Start by marking “The Chef” as Want to Read:
The Chef

The Chef

(Caleb Rooney #1)

The new stand-alone thriller from the World's Bestselling Author
Police detective by day, celebrity food truck chef by night, now Caleb Rooney has a new title: Most Wanted.
In the Carnival days leading up Mardi Gras, Detective Caleb Rooney comes under investigation for a murder he is accused of committing in the line of duty--as a Major Crimes detective for the New Orleans
Published February 18th 2019 by Little, Brown and Company

To ask other readers questions about The Chef, please sign up.
Karen Look for it in Amazon. Kindle version will be among the formats available.

Kathryn
Nov 18, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-in-2018
I did not enjoy this book. The second star I gave for myself just for finishing it. I think this style of story through Facebook Messenger is an interesting idea, but it was the telling of it that I didn’t like. The writing seemed amateur and there were many plots holes that didn’t get filled. Nothing flowed well and it just didn’t grab me. I also didn’t care for the actor in the videos, not a good choice. One of the problems with this type of telling is it may clash with what my mind has conjur ...more
Jacqui
Nov 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Really cool format through FB messenger. Story kept me interested until the last chapter.
Loretta
Dec 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
I read this book through FB Messenger.
I enjoyed this book and the way it was interactive. My only problem with it was that it made reading the book so much slower. The story was great and I can't wait to read the actual book when it finally comes out.
Hristina
Nov 23, 2018 rated it liked it
I liked the idea of reading a book through fb messenger. All the bits and pieces that were thrown throughout the book were really cool. But the actors weren't that believable.
And the story was all right, fun at times, but on the other, I felt like the plot was too rushed or obvious.
All in all, it was a good and easy read.
Carrie
Dec 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
So, I loved it, the fb messager thing is kinda cool, I'm not sure if it was done on purpose cause it seemed like there were no holes (nothing missing) but there was no chapter 29,30 or 31, however I loved it all the same a food truck in New Orleans.
Jill
Dec 21, 2018 rated it liked it
I have to give credit for the innovative nature of formatting this book through Facebook Messenger, but the reading experience in that medium left something to be desired, for me. I enjoyed the story well enough, but it took me a lot longer to get through it than it would if it had been in a more traditional book or ebook format. When I encountered video clips in the story, I would pause at times if I didn't have headphones readily available and didn't want to disturb people around me. My iPhone ...more
Nov 19, 2018 rated it liked it
I read this book on Instant Messenger, it was ok. The story seemed to be missing small pieces. The main plot was fine, I liked the fact that along the way, Patterson added videos, pictures, evidence etc.
In the beginning it was way too slow. Still reading tiny pieces at a time was a bit of a pain. I think if you are not much of a reader and constantly putting down your book it may be ok.
Sena
Nov 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading this book through FB messenger. I liked the mix of videos and audio along with the pictures. I would read another book this way. It went fast and sometimes that's just what I need as a reader.
Michelle
The format is cute. FB messenger with the videos and pieces of evidence you get see. I enjoyed that part about it. The writing, the plot, didn't feel like Paterson. It felt amateurish. But for free who I am to complain.
Tamara
Feb 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Good short story.
Sotteria Wetsch
Dec 09, 2018 rated it liked it
Enjoyed reading this on messenger a lot! The main story was good, but the romance seemed very shallow.
Lynn Shaw
Nov 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Interesting concept...reading it in Messenger. Not sure if I'd do it again though. It was a good read.
Deborah Salas-smith
Nov 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This isn’t just a great read, it’s a great experience. Mixing reading with videos and audio files, James Patterson has done it again. This is a must read.
Rita Nelson
Feb 01, 2019
Erin Downing
Jan 05, 2019
Wanda Madelaine
Nov 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: james-patterson
Very innovative and very entertaining!
Ty
Nov 26, 2018
Gmail.com
rated it it was ok
Feb 07, 2019
Coni Smith
rated it did not like it
Jan 29, 2019
Jan 04, 2019
Mahesh Kumar
Nov 05, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »
James Patterson B...: New Interactive James Patterson Book 3 21 Nov 04, 2018 02:55AM
Official US Site
Official UK Site
JIMMY Patterson Books
ReadKiddoRead

James Patterson is the world’s bestselling author and most trusted storyteller. He has created more enduring fictional characters than any other novelist writing today, with his Alex Cross, Michael Bennett, Women’s Murder Club, Private, NYPD Red, Daniel X, Maximum Ride, and Middle School series. He has sold over 380 million books wo
  • Someone Knows
  • Redemption (Amos Decker, #5)
  • Neon Prey (Lucas Davenport, #29)
  • The Big Kahuna (Fox and O'Hare #6)
  • Connections in Death (In Death, #48)
  • Never Tell (Detective D.D. Warren #10)
  • The Wedding Guest (Alex Delaware, #34)
  • The Last Second (A Brit in the FBI, #6)
  • Layover in Dubai
  • Mission Critical (Gray Man, #8)
  • Unquiet Ghosts
  • The Perfect Alibi
  • 50 Hidden Desires
  • Elusive Promise (Off The Grid: FBI #4)
  • Action (Alex Cross)
  • Crash (Love the Way You Lie, #3)
  • Boys Will Be Boys