Start by marking “Children of the Earth... Remember” as Want to Read:
Children of the Earth... Remember

Children of the Earth... Remember

4.35  ·  Rating details ·  96 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews
A companion to the author's first book, Dear Children of the Earth, this book tells the story of the one big family of Mother Earth, in a lesson of sharing and protecting our planet.
Published August 1st 1997 by Northword Press (first published 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Children of the Earth... Remember, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Children of the Earth... Remember

Yousra
I read that for the second time to my youngest son, my 4 months old baby :) ... I'm pretty sure he didn't even care about the drawings & illustrations that caught his brothers' attention, but He was so calm while listening to me reading it :)

It was a relaxing and delightful experience & I feel grateful Al hamdu LELLAH :)

******************************

My two sons rated this book 5 stars :)

I bought a copy that is a special edition of the book printed by Nahdet Misr publishing & print
Angela
Absolutely beautiful book with an important and inspirational message for children and adults alike - take care of our planet, and of our brothers and sisters, the animals. The illustrations are amazing.
Alicia
Jul 06, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This is one of my favorite books of all time. It is such an earthy look at how animals and humans are all connected to this planet. The pictures are fantastic. I love everything about this book.
Mcmonster
Mar 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing
A great book! I loved it when i was a kid and even when I pick it up and read it today, it is still inspiring.
Brynn Sugarman
Nov 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I reread this book recently and was reminded of how a picture book of few words can contain a truly powerful message. Schim Schimmel's illustrations are gorgeous and poignant. Children and adults alike will be reminded of the interconnectedness of all things, of a primordial world where all beings intrinsically knew that they were dependent upon one another and part of the extended family of Life. This is a reality which the animals, who are tuned in to nature (or G-d's will, however you define ...more
Meg McGregor
Feb 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-to-lexi
Absolutely mesmerizing. The illustrations are outstanding, haunting, colorful, piercing, and draw the reader right in.

I would love to have these drawings up as prints in my home.

A wonderful way to help our children, and all the people of our planet, that we are all brothers and sisters. With the animals, it is important, to take care of our world.

And as I have said before, "We must take care of all the animals. After all, God made them first!"
Nicole Reid
Apr 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Breath taking pictures. I read this to a preschool class today. They were absolutly captivated by the pictures and the story. Even my squirmy kids sat quietly to listen to this story. A great lead in with young children to discuss the importance of being kind to our planet and we are all family. Many said after it was their favourite book they're heard yet.
Lobeck
Jun 23, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids
The illustrations are the best part. Animals and nature are made ethereal by an unusual combination of images - dinosaurs in a pristine world overlooking a black starry abyss, a tiger cub curled up with the planet earth, dolphins swimming gracefully through outer space. This book is a reminder of the awe that the universe and its phenomena can inspire and that we humans are a part of that.
Betty Anne
Jun 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
This gorgeous sequel to Dear Children of the Earth continues the same theme and visual storytelling to act as a follow-up reminder of the lessons learned. Schimmel's books are as much a joy to simply look at as read.
Whole And
Gorgeous illustrations and message, of love and caring for the planet and all the inhabitants. The animals reach out to the readers, young and old alike, to remind us all of what's precious.

A wonderful and gentle reminder to be 'the heart and ears of mother earth.'
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »