Start by marking “Revenge Love” as Want to Read:
Revenge Love

Revenge Love

Revenge is sweet.

Emma Hastings has tried all her life to fit in. Throwing off her awkward high school years to become a member of a prestigious sorority at Wellbridge University, she has her sisters at her side, and the future spread out before her for the taking. Her senior year of college should be filled with parties, studying, and sweating between the sheets before s
Published July 22nd 2018

To ask other readers questions about Revenge Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Revenge Love

Start your review of Revenge Love
☽•☾-Ari
Aug 05, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: freaking-joke

If there's one book I regret reading, then it's this one. Like seriously, it's so freaking bad that I don't even wanna waste my time writing it a scathing review. Just listen to me, and don't pick it up. The immaturity and pointlessness of this alone will kill 90% of your brain cells.

1 "not in revenge, but just because it's that bad" star
Karen
Jul 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
UK chick here! Sorority sisters? Gamma Pi Alpha blah blah. It means nothing to me. I really don’t understand it. But what I do understand is a desire to fit in. To be accepted. To be a cool kid.

Jason Gould has never been a cool kid. He has a facial disfigurement. He is judged. He is convicted. Emma Hastings sees injustice for what it is. She wants to be a cool kid. Can she compromise her need to nurture with her need to fit in?

My word! This book took my heart and fried it. Then cut it into pie
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
3.5 Stars! I went through a range of emotions while reading this book. There were times that I absolutely hated it and then times that I really liked it.

The underlying context of sororities was somewhat lost on me because I never had an interest in joining a sisterhood in college. I never went to frat parties and I find the whole dynamic to be a little insane. However, I learned a little about this lifestyle by reading this book and found it to be quite interesting by the end.

Emma and Jason pul
Coco.V
Mar 14, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie

🎁 FREE on Amazon today (3/14/2020)! 🎁
Britt The Red Hatter Book Blog
I’m so torn on this book. There’s plenty I really, REALLY, love but also a lot that really, REALLY, pulled me out of the actual story. I think the best way to get my feelings across is to just break it down into what did it for me and why along with what didn’t and why without getting into too many details because spoilers. All of that said, I firmly believe there are a lot of people in the world right now that could benefit the lessons hidden inside this romance.
I fully admit, for quite a bit
Melissa Jones
Jun 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"Truth: You find what you're looking for when you least expect it."
"Truth: Friendship and love are impossible without a mutual vulnerability."
"Lie: Love yourself and others will follow."

This NA college romance of frenemies to lovers, of Emma and Jason, is real and raw with truth and lies that bring the angst and squeeze the heart and never let up until the very end. The author takes something as common as "wanting to fit in and being/finding yourself" and gives it a truly unique storyline, one t
Tiffany Readz
Slow Start, Great Finish!

From the blurb, I wasn't sure what to expect with this book and certainly not the emotional roller coaster ride it turned out to be. Kata Cuic gives her readers a little bit of everything in this college-age romance.

Right off the bat I didn't like Emma. I don't know if it was her constant need to fit in, or how she was so "woe is me". Either way, I wasn't a fan. Emma is a college senior and only has a few months to go before graduation. She's in a sorority, however is pr
Mary Mccormack
Jun 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Emma tries desperately to fit in while still fighting against what she really wants to be... herself. While doing what she has to do to keep her status in her sorority she still tries to be a friend a friend to Jason. Jason and Emma went to the same high school and she knows if he had his way he would hide away from the world. He finds life easier if he can hide since he has a VERY obvious birthmark on his face, but it truly isn’t something you can hide. This story is the ups, downs, lefts, and ...more
Miranda Knight
Jun 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sweet revenge is never pretty. Neither is Jason Gould who suffers from a genetic mutation that has left his face disfigured. He is a loner and doesn't fit it. He prefers it that way. But his best friend Emma Hastings won't let him isolate himself from the world. The duo along with Emma's on\off bed fellow and her sorority sister Rosie embark on a revenge plot to show the entitled jerks of Wellbridge University that the outsiders of the world do not have to fit within the societal norms of perfec ...more
Samantha Grubey (ABookHaven)
Shelves: arc, 2018
"I don’t want to go into the plot of this book because I didn’t know much so you should go into it like that, but this book was amazing. I was unsure whether I liked this or not like through the book I kept changing my mind, in the end, I decided I loved it. The book had perfectly flawed characters."

Full review: https://authorsamanthajaynegrubey.wor...
Toni
Aug 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love this book!

If you want typical, this book isn’t for you. If you want everything wrapped up in a nice little package, it’s not for you. If you want your typical hero and heroine, it’s not for you. But, this book IS for you if you love twists and turns. This book is for you if you’re a fan of fighting for love. This absolutely is for you if you love angst. I seriously had to read this book twice before writing a review on it because I missed some stuff the first time around. Big stuff that’s s
Carissa Janes
Jul 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Interesting storyline

Overall I thought this story was intriguing and it kept me guessing at what would happen next. There were a few things that could be tightened up, like the fights seemed to go back and forth and on and on. I didn't understand about Jason's face until several chapters in the book, and then he was a contradiction of self-pity and self-acceptance that had me feeling like whiplash, as well as his feelings for Emma. Sometimes I wasn't sure what was going on with Kieran and where
Christina Spicer
Jun 23, 2020 rated it liked it
How far would you go?

How much would you change about yourself to achieve the things you thought you wanted how much would you make up to fit in? This book asks these questions in a variety of ways with characters you are constantly questioning and analyzing. I enjoyed this book and couldn’t stop reading it. The characters were engaging and interesting. I feel like all the ulterior motives left pieces of the story hanging though and I am wondering if a part two is coming. I did love the conclusio
Kim K
Aug 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A Gem!

This is my first book by this author, and I look forward to reading many more! As a former nonfiction writer and editor, and one who reads both all kinds of books voraciously, I found her writing well done. These are characters who will live on in your memory, with issues and twists in plot that leave you wanting more. Definitely a gem in this genre.
Jennifer Richey
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Mind blown

Wow this book had so much twists and turns you have Jason and Emma they are best friends. Emma and Jason and ro get together with Emma’s ex and they scheme a plan against everyone but things happen but secrets come out and lies come out such a great book!
Gladys
Jul 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
I liked this read very much. It does start slowly but the end makes it worth it. A unique and emotional storyline is a stable base for Jason and Emma's romance. This compelling tale of being different and how that effects you and your actions. I'm posting an honest, voluntary review.
Nicole Emerald Book Reviews  McCurdy
Emerald Book Reviews

'"You're just like the rest of them.  Selfish, stupid, blind to the suffering of others.  No matter how much you daydream otherwise, reality isn't going to get better for some of us.  There are no happily ever afters, no meet-cutes, and no knights in shining armour to slay the dragons.  We are the dragons.  You're just a vapid princess, waiting for someone else to save her."

I wasn't sure what to expect going into Revenge Love by Kata Cuic.  I am a huge fan of her Moving the C
Janine - The World Was Hers for the Reading
Emma Hastings has spent her entire life trying to fit in. She's a people pleaser and wears her heart on her sleeve. She also puts up with a lot from her best friend Jason, because she knows there is more to him than the little he shows the world.
Jason Gould has spent his entire life knowing he'll never fit in due to a facial deformity,, so why even try. He's moody and angry and believes he's not good enough for Emma, even going as far as to push her towards someone he thinks is.

When events at a
Georgie
Jul 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourite, college
This book was so different from anything I have read recently - it didn't follow script or the arc for a story about love and hardship.

I was blindsided at every turn!

Any time I thought I knew what was happening - the plot was turned on its head!

What an amazingly woven tale about all the traits that make us who we are!

The need to fit in, to fly under the radar, to be popular, to be accepted for who you are!

And more importantly the need to know that we are worth more!
More than what we think and, b
Areej
Jul 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was given an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

(4/5) ☆☆☆☆

Honestly, I delved into this book with my expectations fairly neutral. I had nothing to look up to nor was I worried too much I might end up being disappointed (because believe me, I have been disappointed in the past. A lot.) So I was actually taken aback by how good this book was, and this was kind of a constant reminder I shouldn't always take things for granted.

The story of Emma and Jason is not your typical friendship-turns-into-
Catty Jane
****5 STARS****
****ARC Received for Honest Review****

Ok….this is so not the Moving the Chains series, this is not Evie and Rob and I so didn’t give a shit…..I thought it would but I didn’t. If you want angst, drama, flawed characters, depth, evolved and involved plot lines, than read a Kata Cuic book and read this one. Revenge Love is a wonderful perfect 10 dive away from what she is known for. It takes so big b@lls to do something like that and dare she did.

Emma and Jasons relationship and the
Sara ✨ Next Book Review Blog ✨
Revenge Love is exactly what I look for in a book. No matter the genre, I want to feel the books, to feel the pain, the emotions the authors put into their work. Revenge Love is bursting at the seams with feelings, with emotions!! This is such a deep story that really opened my mind and made me think outside of myself and my circle. Emma wants, no, Emma strives to fit in. To just be another sorority girl but she’s so much more than that. Jason would rather hide from the world or maybe just his v ...more
Amy Rangel
Aug 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Revenge Love by Kata Cuic
5 Star - Modern day Beauty and the Beast

This was a wow for me! I have never read any books by the author and I am so glad that I read this book. I have to say that I was a little thrown in the beginning, wondering if this lead female would ever have a relationship, friendship, conversation where people actually mean what they say… but then that was the beauty of it all.

It was like a complete awakening when the puzzles started to fit into place, when the true meanings we
Cathy
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
WOW....this book is hard to put into words. Tears come when thinking about it. Have you ever felt like the outsider, like you didn't fit in, didn't belong? This book tackles those issues and so much more. Love can come about when you try to push it away, love can erupt when needed and grow into something amazing. Love can also hurt and feel like a punishment.

Emma and Jason have this weird sort of friendship and while it may seem different it worked for them and you could see that no matter what
Tracy Lawson
Jul 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars for me

I had really mixed emotions about this book I really did love to hate and I mean that literally.

Emma I really struggled at times with her character she wanted to fit in so bad that she was desperate and I really wanted so shake her at times and tell her to stop being such a doormat and at other times I really felt sorry for her but everything she did was of her own making so........

Jason wants to be the villain of this story but he didn’t pull it off at all how can the beast be t
Suzanne
Jul 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: svbo-reviews
I have to say I did struggle somewhat with this story because the angst and college drama was off the charts. It was almost a little too much that it took a bit away from the actual story and the message it was conveying. The desperate need to fit in. I felt that there was a hostile undertone to the story towards Emma from both people who claim to be her friends and the people she was trying to please. It hurt my heart to see how Emma was treated but also how she treated her friends in some aspe ...more
Amy Stephens
Jul 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love complex stories where the author takes me on a journey and my mind is sent in a million different directions. The angst in Revenge Love, though, is so over the top throughout the bulk of the story, I almost needed to come up for air before diving back into the words again. I wish I could say that I absolutely loved it, because there were parts of it that I did, but then there were other times I wanted to throw my tablet across the room.

In all honesty, I don't think I have ever struggled
Julie
Jun 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, nadult, ya, series, sa
In this new book by Kata Ciuc, we meet Emma, her two best friends Jason and Rosie and her ex Kieran. This book follows Emma as she goes through her final year in college and tries to still find herself and her wants before she is expected to become a true adult.
Like all books by Kata, her heroines are not perfect. She makes her characters have faults, ailments or anything else that helps them be more believable to her readers. like Emma got a bit whiny early in book but it just showed the reade
Becky Wise
Jul 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
At first I didn't know if I was going to enjoy this one since it did take me a little bit to really get into it. But I could be my own fault trying to start a book when I had a lot of distractions going on during the whole read and couldn't give it my full attention. With that being said I plan on re-reading once things slow down a bit since. This book is all about the misfits fighting back against the so called high and mighty and revenge never seemed so sweet. I love the bickering love/hate re ...more
Brianne Maffett
Jul 25, 2018 rated it liked it

Emma and Jason pul

• Further To Fall
  • Just One Night (Blue Beech, #2)
  • Reckless Memories (Wrecked, #1)
  • Just a Fling (Blue Beech, #1)
  • Advice from a Jilted Bride (The Baileys #2)
  • Cross Her Heart (Bree Taggert, #1)
  • Birth of a Baby Daddy (The Baileys #3)
  • I Temporarily Do (Cordially Invited, #1)
  • The Upside of Falling (The Blue Line Duet, #1)
  • Primal Need (Primal Howlers MC, #2)
  • Rocky Mountain Heat (Six Pack Ranch #1, Rocky Mountain House #1)
  • The Left Side of Perfect (The Perfect Duet, #1)
  • Seventeen Days
  • One More Step
  • Rocky Mountain Haven (Six Pack Ranch #2; Rocky Mountain House #2)
  • Future Risk (Pelican Bay Security Book 2)
  • Lessons from a One-Night Stand (The Baileys, #1)
  • Fallen Ink (Montgomery Ink: Colorado Springs, #1)
Kata Čuić lives in Pittsburgh, PA with her husband and three teens. No one told her life was gonna be this way. She holds a degree in Linguistics with a minor in Religious Studies from the University of Pittsburgh. Her plans of becoming a pediatric neurosurgeon were foiled by O Chem 1. Fortunately, she’d been making up stories in her head since the days of her imaginary friend, Choosy. Putting pen ...more

News & Interviews