Start by marking “Splatter” as Want to Read:

Splatter

Splatter, is a colorful, unique story about teamwork and perseverance. The characters, in their quest to create the perfect piece of art, learn the importance of not giving up despite some challenging obstacles. In the end, they become closer friends because they discover some new things along the way.

Published July 7th 2018 by Diane Alber Art LLC

To ask other readers questions about Splatter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Splatter

Holly Letson
This is a wonderful story about working together to create something wonderful.
Kimberly
Jul 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amazing things happen when you work together!

Red, Blue and Yellow are just three primary colors who like doing their own thing! Each color is comfortable and satisfied in their own colorful world! But what happens when three forces come together? Creativity, beauty, and wonder! Red, Blue, and Yellow discover that while yes, they were special on their own they can be amazing when they come together as one! This is not only a fun book to read, it is also a great book to introduce primary and secon
Stephanie Jones
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fun to read for both kids and adults and awesome message

I love books that have great messages without being preachy. This book was so much fun to read. I love the exercises at the end to help reinforce comprehension and create diagolue. The illustrations were amazing and so much fun. Now I want to go do some painting with my little one. I read the eBook but had to order the physical hardback. I collect books and this will be a great addition to our shelves along with the author's other book, I'm
Karyn Marie
Such a cute story!

As an art teacher I'm always looking for new books to add to my classroom. I love that this story covers not just art (with the primary and secondary colors) but also the concept of working together, something our students seem to struggle with (learning how to get along and share ideas). I also really enjoyed the rhyming too, the flow of it almost reminded me of Dr. Seuss.
Rylee Kochersperger
Art teacher s dream

This is a simple yet adorable book that teaches primary colors and color mixing. I can’t wait to read this to my students and do a project based on these little splatters. I know my kids will be engaged with this story and they will be learning at the same time!!! This art teacher thanks you!!
Monica Cruz
Quick fun and catchy

I ABSOLUTELY LOVED it!! The rhyming, the illustrations everything is cute and engaging. Lots of rhyming words so on top of teaching teamwork, colors, etc you can also have students pick our the rhyming pair. Will definitely order a physical cover for my personal library
Stacie Ebnet Dietz
Jul 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Teamwork Theme!

Splatter was a hit with my 6 year old! He loved helping read the rhyming words and enjoyed the beautiful artwork! The lessons in working as a team and creating artwork together was fantastic. He promptly wanted to paint splatters just like this book! Highly recommend and can’t wait to read it to my third graders next!
Sergio
Jul 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Awesome illustrations

Great book about teamwork! Easy book to show what primary colors make and easy to transition into an art activity . I would recommend for teachers and parents.
Hagop Kaneboughazian
Jul 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Very cute book for young artists

The illustrations and characters are great. They really have a lot of personality. The story is cute and really shows how teamwork can make something beautiful.
April Davis
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love how complex it was in its simplicity

I love that the characters learned to work together and the subtle teaching that takes place. I also love the list at the end that spells out how to have a discussion about the book.
Miranda
Jul 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Splatter

This book is very cute. I love the way teamwork was incorporated. I would love to use this to talk about working in groups and helping each other. I had to turn my screen to sideways for the kindle version to view the book properly.
Julie Campbell Sohm
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lessons in teamwork and art

Great lessons for kids in working together! I particularly liked the steps at the end to encourage conversations about working together as well as art. Awesome job!
Teresa Martens
Love it!!

I loved the book. It is so creative and sends a great message. I would recommend it for young children.
Laura Heath
Jul 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great message

A nice way to use colour mixing to show the importance of teamwork. One in a series of stories. Great.
Stacey Reid
Joy filled learning!

What a great book! This will be great for young artist and young friends! I love the teaching questions at the end of the book as well.
Jennifer DeMent
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
We really enjoyed this

It describes how team work can be difficult, but is rewarding. It’s a wonderful book for kids and also incorporates color mixing.
K Hilmen
Jul 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Adorable!

A wonderful new book on color mixing! Perfect way to start out the new school year with my littles. Can’t wait to share it with them.
Anabel Weeks
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So cute and fun to read!

A wonderful introduction for kids on coloring mixing. I am looking forward to reading this to my students! There’s many ways to tie this book into art lessons.
Amanda
Oct 31, 2018
Caryn Asherson
Jul 27, 2018
Mary S
rated it did not like it
Feb 26, 2019