
TJ was a very enjoyable story. That held my interest throughout. Thanks to likeable characters and an engaging story and I loved the way it unfolded and how TJ and Dani's romance developed.

Plus, it was well paced, had a nice mix of angst, sweetness, and heat. As well as some lighter moments, and it was great to catch up with TJ's brother Oscar and his fiancee Grace. As well as the characters at the centre, including fellow vet Terry. And anyone who has enjoyed SJ McCoys previous stories, includi
linda reynolds
Jul 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love,love,love this book

I loved both books can't wait to read about reid. Love how sensitive you portrayed Dani and tj . All the characters come to life, I don't think we could talk about our boys (and girls) that go and do what they do an the sacrifices that r made by them and their families. I don't want to give the book away but just read it . A book is a window to the world and the books that I have read of yours (nearly all) have given me an insight of this (teddy). Love an best wishes Lind
Joanna Brocklehurst smith
We met TJ in the first in this series, Oscar. Now TJ was a bit of a mystery, but all is revealed here. He is definitely one to fall for. With his ’keep away’ exterior, and his soft centre, he is one of my top 10 book men.
Dani, also has a past, but between them both they fill the voids in the other.
A really great book.
Regan Pierce
Wonderful!

This is a book I enjoyed on many levels. The lead characters were unapologetically broken but learned that they can support and celebrate each other’s flaws. No one is perfect, and that’s OK. Also, some of the secondary characters made me want to kiss them through my Kindle screen! I have come to expect great things from this author and she never disappoints.
Jodi
Loved it!!

Joanna Brocklehurst smith
Aug 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
We met TJ in the first in this series, Oscar. Now TJ was a bit of a mystery, but all is revealed here. He is definitely one to fall for. With his ’keep away’ exterior, and his soft center, he is one of my top 10 book men.
Dani, also has a past, but between them both they fill the voids in the other.
A really great book.
Brandi Sartin lawrence
Great book! Have a box of tissues ready!!! TJ and Dani might be my favorite book yet! That’s hard to do with Shane and the rest of the gang. If you or you know someone who has served in the military then this book will pull at your heartstrings.
Colleen Mckinney-Laginess

I am so glad that TJ finally was able to find happiness and begin to heal with Dan's help. SJ McCoy is an amazing writer. I hope you write a story for Terry and Barbara too. They are so cute. Thanks for such great reads.
Carrie LaForge
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loves this book. It shows the struggle of soldiers after military. It shows the struggle of losing someone that was in the military. It shows How grief can also help pull you go someone also.

Awesome story.
Ms Lisa Smith
SJ has done it again!!!

Well what can I say it’s been a long time since I have actually cried and felt so connected to the characters in a book..the last time was April’s and Eddie story. Cannot wait for the next instalment ;
June Rodgers
Love this series.

A McCoy writes wonderful stories about romance, friends and family. Her characters are believable and easy to like and the romance is off the charts I would recommend them to everyone.
Beverly
Jul 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow yet again a winner SJ Danni and TJ got together despite any thing in their way another couple to love. It's getting so difficult to pick a favourite. But these two are my new top of the list. Thank you SJ love it Hu g s X
Julia Diaz
Jul 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
He's So Sweet

TJ and Dani are perfect for each other. They both need tender loving care and they find it with each other. Another great book SJ!!!!
Kris
Jul 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow, just wow! A quick, powerful read with a beautiful love story. No angst or drama, just a wonderful heartfelt story. Loved every second!
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Hi, I'm SJ. A coffee addict, lover of chocolate and drinker of good red wines. I'm a lost soul and a hopeless romantic. Reading and writing are necessary parts of who I am. Though perhaps not as necessary as coffee! I can drink coffee without writing, but I can't write without coffee.

I grew up loving romance novels, my first boyfriends were book boyfriends, but life intervened, as it tends to do,

The Davenports (3 books)
  • Oscar (The Davenports #1)
  • Reid (The Davenports, #3)