Start by marking “CONFERENCE ROOM, FIVE MINUTES” as Want to Read:
CONFERENCE ROOM, FIVE MINUTES

CONFERENCE ROOM, FIVE MINUTES

Published July 23rd 2018

To ask other readers questions about CONFERENCE ROOM, FIVE MINUTES, please sign up.
Renan Borelli it's a PDF, so only available here: scrantonproject.com. also, he says he's taking it down soon, so i'd grab it while you can.

Kirsty Hughes
Sep 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: on-my-kindle, quickie
I think it is pretty obvious that only fans of The Office would enjoy this. My boyfriend bought this for me and sent me the PDF, which is the only way to access it.

I liked it a lot, going in without expecting too much because I knew it was just a few short essays. I felt myself wanting slightly more, but that is because I enjoy analyzing television shows and this was more of a discussion about either specific episodes or characters rather than any analyzing, which is just fine really. The Offic
Philip
Oct 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
Is this you?

Watch a new show? No. Watch The Office again.

If so, then read this book. (You can get it HERE. It's $20.)

Or you could find somebody who bought it, and borrow it off of them. (Probably.) Chances are your library doesn't have it. Like the website says, "A digital packet for a paperless world." (My copy is printed out - white/24lb/bond/single-sided/unbound - Suck it, @Shea... a digital packet for a paperless world, indeed.)

Look: if you're a fan of the show, you're bound to love this book. It's just like friends discussing the stuf
Andrew Nguyen
Jul 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shea’s articles on Grantland and The Ringer are always enjoyable and are sometimes hilarious. This collection of essays lands somewhere north of average.

I really like Shea’s writing because it’s mostly written like I’m talking shit with my friends and coming up with dumb hypothetical situations. This is CRFM at its best, producing a scouting report for each of the players on The Basketball Game episode. On the other end of the spectrum, there are in depth pieces on specific episodes like The Art
Matt Trowbridge
Jul 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you are looking for a book of essays about a beloved sitcom which features what I think many would argue is misplaced (though, it is actually misunderstood) passion for the minute details of one of the funniest, big-hearted shows to ever air on TV, this is the book for you. Shea Serrano is so easy and fun to read. This book of essays feels like what it's like to talk to someone with whom you find out you share a love of something, which, in this case, is The Office.

If you are looking for a bo
Kevin
Aug 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2010-s, humor, non-fic, film-tv
Witty, fascinating, strangely prescient. A must-read for fans of the Office.
Cathy O'Neal
Aug 10, 2018 rated it it was ok
I am a total nerd when it comes to The Office. Seriously. I've seen the episodes before Steve Carell left the show many. many times each. I've seen the later ones also, just not as many times. It just wasn't the same without Michael Scott. (I also firmly believe that Steve Carell should really be with me. Sorry, Nancy Carell.) I discovered this ebook by reading an article in Texas Monthly magazine -- the author is a Texan known for previous books about rap and basketball. The minute I read about ...more
Sara
Jul 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
I loved this collection of essays because it reminded me of episodes and scenes and jokes that I hadn’t heard in a while. I thought Shea Serrano added a lot of great commentary in some places, and then basically just narrated episodes I already had memorized in other sections. Maybe part of the problem is that I know the show so well, the long recaps were redundant. It could be argued that Serrano was trying to get all readers up to speed, but it’s a self-selecting audience— anyone that knows ab ...more
Justin Hairston
Aug 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
As good as it is short. A heartfelt tribute to one of the most endearing television shows of all time.

More importantly, after three books/projects from Shea Serrano, I think I'm ready to declare that he is just an all-around, capital-G Great writer. His ultra-plainspoken manner betrays the wit and sharpness behind everything he writes, and his meandering sentences evoke a less-burdened David Foster Wallace. That seems like a crazy comparison to make, except that maybe it's not all that crazy at
Mark McDaniel
Jul 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
I think I simply set my expectations too high as I recently finished “Basketball (And Other Things)” and “The Rap Yearbook.” The art work is perfect and some are the chapters are great, but in other chapters (or “meetings”), it sort of feels like he is rambling about The Office without any real sort of direction. Also, like in “The Rap Yearbook,” I believe Shea is burdened by having to adhere to a strict word count, so some of his ideas in certain “meetings” do not seem fully developed.
Shea is
Shane B
Aug 29, 2018 rated it liked it
I love Shea Serrano and might just buy anything he writes, ever. I also love the Office. So I love that Shea Serrano wrote a book about the Office. Its a fun project. The pictures are pretty also. And Jim Halpert is definitely hot, how could you even argue about this? Look at him???

I probably wouldn't recommend this to people who aren't familiar with Shea's style - its not his BEST work, either. But I still had fun reading it.
Bar Lovv
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
Shea Serrano might be some kind of mad genius. Every piece of writing that I've read from him has managed to walk the line between inaccessible and delightful and CRFM was no exception. He is laser focussed on some of strangest moments in The Office and .. I don't really want to or have anything more to say. You need to do yourselves a favour and read this book as soon as you can. Just do it.
Siran
Aug 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’ll give it 8 stars if I can. Not 10 stars because it’s too short! Much like the show itself, I just wish it could go on and on and on... Shea made me so very happy, as usual. I laughed uncontrollably for many essays, wept for one, and had a warm wise old-aged ‘daww you guys’ smile on during the entire last essay. <3

Shea is a super nerd. Nerds are great.
Bridget Guetta
Aug 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A must-read for any Office fan (probably will not enjoy it if you haven’t seen The Office, but also- if you haven’t seen The Office, what are you doing with your life!?) Make sure not to miss the footnotes!
Nick Greenwood
Shelves: 2018-books
Do you like The Office? Does it matter. Just buy this. Shea is awesome. The Office is awesome. It's full of great essays about The Office. It'll make you re-watch the series to pick up on things and then you'll want to write essays about The Office.
Steve
Nov 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
I’d definitely recommend reading this after a rewatch of the show because it references some pretty specific stuff. But for those who love the show, it’s a great way to relive what made it great. Shea’s hilarious as always.
Corina
“Pam Has an Art Show,” tho 😭
Luke Carman
Aug 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-essays
oh hey, this counts as a book!

Shea Serrano's essays are always enjoyable. He's great on Twitter, and in most of these essays, it transfers really well. The Office is great. This was a fun read.
Matt Lee
Sep 11, 2018 rated it liked it
Some essays are fantastic. Others are okay. Altogether, this was a very fun, very funny read. I'll recommend it to all Office fans.
Kent Carpenter
Dec 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have always loved reading Shea Serrano (See his book Basketball: and Other Things). This is such a fun way to remember all the best parts of The Office.
Brandon Anderson
#FOHArmy

Nuff said.
Alicia Simba
Aug 15, 2018 rated it liked it
This book wasn't written all that great and I wished it was longer, but I love Shea Serrano and I love The Office so it was great even if for that alone.
Mike Markle
Aug 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a ton of fun to read. It took me back to episodes I know and love, while giving me some perspective I might not have caught. Thanks, Shea and Arturo!

FOH
Katie
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Creative as hell. Hilarious. Literary. A blast. I've never had so much fun reading. Standing ovation to Shea
Ariel
Jul 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A series of fun essays about The Office from someone who very clearly 1. knows his stuff and B. loves the Office.

The only criticism I have is that it's too small...that's what she said.
Bay Car
Jul 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An absolutely necessary read for anyone who is a fan of the office. Absolutely perfect.
Olivia Witherite
Aug 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
Nowhere as good as Basketball (and Other Things). A quick, fun read but definitely a stream of consciousness about The Office more than complete thoughts. Not
Albert Chavesta
Aug 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
A brilliant take and analysis on The Office. A must-read if you're a super fan.
Josh
Aug 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
I'll read anything Shea writes but this was especially in my wheelhouse
Laura Berendts
3.5 / 5

Cute collection of conversational essays about The Office with nice illustrations. Writing isn’t strong enough to recommend it to non-Office fans, but the episodes are constant background noise in your house as they are in mine, you will enjoy it.

Some essays are uninspired lists (what if the Office characters were heist movie stereotypes, who were Dwight’s biggest nemeses) but there is one that really beautifully articulates what is so lovely about the scene where Michael shows up at Pam’
Seán Lee

• 500 Years of Chicana Women's History/500 Años de la Mujer Chicana
  • Furious Cool: Richard Pryor and the World That Made Him
  • Stuff Every Woman Should Know
  • The Memphis Diary of Ida B. Wells
  • Frida: ¡Viva La Vida! Long Live Life!
  • Dads Are the Original Hipsters
  • B^F: The Novelization Of The Feature Film
  • Hunters in the Snow
  • The Accidental Santera
  • Guests of the Nation
  • The Battle of Brazil: Terry Gilliam V. Universal Pictures in the Fight to the Final Cut
  • Dogfight: The 2012 Presidential Campaign in Verse
  • Vindicating the Founders: Race, Sex, Class, and Justice in the Origins of America
  • I Was the Jukebox: Poems