Start by marking “A Little Bit like Desire (South Haven, #2)” as Want to Read:
A Little Bit like Desire (South Haven, #2)

A Little Bit like Desire

(South Haven #2)

4.31  ·  Rating details ·  973 Ratings  ·  215 Reviews
What if you had everything in the world you wanted...except the man you never knew you needed?

Shaw Jennings, the seductive, enigmatic owner of Body Electric Tattoo works hard and plays even harder. He’s built a life he’s proud of, and though that doesn’t include a significant other, he’s got plenty of sexy men to keep his bed warm at night. None of them have ever made Sha
Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 237 pages
Published July 22nd 2018 by Brooke Blaine

To ask other readers questions about A Little Bit like Desire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Little Bit like Desire

Sabrina
Jul 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
NOW LIVE!
Amazon US * Amazon UK

A Little Bit Like Desire is hands down one of my favorite MM books I've ever read. My apologies to Jackson and Lucas, but I even liked it more than A Little Bit Like Love. Shaw and Trent were on fire this entire book and it was just amazing. Their sexual tension almost drove me absolutely insane, but in the best way.

Their story was electric with the heat, the romance, the gripping tension between them. There wasn't a ton of angst or drama thrown in which I found re
Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth

READ MY REVIEW ON THE BLOG

TEASER COURTESY OF THE AUTHOR

Ahhh bliss. This book. THIS BOOK. Brooke Blaine is one of those authors who remind me why I love MM romance.

If you have read A Little Bit Like Love you will definitely feel the difference: While that one was on the angstier side A Little Bit Like Desire is completely drama-free - and I'm not complaining. Shaw's and Trent's story is lovely and sexy.

Both of them are pretty easy-going and laid-back. They communicate, especially Shaw has a gif
Simone
Sep 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
***4 - 4.5 Stars***
Mmm. That Trent fucking Knox was a little bit like desire personified. And even better - he was mine, all mine.

What should have remained an anonymous hookup starting out in a dark room, turns for two men into a desire none of them needed, much less wanted.

Shaw Jennings, tattoo-artist and owner of his own shop, is as adventurous as they come when it comes to sexual encounters. On one condition, though. Casual, no-strings-attached and one-time only. So what is it about
Cadiva
Jul 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The rock star and the tattoo artist trope gets the Brooke Blaine treatment in this delightful second instalment in the South Haven series.

I absolutely loved this one, no angst, no drama, just a great romance with two people who connected with each other on an emotionally satisfying level and who had chemistry enough to burn the pages.

The whole story really just is a pleasure to read as Bash does a wee bit of secret match making to put two guys who are polar opposites on the surface in each other
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
~3.5~

A tattoo artist and rock star meet in the dark. They don't kiss and tell, but the attraction is real.

Trent, having quit as lead singer of a very successful band, is lost. He hasn't written a song in months and feels adrift. Meeting Shaw shakes something loose within him.

Shaw has a great group of friends and owns a reputable tattoo parlor. He's satisfied with his life. But being with Trent makes him yearn for more.

Expect oodles of UST but not a whole lot of steam. Trent and Shaw talk more th
Christelle
Looking for a light, fun and sexy MM contemporary romance, with no conflict nor dramalala, just two nice and easy-going guys meeting, spending time together and realizing they want more and naturally going for it ? Then, this is it.
Part of the South Haven series, I guess this is a stand-alone. Still, there are appearances of the previous MCs and it’s nice to see this bunch of friends.

Shaw’s life is good : he owns a tattoo shop with success, has a band of good friends, and enough hooks-up to be
Jan
Sep 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtq
3.75 Stars
Sanaa  ☆ Sanaa's Book Blog ☆
3.5 stars.

I enjoy Brook Blaine's books a lot and it pains me to say this but this is probably my least favorite from her. And that just sucks because Shaw's book was one of my most anticipated books.

The reason is that I had a hard time connecting to the characters. And I was hoping that we saw more of a development as a couple between Shaw and Trent. Otherwise the chemistry was hot and of course, I loved all the characters. And I really would love a book for Bash.

"I've never done this bef
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

We remember tattoo artist Shaw from the first book. He's best friends with the Lucas and Bash.

And he's a happily single serial dater. He never really had a boyfriend. He loves his life and as long as no one looks like a forever kind of guy he can keep on living the way he's always lived.

And then this guy arrives on the island. A guy he has some kind of one-night stand with. But it's not really a gay guy. And he's also kind of a rock star hiding on the island while finding out what to do with his
Elsa Bravante
Aug 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: college, ku, m-m
Un tatuador y una estrella de rock, pero muy poco angst, y muy poca chicha. Es una historia fácil, ligera, pero nada más. Para pasar un buen rato y olvidar al día siguiente. Siempre digo lo mismo, pero me voy a repetir, esto no es nada malo, muchos leemos para pasar un buen rato y apreciamos que existan este tipo de libros que permitan evadirnos.
Una pareja muy sexy, unas cuantas frases muy monas, y ahí tienes tu libro. Seguiré con la serie seguro.
Malene
Jul 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: part-of-a-series
It was so good to be back in South Haven and with all the boys. A Little Bit Like Desire was fabulous. Shaw and Trent has amazing chemistry and the build up to them finally caving in to one another was absolutely delicious. Their first meeting definitely proved that their connection is on another level. They’re very comfortable together doing very mundane things which only made me enjoy their growing friendship and I was just waiting for them to give in cause they both wanted one another. Big ti ...more
chandler ainsley ❁
lacking everything i loved about the first book

and by that i mean the angst. to me the ingredients for a successful romance are buckets of angst, a rocky history, maybe some enemies to lovers action. and this had nooooone of that.

it was more fuck-in-a-dark-room and find out later that it's a hot guy from a band you love, sort of story. not quite insta love, but definitely low on the angst. i mean there was nothing keeping the two of them apart either it was... lackluster.

and then to top all of t
Aki | nose buried in books | ❤️ |
4.5 ⭐
Rounded up because usually I don't like books with mcs in the showbitz, but this one worked really well for me.
I liked the plot, the steamy scenes, the characters and their relationship development (they talk a lot! There's more talk than steam and it works just fine). I also loved that there were the characters from the previous book 😊
Can't wait to read Bash's story! 😍
Marjorie  W.
Jul 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
4.5 SRARS

GAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

SHAW AND TRENT!

MY HEART!

I expected to enjoy A Little Bit Like Desire because so far I've enjoyed every Brooke Blaine book I've had the pleasure of reading BUT DAMN I DID NOT EXPECT TO ENJOY IT THIS MUCH!

I literally flew through this book, devoured every word, threw my panties to the wind for Trent and Shaw like a cat in heat, giggled and smiled like a darn love-sick teenager; I did it all and it was GREAT!

This is definitely one of those "read it in one sitting" book. Y
haletostilinski
I absolutely loved this! I couldn't put it down last night until like 3AM, it was so good.

I loved Trent and Shaw's chemistry so much, from their first meeting in that dark room. They perhaps fell a little too quickly, but their connection was so great and intense that I didn't mind.

I thought the fact that they were just strangers and didn't know what the other looked like in their "dark room" encounter and when Shaw finds out, that it would be this whole source of drama, but thankfully this bo
Bookreader87(Amanda)
Aug 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, rockstars

Shaw Jennings: A playboy tattoo artist who is used to having a new man in his bed every night

Trent "Fucking" Knox: A former lead singer of the band TBD who is lost and looking for himself

Trent comes to South Haven to try and rediscover himself and his love for music. Along the way he meets Shaw who soon becomes his muse

The more time they spend together the more sparks seem to fly

This story was a sweet read with no angst.

*Sidenote: I really look forward to Bash's story. Let's be real, h
.Lili.
Jul 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, bisexual
Some things were too cliche (i.e., the band members nicknames, their style of dress) and I have to admit it bothered me enough to point out. Also, there was more telling than showing. The relationship development felt off. Overall, I enjoyed it though, just wasn't a slamdunk.

-Rockstar and tattoo artist
-Feel good vibe.

3.5 Stars
3.5 Stars
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

font_rend_2

A Little Bit Like Desire by Brooke Blaine is one hell of whirlwind romance that takes your breath away. Can two characters right away give you the feels right from the start? And the answer to that is big fat YES in shouty caps!!! Shaw and Trent’s connection and chemistry was the big driving factor as to why I fell in love with this book hard. With Blaine’s sensual prose, she created a romance that was intense, erotic, passionate and absolu
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

Rock star romances are my crack so getting a steamy, sexy gay romance with both a rock star hero and a tattoo artist hero had my head spinning around and Brooke Blaine did not disappoint. I LOVED the way these two experienced each other for the first time, the way they are so completely comfortable together from the start, the way they both kind of dive in head first and can’t believe how the other one makes them feel, and the easy way they make it work. If you are looking for tons of a
Kim
Jul 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars
One hot, mysterious, secret, sensual encounter.
One lost, struggling, charismatic rock star.
One big, burly, tatted, sexy, sharp-dressed man.
Serious sexual tension. Earth shattering kisses.

Trent Knox has ended up in South Haven for a break. He left his band. He is trying to find inspiration and purpose. And he had no clue that he would find it in the most unlikely of circumstances.

Shaw Jennings owns a tattoo shop and he is a playboy that keeps men at arm's length. He's always just been about a go
Liber_Lady
Jul 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
*** ARC GENEROUSLY PROVIDED BY THE AUTHOR ***

Let me start by saying that this book was AMAZING..!! I absolutely loved this book : Everything about it. The Characters, the plot, the story-telling, the romance and the HOT SEX..!!

The Book starts with a BANG..!! And WHAT A BANG IT WAS..!!!! (I won't say what it was, but it was a very happy surprise).. ;-)

Shaw Jennings is a 6'5" tattoo artist who says it like it is and does not bull shit. He is also a big fan of Trent Knox. ..!!

Trent Knox has left hi
Bev
4.5 stars from me. Have been waiting for this one since A Little Bit Like Love came out, and I have to say I enjoyed it more than Lucas and Jackson's story to be honest. Plenty of sexual tension, a slow burning romance, and 2 MC's who hit every button I may happen to have 😉. Amazed I read it so quickly, but that's what happens when you get really invested in the characters 😍. Cannot wait for Bash's story A Little Bit Like Heaven which is next in the series, and at the risk of repeating myself, I ...more
Jennifer☠Pher☠
Jul 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, kindle-unlimited
I kind of really loved this one! This was almost perfection for me, almost.

I loved how easy it read. I loved that there was no drama and it really just read as a meet and fall in love kind of story. Sometimes that is all you really need right? Right.

The only thing holding me back from that full on 5★ rating is I needed just a bit more something. Not drama, no way, I liked that there was none. Maybe a bit more romance? I don't know exactly how to describe it. I just needed a bit more when it came
Fatimama
Jul 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Not a big fan of rock star heroes but this book was good.
Bookgasms Book Blog
Jul 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: missy, shelly
Anyone have a spare fan? A/C unit? Bucket of ice? A cold glass of water? Anything? Dear lord, I need something to cool down after finishing A Little Bit Like Desire.

No, really. You will too! The story starts off with a bang. One that grabs you and doesn’t let go ‘til the last page. And even THEN you’re left a little breathless and panting.

Seriously, I loved Trent and Shaw. Their immediate connection—oh, and immense sexual tension—sets this romance aflame and I loved every freaking minute. I ad
AussieMum
DNF 40%
On the face of it this isn't terrible but the setup and plot so far is not holding my attention.
Nazanin
Sep 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars!
No angst, hot heroes and hot steamy scenes. Perfect if you just want to enjoy a sweet romance.
Amanda
This is simply deliciously sweet romance between tattoo artist Shaw Jennings and rockstar Trent Knox. Shaw is the tattoo shop owner and friends of previous heroes Lucas and Jackson. Shaw is in his early 30s and never plan to have a relationship. He is such a nice guy and I can't believe he never have a boyfriend ever. Trent just left his band due to artistic restriction and decided to do something on his own. He ended up at South Haven and rented a house from Bash, who is also one of Shaw's budd ...more
Sarah - Musings of the Modern Belle
**AVAILABLE NOW - FULL REVIEW***

4 Desirous CROWNS

Brooke Blaine has a way of not only making me fall in love with the couple in her book but also the host of secondary characters. First it was Lucas and Jackson in A Little Bit Like Love, and now it is Shaw and Trent in a Little Bit Like Desire. Everything from the romance to the friendship among these quys is sweet as can be with a little bit of sexy behind the doors.

Readers are going to love Shaw. He is the perfect friend, the level headed voice
Joyfully Jay
Jul 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: michelle
A Joyfully Jay review.

This was a fast, light, easy book to fall into. It follows up the first book in the series, A Little Bit Like Love, and is set in the same location of South Haven with Shaw being best friends with Lucas and Jackson from that book. This book works fairly well as a standalone, but there are scenes with Lucas and Jackson and I appreciated knowing all the connections and the full story.

The book immediately jumps into some heated action, but then eases off and lets th
BR Simone, Anne and Christelle 231 5 Sep 23, 2018 11:57AM
You could say Brooke Blaine was a book-a-holic from the time she knew how to read; she used to tell her mother that curling up with one at 4 a.m. before elementary school was her ‘quiet time.’ Not much has changed except for the espresso I.V. pump she now carries around and the size of her onesie pajamas.

She is the author of Flash Point, a romantic suspense standalone, as well as the co-author of

South Haven (2 books)
  • A Little Bit like Love (South Haven #1)