Start by marking “Lifescale: How to Live a More Creative, Productive, and Happy Life” as Want to Read:
Lifescale: How to Live a More Creative, Productive, and Happy Life

Lifescale: How to Live a More Creative, Productive, and Happy Life

Somewhere along the way, we got distracted. As much as we multitask, love our devices and feel like we’re in control, deep down we know that something is off. Shortened attention spans, declines in critical thinking, lack of sleep, self-doubt and decreased creativity are just some of the effects coming to light in an age of digital distraction.

It’s time to reclaim our
Published March 6th 2019 by Wiley

To ask other readers questions about Lifescale, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lifescale

Start your review of Lifescale: How to Live a More Creative, Productive, and Happy Life
May 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Full disclosure: I’ve been a fan of Solis for a long time and was eager to read this book not only to support him but also because I’ve encountered many of the challenges described in this book within my own career.

In some respects, this book was tailor made for people like me who went “all in” on the digital revolution in the past ten years, who are now looking around wondering “How did I allow all of this noise to hijack so much of my life?”

Many of us who depend on the output of deep work
Kristen Syrek
Aug 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As a PR/marketing person, I've followed Brian's work for a long time. I saw tweets about this book at the perfect time. I am at a point in my career where I'm ready to give back, and do something meaningful. Lifescale gave me a plan to survive where I am now and add back some creativity ... and gave me the tools to determine what's next. I have recomended this book to almost eveyone. I told a few people they could borrow my copy, but I bought them their own. It's a book you need in physical form ...more
Leo Bottary
Apr 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! The first line of the first chapter of Life Scale, titled Realize, reads, “I’m still not exactly sure when I realized I first had a problem.” As I continued on, I couldn’t help but look at the front cover, imagining for a moment that I was sharing a story about my own life, but had somehow forgotten I wrote about it in a book. I don’t think I’ve ever had a narrative speak to me so pointedly.

Suffice it to say that if you want to correct the problem I shared with Brian Solis, or keep it from
Richard
Apr 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Life Scaling is a book about freeing up your time and mental energy to live a more creative, productive and ultimately, happier life.

The author offers practical advice on breaking free from distractions and focusing on what gives you joy, both personally and professionally.

The book features a lot of lovely break out boxes with quotes, plus pictures and ideas. It's very visually appealing.

I found it to be an inspiring read with a lot of great ideas on mindfulness, focus, living in the moment and
Ashley Hass
May 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was wonderful. I couldn’t put it down after I picked it up! Brian Solis does an amazing job of explicating a problem that we all are dealing with, distraction, and gives wonderful advice and tips to help with it in a distracted world. I would highly recommend reading this book if you need a breath of fresh air!
Shannon Clark
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
First - a disclosure Brian Solis is a friend (of the he was invited to my wedding variety), though it has been far too long since we caught up in person but we have large numbers of mutual friends and remain connected across various digital mediums. That said I was delighted to preorder his latest book and set aside time to read (and to review it).

I expect I will revisit this book from time to time - as I check in on myself and my own progress. I actually already do and practice many of the
Tim Hughes
Dec 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
There seems to be a number of these books around at the moment; In 2016, Jill Konrath wrote “More Sales - Less Time” in 2019, Nir Eyal came out with “Indistractable: How to Control Your Attention and Choose Your Life”. Both, these books about the distractions in our work today and what to do about them. Such as turn off the bells and whistles of apps. Nir’s book has some real-life actions you can take in your life with distractions, such as betting yourself. He did a deal with a friend that if ...more
Omar M. Khateeb
Jun 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Although we love our devices, deep down we know we’re depressed, distracted, and full of self-doubt in the age of digital distraction.

Technology has shifted paradigms in how we live but nobody was prepared for the negative side effects.

The book of the week is one of the first guides on how to live a fulfilled and happy life where technology works for you vs the other way around.

Digital analyst and futurist Brian Solis takes us on a personal journey as he spent a year coming to terms with the
Abdullah Ag
Aug 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A life teacher

In the beginning of my journey in entrepreneurship I struggled to balance work and fun. It was tough to formulate a new way of working after long on corporate life. Yet after couple of years in the business I am focusing more on what matters and my family. This book is a good guide that i use some the teachings for my employees orientation at TRIGGERS. (Wintriggers.com) We help businesses transform into digital. And we need focus and creativity all the way. Thanks Brian Solis for
Aarif  Billah
Your time and attention have never been more valuable. Tech companies vie for your attention and trade it as a commodity. They lure you into increasing your time on their platforms and exploit neuroscientific discoveries to manipulate your online behavior.
>> Read more: https://www.crazyrichasianguy.com/lif...
Karen
Oct 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Lifescale is a book about revisiting how you're living your life so you can free up your time and energy to live a life that's more aligned with your values and be happier and more fulfilled. There are a lot of references to other fantastic books/ideas and several different exercises you can do to help get started. There weren't too many super-new-to-me ideas in this book but I liked the way it was organized, concise and actionable.
Brenda
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This will join “Essentialism,” “Big Magic,” and “Do Your Om Thing” on my desk as a book to refer back to over and over again.
Corey Helms
Jan 02, 2020
« previous 1 3 next »

• Indistractable: How to Control Your Attention and Choose Your Life
  • Anyone
  • Creative Calling: Establish a Daily Practice, Infuse Your World with Meaning, and Succeed in Work + Life
  • The Coffee Bean: A Simple Lesson to Create Positive Change
  • Everything is Figureoutable: How One Simple Belief Can Help Us Overcome Any Obstacle and Create Unstoppable Success
  • Royal Holiday (The Wedding Date, #4)
  • Cinderella Story: My Life in Golf
  • The Bone Keeper
  • Unsolved Mysteries of American History: An Eye-Opening Journey Through 500 Years of Discoveries, Disappearances, and Baffling Events
  • The Making of You: A Journey from Cell to Human
  • The Explicit Gospel
  • We Are the Weather: Saving the Planet Begins at Breakfast
  • The Robot and Automation Almanac - 2018: The Futurist Institute
  • Freedom from Anxious Thoughts and Feelings: A Two-Step Mindfulness Approach for Moving Beyond Fear and Worry
  • Rumi Poetry: 101 Quotes Of Wisdom On Life, Love And Happiness (Sufi Poetry, Rumi Poetry, Inspirational Quotes, Sufism)
  • Mental Models: 30 Tools To Master Logic And Productivity
Brian Solis is principal at Altimeter Group, a research firm focused on disruptive technology. A digital analyst, sociologist, and futurist, Solis has studied and influenced the effects of emerging technology on business, marketing, and culture. Solis is also globally recognized as one of the most prominent thought leaders and published authors in new media. His new book, What's the Future of ...more
“The biggest tech companies in the world are always trying to figure out how to juice people.” 0 likes