Start by marking “Le Parfum de la Trahison (La Couleur du Mensonge, #2)” as Want to Read:
Le Parfum de la Trahison (La Couleur du Mensonge, #2)

Le Parfum de la Trahison

(The Traitor's Circle #2)

Ayant prouvé sa valeur en tant qu’espionne et entremetteuse prodige, Sage Fowler est désormais bien introduite dans la haute société grâce à son titre de préceptrice des filles du roi. Quand elle apprend qu’une expédition secrète se prépare, elle saisit cette chance de servir une fois de plus son royaume – et de retrouver par la même occasion l’homme qui est désormais son ...more
Published October 11th 2018 by Lumen (first published July 10th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Le Parfum de la Trahison, please sign up.
Erin It will be the same characters, as will the third one. Some new cool people will also be introduced.
Erin I wish. But as of mid-September, I'm still revising it. Books take for.ev.er. to write/edit. At least for me.

Start your review of Le Parfum de la Trahison (La Couleur du Mensonge, #2)
Candace Robinson
I loved this book! Sage and Alex are one of my favorite book couples ever. They make me happy, they make me mad, they make me want to yell at them while shaking them, and they make me swoon.

What I like most about this series is the setting. It's similar to The Winner's Curse trilogy where there isn't magic but the setting is historical fantasy. I think that is the right term, but don't take my word for it. Also the chapters are short which is the freaking best!

There are things that happen in the
Sana
Ahhhhh, I had the worst time reading this book - not because the plot or anything sucks, but because of this god damn SLUMP. I started reading this on august 19 and just finished. It took me over a month to finish this and I just wasn’t feeling anything. It’s sad because I loved the first book.

Not sure if I’ll continue with the third book. I hate slumps. I hate them.

3.5 stars.

I love me some political scheming, alliances and treachery. Never thought I’d enjoy it, but I do!

I am here for it,
Joshee Kun (조수아)
RTC

I have great news: I am officially a part of the publication of this book! I am going to review the author's manuscript before ARCs are distributed this November. In light of the unwarranted hate toward The Traitor's Kiss, I was tasked to pay special attention to the sequel's representation of diverse characters. I really admire Erin Beaty's humility, as well as her resolve to make her work excellent. If you're hesitating to read TTK because of all the negative reviews, please take a leap of
Wing (bibliomeds)
okay but *screams in alien language*

brb

i can't right now

full review to come once i am back to my senses :)
Maggie ☘ (Wonderland-Reader)
I many ways, this book was a big improvement to the author's first book (which I did like as well, but it had a few ups and downs when it came to the storytelling). Especially the writing and construction of the storyline seemed so much better here! I also really enjoyed the change of setting and a few new friendships along the way.

(view spoiler)
~Bellegirl91~
Aug 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library-books
So my last update said this book was banished for the night.... BUT I decided to keep going and now that it's past 230am... IT WAS WORTH IT OH MY HECK!

So short review for this one:

I LOVE LOVE LOOOOOOOVE Alex Quinn and Sage Fowler oh my heck! These two are actually special characters and such a great OTP and this book with their story had some pretty intense moments and the twists and turns and the foreshadow and knowing things some of the characters didn't know (especially these two)
Nasom
Sep 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really should write reviews soon after finishing a book because I can't really remember what happens in this (which I guess means it wasn't that memorable).

I just remembered that I liked it but felt that there wasn't really any climax (i guess second book problems). We got multiple POVs including one from one of the 'bad guys' who in reality just wanted to go home and wasn't really bad. There was some drama/misunderstanding between Sage and Alex which was interesting for a while, also the
 Amelia
ahhhh I'm loving this even more than The Traitor's Kiss

Sage is one kickass woman. I absolutely LOVE her character. She is smart, capable, knows exactly what she wants and how to get it, her plans are brilliant and she always puts other before herself. And I love how she knows she's smart, but instead of bragging about it, she uses it to do something important.

And Quinn, my boy..how can I not love him? These 2 are really the OTP. And I'm so glad there were never any hints of love triangles or
Joanna (joreadsalot)
RTC. Omg this book was incredible. I love this series.
Rachel
Sep 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think what I love most about the way Erin Beaty writes, is how she builds her stories brick by brick. She creates the characters, the scenarios, the motivations, and stacks them into this flawless tower. Then, at the end, she takes a ginormous wrecking ball and shatters the whole darn thing.

In this second installment of the Traitor's Kiss series, Alex is given commission of a new force, checking on reports of a potential invasion from Casmun. By order of the queen, Sage tags along, much to
♠ TABI ♠
I'm just . . . I . . . I'm quietly in love with that cover . . . it's just so soothingly pretty for some reason. I blame the peach tones.
Erin
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, 2019
description

Gonna be honest, there were times I wanted to throw this book at the wall. Not as good as the first, but still loved it!

SPOILERS >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

So we all know why I wanted to throw my book against the wall right? I mean after Sage and Alex were separated it was fine, but then he is with them the whole time, but being held as prisoner? And she was constantly almost discovering he was the prisoner?
Scrill
May 04, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
how did I not know this was a thing? gimme this asap.
Lulai
Jul 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like it, it was a quick read but the author didn't manage to suprise me, I expect a bot more of novelty from this.
Ashley
Oct 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
This book went a little off the rails from the first book. I loved the first book. I’m not entirely sure what happened here. These characters were nothing like they were in the first book in the first half or so. Sage sucked and for some reason Alex’s character totally changed.

The second half was so much better but I was already so bummed about the beginning that it was hard to get over it. This book was an easy 5++++ stars if the beginning was normal. The political intrigue is great. I really
These Violent Delights (Robin)
This was a pretty good sequel. I enjoyed being back in this world.

The plot was interesting enough.

I am excited to read the third and final novel in this trilogy when it finally releases.
Valquiria
3,75
I really really like these books!
Vina Le
So I loved Traitors Kiss, it was a twist on Mulan in a way and that made me happy. Then I got to the end and was like “whoa”...need the next one now!

This was me reading Traitors Ruin:

Translation: what the heck happened?!!!? It’s lost it’s magic. I wanted to scream at them the whole time. Sage was whiny and stupid. Alex was a mess and the plot made me sit there going ....”JUST BE OVER ALREADY!”

I don’t know if I’ll read the third book but I feel like I want the last 24 hours of my life back at
Kat
Jul 19, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I’m still stuck on how much I liked the first book... since I listened to it the first time I put it on my iPad and kept going back and reading my favorite parts. The first book had strong character development, funny/smart dialogue and a reasonably engaging plot.

The second installment of this series kind of dampens my enjoyment of the first book. It’s to the point I wish the first book was a one-off instead of a series.

Plot-wise, I kept asking myself... what is the point of all this? It kind
TheEuphoricZat
The book did slow down a bit in the middle which really frustrated me but all round it was a good book
Got to say that it was more intense and action packed compared to the first book and I enjoyed it so much and now I can wait for the next book
I need to know what becomes of sage and Alex and their love for each other.
Honestly with all the things going on in this book it is hard to keep up with other characters
And there was one part in the book that messed me up, the part where she order the
Rachel
May 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: loved, fantasy, arcs
This book was a great sequel to The Traitor's Kiss. I loved the added characters and the expansion on the world we were introduced to in book one. There is a lot of plot and character development, and now I'm dying to read book three.

Full review: https://picturethisliterature.com/201...
Lexi
Dec 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Listen. I’ll sell my soul to get my hands on the final book just to see Alex and Sage have their happy ending. I mean both books ended with them knowing they’d be separated once more.

I loved this story possibly more than book one. If only because throughout the entire middle i was begging sage to figure it out. To see Alex and know what we knew. Ugh it was just too good.

Cannot wait for book three!
Cara
Oct 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well done, Erin Beaty! When I finished The Traitor’s Kiss, I was concerned that things had been too neatly tied up for there to be a continuation on to a second and third book and that all the author’s good ideas may have been spent. I had also dealt with a fair amount of confusion when reading book 1 (both from POV and the writing itself). But I held out hope that with her debut novel behind her, book 2 would be better.

And it was!!!

To start, I didn’t suffer any confusion as I read. No
Anne Z.
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5/5
This was as lovely as The Traitor's Kiss. If you liked the first book you will like this one just as much. It had a beautiful romance, it was full of the same witty and clever scenes, the same beloved characters, and it had some new ones you won't be able not to fall in love with.
Just like The Traitor's Kiss this is not the kind of book that will pull at your heartstrings and make
you cry, but it is a book that will make you smile. Sage and Alex are an amazing couple and I am so very happy
Maria F.
Jul 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Finished The Traitor’s Ruin last night and I have to say, I sure did enjoy this one way more than book one.
The adventure here is sooooo INTENSE. We are not in a royal matchmaking scene ANYMORE. It’s getting real, it’s getting darker, it’s getting dirty and I AM HERE FOR IT. The romance in here waaaaas so beautiful I just wish we had more of it!! JUST TALK TO EACH OTHER DANG IT!!
Beaty definitely improved from book 1- my main complaint was the sudden shifts in unnecessary POVs and I feel like
Erin Arkin
I love this series and I am glad I grabbed the audio. I'll be grabbing the final book soon and you should check these out! The narrator took a bit to get used to just due to the way the story was read (it could also be the speed I have it set at too I guess) but overall she did a great job.
Pat
Jun 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I know a lot of people did not like the first book but I actually really enjoyed it. This book was equally as enjoyable. I really don’t know why but I love the characters even though they are not perfect. I am really looking forward for the third book in this series.
Joelle
Nov 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dear Erin Beaty
You have my eternal respect for resisting the temptation to put a love triangle in this trilogy.
Also you write killer plots and I love your characters.
Ceridwenn
Dec 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good sequel with less plot twists than expected but the intrigue is still gripping and the characters are very good and true to themselves. I wish we could get to know more of the secondary characters (Cass, etc.)
Cait | GoodeyReads
Y’ALL I AM SMITTEN BY THIS SERIES.

BLOG || INSTA

Some books hit you at the right time, causing you to love them on an even grander scale than you thought you originally thought you might. This has been that case and I can NOT stop gushing about it.

Alex & Sage ARE LIFE. THEY ARE SO PRECIOUS AND I LOVE THEM. And I can’t stop using capitals. Bear with me. They’re so many emotions to express.

Oh how miscommunication wears on me in books. I didn’t hate the way this was done though. Alex was

• Vow of Thieves (Dance of Thieves, #2)
  • Dance of Thieves (Dance of Thieves, #1)
  • Lady Smoke (Ash Princess Trilogy, #2)
  • Serpent & Dove (Serpent & Dove, #1)
  • Shadow & Flame (Rime Chronicles, #2)
  • Ash Princess (Ash Princess Trilogy, #1)
  • Onyx and Ivory (Rime Chronicles, #1)
  • Crown of Coral and Pearl (Crown of Coral and Pearl, #1)
  • Sorcery of Thorns
  • The Queen's Resistance (The Queen’s Rising, #2)
  • The Deceiver's Heart (The Traitor's Game, #2)
  • Realm of Knights (Knights of the Realm, #1)
  • Queen of Ruin (Grace and Fury, #2)
  • The Bridge Kingdom (The Bridge Kingdom, #1)
  • The Beholder (The Beholder, #1)
  • Nightblood (Frostblood Saga, #3)
  • These Divided Shores (Stream Raiders, #2)
  • The Queen of Nothing (The Folk of the Air, #3)
***Hello Readers! I just want to pop in here and explain that I do not accept friend requests on social media (Goodreads included) unless I know you in real life for several reasons, foremost being the nature of my husband's military job. I promise it isn't personal, and I appreciate everyone who wants to know more about me!***

Erin Beaty was born and raised in Indianapolis, Indiana, which means

The Traitor's Circle (3 books)
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
  • The Traitor's Kingdom (The Traitor's Circle, #3)
“In 812 days I will hold you to your promise to be mine. In most cases you are the stubborn one, but on this I refuse to negotiate, for nothing is more vital to my survival, you must understand. And when I say over and over how I want you to be mine, it is only because I am already completely yours.” 6 likes
“Stay with me tonight. Please. We only have a few hours left."

He swallowed. "All right. Just promise me..."

She nodded. "I'll be good. I promise."

"Well," Alex smiled crookedly, and her heart skipped a beat. "I wouldn't mind if you were a little bad.”
5 likes