Start by marking “James the Christmas Grouch (The Hunted)” as Want to Read:
James the Christmas Grouch (The Hunted)

James the Christmas Grouch

(The Hunted)

The stockings are hung, the lights are aglow, and the mistletoe is ready for kisses to be stolen beneath it. There’s just one problem…none of those decorations are in James and my apartment.

We just started our happily ever after – we’re newly engaged, in a new city, with new friends. We’ve both given up a lot to make this relationship work, but I never thought I might hav
Published July 25th 2018

To ask other readers questions about James the Christmas Grouch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about James the Christmas Grouch

Start your review of James the Christmas Grouch (The Hunted)
Michelle
Nov 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: short-sweet
No Grinch this Christmas.

This was a quick, sweet read. I loved seeing James and Penny happy! Especially after all the angst and drama in Temptation and Addiction. These two needed some Christmas magic!
Shannon Talkington
Apr 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Christmas spirit

That was such a cute little side story, Rob just cracks me up and can't wait to read more about him. I love James and penny's story!
Coco.V
Dec 02, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (12/2/2019)! 🎁
Ivy Smoak
Jul 26, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)

Surprise Christmas in July Release -

James the Christmas Grouch:

Amazon: https://amzn.to/2uS2eHU
iBooks: https://apple.co/2OcnLmV
Nook: http://bit.ly/2LF1PCn
Pam
Jul 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
James the Christmas Grouch is by Ivy Smoat. This is a novella that goes after book Temptation and Addiction in The Hunting series. We are introduced or reintroduced to Rob, James’ brother; Mason his best friend: and Matt, Mason’s brother. The four of the boys had been together since they were little. They had their own reasons for not being inundated with Christmas Spirit.
Penny was looking forward to making new Christmas traditions with James this year. Traditions that incorporated each other’s
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)
James the Christmas Grouch is a sweet, sexy story set within the The Hunted Series and was originally released in The Hunted Volume I: 5 Book Bundle. It tells the story of Penny and James's first Christmas together.

Penny realizes that James (and Rob, and Matt and Mason) hate Christmas, thanks to their families, and she's determined to make them all believe in the beautiful part of Christmas, so they make their own traditions together. There are sexy times to be had, thanks to Penny's naughty
A.M.
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: e-books, i-own
This was a mistake… I saw it was part of a series but without a number, I assumed it didn’t matter when you read it. And it clearly does.
I have no idea why these people are together, why the paparazzi is following her, and why it is anybody else’s business.
And why is this under age girl with a professor? And who in NY would care?
His friends are … I want to say gross.
"Sure," Rob whispered and leaned forward slightly. "I told the guys we're all getting lucky tonight because you're handing out blow
Heather Rada
Jan 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This novella was adorable! This small glimpse into their life around the holidays after leaving Newark and moving to NYC was everything I expected and more!

James and Penny have such an epic love and this book just added to my love for them! Rob never ceases to make me laugh and Mason’s soft side warms my heart to uncharted levels!

This is definitely a must read if you’re looking for more James and Penny!!
Beth C.
Aug 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Super cute and sweet a Christmas story

This is such a great series, and this novella was a perfect addition. Penny and James are so wonderful together and so much in love. And it’s so sweet how James’s friends have become Penny’s too and how much she’s invested in their happiness too.
Best part of the book by far though, is Rob’s Christmas present for Penny! I was dying!! Perfection!
H NELMS
Aug 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved it

Loved it...I must admit that after reading book one in this series...I said in my review that I found our heroin a tad too childish...I wasn't going to bother with the rest of series...but I liked James... and I thought that she would get older so would grow up a bit...well I read this little book to see and loved it...going to read the rest of the series now...well done Ivy.x
Arika
Aug 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ilene G>
Dec 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
A quick, nice read.

Penny and James have their first Christmas together, and Penny is determined to show James the magic of Christmas. This is a nice Christmas romance. Penny introduced some Christmas traditions to James, and creates new ones. They have good friends and each other.
Courtney
Dec 15, 2019 rated it it was ok
Missing something...

I felt I was missing something. Oh wait .. I was. I didn’t read the previous book about how James and Penny got together. It took me several pages to figure out that Rob was the brother. It should stand alone. Make it a little longer and give us a little backstory for those who haven’t read something coming before.
Netta Overhulser
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Christmas spirit

This is a cute but not story of one having Christmas spirit in abundance and the other having none. The ending was sweet, and of course we get more of the obnoxious Rob, and get to briefly meet two of James's friends. I read this book right after reading book two of James's and Penny's story.
Elise Hargreaves
Aug 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Short and sweet...

This was a really cute novella with James and Penny celebrating their very first Christmas together after their move to NYC. Penny loves the holidays but James is sadly lacking the Christmas spirit so Penny makes it her mission to show him what the season of goodwill is all about.
Nicole Ortiz
Nov 30, 2019 rated it liked it
I didn't know this is a short story from The Hunted series. There wasn't anything that James did to make me think he was a grouch and Penny came off a bit whiny for me. I will try to read the series and see how these two got together.
Catherine Geist
Dec 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sweet

This was a very story,but I loved it. The story was great & well written. It brought the feeling of Christmas what it used to like. More fun & loving & not about see who buys the most expensive gift.
Anne Turnley
Dec 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Christmas without family

James and Penny are living in New York City. She is away from her family for the first time and his family won't accept her. Can she create a real Christmas spirit for them?
Cassi Day
Dec 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sexy, fun, quick read.

I enjoyed the story and the perfect fun, sexy, easy read, well written. Adjusting to being away from home and in the spotlight takes a toll, but love makes it all work out. Will read another.
Monique Pearson
Dec 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed it even before reading the series

I'm now enticed enough to go back and see how this whole relationship unfolds. It started a little cheesey but I ended up really enjoying this story. The naughty Christmas morning was awesome.
C.Y.
Apr 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A Fun Christmas Novella

I already enjoyed James and Penny’s story. This was just extra fun reading about their first Christmas together. I’m a lot like Penny when it comes to Christmas. I loved how she was able to share Christmas with Mason, Matt, and Rob.
Fredrica Jaye Rowland
Apr 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A look at James and Penny's 1st Christmas together, a sweet story!! Short story only 4 long chapters, read it in a couple hours. A true amazing Ivy book, like always!! A mosy resd if you LOVE the The Hunted series!!
Jodie
May 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was such a sweet pick me up, it was funny and festive (even if I did read it in May). And it was cute. Love how their relationship has developed in the few months between them end of the second book and this.
Sherry Patrick
Oct 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great book! I loved hearing about James and Penny's first Christmas together.
Lynn Ratliff
Nov 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good short story about some insight to James.
Linda Rea
Dec 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cute
Heather Cicio
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Short but sweet!

This book was very short but I really enjoyed it! I really liked the characters and hope to read more on them all!
Christine Lalonde
Merry Christmas!

What a cute, sweet little Christmas story to help put you in a festive mood.

A very quick read but it still full fills and leaves you with more Christmas cheer!🎄
Cindy Pozenel
Ho ho ho

Eve's first christmas in love in New York City. A good read that's little naughty and a little nice. Here 's to christmas traditions old and new.
Donna Foster
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a cute Christmas tale

I assume it's a short story from a book! And well done one at that!. You're never to old to believe in Christmas! Thank you very much.

• The Italian
  • Anyone But Rich (Anyone But..., #1)
  • Park Avenue Player
  • Dirty Letters
  • Merciless (Merciless, #1)
  • A Debt Owed (The Debt Duet, #1)
  • The Count's Challenge
  • Treasure Built of Sand (Palmyrton Estate Sale #5)
  • Versions of Her
  • Un amor difícil
  • Best Laid Plans
  • Ruthless Protector (Lawless Kings, #4)
  • Cruel Boy
  • Dating Mr. Right: A Collection
  • Jealousy & A Jewelled Proposition (Diamonds Down Under, #6)
  • Dr. OB (St. Luke's Docuseries, #1)
  • Just My Type (Hometown Love #2)
  • Penny's Protector (Icehome #10)
Ivy Smoak is the international bestselling author of The Hunted series. When she's not writing, you can find her binge watching too many TV shows, taking long walks, playing outside, and generally refusing to act like an adult. She lives with her husband in Delaware. Learn more about Ivy on:

Amazonhttp://bit.ly/IvySmoakAMZ
Facebookhttp://bit.ly/IvySmoakFacebook
Instagramhttp://bit.ly/IvySmoa

The Hunted (4 books)
  • Temptation (The Hunted, #1)
  • Addiction (The Hunted, #2)
  • Eruption (The Hunted, #3)
  • Devotion (The Hunted, #4)

News & Interviews

Rumaan Alam began writing Leave the World Behind with a series of tweets on a secret Twitter account he started two years ago.   The book that...