Start by marking “Rogue Dragon Rising, part one (Outside the Veil, #1)” as Want to Read:
Rogue Dragon Rising, part one (Outside the Veil, #1)

Rogue Dragon Rising, part one

(Outside the Veil #1)

Published September 17th 2018 by Forgotten Dreams Publishing, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Rogue Dragon Rising, part one, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rogue Dragon Rising, part one

Start your review of Rogue Dragon Rising, part one (Outside the Veil, #1)
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Rogue Dragon Rising is part one of a three part serial called Outside the Veil by T.J. Shaw. First I want to just say WOW! What a start! This story captivated me from page one and let me tell you it took off right from the beginning. To better help you understand how the author has set up this series I’m going to copy and paste her own words here:

“Please note: Both Rogue Dragon Rising and the subsequent novel, Sleeping Dragon Stirs, end in cliffhangers. The third book in the serial trilogy, A
Dianne
Aug 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
T.J. Shaw has been busy bringing readers the first of a three-part serial trilogy, about DRAGON SHIFTERS and the power of Fate to bring two souls together for eternity.

ROGUE DRAGON RISING is Part One and sets the stage for action and a romance that was meant to be. Amari has no idea who or what she is. Jaxon has no idea why his dragon wants this beautiful slave girl so desperately when he sees her on the auction block. With her first shift coming soon, she will need help and protection, someone
Carvanz
Wow! This was nothing like I was expecting! I was expecting it to be good, great even, but what I got was beyond my ability to put into words.

After an injury leaves Amari without memory of anything but her name, she finds herself in one situation after another, each one worse than the one before. Taking cues from those around her, she manages to struggle through but she is in physical pain and emotionally lost. When her very life is threatened, she is rescued by the dark alpha dragon shifter Jax
N.N. Light
Amari Hawke is the daughter of a dragon shifter and a human Eldian. Because of her mixed race, her parents have never told her of the possibility of her shifter within. It never mattered until she ventured outside the Veil, got captured by slave traders and lost her memory due to a bump on the head. She’s sold in servitude but not before meeting the handsome dragon Lord Jaxson. She’s drawn to him yet doesn’t know why.

Jaxson never goes to auctions yet here he is at the very same auction where Am
Cassandra
Sep 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My Thoughts - 5 out of 5 Unicorns - I loved it!!!
***I choose what I read and review based on what intrigues me!! Yes, I got a review copy of this book, but no one tells me what to think, feel, or write about any book! I bought this book, and I can’t wait to read more of this author’s work!

The cover is great, and it is what drew my attention to this book because I have never read this author before.

This is the first book in a serial trilogy, and this means that there are 3 parts that go together
Coco.V
Oct 08, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
💝FREE on iBooks today (10/8/18)!💝

Blurb:
Twenty-three year old, Amari Hawke, is thrust into the world of two-soul shifters when she is injured and kidnapped by trackers outside the veil, beyond the safety of her homeland. Unable to remember her past, she trusts no one and relies on instinct to survive. As her awakening approaches, the first time she will transition into her animal, she must evade rogue shifters trying to capture her.

Now free from the King’s Army, powerful dragon lord, Jaxon Blackt
Rhonda
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great

The book was a great read. I was not expecting how it would end. I will recommend this series of books
Anna (Bobs Her Hair)
Kindle Freebie 11/11/18

2.5 stars (I’m not sure whether to round up or down.)

Fantasy romance with a feisty heroine and alpha dragon shifter. I know the heroine was ‘outside the veil’ but didn’t know what it truly meant. A few creative story elements are present. The hero and his band are interesting enough. The heroine has potential. She had too many TSTL moments for my taste. The pacing was good.

Fantasy romance is one of my favorite genres at the moment. “Rogue Dragon Rising” is book one in a t
Bookish

Warning, though I try my best to avoid this, all reviews can contain spoilers of some kind. If you would like to know just my overall opinion of the book, and otherwise go into reading it blind, please scroll down to my overall and would I recommend it section.

I Voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

That bright light is dazzling, and dang the man coming out of it is hot, but stay on your toes, his other sides heat might just burn you
Samantha
Heads up this is part 1 and as much ad i dislike being left dangling on that cliff....this is worth it. Amari has been captured and has lost her memory. Now shes lost outside the veil and her time is short.

Jaxon is a dragon shifter and hates going to the auction but hes there anyway. Meeting Amari he knows there is something to the little sheep shifter that is not adding up. However he cant get her off his or his beasts mind. Why would a dragon want a sheep to claim as his own?

This is such a g
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Outside the Veil Boxed Set by TJ Shaw is book 1-3 in the Outside the Veil series. These books cover the story of Jaxon Blackthorn and Amari Hawke.
After a terrible injury Amari is left with no memory but her pain doesn't end there. Amari keeps getting attacked and unsure what or why. When Jaxon a dark alpha dragon shifter saves her there is an attraction there that doesn't stop, but Jaxon tries to fight it at first. But the more he comes forward to help the more he cannot turn his back on the gr
Karen Roma
Sep 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Rogue Dragon Rising is the first part of a three book serial……which I detest! That said, this is an amazing story and even though there is a cliff-hanger at the end, it’s totally worth the read.

The author has penned an exhilarating story with exceptional world building, great character development and plenty of action and intrigue too. This original plot leads to a refreshing start in a wonderful and captivating saga.

T.J. Shaw definitely has a new fan and I can’t wait to read the next instalmen
Susan Otto
Oct 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A terrific dragon shifter Romance

This book is about a girl who's protecting her sister from trackers. She is captured and sold into shifter auction. A dragon lord shifter sees her and it's Enchanted by her red hair color. She is injured and doesn't remember who or what she is, so she stayed she is a sheep shifter. She's bought by a panther shifter.

The characters from this world are unique shifters. The plot is dramatic and interesting. I would highly recommend this book because I know I would ha
Carrie Vos
Mar 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoy paranormal/fantasy books and this one was no exception. It had all the right ingredients to make it a wonderful read. Charming shift changer, damsel in distress and all the excitement to go along with it. The only reason I did not give it 5 stars is I like books to stand alone and I don't like to have to read a part two of the story. I will eventually get the 2nd book to read because I enjoy this authors books but I hope eventually stand alone books are written instead. Had it been stand ...more
Miriam Wolfe
Sep 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a voluntary review of an advanced copy.

This is part one,and while there is no big cliffhanger, the story is not complete. Now that I am hooked, I am eagerly waiting the next part!

Amari was captured and auctioned and runs into lots of trouble. Her family is searching for her but have to found her when this part ends.

Jaxson is intrigued by her and uses his powers to save her life.

Hopefully, not too long and I can get part 2!!
Tracie R
Sep 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgally
4.5 Stars Rogue Dragon Rising is the first part of a three book serial to form Book 1 in the Outside the Veil series. Not normally a reader of serials this sounded promising, so I thought I would give it a go and I am so glad I did. This is a fabulous story with amazing characters that quickly have you immersed. Be aware it does have a cliff-hanger but in saying that it is part 1 and you are truly missing out if you don’t give it a go.
Jessica
Sep 23, 2018 rated it liked it
It’s too short!

I loved the development of this world and where the storyline seems to be going but I’m failing to understand why the author decided to break the book into a two part. Certain “chapters” shouldn’t have been chapters at all. I did enjoy the book and will be purchasing part 2.
Sandra Self
Oct 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Well written

I thoroughly enjoyed this tale. The characters are well developed, and the world explained as the story evolved. Cliffhangers are not my favorite, but now I am hooked.
Minga Dotson
Feb 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Annoying, it is a cliffhanger, reading the first dozen chapters of a good book, only to have the ending pulled away.

Good story, strong characters, good background, everything I enjoy in a good book, only to have it end before the characters finish the storyline.
Christine Jeffers busser
LOVED IT!! Already pre-ordered the sequel.
Anne Monteith
Oct 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Review Coming Soon 4.25 Stars

Eugene Perry
Nov 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Rogue Dragon Rising

Very exciting, keeps you on edge trying to figure out if Amari will get her memories back at any moment, lol. Very good start to the series.
Sara Archibald
Dec 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What an awesome book! It will grab you from the beginning and will hold onto you until the exciting finish! A must read!
Celeste
Dec 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This looks like it's going to be a great story, I really like the different direction this has gone from your typical dragon PNR. Looking forward to reading on. ...more
cassie
Jan 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
loved it
Angel Hatfield
Jan 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
**I voluntarily read and reviewed this book
Jori Davis
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Has a good start and coherent plot that is easy to follow without throwing in random plots and scene. I can't wait to read the rest of the series. I like the main characters love romance ...more
Tamra LeValley
May 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Read all 3 or don't read at all! ...more
Yvonne
Apr 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
awesome
Sharon(Sha💃&#x1f3ff Cooke
Rogue Dragon Rising: part one(Outside the Veil Book 1)

This book jump off with a bang. Love the chemistry between Amaze and Jason. Can't wait to read book 2.

• Dragon Fever (Masters of the Flame, #1)
  • Breakwater: Leo (Star Bears, #1)
  • Loyal Dragon Shifter (Return of the Dragons, #0.5)
  • Fated For The Bear (Banford and Beauty Bears, #1)
  • Bearly Tamed (Big Paw Security, #1)
  • Incubus Among Us #1
  • Garden of the Wolf #1
  • Dragon Forgotten (Spellbound Shifters: Dragons Entwined, #0.5)
  • Ruwen (Mated To The Alien, #1)
  • Protected Mate (Catamount Lion Shifters, #1)
  • Bear-ly Pregnant (Bear-ly, #4)
  • Stolen Innocence (Blood Thief, #1)
  • My Dragon Lord (Broken Souls #1)
  • Beast Billionaire #1
  • Ice (Dragon Clan, #1)
  • Jace (Riverwise Private Security, #2)
  • Moon Lovers #1
  • Alpha Star (Big Sky Alien Mail Order Brides, #1; Intergalactic Dating Agency, #3)
Biography
As a child, TJ thrived in the Arizona desert. By the age of five she was riding horses through cotton fields and by eleven bought her first motorcycle, a Honda 125cc dirt bike. Growing up with teachers as parents meant traveling during the summer. Hiking, backpacking, fly fishing, climbing pyramids, surviving earthquakes, and flying in hot air balloons were just some of her adventures. An

Outside the Veil (3 books)
  • Sleeping Dragon Stirs, part two (Outside the Veil, #2)
  • Alpha Dragon Awakes, part three (Outside the Veil, #3)