Start by marking “Emma and the Reasons (Women of Promise Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Emma and the Reasons (Women of Promise Book 1)

Emma and the Reasons (Women of Promise Book 1)

There are three things you should know about Emma Cohen.

1. Shes single and has been for a very long time.
2. There are reasons why shes chosen to live quietly in her hometown without pursuing marriage in any way.
3. She has two roommates who are also single with reasons of their own.

Which, of course, is why their married friends gave them the nickname the Reasons.

But
Published September 1st 2018

To ask other readers questions about Emma and the Reasons, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Emma and the Reasons

Start your review of Emma and the Reasons (Women of Promise Book 1)
Olivia
You have every reason to read this.

It's a fun, witty, convicting, life changing, unique, sweet story that no one should pass!! Even if you don't like "romance" stories, this one is a MUST.

This book is endearing to me in many ways. Reading Emma and the Reasons journey grew dear to my heart. Every lesson along the way was like reading my own life...the struggles and the reality that God is SO much greater than we are. I had tears as I read this, and that doesn't happen often with a contemporary
Age Appropriate For: 15 and up for romance and some discussion of severe child abuse
Best for Ages: 18 and up

Excuse me while I gush about this book.

Wow! Wow! Wow! When I said I wanted some books about singles, this is what I was talking about! This is not about pathetic, sniffling single girls. Nor is this about man-hating, women-can-do-it-better-alone girls. This story is about three girls pursuing godly singleness. Not all of them are married/in-relationships in the end.

I read the prequel, so I
Rachelle Cobb
Aug 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I wish I had been able to read this book back when I was single.

Then (and now!) I devoured love stories left and right. There is just something about a love story, isn't there? I can't get enough.

If you're also a love story aficionado, allow me to introduce you to one of the best love stories I've read all year---and the heroine who is nothing like you might expect.

"It all began when I was three. At least, thats the story my mom used to tell me." - Emma, Page One

But first let me introduce the
Brianna Siegrist
Aug 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you have ever started to read a happy, fun story but been disappointed by the shallow faith of the characters, THIS BOOK IS FOR YOU.
The plotline is romance and friendship, but the heart of the story is learning to trust the Lord and follow him with abandon. :-)
Super fun and hopefully the beginning of a long, long series. ;-)
Mavi
Oct 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!

This book touched my heart. I can relate to Emma and the Reasons. Its kind of where I am in my life and as I discover my reason. I love how each character in the story has a relationship with Jesus deepens as they face their shortcomings and fears. I love that the book was very relatable to things that happen in todays age. I also found it also to be humorous as the characters interacted with the married folks.

I think what blessed me the most about this book was that there was such a
Naomi Brignola-van calster
Aug 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
I ate this book up like chocolate.

It reminded me a lot of Chautona Havig's books. (Who, in my humble opinion, is the best author in her genre) So...it was really good.

It reads like a light fluffy read and yet it totally isn't. It surprised me and encouraged me and inspired me and made me laugh and I was very sorry to say goodbye to Emma once I had to admit to myself that I had, once again, read a book too fast. It's my own fault that I had to say goodbye too soon.

I am a big fan of Natasha
Ronda Daniels
Aug 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I finished the book last night and cannot recommend it enough. It was such a great read. It is not your typical Christian romance but so much more. Natasha is a wonderful story teller and her characters are easy to relate to.
Krista
Aug 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading this book...started it on Friday night and finished it on Saturday night. Had me in tears from the start and I cried the whole way through. I could feel everyone's emotions! I did not see the ending coming. Natasha does a great job at keeping you guessing the whole way through. I am looking forward to the next book!
Nicole Olmstead
Jun 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow.

I just finished this book, and I have to say I LOVE it. It's funny, witty, and has so much knowledge. Definitely one of my favorite books! A must read!
Gretchen Louise
Jan 02, 2020
Dana Morton
Mar 09, 2020
Natasha
Aug 10, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Angieleigh
Mikayla
Jan 09, 2019
melanie kuntzman
Feb 07, 2019

• Daddy-Long-Legs (Daddy-Long-Legs, #1)
  • Finding Lady Enderly
  • All for One (The Four Lindas, #3)
  • The Shepherd's Castle (Sir Gibbie, #2)
  • Sir Gibbie (Sir Gibbie, #1)
  • As Long As I Live
  • Johnny Tremain
  • Reading People: How Seeing the World through the Lens of Personality Changes Everything
  • Princess Academy (Princess Academy, #1)
  • Memories of Glass
  • The Regatta Mystery and Other Stories (Hercule Poirot, #21)
  • Cunning Workmen
  • The Castle of Adventure (Adventure, #2)
  • The Kite Fighters
  • A Single Shard
  • Enthusiasm
  • The Royal Ranger: A New Beginning (The Royal Ranger, #1)
  • Christmas Stalkings
Natasha Metzler doesnt have a whole list of credentials to tell you about, but she does have the incredible story of how God met her in the midst of her greatest sorrows and brought redemption.

She lives on a farm in Northern New York with her husband and two miracle-children. She struggles to keep her house clean, is terrible at being on time to anything, and is sometimes an emotional messbut,