Start by marking “Gentleman Sinner” as Want to Read:

Gentleman Sinner

An all-the-feels novel of fierce love overcoming a dark past from the author of the #1 New York Times bestselling THIS MAN series.

Published February 5th 2019 by Forever

To ask other readers questions about Gentleman Sinner, please sign up.
Phyllis It sure is, and it is an awesome book!!!!

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
LIVE! | AMZ US | AMZ UK | B&N | KOBO | iBOOKS |

THEO KANE!
HOW DO I DO YOU? UH I MEAN HOW DO YOU DO?

Stand-alone.
LIVE! | AMZ US | AMZ UK | B&N | KOBO | iBOOKS |
Blurb:
Izzy White knows of the darkness in this world. After all, she escaped it long ago. Determined not to let her past beat her, Izzy has a secure, stable life with a job she loves in nursing. But one act of kindness will completely upend everything she's so carefully built-putting her right back in the crosshairs of danger she's
Jade Simcox (3 Degrees Of Fiction)
So I’ve only previously read 1 of Jodi Ellen Malpas’ books but when I saw this book come up for review I jumped at the chance. The cover is beautiful, simple yet it grabs your attention and after reading the book I can see how it fits the story perfectly.
The storyline in Gentleman Sinner is fantastic. Jodi created a world that I want to be apart of. There are some very dark elements to this story. Rape and extreme violence. Some readers might not be ok with this.
The thing that was a bit disapp
*****FIVE STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

He looks lethal but beautiful, hard but soft. My body is in chaos, my nerves burning, all in response to what I’m faced with. My want has gone through the roof and desperation is now crippling me. He looks like a warrior, raw and primal. A fighter.

In ”GENTLEMAN SINNER”, Jodi Ellen Malpas has done what she does best—she’s written another crazy all-consuming romance between a domineering and charismatic Hero and a feisty Heroine who doesn’t ea
Sophia Triad
I have read multiple times and loved all the books by Jodi. It pains me to admit that this is my least favourite book so far 😕
I was expecting so much more.

*SPOILERS*

‘What’s your story, Izzy White?’
‘What’s yours, Theo Kane?’ I retort.

I loved the beginning of the book. There is mystery around Izzy and Theo. Theo is an interesting stalker (my favourite kind). One night he saves Izzy from a dark alley after she has defended a young hooker.
After that Theo seems obsessed with Izzy. He follows her t
Claire Robinson
Feb 10, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
1 - "...Keep your distance..." Star.

DNF @ 28%

If Christian Grey and Jesse Ward decided to split and merge their DNA and load the result into a human cyborg, you'd get Theo Kane.

Similarly, if Ana Steel and Ava O'Shea did the same you'd likely get a close approximation of Izzy White.

Then Jodi Ellen Malpas, puts all the tropes, important personality traits, characteristics and quirks from all the however-many books from the FSOG & This Man series, and does a lucky dip style draw for the ones s
Jen
Something was missing for me when it came to this couple’s relationship. I need to think more on what exactly it was before I write my review but I definitely was a bit disappointed with this book. I didn’t hate it; but I certainly didn’t love it either! Review to come!
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Move over Jesse Ward cause Theo Kane is coming to town!

I am in love with how this couple began. Izzy is a nurse who stumbles upon a beaten woman on her way home from the hospital, only the perpetrator has not left yet. In comes Theo to save the day and boy did he make an impression.

There is a lot of mystery about both Izzy and Theo's past that you know was very bad for both of them. What I loved was how Izzy seemed to be the only person that Theo could stand touching him. He avoided all physic
Cristina | CristiinaReads
Jan 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-books
➳Another romance filled with emotional darkness that will temp you for more...

➳ARC kindly provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review...

➳Follow Me On:
BlogInstagramFacebookTwitter
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
5 Stars!
(ARC provided by Social Butterfly PR/ Forever-Grand Central Publishing)

-My love for her holds me prisoner. Her faith leaves me in awe. Her hope encourages mine. And her touch reaches my soul. She is my peace. My cure. My love.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Izzy White has worked hard to overcome her dark past and move on with her life. She's broken free of the fear that used to control her, and has built the life she wants. She lives in London with her best friend Jess, and has a job as a nurse that she loves. She fin
Jemima
Jan 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
psx_20190126_203717

Title: Gentleman Sinner
Author: Jodi Ellen Malpas
Publication Date: February 5, 2019

dxnwia6xqaera_t.jpg-large
Can this woman do no wrong?! seriously!
I sound like a broken record but I have honestly NOT come across a book written by Jodi Ellen Malpas that I haven't enjoyed. I love her books! I love JEM's alpha men.

Trust Jodi to write a book where the characters suck you into the story and gets you hooked from the get go.

Trust Jodi to write a book where the sexy love scenes literally scorch the pages.

Trust Jodi to write
Debbie Oliphant
Feb 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

If you are a fan of the "This Man" serues, you'll love this book. It is a repurposed version of the original.
Olga therebelreader
All-in-all a sweet and enjoyable read. Yes, it was fairly predictable and it was pretty full of well-worn tropes and clichés. There were elements I enjoyed, but the plot was not strong. I really enjoyed Theo and Izzy’s banter and the sexual tension, but I've read books with similar plot lines.

Three stars because I liked the book. It was a good read. Not terribly thought provoking though, but a good solid romance. Some predictable elements but a fun read nonetheless.

In short:
Hero 3/5 | Heroine 4
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
Jan 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A man should protect a woman. Not hurt her. And a woman should feel safe with a man, not afraid.
Thank you Jodi. This is a strong message which is a requirement in today's world.
A  story of scarred Beauty and tightly leashed Beast who takes it upon himself to protect his Beauty from all the monsters and if need be.... himself. This Beast is larger than life personality with the softest of heart in his chest, beating only for his Izzy.

description

His life is violent, chaotic and deadly. Not an ideal fertil
Malene
Jan 25, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: not-released-yet, arc
(ARC provided by Social Butterfly PR/ Forever-Grand Central Publishing)

Gentleman Sinner brought out mixed feelings in me while reading it. Some parts I liked and some I didn’t. I enjoyed the secondary characters. Izzy’s BFF Jess and Theo’s friend Callum. These two and their interactions with the main characters Izzy and Theo are what made me enjoy Gentleman Sinner. The book started out great for me. I liked Izzy and her working as a nurse. She passionate about her job and it’s her safe haven. He
 Leo (Queen of the Rants and the Crazy)
8$ for a book that has been written by thousands of authors. This author has gotten greedy. All of the sudden because she got a movie deal she thinks her books are the sh*t. And I'm the sucker who paid for this. Yep. going to ammy to get my 8$ back and I'm not even ashamed to admit it. 😏

The poor broken hero who can't be touch and the poor sap, pushover, doormat, weak heroine who thinks she can cure him well with you know what!

“You could hit me, Theo. Smack me or punch me full force in the face
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

Well. I really liked it. BUT ... the whole time while I was reading I had this vision in my head that this book was just like what would happen if THIS MAN and FIFTY SHADES had a baby.
It was all so close to parts of This Man with the insta and extreme and over-everything. And so much Fifty with the not-touching et cetera. BUT also ... it's what we love, right? We love those cinderella stories and we will read them until the end of time.
I loved Theo and Izzy and Callum and the others. It was ador
Jess☺️
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Gentleman Sinner by Jodi Ellen Malpas is definitely a shiny 5 🌟.
I'am utterly convinced that Jodi Ellen Malpas has a alpha male making machine somewhere (which I would love 😉) which I'm sure she added a bit of Jesse Ward (This man series) and a bit of Miller Hart (One night series) which then released Theo Kane into our world.
Theo Kane is definitely the new alpha book boyfriend, He's possessive, strong, controling, loves with everything he has and has a fear of being touched and like always a hea
Jacqueline
Dec 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley-arc
It's been a while since I enjoyed a JEM book, since This Man in fact, something that must be a constant pain to top.

In this we have Theo, a built, charismatic, gorgeous chap who is pretty persistent in going after our girl Izzy.

I cannot lie, there are a few similarities to other stories in this that niggled me; his weak spot (it's a bit of a spoiler so I won't say what that was) and his line of business being the main ones. While it was its own story, I was aware of them as I was reading and I k
Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)
description
This book wasn't bad. I appreciated the fact it had no OW drama, and we didn't have to hear about how much of a whore he was. I think my main issue with it was that there just wasn't anything new here. It was predictable, and this type of plot has been done a billion times already. The damaged anti-hero that doesn't like to be touched and the damaged heroine that saves him...sigh. I did love both Jess and Callum though. They were a highlight in this one for sure.

descriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescription

Gi's Spot Reviews

5 'My Peace. My Cure. My Love' Stars

Two words: THEO KANE!!! WOW, just WOW!
Seriously prepare yourselves, The Gentleman Sinner BLEW. MY. MIND! Without a doubt one of most absolutely and utterly heart-grippingly beautiful and GRAND love stories I have ever read!
Jodi Ellen Malpas did what I never expected possible, creating and giving us Theo Kane, the ultimate romance hero, reaching right there to the level of God-like proportion book boyfriend that Mr. Jesse Ward reigned. Yes, he's THAT EPIC!!! &
Jessica  (Angie & Jessica's Dreamy Reads)
2.5 - 3 STARS

If Jodi Ellen Malpas' This Man series, Kristen Ashley's Knight, and EL James' Fifty Shades of Grey trilogy had a love child, it might be called Gentleman Sinner... unfortunately though, there were some pivotal pieces missing in the development of the dynamic between Theo Kane and Izzy White that hindered my reading experience. I think Theo steamrolled in, going full Jesse Ward crazy, a bit prematurely and instead of it feeling sexy and addictive, it came off feeling toxic and creep
Eliza
Jan 12, 2019 rated it liked it

★2.5-3 STARS★

Izzy White is a woman who although has been subject of the cruelty finds peace in caring for others as a Nurse. She’s worked hard to forge a way for herself and her sense of pride is palpable. She’s compassionate to a fault, so much so, what should have been an uneventful walk home from work ends with her being in a position of real danger.

Her saviour is an imposing figure whose intrigue overrides her very alert sense of caution. He’s obviously dangerous but the care he takes wit
-S♡
Jul 24, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: not-released
★Gentleman Sinner...
February 12, 2019
Meet our new sinner..Theo Kane.
He's dark. He’s Alpha. He’s hero. He's delicious, and the very epitome of dangerous!

Blurb
Determined not to let her past beat her, Izzy has a secure, stable life with a job she loves in nursing. But one act of kindness will completely upend everything she's so carefully built-putting her right back in the crosshairs of danger she's been so despe
Candace Tidwell
Feb 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Jodi has done it again! Gentleman Sinner is stunning. Izzy and Theo, together, are so hot steam will be pouring off the pages as you read. Individually each character has demons and ghosts from their pasts. They both struggle but their instant chemistry and connection pull them together. The storyline is a battle of wills and I was hooked from the start.
Tasha and Megan Mahoney
First off, let me say that, by chance, several years ago I picked up This Man by Jodi Ellen Malpas and was floored by her writing. I have read all of her other books and have been a huge fan of them all. This does not give her an easy ride when it comes to my review of her latest book. Gentleman Sinner. In fact if anything, I am a harsher critic, I have extremely high expectations.

Jodi is in a league of her own when she writes about hot alphas and strong women. Theo and Izzy are definitely stron
Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️
Jan 20, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: dark
3.5 Stars

I’m a little sad because I had lots of expectations for this book. I was really excited but what I found was that it reminded me of the This Man series. There were similar aspects in this book that kept jarring my mind back to that series and thus I didn’t really fully enjoy Gentleman Sinner like I should have.

Theo Kane is a formidable man, larger than life and has a dark edge to him. He has an unavoidable chance meeting with Izzy and he knows this woman is different and meant to be hi
Tijuana *Book Twins Reviews*
I can always count on this author to write a story that will steal my breath and make me fall in love!
Gentleman Sinner is mysterious, intense, flirts with the darkness, but simultaneously is solely about two people healing each others wounds. I was caught up in the inevitable romance immediately and did not want it to end.

The fact the Jodi Ellen Malpas consistently delivers these male leads who completely take over everyone and everything, but feel completely new and different astounds me. Theo
Roxana
Feb 07, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: adult, romance, standalone
3.5
Diana
Feb 11, 2019 rated it really liked it

Theo Kane has secrets from his past that he keeps close to this chest. He is given a wide berth and commands respect wherever he goes. One night, he saves a young woman from an attack, and immediately is drawn to her and craves her touch.

Izzy White also has secrets, but she is strong and keeps them locked away. When she meets Theo Kane, she is feels the pull, and for the first time in a very long time, she feels safe and protected by him. But what happens when secrets are revealed? Will
BellaorevBooks
Jan 29, 2019 rated it liked it
by Jodi Ellen Malpas
3🌟🌟🌟

I’m sad to say that my high expectations for this book were not met after finishing it. I really wanted to connect with Izzy and Theo and more so after the great start they had. Their first encounter was intriguing and mysterious which I loved. The development of their relationship for me felt a bit incomplete. Felt more like a sexual connection than a deep emotional one.

I can say that one of the things I love most about this story was the secondary char
  • Sweet Liar (Dirty Sweet, #1)
  • Luck of the Devil (Forge Trilogy, #2)
  • The Mister
  • Waiting for Willa (Big Sky, #3)
  • Million Dollar Devil
  • Savages
  • Hold On (Play On, #2.5; Big Sky, #4.6)
  • The Blessings of Ethan Blackstone (The Blackstone Affair, #5)
  • Sexy Little Sinner (Blackwell-Lyon, #3)
  • My Life in Shambles
  • Cruel Legacy (Cruel, #3)
  • Tinsel (Lark Cove, #4)
  • The Promise (Neighbor from Hell, #10)
  • When August Ends
  • A Boy Named Risk
  • Boyfriend for Hire
  • What He Never Knew (What He Doesn't Know, #3)
  • Iron Trophy
‘A lingering idea that I just couldn’t ignore.’ – Jodi Ellen Malpas

Jodi Ellen Malpas wrote her debut series, The This Man Trilogy, in secret, worried about what people might think if they knew what her imagination was capable of. She was shocked herself. But she finally found the courage to unleash her creative streak and self-published THIS MAN - the first book of the This Man Trilogy - in Octobe
“My love for her holds me prisoner. Her faith leaves me in awe. Her hope encourages mine. And her touch reaches my soul. She is my peace. My cure.” 0 likes