Start by marking “The Language Thieves: A young adult fantasy” as Want to Read:
The Language Thieves: A young adult fantasy

The Language Thieves: A young adult fantasy

The Cerebrals are a tribe so elusive that most believe them to be imaginary. Like vampires, they live on an isolated Scottish island and drain languages from people’s minds. The few who have encountered them fear losing their speech and vow never to mention them again. No one on the island can even imagine the sinister plan behind the thefts. With powers so vast, these ...more
Published July 19th 2018 by Misty Moon Books /Marc Remus

To ask other readers questions about The Language Thieves, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Language Thieves

Start your review of The Language Thieves: A young adult fantasy
Susan
Jul 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: elementary, fantasy
Fun fantasy in the real world!
The concept of lost languages brings to mind the depth of the meaning and importance of diversity. In Ireland, they are trying to bring back their Gaelic language before it is lost ~ even the signs in town are in 2 languages and students are studying Gaelic in school.
Thanks Marc Remus for a great way for our youth to understand the importance of their own culture ~ including their language.
Nada Sobhi
Sep 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
"Were there actually people called Cerebrals who could steal languages from your mind?
They sounded like vampires draining words from people."

The Language Thieves by Marc Remus is fun, quick-paced young adult story for anyone who is a fan of languages.

Daniel is moving to a remote area in Scotland with his parents after his mother suffers a strange disease that renders her unable to speak or move and after his father is cured of cancer. His father brings everything Irish and green along with
Dimitris
Aug 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I got The Language Thieves because I became a big fan of the Magora fantasy series by Marc Remus. My niece loved that series, so I was pleased to find a new title by the author!

The Language Thieves is completely different than his other books, but no less exciting and thrilling! The audience I’d say is young adults rather than middle graders, but I’m sure adults will enjoy it as much, at least I did. The story is well-written, the characters are believable and memorable, and the plot moves fast.
Jo-Marie Jo-Marie
Jul 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An Amazing Fantasy World Within Reality

Did you ever wonder why there are so many different languages spoken today? Or why some languages are no longer used?

Do you speak multiple languages? Perhaps you should be on guard. Or just enjoy reading The Language Thieves!

Marc Remus has done it again! He’s created a beautifully detailed fantasy within our real world, taking legends from the past to create a totally believable adventure.

I was hooked on his teenage characters from chapter one. I cheered
Fiona Ingram
Oct 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Language Thieves is a young adult fantasy by Marc Remus. Sixteen-year-old Daniel is none too happy about his father’s decision to move the family from Arizona to a remote Scottish island, of all places. His mother was stricken by a mysterious illness that has rendered her incapable of communication. Daniel speaks English and Irish Gaelic although he isn’t too keen on overtly displaying his Irish roots. Once on the island, he meets two new friends, Jenny and Connor, who are as suspicious as ...more
Literary Classics Book Awards & Reviews
Daniel is none too thrilled to be moving to Ireland. But when he learns about a centuries-old tribe rumored to steal people’s language, he is determined to learn more. The Cerebrals, as they are called, live on a remote Scottish island. They have created a means by which they can drain language directly from people’s minds. Daniel can’t help but wonder if the Cerebrals have anything to do with his mother’s recent illness. And now, to make matters worse, it appears the island to which they are ...more
Shea Carlson
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Unique storyline that will appeal to both teenagers and adults. It seems far-fetched, but that’s part of what makes the book so appealing. And the cover? Magnificent. Mr. Remus is a talented author and artist.
Ellen Manaford
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Off the bat, this is an amazing book! It surprised me very much. I was drawn in by the cover but did not expect such a wild ride. It's a mixture between fantasy and sci-fi about a tribe in Scotland that steals languages. As strange as the concept seemed at first, in the end the entire book came together smoothly. It's an exciting story with lots of twists and turns. My daughter is a little too youg to read this story (just 7 years) but my 13 year old son loved it as much as I did.
Sally
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love science fiction and fantasy. This book was an amazing experience that combined the two genres and took me on a wild ride with a surprise ending.
It's easy to read and a page turner. Love it!
Ellejackson
Aug 05, 2018
Robin
Jan 24, 2019
Marc Remus
May 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Lis Anna-Langston
is currently reading it
Oct 08, 2019
Debie Hard
Dec 05, 2019

• Glimpses of Wilderness (The Glimpses Series Book 1)
  • Demon Reaper (Demon Reaper Trilogy Book 1)
  • Notes From A Coach: 31 Days of Meditation for Teenage Girls
  • We Are Immeasurable
  • Cecilia
  • The Dark Underworld (The Chosen Coven Book #2)
  • The Dark Awakening (The Chosen Coven Book #1)
  • Ben Archer and the Cosmic Fall (Alien Skill, #1)
  • The Dark Deliverance (The Chosen Coven Book #3)
  • With the Courage of a Mouse (Superhero School #1)
  • With the Courage of a Mouse (Superhero School #1)
  • Tupelo Honey
  • Awaken: Book two of the Alderash Series
  • Unbound: Book one of the Alderash Series
  • Graveminder (Graveminder, #1)
  • The Secrets You Keep
  • Crescendo (Hush, Hush, #2)
  • Possessed by the Devil