Start by marking “Le Parfum de la Trahison (La Couleur du Mensonge, #2)” as Want to Read:
Le Parfum de la Trahison (La Couleur du Mensonge, #2)

Le Parfum de la Trahison

(The Traitor's Circle #2)

Ayant prouvé sa valeur en tant qu’espionne et entremetteuse prodige, Sage Fowler est désormais bien introduite dans la haute société grâce à son titre de préceptrice des filles du roi. Quand elle apprend qu’une expédition secrète se prépare, elle saisit cette chance de servir une fois de plus son royaume – et de retrouver par la même occasion l’homme qui est désormais son ...more
Published October 11th 2018 by Lumen (first published July 10th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Le Parfum de la Trahison, please sign up.
Erin It will be the same characters, as will the third one. Some new cool people will also be introduced.
Erin I wish. But as of mid-September, I'm still revising it. Books take for.ev.er. to write/edit. At least for me.

Candace Robinson
I loved this book! Sage and Alex are one of my favorite book couples ever. They make me happy, they make me mad, they make me want to yell at them while shaking them, and they make me swoon.

What I like most about this series is the setting. It's similar to The Winner's Curse trilogy where there isn't magic but the setting is historical fantasy. I think that is the right term, but don't take my word for it. Also the chapters are short which is the freaking best!

There are things that happen in the
Joshee Kun (조수아)
RTC

I have great news: I am officially a part of the publication of this book! I am going to review the author's manuscript before ARCs are distributed this November. In light of the unwarranted hate toward The Traitor's Kiss, I was tasked to pay special attention to the sequel's representation of diverse characters. I really admire Erin Beaty's humility, as well as her resolve to make her work excellent. If you're hesitating to read TTK because of all the negative reviews, please take a leap of
Wing-yee (bibliomeds)
okay but *screams in alien language*

brb

i can't right now

full review to come once i am back to my senses :)
Galleane
Oct 10, 2018 rated it liked it
Mon coeur balance entre 2 et 3 étoiles. Ce n'est pas la suite que j'espérais lire et si j'ai aimé le début de ce tome, au final j'ai été quelque peu déçue du contenu.

Mon avis complet : https://bloggalleane.blogspot.com/201...
♠ TABI ♠
I'm just . . . I . . . I'm quietly in love with that cover . . . it's just so soothingly pretty for some reason. I blame the peach tones.
Scrill
May 04, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
how did I not know this was a thing? gimme this asap.
~Bellegirl91~
Aug 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library-books
So my last update said this book was banished for the night.... BUT I decided to keep going and now that it's past 230am... IT WAS WORTH IT OH MY HECK!

So short review for this one:

I LOVE LOVE LOOOOOOOVE Alex Quinn and Sage Fowler oh my heck! These two are actually special characters and such a great OTP and this book with their story had some pretty intense moments and the twists and turns and the foreshadow and knowing things some of the characters didn't know (especially these two) AAAAAAAAHH
Lulai
Jul 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like it, it was a quick read but the author didn't manage to suprise me, I expect a bot more of novelty from this.
Ashley
Oct 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
This book went a little off the rails from the first book. I loved the first book. I’m not entirely sure what happened here. These characters were nothing like they were in the first book in the first half or so. Sage sucked and for some reason Alex’s character totally changed.

The second half was so much better but I was already so bummed about the beginning that it was hard to get over it. This book was an easy 5++++ stars if the beginning was normal. The political intrigue is great. I really
Valquiria
3,75
I really really like these books!
Laurapassage
Oct 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
[http://laura-passage.com/le-parfum-de...]

"Le Parfum de la Trahison m'a autant captivée que le premier tome grâce à son héroïne toujours si attachante. Erin Beaty nous passionne une nouvelle fois avec des tromperies, des complots militaires et des destins plus qu'incertains." 19/20
Vina Le
So I loved Traitors Kiss, it was a twist on Mulan in a way and that made me happy. Then I got to the end and was like “whoa”...need the next one now!

This was me reading Traitors Ruin: 😀😍🤨🤨🤨🤨🤬🤬😱🤔🤨🤨🤨

Translation: what the heck happened?!!!? It’s lost it’s magic. I wanted to scream at them the whole time. Sage was whiny and stupid. Alex was a mess and the plot made me sit there going ....”JUST BE OVER ALREADY!”

I don’t know if I’ll read the third book but I feel like I want the last 24 hours of my
Kat
Jul 19, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I’m still stuck on how much I liked the first book... since I listened to it the first time I put it on my iPad and kept going back and reading my favorite parts. The first book had strong character development, funny/smart dialogue and a reasonably engaging plot.

The second installment of this series kind of dampens my enjoyment of the first book. It’s to the point I wish the first book was a one-off instead of a series.

Plot-wise, I kept asking myself... what is the point of all this? It kind o
Lexi
Dec 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Listen. I’ll sell my soul to get my hands on the final book just to see Alex and Sage have their happy ending. I mean both books ended with them knowing they’d be separated once more.

I loved this story possibly more than book one. If only because throughout the entire middle i was begging sage to figure it out. To see Alex and know what we knew. Ugh it was just too good.

Cannot wait for book three!
Anne Z.
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5/5
This was as lovely as The Traitor's Kiss. If you liked the first book you will like this one just as much. It had a beautiful romance, it was full of the same witty and clever scenes, the same beloved characters, and it had some new ones you won't be able not to fall in love with.
Just like The Traitor's Kiss this is not the kind of book that will pull at your heartstrings and make
you cry, but it is a book that will make you smile. Sage and Alex are an amazing couple and I am so very happy t
APOTEOZA
Mam mieszane uczucia, bo pewne wątki były lepsze niż w pierwszym tomie, a inne w pierwszym podobały mi się bardziej niż w drugim. Taki szok umysłowy. Na pewno drugi tom jest bogatszy w akcje, dużo intryg wojskowych i politycznych, to uwielbiam i na to narzekać nie mogę, ale miałam mocny niedosyt, jeśli chodzi o romans. W pierwszym tomie był lepszy, między bohaterami istniała większa chemia i pikanteria, natomiast w drugim zrobili się niesamowicie pruderyjni, niczym postacie z koreańskich seriali ...more
Aminu Azeezat
The book did slow down a bit in the middle which really frustrated me but all round it was a good book
Got to say that it was more intense and action packed compared to the first book and I enjoyed it so much and now I can wait for the next book
I need to know what becomes of sage and Alex and their love for each other.
Honestly with all the things going on in this book it is hard to keep up with other characters
And there was one part in the book that messed me up, the part where she order the exe
Emily Donaldson
Feb 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
After getting to know Sage (and co) in The Traitor’s Kiss I was excited to see where the story went next, especially since a lot of the things introduced in the first book felt resolved. The Traitor’s Ruin expanded the world, including a whole new culture and people not seen much in the first book – the Casmuni.

Alex and Sage both changed and grew as characters. What was interesting to me is that I expected them to change and grow together, since their relationship is well established by the end
Veronica Villar
5/5

Send help, please! Si el primer libro me enamoró, este ha ido más allá. En esta segunda parte nos encontramos con nuevo personajes, nuevas culturas, y como no, más sufrimiento >.< ¿Pero qué sería de este tipo de historias sin sufrimiento? En mi opinión nada. Cuando un libro te hace emocionarte y sufrir, para mí, está cumpliendo su función.

Una historia que te atrapa, llena de secretos y tramas palaciegas, personajes con carácter, valientes y frágiles a la vez.

Si todavía hay gente con dud
Alex
First of all, there is no rational universe in which a book that has less than 400 pages requires 112 chapters... and an epilogue... Just no.

Aside from that, I deeply enjoyed everything about it. The pacing was great, continuously ramping up the tension, while still lingering just enough on the angst and emotional drama that sets this one on the romance side of things.

I deeply appreciated the details regarding the army, and how it was large enough to feel like a functional military - a thing tha
Jessica H
Aug 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a really good book (4.5 not just 4) . Firstly, the author does a great job reminding the reader of the events of the first book. I admit I remembered very little but there was enough information given for me to dive right back in without feeling like I was reading a recap. I was frustrated by some of the things that Sage and Alex did but I was always cheering for them. It is not all cupcakes and rainbows at the end and there were many interesting twists. I am a big fan of the short chap ...more
Alexandria
Aug 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
And now the torturous waiting game begins! I need the next book!! Sage and Alex are by far one of my top favorite book couples. I hate that it always ends the way it does for them! Agh!! Random thought but I really really really hope we get to see their wedding!!! Some parts of this book had me on edge! The sneaking, the not knowing!! I had no one to vent to without spoiling it, it was so hard. I wanted to mention that Osthiza sounds like a beautiful place! I was getting major GOT Dorne Sunspear ...more
⋆Emily⋆
Nov 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Throughout this book you’ll find much of everything you want. But one thing I don’t think everyone realizes, is how much this book is needed in everyone’s life’s. Alex and Sage just break my heart and mold it into a completely new form. They are my OTP and favorite ship of 2018 by far.
There was just the right amounts of everything in this dish of sautéed emotions.
(Yes I cried) and I cried a LOT at the ending. Dang it gets me like I’m a baby.
I have never wanted to cry and swoon at the same tim
Jen
I was beyond amped to read this and even more thrilled to find it on Netgalley. That is, until the publisher denied my ARC request, popping my excitement like a balloon.

Like I'm gonna want to buy your book now.

Please.
🙄

I'll pass.

#TheTraitor'sRuin #NetGalley #MacmillanChildren'sPublishingGroup
Autumn
Jul 28, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I rather enjoyed the traitors kiss and quickly dove into the traitors ruin. And I liked it well enough but goodness gracious all the missunderstandings legit all the conflicts would've been resolved if people just opened their mouths once in awhile.
Breana Martinez
3.5 Stars

I loved the Traitor’s Kiss, but this one just kind of disappointed me. Everything I loved about the first book didn’t seem to be “here” for this one. It was certainly enjoyable and well written, but I had anticipated so much more. Nevertheless, I’m excited for the third book to come out
Shelley
*Source* Publisher via NetGalley
*Genre* Young Adult / Fantasy
*Rating* 4

*Thoughts*

The Traitor's Ruin is the second installment in author Erin Beaty's The Traitor's Circle trilogy. Things have definitely changed for Sage Fowler, the girl once deemed too emotional to be eligible to marry and found herself working as a matchmaker and a spy which led her on an adventure of the dangerous variety. These days, Sage is happily engaged to marry Captain Alexander Quinn. She has a best friend in Lady Clare
claire ☾
Jul 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really want to know what happens next...and I really don’t want to wait another year for the last book :(
Erin Beaty was born and raised in Indianapolis, Indiana, which means she can't drive a tractor, but she won't eat veggies that come from a can. She graduated from the US Naval Academy with a degree in rocket science and somehow always ended up writing her study group's lab reports. After serving in the fleet as a weapons officer and a leadership instructor, she resigned to pursue her side hobby of ...more

The Traitor's Circle (3 books)
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
  • The Traitor's Kingdom (The Traitor's Circle, #3)
“I'm not sure love is enough to fix this.” 1 likes
“In 812 days I will hold you to your promise to be mine. In most cases you are the stubborn one, but on this I refuse to negotiate, for nothing is more vital to my survival, you must understand. And when I say over and over how I want you to be mine, it is only because I am already completely yours.” 1 likes