Start by marking “False Perceptions” as Want to Read:
False Perceptions

False Perceptions

From International Bestseller Michelle Heard, comes a stand-alone, dark and gritty Military Romance.

Conspiracies and lies lead to a secret that was never supposed to be uncovered.

Six months ago we rescued Emilie Swanson, the daughter of retired Navy Admiral George Swanson - now a senator running for the presidency.

Having just returned from a harrowing operation gone wro
Published July 22nd 2018 by MA HEARD

To ask other readers questions about False Perceptions, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about False Perceptions

Dri ✰
Jul 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
★ 4 solid stars!! ★

“My greatest joy has been born from the ashes of my lowest hell.”

Finalmente! Finalmente um livro pra me tirar dessa má fase literária onde NADA chamava a minha atenção.
Esta história era tudo o que eu precisava, tudo o que eu queria e de quebra, matou minha vontade de ler um romance com militar.

Eu adorei a Emilie e Hayden, principalmente a faixa etária dos dois. Ambos marcados pela dor e cada um à sua maneira tentando superar os traumas que viveram... Duas pessoas de mundo
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

MY REVIEW can also be found on my blog:
KITTY KATS CRAZY ABOUT BOOKS

FALSE PERCEPTIONS: Is a full length romance novel by ’Michelle Heard’ Spoken in ‘Multiple Perspectives - briefly’ In this we meet Emilie & Hayden Cole.

This book is full of action, love, romance, death, corruption you name it, every box will be ticked.

The first opening chapter we’re introduced to forty-one year old Emilie with one divorce already under her belt, we witness her shutting the door on another chapter i
Tijuana *Book Twins Reviews*
It's not often that a book sends me over the edge like this one did. I was legit sobbing like a baby at 2am trying to put this book so I could finally sleep. Newsflash....I couldn't put it down. I had to find out what happened next!

It's action-packed, fast paced, and an absolute emotional read. Trust me! All the feels were felt. I laughed. I cried. I threatened to throw my kindle. But most of all, I enjoyed myself!

Was it perfect! Nah, very few things are. I had some ticky issues with transition
Dora Koutsoukou
Jul 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
4,5 💞💞💞💞 🌟❤🌟❤🌟❤🌟s❣❣❣❣

Such a great story!!! So amazing, full of honour, respect, love and faith!!!
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Jul 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved-it
I absolutely love this authors stories. Each story I read I think it's my favourite of hers so far. Then I read another that blows my mind and is my new favourite. False Perception is now my new favourite.

I was so happy to hear that this was going to be a military romance. I love this genre and this was so much more. I inhaled this read. Like seriously how was I meant to put it down. The characters are brilliant , the storyline is gripping. This story deserves five stars plus many more.

I had so
Judy Robichaud
Jul 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
❈* 💞°•❁•° 💞══ 💞══ 💞══ 💞°•❁•° 💞*❈* 💞°•❁•° 💞══ 💞══ 💞══ 💞°•❁•° 💞*❈
FALSE PERCEPTIONS IS JAM PACKED WITH HIGH OCTANE FEELS & ADRENALINE PACKED ACTION. DON’T MISS OUT ON THIS AMAZING 5 STAR READ!
❈* 💞°•❁•° 💞══ 💞══ 💞══ 💞°•❁•° 💞*❈* 💞°•❁•° 💞══ 💞══ 💞══ 💞°•❁•° 💞*❈

I will forever remember this story. This journey between Hayden and Emilie. Two people, two strangers, living normal lives, going about their own business. Never knowing their lives are about to take a full-throttle turn for the worst. A series
Sheena
Jul 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 Star ... an emotional and thrilling romance...

I love stories about courageous men and brave women and False Perceptions has both of these types in plenty..This is a suspenseful, action packed, bittersweet romance with two individuals at its heart who have encountered more than their fair share of hurt...

Emilie is a strong and vibrant heroine..she experiences betrayal as well as physical and mental harm and yet she remains resilient and kick***, regardless...and then there is Hayden a battle ha
Jan
"Hell was the last place I expected to find an angel"

Firstly, I love that this book follows Evie and Rhett's story Shameless and you actually get to see them tie the knot in Hayden and Emilie's story.

False perceptions drew me in from the start, I had complete sympathy for Evie who had a cheating husband, a failed marriage previous to that and a father who was running for the presidency and treated Emilie like dirt, a rubbing rag, a puppet to help him with his campaign.

When Emilie is taken, kid
Bookgasms Book Blog
Jul 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ratula
False Perceptions was another Michelle Heard hit. It was deeply touching and emotional with the perfect amount of grit, realness and a fabulous slow burn romance. I could not get enough of Emilie and Hayden and their story. The hero and heroine were perfect for one another and I could not turn the pages fast enough.

This novel was a tough one as it dealt with very real and terrifying occurrences. Emilie's story was absolutely heartbreaking and yet I could not turn away from it. Her strength was a
Erika PBookHavenBookBlog
Jul 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"I'm falling for this man. Is it the confidence he wears like a second skin? The fierceness in his eyes? The brute strength in his body? Everything about him lures me in."

Kudos to the Author for drawing me in and having me so invested in these characters so quickly that I became a sobbing mess throughout this story. Heart-crushing emotion, the beauty of survival, picking up the pieces, and finding true love when you least expect it, the whole story was a journey that I couldn't put down. The cha
Tongan Book Lover
Wow. I wasn't sure what to expect when I dove in but I loved that this book connected to the author's previous series. This was different than anything I've ever read by this author and I loved it. It was such a beautiful story, full of love, of heartache and grief and self-discovery. It's a book that will show you your worth. My heart cried out in love for the characters and I couldn't read it fast enough. I legit screamed when I turned the page and it was over. Hayden and Emilie's story, despi ...more
Camila Matuella
Aug 26, 2018 rated it liked it
3,5
Finalmente um livro que me prendeu desde o início. Adorei os personagens, achei eles incríveis. A historia em si foi meio óbvia, mas mesmo assim curti bastante.
Anne Milne
Jul 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I saw the cover and I fell in love then I read the synopsis and I knew I needed to read it. I really knew nothing about the story I purposely avoided teasers so I didn't get any clues, I love surprises.

The author has written two very strong very different characters. Hayden the tough Navy Seal and Emilie the politicians daughter both are compelling and they pulled me in wanting to know everything about them. They meet in stressful dangerous circumstances that had me clinging to the edge of my se
Britt Franks Red Hatter Book Blog
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: faves
I don’t even know where to begin with this review. Michelle Heard has been a go to author for me for quite some time now so obviously I love her writing, but False Perceptions has to be hands down the best book she’s written yet! It’s like she unleashed an entirely new depth with a whole new level of talent in this book. Is there a word for being more than blown away? If there is, that’s how I feel after reading this. False Perceptions is powerfully emotional, flawlessly written, and contains an ...more
April Symes
FALSE PERCEPTIONS by Michelle Heard is a military romance that details Emilie and Hayden’s emotionally gripping story. This novel deals with very real and terrifying situations. Emilie is a strong and independent heroine. The things she went thru like betrayal, heartache, heartbreak, along with physical and mental harm and yet still bounce back with this tougher shell, is amazing. Then we have Hayden, who is a battle weary and hardened Navy SEAL just looking for peace from the traumas of the wor ...more
Hanan
Jul 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
There are so many things I love about False Perceptions.
I love that the couple is in there forties.
Love,romance and new beginnings aren’t just for twenty something year olds.
I love that it’s based around Navy Seals.
Men of honor and courage and loyalty to country are the sexiest.
I love that the heroine never showed weakness even when she’s scared to death.
Strong men need strong ladies.
This book has great characters,a pulling storyline and plot.
It’s filled with drama,suspense,love,loss and hope.
It
Shelves: favorites
If your a fan of Michelle Heard then you've already met Hayden. You may not realize it yet. I didnt. He's Evie's Dad, from Shameless. (Haven't read those, start with Heartless). And no, you don't have to read those to follow this. This is a whole NEW series.

When we first meet Emile, her life, well kinda sucks! It doesn't get much better. That is until one super hot Navy Seal comes to her aide. One Mr. Hayden Cole. (Take a moment to swoon)

She's been through allot. Lived an unappreciated life for
Janice Somers
I just was so enthralled with the characters and story line. It was so well written and holds you until you can't put it down. I was surprised, because I thought it was a coincidence, then put two and two together, by the couple from another series, but made the story so special with the addition.
I Loved It. At this point, I'm going to attempt to write a review without giving too much away.
Emile is at the end of her second marriage. Now she has packed everything and is waiting for the movers to
Erica
Jul 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you've read the authors Enemies to Lovers series you may recall Hayden. This is his story.
Generally I can tell within a few chapters just how much I'm going to enjoy a book, this one had me by the end of chapter 2. I fell head first for each and every character from Hayden and Em to Peanut & Jelly, each one full of their own brand of sass that you can't help but smile at.
False Perceptions is a military book, Hayden being a SEAL but that's not the only focus. Em & Hayden's story is one
Pamela Lilley
Jul 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Well, I’ve got to say, it’s refreshing reading a book with a hero in his 40s, it’s a welcome change for a more mature woman like myself to be lusting after someone in a more suitable age bracket (haha). What a hero Hayden Cole is (his name is even Swoonworthy), he’s humble, honest, trustworthy, sexy, and a bad@$$ all rolled into one. Perfect in my eyes. As the dad of Evie from Shameless it’s not my first run in with him and his heroic buddies, it is however, the first time I’ve met poor dejected ...more
Kelly Palmer
Jul 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amazing

It book is truly amazing. Make sure you have a box of tissues ready. This book literally broke me then put me back together again slowly. A fantastic story of heartbreak, betrayal, true love and family. Haydon and Emilie are amazing they made me laugh and cry. I loved seeing a glimpse of the characters from Enemies to Lovers novel series. I now have a serious book hangover. I can't wait for True Perceptions. I honestly can't recommend this book enough. A definite must read!
Reckless Readers
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was the first book by Michelle that I had the pleasure of reading, it defiantly won't be the last that is for sure. I was intrigued to read this after seeing the blurb, that intrigue continued as I was captive to this book. I loved that the couple in the story aren't the traditional. I felt deeply while reading it. I can't wait to see what comes next from this author.

***Reviewed by Codie***
Neringa Neringiukas
Jul 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This story kept me on my toes. And damn, sometimes it just killed me. This story made me all tearful and my heart to crack. This story is so touching your emotions. I can even say a soul? Because for sure it have all the feels. Was I okay at the end? I'm not sure. You can say it ended on a good note, but my heart was still aching and remembering. And maybe that's how it must to be. Moving on, enjoying each day, but remembering.
Elaine
Jul 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you have a love for military men then this book is for you but be warned Hayden Cole will be making your panties wet!!
Hayden Cole was a part of a mission to save Emilie Swanson, the senator's daughter from kidnappers but that's not the end of the story!
For me this story was everything from the beginning to the very end and most of all one of the best story from this author!
Brianne
Aug 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Heartbreaking, and beautifully written story. This is my first book by this author and will not be my last. This tale ripped out all my heartstrings, and somehow mended them by the end of the book. The Navy SEALS don't get enough recognition for how often they lay their lives on the line. Even though this isn't a true story, the brotherhood and the honor in the characters feels very real. Incredibly well written, I'm excited for the next book to come out.
Samantha
Jul 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sssooo good! I loved this book. A new favorite for me. Don’t be fooled though. It is a tear jerker! It may make you ugly cry! Lol. This book literally had a little bit of everything. It kept you hooked and wanting to keep reading. I love Em and Hayden! They were awesome together. I need me a Hayden of my own! Great book with an equally as great ending. Definitely recommend this for a read!
Sue Green
Best book from this author yet! A must read for any Michelle Heard fans. Shares some characters from the Screw Crew books, but is mainly about Hayden (Evie’s Navy Seal Dad) and Emilie and the traumas they both have to face before getting their HEA. Looking forward to Max and Gab’s story.
A received an ARC of this book for an honest review.
Sarah Van acker
Jul 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Get your box of Cleenex ready!!!
You will need it for the emotional ride this amazing story is going to take you on.
A story with downs that will get you so bad and up that makes you so happy.
Can't wait to read more of this
Nova
Aug 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Wow wow and another wow, I wasn’t sure what to expect going in to this book but it was so much more than I expected. I was crying half way through the book and couldn’t stop reading this journey of two bruised souls as they healed each other. It’s a fast paced, emotional and action packed filled story with all you could hope for.

Emilie is a forty one year old woman who has never been treated like the woman she should have been by all the males in her life, her husband has been cheating on her f

• Wyatt (Tainted Ink, #2)
  • Rose (A Force of Nature Fairytale #3)
  • Love, Always
  • Lead Me Home (Fight for Me, #3)
  • Unforgettable Sun (Hale Brothers, #3)
  • Sparrows for Free (Sparrows, #1)
  • Tortured Soul (Mercy's Angels, #3)
  • Coming Home (Wakefield Romance, #2)
  • All I Need (Stay, #2)
Author preciously published as Michelle Horst

Michelle Heard is a Bestselling Romance Author who loves creating stories her readers can get lost in. She might have a slight obsession with alpha heroes who are not afraid to fight for their women.

Want to be up to date with what’s happening in my world? Sign up to receive the latest news on her alpha hero releases, sales, and great giveaways → http://