Start by marking “Rules of Friendship: Friends-to-Lovers Standalone Romance Novel” as Want to Read:
Rules of Friendship: Friends-to-Lovers Standalone Romance Novel

Rules of Friendship: Friends-to-Lovers Standalone Romance Novel

4.37  ·  Rating details ·  187 Ratings  ·  92 Reviews
Friends-to-Lovers Standalone Romance Novel

As a guy, the number one rule to being best friends with a girl should be simple…

Never, and I do mean never, fall in love with her.
Oh and you should never fantasize about her either.

Believe me, that situation can get messy really fast and leave you with nothing but one hell of an awkward mess on your hands—literally.

Reese and I
Published August 6th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Rules of Friendship, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rules of Friendship

DJ Sakata
Aug 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: angsty, new-adult
Favorite Quotes:

I’ve known her since I was two. At one point in our lives we took baths together. What I wouldn’t give to take a bath together now.

We made a pact when we were ten… with spit and everything.

I never thought I’d be walking in on a jerking session with you stroking your prized pony.

It’s like seeing a two-headed snake or a purple elephant.

Oh please! She would so choose me over you. Chicks before dicks, you know.

My Review:

Written in my favorite dual POV, I enjoyed this quick and lively
Lydia H
Jul 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars
Get ready to swoon over Dawson!! Gah! I absolutely LOVED his character!!!

Right off the bat, I was hooked to this storyline because CA Harms developed the emotional angst perfectly. I needed Dawson and Reese to come clean about their feelings towards each other. I NEEDED it. Sure, they had been best friends since they were little, but I needed them to get over their fear and go for it. The angst was amazing, though!!

I found myself talking to my Kindle (seriously!), telling Dawson to just "TELL
Tianna✸loves books✸
They are friends since childhood. But now suddenly they are horny for each other. But this doesn’t stop our H from kissing other girls.
And also there’s this Ow drama, so I’m dropping this.
Kimberly Givan
Aug 08, 2018 rated it liked it
Editing!

Lawd!, where has the editing gone?
Two pet peeves of mine.
I don't know how this word became the norm, but, 'gonna' has to go! It seems to have become a staple for authors, where using 'going to' is apparently to classy?
'Instantly', this word is unnecessary in describing a characters movements. We know they didn't wait a week, or even five minutes to complete the motion , thought, or idea that they were beginning. It's always overused.
The characters, I would have loved to have seen more o
Robyn
Aug 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.25 Soul Mate Stars
Christine~justlovemybooks.com blog~
Aug 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
5 Stars.....

I Can't believe this is my first C.A. Harms book! I've a few on my TBR but this came my way recently and after reading the blurb I knew I'd read it ASAP. Best friends to lovers is one of my favorite tropes of romance. That said, this is one of my favorite reads of this year!

Let's face it, most of us know in the first chapter whether or not a book will be a 5 star rating. For me this book was one of those. The writing was so smooth, the tension and angst was palpable and the wit and
Sara Koelsch
Aug 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
So I have to mention this one small thing about the cover and then I’ll dive into my review, bear with me. My husband came across this book while I was reading it and he asked my why the chick was grabbing the guys stuff in the photo. I didn’t understand until I really went back and looked at the photo. It really does look like she’s preparing to relieve him with her front hand... right in front of his jeans. I never noticed until it was pointed out and now, I can’t unsee it. Please, someone el ...more
Janna ♥ I'm A Sweet And Sassy Book Whore ♥
***This and other reviews can be found at www.imasweetandsassybookwhore.com ***

*ARC*

Rules Of Friendship was just what I was needing to read when I picked this one up. I love a good friend to lover’s romance, especially when the characters are best friends and both feel more than friendship feelings towards the other person. I have said it before and I will say it again because I truly believe that if you have a friendship before dating it just strengthens your relationship, or maybe it is just t
Danielle S.
Aug 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Hmmmm....Where do I start? Obviously, just just by reading the title you can sorta figure out this is a story about friends. Best friends. Childhood friends.

Reese & Dawson were practically besties in the womb. They’re moms were best friends, so by default...you get the point. They’re so close, they even live together. Living with your “person” is awesome! Until it’s not...

Yeah, so when Dawson starts fantasizing about Reese and she about him (all on the DL) they have to hide their new feelin
Britt Red Hatter Book Blog
Jul 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It’s no secret C.A. Harms is one of my favorite authors. It doesn’t matter what she writes, she manages to always create a story that completely captures me. Rules of Friendship grabbed me from the prologue and just kept pulling me in with every page! I’m not exaggerating when I say I devoured this book. I don’t think I even blinked while I was reading I was so hooked on Reese and Dawson!
These two best friends bring a whole new meaning to sexual tension. Both secretly in love with each other. Bo
Renee Entress from Renee Entress's Blog
5 star

I was pulled right into this story. This story contains love, laughs, heartbreak, secrets, and pain.

This is Reese and Dawson‘s story. Reese and Dawson have been best friends forever. But as the years have gone by they have both been slowly falling for each other. Feelings have changed from love to in love. But they are both afraid to shake the friendship up. So, they both stay silent. All the secret looks and hiding the attraction is about to come to head. But will these two be able to ad
Angie
Aug 08, 2018 rated it liked it
Friends to lovers books are always a little iffy to me. I want my heroes to be all about their heroines after they've met. So when you have a man and a woman who are friends, but see other people even though they have feelings for each other. Yeah, it can be a hard sell for me.

That being said, this was one of the better ones. Harms has a way of immersing you into the story so that you feel what the characters are feeling. One of the reasons why I like her books so much and she's on the short lis
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
I devoured this book. I couldn't put it down. I just loved Dawson. He's such a caring friend to Reese and then it happens, they both start to develop feelings for one another but are scared to confront these feelings because so much is on the line. And Dawson, oh my word, a hot firefighter/rescuer who gives us lines like this "Reese is my rock. Could I live without her? Yes, but I never wanted to face that kind of darkness." Let's just say Dawson is pretty swoon worthy and Reese is a little spit ...more
Reckless Readers
Aug 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Rules of Friendship is exactly like the titles says, except no one really follows this!
Dawson works for fire and rescue for LA. Reese and himself have been friends since they were basically born. Their moms we're best friends, so they always have been together.
Living together has started proving to be a little too much for Reese. She tries to see him in a best friend light but the temptation is slowly growing.
Obviously these two make a go at it. What you aren't anticipating in the drama that
Anne Milne
Aug 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
What happens when your in love with your best friend and they're clueless about how you feel. Or are they??

Reese and Dawson have shared alot over the years but the way they feel that's never been spoken about. I loved the concept of the story even if at times I was Infuriated with them. I found myself screaming ( in my head) at them to just talk to each other.

The deep bond they have for each other was easy to see, I liked that the author didn't go overboard with this but the reader see it unfold
BookAddict
Jul 26, 2018 rated it liked it
I really wanted to love this book. This author is one I’ve come to rely on for evocative storylines, complex and endearing characters, and a great mixture of humor, heat and emotion, so I was excited to read an early copy of this book. The friends to lovers premise appealed to me and I easily fell in love with both Dawson and Reese. They’ve been best friends forever, right into adulthood. He works as a firefighter and they share an apartment while Reese finishes up her veterinarian program. They ...more
Djg
3 1/2 stars.
Reese and Dawson are lifelong best friends but both are carrying a secret torch for each other. He messes up but she should have listened to him. Even so it's a beautiful story, I needed more epilogue but I love this author regardless.
Spunky N Sassy
Aug 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Spunky N Sassy Rating: 4.0

~~~~~~~~~~Lindsey's ⭐⭐⭐⭐ Review~~~~~~~~~~

This book was fantastic. I love friends to lovers romance. They’re always sweet, sexy, and snarky. This book is hilarious.
Nancy Metsch
Jul 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
** spoiler free review**
Meet best friends Reese and Dawson.
I loved how they knew each other their whole lives. I feel this story was just amazing. Friends to lovers is the best way to go
Donna Purcell zappone
Jul 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The friends-to-lovers relationship can be the hardest one to have. What happens when you go from "best friend zone" to "boyfriend/girlfriend zone"? What happens if the relationship doesn't pan out? Will you still be able to maintain your "best friend" relationship again? Will you ever be able to get back what you once had if the relationship fails?
Dawson and Reese have been best friends since they were children. Everyone, except Dawson and Reese, could see the love (and lust) they shared for e
Becky Rendon
Jul 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars of pure sweet, perfection

It's like these two wear blinders. All that love is being isolated in the "laboratory" that is their friendship. Must quarantine the "friendship" keep those pesky "more" feelings far away. Only problem is...eventually they eat you up. Feelings get hurt. Needs change. And that friendship you cling to so hard...is missing something.

If C.A. Harms hadn't written this in both points of view, I'm sure this review would have had stabby hands and death threats. But don
Erica
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Hands down the friends to lovers book to end all!
Rules of Friendship was everything I hoped for and more. I adore friends to lovers an this one is my new favorite, I was literally on the edge of my seat waiting for Reese & Dawson to get their heads right an open their mouths!! Every page I turned I hoped would be the one where someone admitted their feelings. This book is chock full of sexual tension, denial and two of the most impressive best friends I can recall reading.
Loved it, read it i
Bubbles The Book Pimp
Dawson and Reese have been best friends since they were ten years old. They have been together through the rough and smooth... thick and thin..friends to the end.
They have their routines and friends but they always make time for each other.
But neither has been honest with each other, about how they actually feel... because if they poked at it too much it would mean taking a gamble which could ultimately end their friendship.

Great way to spend a few hours, this book is sweet and saucy with a g
Deborah Harrell-jones
Aug 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Reviewed by Deborah from Alpha Book Club
descriptiondescription

A story and friendship, deep love and risking the heart has unfolded here in the new novel from C.A. She writes about two people who have been friends since they were little kids and now living together with these feelings they do not want to act on. They have been through one another being with other people and listening to any and everything. Reese and Dawson are best friends and they are both feeling something different towards one another but do not k
Marnie
Aug 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
“Staring at his best friend thinking all types of dirty thoughts”

Dawson, as a gorgeous broad shouldered fireman and EMT, is everything I love about book boyfriends, and Rules of Friendship by CA Harms is everything I love about the contemporary romance genre.
He’s sharing a house, (and dirty thoughts) with his best friend Reese who is a vet student in College. They've been best friends since they were young, and what he doesn't know, is that she's been thinking of him too!

The writing is enterta
Jennifer Pierson
Aug 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I swear to all that is holy that if the brilliant and so very addictive C.A. Harms ever stops writing, my world will end, as I'll NEVER EVER get enough of her epic stories no matter the topic. I'm a girl who likes a friends to lovers story, but after so many of them, I do tend to find them repetitive at times, however, Rules of Friendship hooked me from the get go, and I didn't even change positions until ever last word was devoured. See Reese and Dawson have been best friends since they were li ...more
Ria -  Reading Is Our Satisfaction
Give me a Dawson any day

Just let me get this out there, CA Harms is one of my favourite authors and this time she has absolutely excelled and surpassed all of my expectations. Dawson and Reese were simply wonderful characters that are so easy to relate to. From the very first page I was hooked and I just didn't want to let go - it was simply sublime.

Dawson, what can be said about a man who was just a total dream. He and Reese had been best of friends since childhood, but somewhere in time someth
Lauren
I really enjoyed this story. From page one, I was hooked. I devoured this book in one sitting and was satisfied throughout. This story is a friend’s to lover’s romance. The writing style is easy to follow, the characters are loveable and the storyline is enjoyable.
I love Dawson and Reese. The friendship between them was so strong; I could understand why they were both afraid to lose one another if a relationship between them didn’t work.
I liked Dawson but he did irritate me a little at times.
Marta Bo
Aug 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
C.A. Harms is very new author for me.
When I saw that this book is about Friends to Lovers, I knew that I need to give C.A. Harms a shot. I have compelety no idea what I find inside this book. I didn't even read blurb, one and only thing what I looked on, was the title. I love this kind of stories, so I had hope that this one will be good.

After reading the blurb mabybe You will think : this is the story just like the thousands others of this kind!
I can agree with You, but from the other side loo
Sarah Dale
Aug 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Anything CA Harms writes is pure gold and this book is no exception. It doesn't matter what she writes she draws you in, captivating you from the first word till the very end. She gives you characters you fall in love with and a storyline that gives you all the feels and emotions that you look for in a good book.

With Dawson and Reese she brings us two friends who are so well suited that everyone can see they should be together but they won't admit it or risk their friendship. These two made me
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »