Start by marking “When to Call a Cowboy (Dark Horse Cowboys, #3)” as Want to Read:
When to Call a Cowboy (Dark Horse Cowboys, #3)

When to Call a Cowboy

(Dark Horse Cowboys #3)

Rekindling old flames can be dangerous...

Beau Garrett may look rough around the edges, but under that exterior beats a heart of gold--a heart that was broken when his high school sweetheart disappeared days before graduation. Years have passed, but Beau's never forgotten the fiery-haired girl who left him high and dry.

Dixie Moore has her reasons for being angry with Beau.
Mass Market Paperback, 1st edition, 352 pages
Published April 30th 2019 by Sourcebooks Casablanca

To ask other readers questions about When to Call a Cowboy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about When to Call a Cowboy

Avid Reader
Apr 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When to Call a Cowboy (Dark Horse Cowboys #3) by June Faver
4 stars
M/F Second Chance Romance
Triggers: Human Trafficking, Murder, Attempted Murder
I was given this book for an honest review by Wicked Reads.

Beau has an amazing family and community. When there is a murder in their small town, the last thing he thought would happen is that he finds Dixie, his first and only love, and how much that impacts his feelings.

Dixie hates her small town. She moved away and never wanted to look back. But, whe
Heather 123
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was ok
This is the second book in the series that I have read and unfortunately it's also the second book in the series that I didn't care for. I think this is probably the end of the road for me with this series/author.

On the plus side, unlike the other book I actually finished this one. But I had similar issues. I didn't feel a strong connection to the characters. I wish the author spent more time on their history together or even how they both suffered when they were apart. I felt Beau was all too q
Hannah
May 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
ARC REVIEW

Dark Horse Cowboys #3, Beau Garrett's story the last of the Garrett boys gets reunited with his first and only love Dixie Moore. I think those of us who have read this can all agree Dixie was a fucking idiot as a teenager. Instead of going to her Father herself and getting his side she automatically believes her mother and thinks the worst of her father, Beau, and his family. Now almost five years later she's back to take care of thing after her father's murder, his will stipulates sh
Margie
Apr 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dixie Moore is back in Langston, Texas after disappearing six years ago shortly before her high school graduation. She is only back to handle funeral arrangements for her father who had been gunned down outside the feed store he owned. She was hoping she wouldn't run into Beau Garrett who she had dated in high school. No such luck! What a jerk! How could he be so cruel and abandon her just when she needed him most?

Beau Garrett was not all that surprised to see Dixie in town. After all her father
Linda Rea
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When Dixie has to come back to this backwards town she thought she would never have to see it again after how they treated her, especially Beau Garrett the love of her life. Dixie just wants to get in and out right after the will is read she can go back to Dallas, but she brought her friend Scott along to make it easier.
Beau can’t believe who he is seeing can Dixie possibly be back after all these years? Dixie is avoiding him and he doesn’t know why after all she is the one who left with her mo
Lori
Mar 30, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received an advanced copy of this book from NetGalley and the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

When I saw that the book had been labeled in the “Suspense” genre, I was a little skeptical. It was not as suspenseful as I thought it would be and for that I was thankful. I enjoyed parts of this book but I felt that it had lots of loose ends and skipped around a lot.
Marsha Spohn
Reviewed at Keeper Bookshelf

WHEN TO CALL A COWBOY is a story that while I enjoyed parts of it, I was divided about other parts. And I really can’t explain why because that would mean spoilers – and I don’t willingly do spoilers. Although I will say I was firmly on Beau’s side on this one – Dixie, well, I never warmed up to her and will have to be content that the hero loves her to pieces in spite of her actions.

Beau and Dixie’s story is full of danger, deceit, misunderstandings, and murder. Ther
Sharon Grow
Apr 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Dixie Moore receives notification that her, father who lives in Langston, has been murdered. She has not seen her father in many years since her mother said that he had asked them to leave. When she visits his lawyer to settle the estate, she finds out that her father left her his entire estate, as long as she resides in town for one year. If she does not, his friend Big Jim Garrett inherits. She does not want to return to her town as her young lover, Beau Garrett, still lives in town. She was t ...more
Samantha
This was another cowboy second chance romance and all in all it was okay. Dixie left with her mother when she was senior. That was a years ago and now she has to come home to manage her fathers estate. The problem? She is so angry with her father and ex that she can’t get out of their fast enough.

Beau lost the love of his life when Dixie left without a word. She’s back and he loves her just as much now as he did then. The problem? Something went wrong and really neither side has the whole story
Once Upon
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Debbie Caswell
Apr 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dixie Moore hated her small town and the people in it she never understood why Beau Garrett and his family turned on her family the way thy did. She has had to return to settle her fathers affairs after he is gunned down in front of his feed store Beau never understood why Dixie went so cold on him and why she left ton so suddenly. As they come in one another company again they find the attraction between them is still intense and as they ty to solve her fathers murder things come to light that ...more
Denise Van plew
May 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
I like a people story such as this one that you can sink your teeth into. I also have not read this author before now so she was a good discovery. This also could be said to be a second chance one even though turmoil does come with that. Beau and Dixie carry you through this one as you escape into their world. Also ate up the mystery that seeps in and penetrates this one. I also discovered this author can keep me captivated with a story that keeps me hanging on and at the edge sometimes. Great r ...more
Karen Roma
Apr 04, 2019 rated it it was ok
2 1/2 star review.....

I have struggled at times with the Dark Horse Cowboys series, yet committed to continue it up till now. So, while I liked the characters well enough and the storyline wasn’t bad, I did feel there were holes in the plot and that “something’s missing” niggle remained with me throughout the book. And while this story was labelled suspense, it definitely was not. But overall that really didn’t bother me; ultimately it was the loose ends and my lack of enthusiasm to even finish
Charles L.
May 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another winner from June Faver

June has written another delicious read in her Dark Horse Cowboys series. I was immediately drawn in by angry heroine Dixie and baffled hero Beau, who doesn't know Dixie 's secret. They are both likeable and interesting and I found myself rooting for both. The subplot deals with a timely subject and I was smiling big when these two earned their happy ever after!

Shirley Linn
Apr 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is great addition to the series. I have read all 3 of the books and I loved all of them. This is Beau and Dixie's story. They were both endearing characters. I loved catching up with the characters from the previous books. This book pulled me in from the first page. It had a seamless, suspenseful storyline that kept me turning the pages to see what was going to happen next. I can't wait to read the next book. I would definitely recommend this book and this series.
Suzette
May 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An exciting cowboy romp. The story starts out with a knockout drag down fight. It ends with a beautiful wedding. The author paints a great picture of the joy of family and how it can bring joy into your life. The characters are wonderfully delightful. Little Ava is a peach! It is a wonderfully fun read that you will thoroughly enjoy.
Deanna Stevens
May 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Second Chance Romance which normally I enjoy, but have to admit there was just something about the heroine that rubbed me the wrong way! I have read other books of June Faver's and have enjoyed them immensely. I will read others by this author, but just have to say this book was not my cup of tea!

I received an advance copy from the publisher via NetGalley for my open and honest review.
Ramona
Apr 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
June Faver brings this tragic to heartwarming tale of Beau Garrett and Dixie Moore - When she returns after the death of her father, Dixie and Beau learn the truth about a lot of things. There is even some suspense in this book.
Theresa Hurley
May 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed this one with Beau and Dixie!
Mags
When to Call a Cowboy was another enjoyable story by June Faver. As it had mystery, a second chance romance, and likable characters. Not to mention lies and deceit. And I would happily recommend it to others.

**I was kindly provided with an ARC via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review**
Janet
May 09, 2019 rated it liked it
I was expecting a bit more suspense from this book based on the categorization of the series. When To Call A Cowboy was an enjoyable afternoon's read. I really appreciated the author's ability to make me care about a character (the heroine) I actively disliked. I hadnt read the other books in the series, but WtCaC seemed to stand alone with no issues. I think the series sounds good, based on this read.
I received my copy through NetGalley under no obligation.
Michelle Foster Chenoweth
May 02, 2019
B.
Apr 16, 2019 rated it liked it
This novel was ruined for me by how irritatingly dumb the heroine is. The background is that Dixie and Beau were teenage lovers who were planning to get married. She loved her father and the little town they lived in. Suddenly, her mother whisks her away to Dallas and tells her that her father is disgusted and doesn’t want to see her ever again. She is pregnant and her mother tells her that Beau doesn’t want anything to do with her and his family is disgusted. So Dixie never questions any of thi ...more
Sheena
Feb 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley, dropped

Rating: ★★✬☆☆ (2.5/5 Stars)
Title: When to Call a Cowboy
POV: Third Person
Smexy Level:
Favorite Quote(s): N/A
Overall Opinion:
Not sure if it was the writing style, flow of the story or direction it was going but I could no longer find the drive to complete June Faver “When to Call a Cowboy”. It just lacked the little something something
Becky
rated it it was ok
May 13, 2019
Kim Vanravenswaay
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ugh, I just wanted to shake Dixie's mom. I have a mother just like this. A lot happens in, When to Call a Cowboy. It really made it hard to put the book down.
WycEd Reader
Check out our When to Call a Cowboy Blog Tour post on Wicked Reads.

Reviews by the Wicked Reads Review Team

Avid Reader – ☆☆☆☆
M/F Second Chance Romance
Triggers: Human Trafficking, Murder, Attempted Murder

Dixie hates her small town. She moved away and never wanted to look back. But whe
Susan
Feb 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
WHEN TO CALL A COWBOY by June Faber is a heartwarming story, with a bit of suspense! A second chance romance filled with miscommunication and deceit. A couple torn apart by lies and distance. Reunited after five years they discover what really happened. They try to solve a murder, a shooting and a child sex slave ring! Lots of action and danger in this story!
Deb
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this cover!!!,Ms.Faver is an automatic 1-click for me,no need to read the blurb just looking at that cover and title and you have me hooked line and sinker.Loved the storyline,kept me up all night reading 📚.
Beth Lindsay
Feb 15, 2019

Dark Horse Cowboys (3 books)
  • Do or Die Cowboy (Dark Horse Cowboys, #1)
  • Hot Target Cowboy