Start by marking “Cowboy Seal Christmas” as Want to Read:
Cowboy Seal Christmas

Cowboy Seal Christmas

(Navy SEAL Cowboys #3)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  239 ratings  ·  92 reviews
Single mom and Revival Ranch's on-site therapist Monica Finley has dedicated her life to helping brave servicemen and women, but former Navy SEAL Gabe Cortez is the one man whose shell she just can't crack. Yet with the holidays fast approaching, she may finally have a plan. In a bid to get Gabe to open up, she'll ask for as much help as possible-cutting down the Christmas ...more
Audio CD
Published September 4th 2018 by Tantor Audio

To ask other readers questions about Cowboy Seal Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cowboy Seal Christmas

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Cowboy Seal Christmas
Dianne
As rewarding as helping others is, therapist Monica Finleys heart needed help to fight the loneliness she refused to acknowledge. With Christmas fast approaching, Monica will make it her mission to uncover the real former Navy SEAL, Gabe Cortez, who she has decided has too much Grinch in him to let go and feel again.

Gabe Cortez gave up on his long ago fantasies of Christmas love and cheer, but there is something about Monica and her young son that threatens to melt his frozen façade, but will it
♥ WishfulMiss ♥
This was a sweet christmas-y romance, it was warm and cozy to reconnect with Revival and the other couples, especially catching up with Jake and Rose from the previous book. Monica and Gabe's romance was heartwarming and definitely a slow burn with a gradual build up. Their story is a bumpy one and deals with a lot of delicate situations but it's also emotionally gripping and honest.

Monica and Gabe have been circling each other since book one. These two are like oil and water and it was funny to
Anita
Aug 07, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, christmas, arc

For me, romance is a tough genre. I look for a book to take me away and make me believe that true love can conquer all. I want that to be done with a minimum of angst and with a plot that intrigues me. I didn't find that here, although some very real issues were dealt with.

Monica Finley came to Revival Ranch to be the on-site therapist, she also came seeking a new chapter in
Anna's Herding Cats

Reviewed for herding cats & burning soup. (posting 12/10)
Amazon: https://amzn.to/2Kv64jm

Sometimes the ones with the biggest smiles are the ones hiding the most hurt and pain. Cowboy SEAL Christmas tugged at the heart, yall. Whew boy!

The Gist: Gabe is not fond of therapists. That the foundation he's co-building to help military veterans has an on site therapist..irksome to say the least. That she's got a cool kid and is a great mom and is scorching hot...yeah. Color him real annoyed. And,
Beth
Helm emotionally connected the reader, aka me, to her characters. Cowboy SEAL Christmas provided a heart hurting tale that had you routing for that HEA that we all just can't wait to find.

Well paced and engaging, Cowboy SEAL Christmas is one of those Christmas tales that pulls at your heart strings and keeps you hanging on till the last page.

I received this ARC copy of Cowboy SEAL Christmas from SOURCEBOOKS Casablanca. This is my honest and voluntary review. Cowboy SEAL Christmas is set for
Kay (aka) Miss Bates
After nearly a month of reading Hararis 21 Lessons, I sure needed a heavy romance dose. Who better than Nicole Helm to provide an antidote to Hararis intellectual harshness? Why Helm? There are romance writers who love romance and that comes through in their writing, say Mary Balogh, the romance classicist, or the contemporary Lucy Parker. Then, there are romance writers who believe in romance and one of those is Helm. Another is her sister-in-writing, Maisey Yates. Theres a genuine belief in ...more
Erin Lewis
Aug 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 star review of Cowboy SEAL Christmas (Navy SEAL Cowboys #3) by Nicole Helm
Nicole Helm is a new author to me and when I signed up for this book I had no idea that it was the third book in the series.
Not having read the previous books in this series I was a little anxious going in that I would not be able to fully enjoy Cowboy SEAL Christmas. However, this was not the case.
There was romance, angst, heartbreak and issues of trust but throughout it all I was get invested in the story line as it
Jackie
Book Info
Mass Market Paperback, 352 pages
Expected publication: September 4th 2018 by Sourcebooks Casablanca
Original Title Cowboy SEAL Christmas
ISBN 1492641596 (ISBN13: 9781492641599)
Edition Language English

Amazon
B&N

BOOK BLURB

Three former Navy SEALs
Injured in the line of duty
Desperate for a new beginning...
Searching for a place to call their own.

Single mom and Revival Ranch's on-site therapist
Lindap
Oct 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 Stars

This is the last book in the Navy SEAL Cowboys series. Alex, Jack and Gabe were wounded while serving and all were discharged from the Navy. They all move to Alex's farm and began putting together Revival, a place where other wounded soldiers can come and heal. The last 2 books were about Alex and Jack and the women they fell in love with. This book is about Gabe.

Monica moves to Revival with her son, Colin, to become the in-house therapist. She's been able to help Alex and Jack, but Gabe
Christine
Jul 23, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
Even with a Christmas theme, friends getting married, and friends expecting a baby, this story felt very heavy and stifling. Monica and Gabe had so many personal demons and anxieties that I longed for Christmas carols just to lighten the mood. Or a shot of very alcoholic eggnog, just to get me though Gabe and Monica's sniping over her parenting and his disdain for therapy.

As a single mom and therapist, Monica seemed to symbolize every thing Gabe fears. This is a guy who had a glib smile or joke
Maria
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Received an Advance Reader Copy in exchange for a fair review"
I loved this story: the plot, the characters, the writing were really enthralling. Having read the previous stories, I felt a familiarity with all the characters, and I liked them even more.
Gabe is an awesome hero, the most broken psychologically of the three friends.
I loved the way Nicole Helm wrote the hero, as a huge enigma, all obstinate, hard, bitter and suffering, but always showing a façade of indifference and in good spirits.
BookAddict
Aug 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Having read the other two books in this series, it felt like I waited forever to read an early copy of Gabe and Monica's story. The other two books were phenomenal, so I anticipated this story would be amazing, and this author exceeded my expectations! I knew Gabe and Monica's story would be epic, but wow! What really makes this book are the subtleties, nuances and undercurrents, and Helm got it absolutely, perfectly right with these two.

Gabe, Jack and Alex are retired SEALs who go to Alex's
Ines
Nov 05, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cowboy SEAL Christmas is the third part in the Navy SEAL Cowboys series, so I'd recommend to read the previous books before or otherwise you won't understand a lot initially (like what is the Revival Ranch, who's Alex, Bec, Rose... )

First of all, Gabe is a former Navy SEAL (view spoiler)
Marsha Keeper Bookshelf
Reviewed at Keeper Bookshelf

Monica and Gabe have been doing quite a dance around each other in the two earlier books in this series as secondary characters and completely come into their own in Cowboy SEAL Christmas. Both have deep inner strengths and convictions, different but strong nonetheless. Each knows loss and the pain that never quite goes away completely as life moves on once again. And now the magic of Christmas will meet one determined Grinch during a blizzard that will finally allow
Jen
Aug 16, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was the final book in the series and I really wish it had been better than the previous books. It wasn't terrible, just wasn't the best. And it's a Christmas romance, so those are the ones that I really expect to be all hearts and flowers. There was a lot of tension, drama, heartache, hateful words, push-and-pull, etc. We knew all of the guys had their issues, but Gabe was the one to use his charm to present a facade that he was okay. But underneath it all, he was still a broken boy who was ...more
Sophie (slovenianbookworm)
Cowboy SEAL Christmas was a very charming, sweet romance that reminds you what Christmas is all about.

Monica is a caring mother, who is working at a ranch to help other people cope with their fears. Gabe is the one man, who reminded her that in the process of working her job and providing for his son, she forgot how to love again.

At the beginning of the book, I found two mistakes and I hoped this wouldnt be a book full of it. Thankfully, it wasnt and since this is also an ARC, these mistakes
Blodeuedd Finland
I enjoyed the previous two and I was looking forward to reading Gabe's story.

Gabe was the one who was always smiling in previous books, but not really talking a lot about himself. And I get why, poor man. He has some issues that he carries around. And unlike his friends who has PTSD, he has other things on his mind. But I did like him, but oh how he struggled with his feelings.

Monica is a widow. She has a 10 year old who she is afraid to let out of her sights. And she is the one who will work
Ira
Sep 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook
Ohhh, I loved this book! Okay, I loved the other books in this series as well but reading about Gabe, the odd one out, the one who refuses to accept help (oh, well, I know, that's what the others said as well, right?) and who really has a hard time to accept that he is drawn to someone who by her profession represents everything that he hates...I loved it. Monica and Gabe are both amazing characters who are trying to belong, trying to find their place.

This wonderful family-by-choice that opens
patrick Lorelli
The third book in the series and I am sure the last. Has the third Seal Gabe and the therapist Monica going at it. Gabe gets along with her son Collin but is arguing with her about her not wanting to allow him to do anything. So when she asks Gabe aka the Grinch to help them cut a Christmas tree, his terms are allowing Collin to cut the tree. Well Gabe showing Collin the way to do it. She finally agrees. This is the way they continue to go until the two of them become stuck in her cabin while ...more
Amanda Siegrist
Nov 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a fun, cute Christmas story. It had a few oddities I didn't really understand, but overall I enjoyed it!
The Romance Book Disciple (Samantha)

Cowboy SEAL Christmas delivers a blend of things I often enjoy-grumpy ex-military men and Christmas! I thought this would be a holiday novella, but it is a full story! This is the tale of Gabe, an ex-SEAL who has a slew of family issues as well as PTSD, and Monica, the psychologist/single mom who lives on the ranch.

Revival Ranch started in book one with Becca and her ex-stepbrother (one of the SEALs). Now Becca and Alex are getting married and the only single people left on the ranch are Gabe
Avid Reader
Cowboy SEAL Christmas (Navy SEAL Cowboys #3) by Nicole Helm
3 stars
M/F Romance
I was given this book for an honest review by Wicked Reads.

This is Gabe and Monica's story. I have enjoyed each of the stories and was really looking forward to this one.

Monica is the therapist on the ranch. She moved with her young son and now is hoping to help other soldiers with their traumas. She has been successful at helping two of the three initial men, but Gabe is kind of an enigma for her. Figuring him out is
Donna Repsher
I was really looking forward to this third novel in Nicole Helm's Navy SEAL Cowboys series, especially since I read, reviewed and gave the first and second novels in the series 4.5 and 5 star ratings, respectively, but, while I couldn't put it down until I finished reading it at 4:30 a.m. today, I felt that it was my least favorite novel in the series for a couple of reasons, and while it's as well-written and emotional as the previous novels, I can only give it 3.5 stars.

If this is your first
Cheri
Sep 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle, netgalley, arc
To be honest, I really wasnt prepared to love Gabe so much. Dont get me wrong, I really liked him in the other stories in this series. But I fell in love with him, and I fell hard. That man had me frustrated, angry, sad, and I shed far too many tears in the reading of this book.

Before I get too much further I should say, I dont feel you have to read the other books to fully engage with this one. This ragtag group of former Navy SEALs and strong women and odd animals is such a joy, I dont know
Carma
Jun 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-kindle
Becky
Sep 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reviewed on my blog, Becky on Books, on 9/23/18.

Ms. Helm clearly saved the best for last--I loved Monica and Gabe's story! The previous two books (this could be read as a standalone, but do yourself a favor and read all three) teased a Monica-and-Gabe pairing, but even so I didn't suspect the awesomeness that was in store for us :)

Gabe's been hiding all kinds of issues behind his smiles and easygoing charm, and though those closest to him suspect that there's something there, it's Monica, the
Karen
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cowboy SEAL Christmas, written by Nicole Helm, is the third book in the Navy SEAL Cowboys series. This book can be read as a stand-alone, however, I strongly recommend reading the previous novels in the series.. The series is about three former Navy SEALs, all trying to get their lives back on track after leaving the SEALs. Alex, Jack and Gabe now live in Montana, and have opened the Revival Ranch to help other soldiers in need of healing.

Gabe Cortez is not a fan of Christmas. He has long given
Sandy Kelly
Sep 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the 3rd book in the Navy Seal Cowboys series and I would recommend reading the first 2 books before you read this one otherwise you may be confused about the main character's relationship with the other characters and what leads up to this book. This one is about Gabe Cortez and Monica Finley. Monica is the therapist that Revival Ranch hired to not only help the veteran's they take in but to also help the owner's get past their own PTSD. She has tried to start some sort of conversation ...more
Lisa
Okay so this isn't your typical light and fluffy Christmas read but I wouldn't have it any other way.

So. I didn't expect Gabe to be this broody but I also wasn't surprised. As the books progressed, I noticed Gabe getting surlier and surlier in the background, almost as if he retreated more and more into himself as his best friends got better mentally and found love. It was painful to read because Gabe started off this series as quite the fun guy, but at the start of his book he was someone else.
Jasmyn
I had not previously read any books in the Navy SEAL Cowboy series, but I think I may need to go pick them up ASAP. The men and women of Revival Ranch are a close-knit group of friends that have become family. But Gabe Cortez holds himself apart emotionally. He has never really let anyone get close, and he doesn't plan on letting the first one to do so be the ranch's therapist Monica Finley.

Monica and Gabe's relationship was incredibly emotional. Both had to let go of things in their past in
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Play Book Tag: Cowboy SEAL Christmas by Nicole Helm -- 3 stars 18 15 Dec 09, 2018 08:20AM

• A Tall, Dark Cowboy Christmas (Gold Valley, #4)
  • Rocky Mountain Cowboy Christmas (Rocky Mountain Cowboys #1)
  • Want Me, Cowboy (Copper Ridge: Desire, #5)
  • A True Cowboy Christmas (Cold River Ranch, #1)
  • Good Time Cowboy (Gold Valley, #3)
  • One More Moment (Band on the Run, #3)
  • Cowboy Christmas Redemption (Gold Valley, #8)
  • Unbroken Cowboy (Gold Valley, #5)
  • Cowboy Honor (Longhorn Canyon #2)
  • Through the Fire (Rocky Mountain K9 Unit, #4)
  • Cowboy Christmas Jubilee (Holiday, Texas #2)
  • Tempted by Love (Montana Heat, #3)
  • Cowboy, Cross My Heart
  • Hard Riding Cowboy (Gold Valley, #2.5)
  • Cowboy to the Core (Gold Valley, #6)
  • Lone Wolf Cowboy (Gold Valley, #7)
  • Do or Die Cowboy (Dark Horse Cowboys, #1)
  • One Perfect Kiss (Hope, #8)
Nicole Helm is the bestselling author of down-to-earth contemporary romance and fast-paced romantic suspense. From farmers to cowboys, midwest to the west, she writes stories about people finding themselves and finding love in the process.

She lives with her husband and two young sons in Missouri enjoying Cardinals baseball and dreams about someday owning a barn.

You can contact her via email:

Navy SEAL Cowboys (3 books)
  • Cowboy SEAL Homecoming (Navy SEAL Cowboys, #1)
  • Cowboy SEAL Redemption (Navy SEAL Cowboys, #2)

News & Interviews