Start by marking “Beautiful Beast” as Want to Read:
Beautiful Beast

Beautiful Beast

Dark, sexy…beautiful.

Axis shouldn’t leave his castle. He’s a wolf shifter, and his wolf form…has some problems. But he hates the confinement. Hell, he hates everything about his life.

Until he grabs an excuse to get away from his comfortable prison and meets Layna.

She’s bold. She’s beautiful. And she’s in trouble.

But Axis can’t stay away from his castle for long, so what el
Published August 7th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Beautiful Beast, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beautiful Beast

Karma♥Bites ^.~
♥ Buddy read w/ Sarah + Toni & MrsJ ♥

Finished 17 Aug 2018 (★★★ w/ bump up b/c extremely well-written)
Actual review to be posted here.

————
Rare, but I’m tempted to request ARC simply for the cover ;-)

Also, curiosity piqued re: ‘his wolf form…has some problems’… ???
Buddy read with Karma

I've read quite a few Beauty and the Beast retellings recently - it's always been my favourite fairytale and I can never resist a book that even hints at being a retelling! - but I think this was probably my favourite out of all of them. The thing that first drew me to this book was the stunning original cover so I have to say I'm a little bit disappointed it's been rebranded to something so generic (I probably wouldn't have even looked at the blurb of this book if I'd seen
Kristen Burns
3.5 Stars

Review:
*I received an ecopy of this book via NetGalley. This has not influenced my review.*

I have to admit, this was a little outside my normal preferences when it comes to books, but I could not resist such a gorgeous cover. But sometimes cover reads turns out well, and fortunately, though I did have some issues, I enjoyed a lot of things about this too.

First things first, the writing itself was great. It flowed smoothly enough to make me forget I was reading a book, and the characters
Sally Maxwell
Aug 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Thank you to Weapenry Co-Op. for the arc of this book.
I loved it, couldn’t put it down, forced myself to stay awake to finish it, but I really didn’t want it to end.
A great story, strong characters, some smut, what more could you ask for really!
Kriss
Aug 18, 2018 rated it it was ok
While scoping out author Emma Hamm's facebook, I saw that she had recommended this debut book by Kyla D. Knight. Now, I seem to have some subconscious preference towards Beauty and the Beast retellings because somehow I've read a large number of them. I promise that I don't actively hunt them down I just see them, read the blurb and go "Okay, I'll try it."

What I'll begin with is that this book could have been GREAT. I liked the ideas a lot. In fact, the part about the creatures known as the Chil
Sissy's Romance Book Review
3.5 Stars
Beautiful Beast by Kyla D. Knight is the story of Layna and Axis.
Axis has to control his beast because it can hurt people. Axis grew up abused but has found friends with fellow beast who aren't has bad as him. When he goes to a drug king to buy drugs that keep him more uncontrolled he happens upon Layna. Layna was taken in years ago by the drug king who used her from a young girl to when Layna wised up to him. Now Layna is out to destroy the drug king but is saved by Axis when she is a
Maria Christine
Aug 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Color me surprised.

I mean, I'm not familiar with the author and I believe this is her first book, though I am not sure.

Sure, from the blurb or at first glance you'd say that this is another dark retelling of The Beauty & The Beast, but really, you should never judge the book by it's cover or blurb. Why? This book is more than that. It's more than accepting your faults. It's more than doing something good for others. It goes beyond the usual premise. It's more than romance.

There are so many
Sophie
This book is about strengths.

The main character, Layna, is a former associate of a drug cartel turned vagrant, living in a tiny appartement. The other protagonist, Axis, is a smart and physically powerful man from a wealthy family. Son enough, the two characters meet, are attracted to each other and are pretty much forced by the circumstances to help one another. They leave town for Axis' estate, surrounded by a deep and dangerous forest that has everything to do with Axis' family and its trage
Sophie
2.75 stars.
Review to come.
Kristen
Sep 01, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: ebooks, arcs
as soon as i saw this cover, i requested it. i try very hard not to judge a book by its cover, but sometimes they are just so pretty.... plus, beauty and the beast retelling. sold.

unfortunately this one did not live up to the cover. i love romance, obviously, i read a lot of it. i don't mind sex scenes, obviously, quite like them but there is such a thing as too much. i guess i just wanted a bit more of a build up, a stronger foundation. i never felt any tension or them falling in love.

i wasn't
Colleen
Almost gave this book a miss because of the cover. Reminded me too much like a Harlequin book.

Well written, great storyline (wolf shifters but not the typical read) and hot sex. This book was a long read for me, spanned two days. I like my story gratification at a faster pace but there is not a sentence in this book I would eliminate to achieve that.

Cheers

(Returned make this comment:
Appears this is Kyla D. Knight's only book. Wow, in my opinion, off to a great start and look forward to reading
Vanessa
Aug 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really don't read fantasy romance books as much.....they don't really take my fancy. I've only liked the domineering Phoenix series but I must say, Kyla D. Knight has done justice to this book. the characters are engaging, explicit and trust me you'll be wanting moreeeeeeee. A beautiful story of a hard yearning question... what will you do for love? Kyla honey, I need to read more of your books pleaseeeeeeeeeee
Gemma McLaughlin
Sep 02, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Favourite Quote: “The creature drew back, and moonlight washed over his face as he stared down at her. Those strange, dark eyes softened. Filled with sadness. And it was in that moment that Layna, through the contact of their skin, through the connection of their eyes, sensed his sickness and suffering. There was no logic to any of it, no thought for the reality of her situation or the danger she was in. She felt only a great, yawning sadness.”

*I received a copy of this book in exchange for an h
Debbie
Independent reviewer for Archaeolibrarian, I was gifted my copy of this book.

SO!!! Now I've come down a bit, I *might * be able to write a coherent review! Let's see, shall we?

Axis doesn't like to be confined, but needs must. He just needs a get away for a while, to get something to help him deal. Layna is on a mission to interrupt the supply of that *something* and Axis puts her in terrible danger. So, he saves her the only way he knows how, he takes her home, where the secrets have secrets an
Carlene Michalk
Sep 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Enthralling

When I first heard about this book it was recommended by another beauty and the Beast type author. So I followed suit and bought it shortly after. And, this book was quite the ride!

First of all, I love the cover. It’s absolutely gorgeous and Eye-catching.

Axis is one of those tortured heroes. But, Love does not fix all of his problems only. It was fun venturing with him during this entire story and, watching him develop with Layna.I would’ve loved to see more of his wolf form but, I’m
Jun
Sep 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Special thanks to NetGalley for sending me this ARC

REVIEW: this book is a total cover read, I dont normally go for adult fiction mainly because the sex scenes always got me blushing like crazy 😳😂 but I have to admit this book is just the right amount of hotness and fantasy to keep the story going. Now this book isn't perfect by any means, there are some aspects that got me like... Hm.. Not sure about THAT. but overall it is a good book to read.

I love how at first you get a hint of fantasy eleme
Courtney Green
*ARC from NetGalley for Honest Review*

Star Rating: 2.5(ish) out of 5

Cover? LOVE SO HARD.

This was a recommended read that I’ve seen sponsored on several sights, but my honest reaction was...it’s okay.

I’m a ‘Smut’ reader so that was TOTALLY fine with me! I LOVE that stuff. So that department was good, just...don’t expect a storyline with it LOL

Storyline was an OBVIOUS take on Beauty and the Beast.
Don’t get me wrong that’s my Jam, but don’t make it so apparent, I just didn’t get much... detail? I’m
ClockworkBookworm
Aug 08, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: finished, own, own-ebook
2.5

Trigger warning: severe abuse, depression, suicidal tendencies, drug use and self harm.

This book was tough to read not only due to the subject matters, but anachronistic issues. The clothing, language and atmosphere did not mesh and was often jarringly disrupting.

On a positive note, I did like the support, love and understanding shown.
Naia Pard
Aug 14, 2018 rated it it was ok
I was right! The first half of the book is basically the retelling of The Beauty and The Beast more or less charged with sexual innuendos, but the other part is just plain simple SEX. You won't find anything else in that part except for numerous, one after the other love making scenes. (Which is just fine if you are in the mood for them). Over all the book is exactly what it's description says.
Erato
Sep 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a wonderful surprise. Brilliant world building with a fabulous main couple and great supporting characters

A pretty much perfect, well rounded standalone paranormal romance
Seemone
Sep 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great, unique story

I throughly enjoyed the story and the growth of the main characters from the beginning to the end. A sequel would be great to tie up some loose ends!!
Jordan Blaylock
Aug 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good

It was cute. And it had its intense moments but was a nice light read. Fantasy and romance always make a good combination!
Caroline Rose
Oct 15, 2018
Chocopie
Aug 08, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Kyla D. Knight loves romance of all kinds but has a particular weakness for sexy tortured heroes. They're her catnip. Her peanut butter and chocolate. Her perfect tiramisu.

When she’s not reading or writing romance, she might be found riding her horse or walking her cat. (Hey, it's a thing, all right? Totally normal.)